Is getting threatened with BAN a common thing on this server?

FnaX

So i did a couple of DFB's with a team of new characters (first character on this server). There was some disagreement over how to get the badges, and apparently i got it mixed up both times (we did the run two times). After i realize this i apologized to the team. Team disbanded and about 5 minutes after one from the team PM's me and says he knows several GM's (whatever that is?) and i will get banned in 12 hours. Well, that's not really encouraging me to continue playing, nor to recommend this server to other I know. Is this normal behavior or was I just unlucky? I've played several hours on the EU server with no problems or people getting this mad/threatening.

It's BS.
If you're getting banned or time-out'ed, a GM will TELL YOU.
And it'll be for something actually wrong that you've really done.

You aren't going to have some bootlicker tell you "I'mma getchoo banned!"
Especially not for borking a badge run...

You just got unlucky and found a jerkoff.

• Like 3

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

I screwed up a couple badge runs my first couple DFBs myself. In my experience it is the fault of the team leader. All he needed to do was take a few seconds at the start of the mission and say, "Does anyone need the badges?" If nobody says yes, you just run through and kill everything. If they do say yes he takes like two minutes and explains it in chat how you get the badges in DFB. I usually mention it once at the start whether I am leading a team or not.

Most people don't even take the minimal time to do that, they just GO, GO, GO!

Even if you don't listen at all it won't get you banned. Maybe booted from the team. But not banned. The person telling you this was probably nine. Mentally or chronologically, doesn't matter. Nine.

• Thanks 2

• City Council
33 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

But Jimmy, why can't I use my close and personal relationship with you to invoke fear in the hearts of other players?

I think you’ve misunderstood the relationship that cats have with fleas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

I've had a few fish poop try this with me.   It's annoying, but more likely to get the fish poop warned or banned than you.  One-Star them so you can recognize them in the future, and/or add them to your ignore list.

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

@FnaX Absolutely not. We'll have a look at the logs here and take any necessary action.

In the future please report any behaviour like that and we'll deal with it.

Hey thanks for clearing, and to everyone else. I've had mixed experiences with online communities so I just wanted to get a feeling early on when experiencing stuff like this. Will report in the future!

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I think you’ve misunderstood the relationship that cats have with fleas.

I think that carrying players around in your hair and letting them suck your blood for sustenance is definitely above and beyond the call of duty.

• Haha 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

3 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

GMs are not going to ban you for accidentally messing up getting a badge. 

Unless it's Efficiency Expert.
If that happens, just drink your poison now...
Because the assassination squad is inbound....

:classic_angry:

:classic_laugh:

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Attempted a badge run on a LAM tonight and one player thought it would be funny to pacify the AV and ruin the run.  Fortunately we had a demo record running and several of us saw the player who did it.....was pretty obvious.  

Funny how some people get their jollies.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Crysis said:

Attempted a badge run on a LAM tonight and one player thought it would be funny to pacify the AV and ruin the run.  Fortunately we had a demo record running and several of us saw the player who did it.....was pretty obvious.  

For those who may not know how to use demorecord in this manner:

In addition to copying the relevant chat logs, it could be helpful to do a demorecord for the GMs if you are petitioning a player.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2020 at 10:17 PM, FnaX said:

So i did a couple of DFB's with a team of new characters (first character on this server). There was some disagreement over how to get the badges, and apparently i got it mixed up both times (we did the run two times). After i realize this i apologized to the team. Team disbanded and about 5 minutes after one from the team PM's me and says he knows several GM's (whatever that is?) and i will get banned in 12 hours. Well, that's not really encouraging me to continue playing, nor to recommend this server to other I know. Is this normal behavior or was I just unlucky? I've played several hours on the EU server with no problems or people getting this mad/threatening.

This was my first MMO, and while there are some jerks (select any group of people and you're bound to find one) as a whole the community was and is still great.  After this game officially shut down I ended up playing WoW off and on up until Homecoming opened its doors to us.  That was somewhat of a culture shock,, and I'll have to admit it has made me a bit rougher around the edges when it comes to gaming.  I also play PoE, and there's times I simply have to turn the general chat off because its so toxic.  Coming back to CoH has been incredibly refreshing, and I really have nothing but good things to say about the community.  I'd really encourage you to stick with the game if you've been enjoying so far despite this players absurd behavior.  The game has held up remarkably well, and I promise you wont regret it.  And don't sweat badge runs, since there is always next time.  There's no lockouts here, and all they had to do was requeue *gasp*

Edited by MajikMayhem81

15 hours ago, Crysis said:

I played on a PvP server on WoW, and we had alliance rogues constantly killing quest NPC's to prevent lowbies from questing.  Then they couldn't seem to understand why what seemed like half the horde faction showed up to take them out and camp them endlessly.  I guess mommy or daddy didn't love them enough?  The bully took their lunch money everyday?  *Shrug*  I had no problem killing people from the opposite faction, but simply being a jerk to be a jerk is not my idea of fun.