Too Much Recharge to Proc? Gaussian's Build Up in Power Siphon

Vulpoid

I am leveling a Kin/Nin Scrapper and I currently have 3  level 25 recharge IOs and the Gaussian's Chance For Build Up in Power Siphon.
Would less recharge cause it to Proc more?
What is the sweet spot?
( I read an excellent guide, thank you,  but the Math was beyond me as an abstract equation for all situations.)
Thank you if you can help!

Correct you are safe to put as much recharge as you like.

Frequently Asked Questions:

1) How much enhanced recharge can I put into a click-power and still achieve the maximum 90% Proc probability?

If the Proc has a greater than 90% probability to Proc without enhancement, you can calculate the maximum allowed enhanced recharge as follows:

image.png.3f7ca36eb745ee4baf9a9342df975c43.png

In your example, you're looking at:

EnhRCH = (120s / [54*1/1 - 1.93s] - 1) * 100%

= (120s/52.07s - 1)*100%

= 130.45%

So you can slot up to that amount and still retain 90% proc probability. 

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Just now, Vulpoid said:

That was the exact equation that boggled me. Thank you for your help.

I hope plugging in the numbers helped with understanding the formula. Out of curiosity, did you look at the derivation of the formula? It's buried in a Spoiler block in the same section. I try to go step by step on how to derive it, but I may have combined steps that got confusing (I'm looking at step 3 and am realizing I probably should have turned that into two steps). Also, step 4 probably should have been turned into two or three steps haha. Ok, I should revisit it, sorry for the confusion.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Now to figure out if slotting the Gaussian's proc into Siphon Power inter(re)acts "usefully/favorably" with the instant recharge of Power Siphon upon Concentrated Strike procs ... and how to maximize the number of Concentrated Strikes in a "useful/favorable" acceleration of tempo strategy.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

I hope plugging in the numbers helped with understanding the formula. Out of curiosity, did you look at the derivation of the formula? It's buried in a Spoiler block in the same section. I try to go step by step on how to derive it, but I may have combined steps that got confusing (I'm looking at step 3 and am realizing I probably should have turned that into two steps). Also, step 4 probably should have been turned into two or three steps haha. Ok, I should revisit it, sorry for the confusion.

...It boggled me because I am a high school English Literature teacher. If it was Shakespeare or Ray Bradbury, I would have been all set!

• Haha 5

On 4/17/2020 at 1:21 PM, Redlynne said:

Concentrated Strike

No attack chain with Concentrated Strike in it is good. That ability is a DPS Black Hole.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later