If stalkers had Stone Melee

Blastit

Which power would AS replace?

The immediate candidates are Tremor and Fault. In many other sets AS replaces a PBAoE attack so Tremor seems to be the default choice. Doing so would leave the set entirely without AoE attacks, though, which basically only happens for Energy Melee. Fault is an AoE control power which isn't the usual kind of thing for Stalkers. So if you want to keep AoE attacks then that's the choice.

Hurl Boulder is a third option, I guess, but I don't think any set with a ranged single-target attack replaces it for AS so that doesn't seem like a priority. Hurl Boulder isn't a very good power but rather than replace it I'd like to see it be made into, well, a decent power. It's flavourful for the set.

Personally I'm kind of leaning towards replacing Tremor because Fault is more important to the character of the set than Tremor is. Spines gets to keep a lot of AoE despite that not being a common thing for Stalkers, because Spines is AoE. I also think that Fault is more fun to use, it's certainly quicker and snappier to activate, and would like to see the level of extra control it gives on an AT that's frailer than Tankers and Brutes.

Also, what kind of animation should the stone AS have? An uppercut or knock-out blow effect with a single stony fist would be cool.

It would be Fault under the old paradigm. But I'd rather Fault be made a damage dealing power and they remove Stone Mallet and move Heavy Mallet to where Stone Mallet is. For animation, what about a stone spear forms around your arm? Or even make it unique and use the Dominator Stone Spear up from the ground, just lengthen the animation time.

On 4/4/2020 at 6:11 AM, Blastit said:

The immediate candidates are Tremor and Fault. In many other sets AS replaces a PBAoE attack so Tremor seems to be the default choice. Doing so would leave the set entirely without AoE attacks, though, which basically only happens for Energy Melee.

And poor Martial Arts.

Would love to see stone melee on stalkers though.  I'd say combine fault and tremor into one, basically a damage power with some control.  Definitely keep the fault animation.

If I were doing it,  I'd love to see something like this:

1: Stone Fist

1: Stone Mallet

4: Heavy Mallet

6: Assassins Strike (Mallet weapon, using sword set thrust animation OR alternate slow motion up-close Hurl (Super Strength) animation..what kind of stalker doesn't want to sneak behind someone and bash them with a big rock?)

8: Build Up

12: Placate (If we must)

18: Fissure (from controller stone APP)

26: Hurl Boulder

32: Seismic Smash

Edited by Killerhawk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Excelsior

ExAstris - Arachnos Widow

Pulp Noir - Illusion/Psy Assault

Perspective - Illusion/TA

Madame Elena - Rad/Bio (Scrapper)

AS should use the overhead smash animation with a giant stone mallet, similar to the sped up crushing blow animation in TW.

And the victim would then be buried in the ground with it's head sticking out with stars swirling around it.

That's how it works in real life, that's how it needs to be.

• Haha 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

Total Focus animation for assassin strike. (With hammer or stone fists) {no jump for fast animation)

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

21 minutes ago, KelvinKole said:

As long as I can critically 

Seismic Smash that unexpecting boss in the face and simultaneously hold him while I laugh at his frailty then I don't care what you take away.

You can do this atm with STJ and Crushing Uppercut.  It makes a great location for the Winter Purple Set with added hold.  

Though maybe not as cool as Stoning them. 

MaKe It haPPen AlrEadY!.. right after fixing energy transfer.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

My wish list version of Stone Melee for Stalkers:

1.   Stone Fist
1.   Stone Mallet

2.   Heavy Mallet

6.   Assassin's Spear (The Stone Spear Animation from Earth Assault but slowed down of course)

8.   Build Up

12. Placate

18. Fissure from Earth Assault or Tremor from Earth Assault (Fissure has a radius of 10 and is a mag 2 Disorient/Mag .67 Knockback.  Tremor deals slightly more damage has a radius of 15 and deals Mag .67 Knockback)

26. Hurl Boulder(Dom version)

32. Seismic Smash

• Like 1