Why so many McKnights?

By my count, there are at least 4 McKnights in-game: Ashley; her father, Alistair; Ace; and Chance.

Is Ace related to Alistair and Ashley? Is Chance a Praetorian version of Ace, or maybe a Praetorian version of a Primal brother that isn't currently in-game?

Did one of the developers really just like the last name?

7 hours ago, Zombie Hustler said:

By my count, there are at least 4 McKnights in-game: Ashley; her father, Alistair; Ace; and Chance.

Is Ace related to Alistair and Ashley? Is Chance a Praetorian version of Ace, or maybe a Praetorian version of a Primal brother that isn't currently in-game?

Did one of the developers really just like the last name?

Could have just named them all Bruce.

(Full disclosure: I had a Martial Arts-Super Reflexes Scrapper on Live named Jack Bruce.  Someday, he will be back.)

• Like 1

"This is my daughter Ashley, and this her second cousin, Chance, and this my first cousin's wife's best friend's babysitters godson, Ace, who also happens to be a McKnight"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

50 minutes ago, CursedSorcerer said:

Part of me wonders if Chance McKnight is actually the Praetorian version of Ace McKnight.

Given that he uses the same facial texture and has a similar occupation (undercover operative for Longbow/Ministry of Intelligence) and level range (15-19 in WWs arc vs. contact handing out missions in thd 8-15 range) I suspect that this is actually the intention.

And being named Chance instead of Ace is less strange than the Fusion/Jane Temblor double gender swap that happens in Praetoria.

The net result is you’re down to Ashley, her dad Alister and Ace as either her brother or cousin (they mention he’s got certain skills that might actually be very subtle magic) which is much more reasonable... no more tricky than States, Miss and Ms. Liberty anyway.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CursedSorcerer said:

Part of me wonders if Chance McKnight is actually the Praetorian version of Ace McKnight.

41 minutes ago, Chris24601 said:

Given that he uses the same facial texture and has a similar occupation (undercover operative for Longbow/Ministry of Intelligence) and level range (15-19 in WWs arc vs. contact handing out missions in thd 8-15 range) I suspect that this is actually the intention.

I was kind of wondering the same as both of you. Chance and Ace could also be sort of related terminology, as a reference to games (Ace of Cards, Chances of winning). Ace is much cockier and more of a jerk than Chance, but again, that could just be differences between the two Earths.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 8:22 AM, SuperPlyx said:

Sounds like a cheap version of a knight..Can't afford a real Knight to go campaigning with? Come on down to McMercenaries and get yourself a McKnight! 

I smell an SG cooking.

Alistair McKnight?  Of the Paragon City McKnights?

• Like 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝