March 31 patch and its effects on the marketplace

Yomo Kimyata

On 4/6/2020 at 10:21 PM, tidge said:

On the high end (Purple, PVP, Winter, ATO) I didn't notice much difference, except that I had no trouble getting what I needed at the cost I could afford to spend (or convert from). 

Call it blasphemy, but I’m not even considering ATOs, Purples, or Winter Os high end any more.  I Just don’t get the volume I’d like for a 2mm profit/slot.

performance shifters in my mind should be higher than they are right now, especially the End Mod.  I think some people have been dumping supply from their bases.

This is a good reminder to periodically check “dead” sectors, like melee or Gaussians.  

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

GOT IT!

Like PVP seasons resetting every few months, make an Influence Ladder, except do it via a unique badge or title (like homecoming-sanctioned costume contest winners) biddable on the AH.  

Once a month, the unique badge/title will be sold to the highest bidder.  Like the normal /AH, the last 5 bids will show (the last 5 winners of the badge)

I would expect the biddable amount to be able to handle 1 trillion influence to account for future inflation. 

Edit: Oops, I thought this was the "Inf sink ideas" thread.  Anyway, idea still suggested.

Edited by Obus Form
Oops
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Obus Form said:

GOT IT!

Like PVP seasons resetting every few months, make an Influence Ladder, except do it via a unique badge or title (like homecoming-sanctioned costume contest winners) biddable on the AH.  

Once a month, the unique badge/title will be sold to the highest bidder.  Like the normal /AH, the last 5 bids will show (the last 5 winners of the badge)

I would expect the biddable amount to be able to handle 1 trillion influence to account for future inflation. 

Edit: Oops, I thought this was the "Inf sink ideas" thread.  Anyway, idea still suggested.

The Badgers would come after you with torches and farm tools, you realize....

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

1 hour ago, Coyotedancer said:

The Badgers would come after you with torches and farm tools, you realize...

So we're proposing a new badge to be given to whoever triggers the largest torch waving mob of badgers? That could work. 🙂

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I just googled "famous rich people" and Cyndi Lauper was one of the first listed.

You are Cyndi Lauper rich.

I mean $30 million is nothing to sneeze at, but I don't quite consider that "fuck you money"

Guess that means I'm not ebil enuff

Edited by MunkiLord

31 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

I mean $30 million is nothing to sneeze at, but I don't quite consider that "fuck you money"

I'm opting for Elton John rich, since he was also one of the first people listed.

Who run Bartertown?

54 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

Also, that was not any sort of a judgment call.  I just liked saying "Cyndi Lauper rich".  

• Haha 2

Who run Bartertown?

4 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Also, that was not any sort of a judgment call.  I just liked saying "Cyndi Lauper rich".  

No worries, I understood! I just looked up her net worth and she's rich, just not swimming in a gold coin vault rich. Which probably describes my situation in CoH. I only picked Cuban and Dirk because I live outside Dallas and I'm a Mavs fan. I would have picked Luka, but he's still on his rookie contract so he doesn't count yet.

The Uncommon salvage thing is still making me MANWHAT?! a little... But as long as people keep buying at that price, I guess I'll keep throwing whatever Harry drags out of the cosplayers out there for them to buy.

'Still bloody weird, though.

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

• 3 weeks later

The price of standard rare IOs that aren't super unique in some way (LotG, certain PvP sets, archetype, etc) looks to be on a slow and unstable descent towards crashing. Been watching stuff like Aegis pieces drop to sub 2 million prices.

This would be terrific if A: It wasn't slowly approaching the point where it's not worth it to make and sell them and B: Purps and those extra special sets were following suit.

I feel a crash of some sort coming on. I don't care all that much personally, I don't play the market, I just farm and sell. But for those diehard marketeers out there, I wager now would be a good time to cash in and play it safe for a while, if you can.

2 hours ago, XaoGarrent said:

The price of standard rare IOs that aren't super unique in some way (LotG, certain PvP sets, archetype, etc) looks to be on a slow and unstable descent towards crashing. Been watching stuff like Aegis pieces drop to sub 2 million prices.

This would be terrific if A: It wasn't slowly approaching the point where it's not worth it to make and sell them and B: Purps and those extra special sets were following suit.

I feel a crash of some sort coming on. I don't care all that much personally, I don't play the market, I just farm and sell. But for those diehard marketeers out there, I wager now would be a good time to cash in and play it safe for a while, if you can.

I think the price drop might just be weekend oversupply (due to more people converting rather than farming) plus marketeers lowballing-so-they-can-flip/so-they-can-price-gauge/so-they-can-win-at-market-PVP.

I see about 30-50% of my regular 4mils drop to ~3.5mil over the weekends. It usually bumps up tuesday onwards when the oversupply is sold out.

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

Yellow salvage prices have also dropped from 50+ KInf to below 10 KInf, with the volume of the supply being nice and high. The swing was so extreme over such a short period of time that it certainly feels like some fundamental changes in the market (or player behavior) are involved.

All said, many of the (current) prices for what I see on the market 'feel right' to me. I'm not a fan of the Aegis set in my builds but I can see some of the appeal (especially for a Fire Farmer), even so I never quite understood why that set's pieces sold so well. On the Defense side, I think the recent price trend of all Reactive Defenses pieces to increase is justified: It offers better multi-set bonuses than LotG (IMO, YMMV) even if it's Global is unique.

As I wrote elsewhere: There appears to be some Amateur-Ebil-attempts around the (non-) sale of Procs of all flavors. Supply dominates the demand on many sets and in several areas it looks like folks are inflating the sale prices in the proc at the risk of ignoring the other pieces in the set. There are more proc options than there are opportunities to use them, and many 'folks-in-the-know' are aware of the point-of-diminishing-returns on slotting procs. Even with the potential for a 'last 5' bug, if fewer than 5 of a piece have sold in the last day, chances are that yours aren't going to sell either.

I was pricing a Hecatomb recipe a couple days ago, and prices were running at under 10 million.  I crafted and got back 22 million, but still.  Just in the past day I bought a set of Apoc recipes at under 15 million, save for the proc.

The patch is working as intended?  Huh. Imagine that.

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit

I have noticed as much as 40-50% swing in prices of procs between morning and late night EST weekdays.  I tend to see swings going the other way weekends.

Time of day and day of week both really matter when trying to get the best returns as well as when to try and stock up on recipes at cheap prices for later crafting.

I wonder if the price dips are due to players mass-buying out their competition for lowest position?

I had about 100 enhancements sell in 30 seconds yesterday for just above my asking price. Any money made from flipping them would get eaten by market fees, so I can only assume it's so the buyer can:

• A) clear out all the enhancements being sold for lower than his/hers
  • B) Relist said items higher to break even on them 
  • C) A combination of A&B driving the price upwards, allowing his/her own versions of the item to still sell high.

So yeah, I reckon the low prices are just market PVP.

Edited by America's Angel
  • Like 1

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.