Snipe Yellow

ILIWAPCT

The yellow ring signal lets you know the snipe can be used in the middle of an attack chain and not be interrupted, it wont do as much damage, however.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

The yellow tells you you can fast-snipe (thanks to a particular enhancement or two, or enough Tactics on the team or whatever else might up your Acc), but that doesn't affect the range of the snipe.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Oh, OK, thanks.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 4/18/2020 at 10:15 PM, Saikochoro said:

Pretty sure the fast snipe damage scales higher with more +to hit up to 22% though. 

Does the Experience Marksman Fast Snipe proc contribute in any meaningful way? I noticed that when slotted, I never have the chance for Sniper Shot bonus damage.

Is the fast snipe damage scale boosted by Kismet's +6% ToHit (called 'Accuracy')? If so, by how much?

3 hours ago, tidge said:

Does the Experience Marksman Fast Snipe proc contribute in any meaningful way? I noticed that when slotted, I never have the chance for Sniper Shot bonus damage.

Is the fast snipe damage scale boosted by Kismet's +6% ToHit (called 'Accuracy')? If so, by how much?

I don’t think so. I’m pretty sure that enhancement is redundant. Unless you never want to use slow snipe. 

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but you only get sniper shot (slow snipe) when out of combat. I think that enhancement puts you at fast snipe all the time hence not allowing you to do slow snipe. I might be wrong on the enhancement though. 

Im am fairly certain that for each percentage of + to hit (up to 22%) you get added damage to fast snipe. Yep, the kismet says it adds 6% accuracy, but it is actually 6% to hit. So that plus tactics should get you to the capper scale for quick snipe. 

Edited by Saikochoro
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Saikochoro said:

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but you only get sniper shot (slow snipe) when out of combat. I think that enhancement puts you at fast snipe all the time hence not allowing you to do slow snipe. I might be wrong on the enhancement though.

This was my experience; there were never any 'Slow Snipes', and the damage was always in 'Fast Snipe' territory. I was just curious if anybody could offer a rationale for slotting that Proc.

I bought it and tried it, Experience Marksman Fast Snipe then immediately removed it. You lose your sniper damage ability. I guess if your are a PvP only blaster, this might be useful. For me, no thank you.

Edited by KC4800
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

On my archery/devices blaster, Targeting Drone has a permanent orange circle now.   Showed up a couple weeks ago.  As far as I know I don't have anything particularly odd slotted in it.  What is this trying to tell me?

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

On 4/20/2020 at 6:57 PM, tidge said:

This was my experience; there were never any 'Slow Snipes', and the damage was always in 'Fast Snipe' territory. I was just curious if anybody could offer a rationale for slotting that Proc.

The best I can think of is slow snipe is prone to interruptions by movement (especially if you’re flying) and if you don’t want the hassle of that...

best I can come up with. Because if you don’t open with snipe you don’t have to deal with that anyway.

I have been able to get a slow snipe in by starting combat with enervating field (rad -res debuff) and queuing the snipe to begin straight after. As long as the mob doesn’t immediately interrupt me, (and it does happen), then I get a snipe shot with the -res debuff already applied for EXTRA bonus damage! It’s sneaky but not without risks, as if you do get interrupted you’ve wasted a lot of end.

Edited by Peacemoon

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

1 hour ago, Heraclea said:

On my archery/devices blaster, Targeting Drone has a permanent orange circle now.   Showed up a couple weeks ago.  As far as I know I don't have anything particularly odd slotted in it.  What is this trying to tell me?

I think the circle shows up when you're not in combat and it'll give your next attack a damage bonus. But that shouldn't be permanent.

On 4/20/2020 at 12:57 PM, tidge said:

I was just curious if anybody could offer a rationale for slotting that Proc.

I found it useful in the Under Ground Incarnate trial, when doing the bombs with couple of other blasters it was useful to not have a long activation to better get the timing right. 

What about the red-and-yellow ring? What does that signify?

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

1 hour ago, DoctorDitko said:

What power and where are you seeing it?

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

Moonbeam, on a Dark/Dark Corrupter. Not used to seeing it on my Rad Blaster.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

13 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

I believe that one says that you get both a fast activation and a damage bonus when you use the power. It turns up mostly on my sentinels. 

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Ah, guess that makes sense.

Something similar shows up as a red ring around my Targeting Drone on my Rad/Dev blaster.

Thanks!