Ice Melee change request

JayboH

I know there are other sets needing attention (hello Poison, Energy Melee, Trick Arrow) and honestly Ice Melee is so much better since it got its revisions.

My only request is to speed up the activation of ice patch.  When you run up to mobs, you are locked in that animation for just shy of 4 seconds.  That is really, really long in practice.

Please give it a try in development testing and you might see what I mean.  Thanks!

Edited by JayboH
  • Like 6

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

I agree with the Ice Patch.

An additional change I'd like to see would be other animation options for the swords. Make them more ice fists. (I really dislike the swords, but love the idea of frozen over fists. The swords stop me from taking Ice Melee or Fire Melee for more than a few levels.) If those sword attacks had frozen fists, I'd put up with the Ice Patch, to be honest.

Edited by TraumaTrain
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TraumaTrain said:

An additional change I'd like to see would be other animation options for the swords. Make them more ice fists. (I really dislike the swords, but love the idea of frozen over fists. The swords stop me from taking Ice Melee or Fire Melee for more than a few levels.) If those sword attacks had frozen fists, I'd put up with the Ice Patch, to be honest.

I think the idea there is the manipulation of those elements into whatever you want such as edged weapons, fists, elemental breath, etc.

Mine is more real-play performance-related.

It's like the mitigation it brings requires I get hit multiple times over and over first just because the activation is so long.

Ice Patch wastes way too much time animating/rooting the character for what it does.  It is, no doubt, larded up with unnecessary animation time much like Propel was ... in part because Ice Patch (for Ice Melee) hasn't had a tune up of its animation since Episode 0 (to my knowledge), meaning we are dealing with ANCIENT legacy coding decisions.

• Like 2

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

1 hour ago, Galaxy Brain said:

Both greater swords need a look see

Yep, how does it look if you replace the swords with ice fists, but keep the animation, I wonder?

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

4 hours ago, JayboH said:

I know there are other sets needing attention (hello Poison, Energy Melee, Trick Arrow) and honestly Ice Melee is so much better since it got its revisions.

My only request is to speed up the activation of ice patch.  When you run up to mobs, you are locked in that animation for just shy of 4 seconds.  That is really, really long in practice.

Thanks for the Energy Melee mention!

also:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/17113-ice-melee-ice-patch/

On 3/29/2020 at 8:10 AM, Troo said:

Please allow Ice Patch to be enhance-able with IO and ATO sets.

It seems like it should allow Slow & Knockdown enhancements.

Ice Patch

Location (PBAoE), Foe Knockdown, -SPD, -Jump

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

3 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1  (yep, that's five +1s on this)

I would rather have 4 air superiority animations of varying speeds than elemental swords. That said, I'm totally fine not having this added, it was never an option, my fire and ice characters simply have never used those powers and are just fine (cringe at that min/max addicts).

Edited by Troo
dig at min/max in fun only
  • Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

8 minutes ago, Galaxy Brain said:

At least give us a sword or first option for each attack

That's even better. Some folks may want more swords.

I'm not sure if there is an animation in the game where the sword wielder attacks with the butt of the sword (brawl just with sword in hand), is there?

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Troo said:

That's even better. Some folks may want more swords.

I'm not sure if there is an animation in the game where the sword wielder attacks with the butt of the sword (brawl just with sword in hand), is there?

There is! For katana at least you bop people with the butt of the sword.

Theres also enough sword animations that we could probably just copy paste them with the elemental sword and call it a day, and vice versa for punches or blast animations

As someone with an Ice Tanker . . . YUP!  Improving the cast time on Patch would be an incredible boon to team damage mitigation.  Anything that slips through my Taunt will be busy tripping and falling, if I play with appropriate tactics.  And I've never felt that Ice was anywhere near to outperforming dedicated damage mitigation like Control Sets, so have at it!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lex Talion said:

Can't think of an uglier weapon in game than the current Ice Sword.

Especially since it breaks/shatters EVERY TIME YOU USE IT ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

9 hours ago, JayboH said:

Completely agree, it's way too long.

• Like 1

For those discussing ice swords, what about other formed objects outside of the fists, like say mallets as in stone melee - ice mallets would hurt - and what else would you like?  etc.

My focus was on the activation time of ice patch because it really doesn't even 'feel' right let alone actual performance metrics.

As far as accepting other enhancement sets, that's not unique at all sadly to several powers in the game.  I could see slow, but disagree on knockback enhancements.  That would just enrage the casual player as most enhancements would just cause the knockdown to become knockback by enriching its mag level - so no, I don't think that's a good idea.  I assume this is for proc reasons?

• Like 1