Ugliest/most useless costume pieces?

Jawbreaker

4 hours ago, Flashtoo said:

I saw a fantasy lizardman making good use of those shoulders!

Tech Knight helmet detail though - the horns - I wouldn't use that for anything other than a WH40K character.

Sounds like a challenge.

🤔

I think I've seen the Tech Knight Horns used more than the helmet.

Edited by Oubliette_Red

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

On 4/2/2020 at 2:43 AM, MaskedMan said:

I don't use a lot of the boots. The later ones make the feet look too big. It's a shame because I like the styles.

Oh I'm the opposite, I love the massive boots. They're great! They're even better now that you can have them asymetrically - I'm a big fan of the Noble Savage costume, so I'm looking forward to (hopefully) asymetrical shoulder pieces, so we can really rock that lopsided look!

noblesavagemodelsheetby.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Noble Savage.

• Like 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

There are a few glove and boot options that are basic scrapped leather, but with these really awkwardly stuck-on spikes.  I abhor these, as they neither look cool nor do the spikes even line up with anything.  Conversely, there are many belt, shoulder, and other such pieces, that would be really nice if they *didn't* have those spikes stuck on to them...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later
On 4/4/2020 at 8:00 AM, ArchVileTerror said:

Head Hunter Belt, maybe?

My main villain, "Bruised Violet", uses the "Small Skull" belt, which is the same thing but with just the one skull in the buckle position. It's the one constant piece across all of her costumes. I actually  like to do that with a lot of my characters. Their overall costumes may be quite different from one another, but will all include one particular piece - I guess it's kind of their "signature" item that unifies all of the costumes. My hero main, "Flaminatrix", also uses the same belt across costumes; I think it's called "Leather Ring", the plain leather belt with the metal bondage rings attached to it.

• 3 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later

I am not a fan of the outsized boots, and they don't really work with the rest of my costumes, which tend to be relatively sleek. 

The flared skirts are something I seldom use, either. 

The Valkyrie skirt makes a much better gladiator skirt than the Roman skirt does.  So I use it instead. 

I like most of the Gunfighter stuff -- though I tend to use it mixed with other pieces for something other than a steampunk/Wild West scheme -- but those shoulder pads with tiny animal skulls (big whoop, you shot a baby goat) -- are rather silly.

The Patrician Toga on a female character is more like a mini-toga.  I usually have one costume slot using it on most of my Romans, but I always combine it with another skirt, usually Talons, to add a bit more length. 

Edited by Heraclea
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

10 hours ago, Heraclea said:

I am not a fan of the outsized boots, and they don't really work with the rest of my costumes, which tend to be relatively sleek.

I have made a slick cyborg/robot, one of her outfits is her wearing oversized/baggy clothes/gloves/boots to hide her mechanical parts.