Tankroller?

Swoo

You're definitely on the right track. Stacking stuns from Oppressive Gloom + Fault is great for neutralizing a mob. Or Oppressive Gloom + Hand Clap (from Super Strength) or Lightning Clap (from Electrical Melee) could also work, but you'd need a KB->KD IO to prevent scatter. Also, Lightning Clap comes pretty late although you could substitute it with Thunder Strike in the meantime (but its stun isn't guaranteed).

I've done Dark Armor/Stone Melee before so I can tell you from personal experience it's an effective tanktroller, however endurance issues are definitely a thing. If I had to do it all over again, I'd probably go with Dark Armor/Super Strength just because I vastly prefer Footstomp to Tremor.

Winteriel Ice/Fire/Nrg Tanker | @Scranker Global

Dark Armor will net you a Stun And Fear PBAoE toggle, but Cloak of Fear isn’t very strong for its endurance cost and poor accuracy base. Dark Armor can be built to ridiculous levels of survivability with the right build investment.

If you really want to hammer home the Controller aspect though, then I would suggest Ice Armor. That set will give you a lot of strong defense by 32, and fixes a lot of endurance issues in-set. From a play standpoint both sets have a damage aura, but unlike Oppressive Gloom which can cause wander with stun, Ice has Chilling Embrace which is a slow and -Dam. Best thing about CE is that will spread out and longer to draw aggro your way, debuff the incoming damage for everyone equally. The icing on top of it all is Hibernation. If you toss taunt out right before you ice-up you’ll hold that aggro the entire time. 

As a unified build Ice/Stone/Stone is by far the most Controller-feeling Tank (in my opinion).

I'm going to second (third?) Dark/Stone.  You've got Mag 4 stuns that you can perma, meaning bosses and below will just wander around.

Endurance is an issue, but with Cardiac not only do you cut your endurance cost, you buff your resistances too.

What this team needs is more Defenders

Dark/Stone can definitely stun packs of mobs, including bosses.  That said, without an immobilize they will wander around while stunned.  You can solve this with web envelope although it will need to be applied twice before bosses are immobilized.  Knockdowns from tremor may help as well.  Also to consider, keeping enemy attention on you is a form of control as well, as long as you are able to take the hits regardless it's decent mitigation for the rest of the team.

After all that... I tried my hand and making a build anyway lol.  It can theoretically permastun any non-AV while still having softcapped melee defense, and capped S/L/P resists always, N/F/C will become resist capped once you start taking damage and/or stacking might of the tanker.  It is not an endurance light build, incarnates aren't factored in but a cardiac alpha and/or ageless destiny is encouraged.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Tanktroller: Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Dark Armor
Secondary Power Set: Stone Melee
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(3), GldArm-3defTpProc(42), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(42)
Level 1: Stone Fist -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(9)
Level 2: Murky Cloud -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(9), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(11)
Level 4: Combat Jumping -- Spr-EndRdx/Jump(A)
Level 6: Obsidian Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(11), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(13)
Level 8: Super Jump -- Spr-EndRdx/Jump(A)
Level 10: Heavy Mallet -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(17)
Level 12: Cloak of Darkness -- GifoftheA-Def(A), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(19), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(19), Rct-ResDam%(42), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(43), GifoftheA-EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 14: Dark Regeneration -- TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(A), TchoftheN-Heal(34), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(43), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(43), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(45), ThfofEss-+End%(45)
Level 16: Acrobatics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Death Shroud -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(25)
Level 20: Fault -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(25), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(27), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(27), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(29), AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(29)
Level 22: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31)
Level 26: Oppressive Gloom -- RzzDzz-Acc/Rchg(A), RzzDzz-EndRdx/Stun(31), RzzDzz-Acc/EndRdx(33), RzzDzz-Stun/Rng(33), RzzDzz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(33), RzzDzz-Immob%(50)
Level 28: Weave -- GifoftheA-Def(A), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(34), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 30: Tremor -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(36), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Obl-%Dam(37)
Level 32: Soul Transfer -- Heal-I(A)
Level 35: Taunt -- Acc-I(A)
Level 38: Seismic Smash -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(39), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(39), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), TchofDth-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Web Envelope -- GrvAnc-Immob(A), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(46), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(46), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(48)
Level 44: Focused Accuracy -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- GifoftheA-Def(A), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(50), GifoftheA-Def/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(45)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(37), PrfShf-End%(40)
------------

I'd go with Ice Melee.  Ice Patch with is radius increased with the tanker buffs would make anything not KB resistant simply flop around until it died. No need to faff around with anything and KB tends to work on everything, even AVs, and when it fails, well, taunt is a form of CC?

3 hours ago, Sovera said:

I'd go with Ice Melee.  Ice Patch with is radius increased with the tanker buffs would make anything not KB resistant simply flop around until it died.

The irony is that Ice Patch winds up being useful during a span of the mid-game while leveling, but then once you reach 50 and have your build slotted out Ice Patch tends to fade in terms of usefulness and utility ... particularly on an Ice/Ice Tanker that is intended to operate using a "flypaper" strategy that pulls foes in and doesn't let them go until they're faceplanted.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

On old live I made this same concept with Dark Armor/Ice Melee.  Her legacy build is spoilered below.  One wonderful thing about Dark Armor is that the last three powers are quite optional, which means you can be finished with the primary by level 12 if you wanna.  With inherent Stamina this is even freer and you can take some of the skipped primary powers if you want them.  Still never bother with any rez powers. 

As is usual, whenever I made a 'dark' anything character I colored the various funks hot pink. 

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.96
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Ekphobippe - goal: Level 50 Magic Tanker
Secondary Power Set: Ice Melee
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fitness
Ancillary Pool: Arctic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Dark Embrace -- S'fstPrt-ResDam/EndRdx(A), S'fstPrt-ResKB(5), TtmC'tng-ResDam/EndRdx(27), TtmC'tng-ResDam(34), TtmC'tng-EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 1: Frozen Fists -- C'ngImp-Acc/Dmg(A), C'ngImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), C'ngImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), C'ngImp-Dmg/EndRdx(15), P'ngTtl--Rchg%(39), ImpSwft-Dam%(40)
Level 2: Murky Cloud -- ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), ImpArm-ResDam/Rchg(17), ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37), ImpArm-ResDam(39)
Level 4: Frost -- Posi-Acc/Dmg(A), Posi-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), Posi-Dmg/Rchg(7), Posi-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Posi-Dam%(15), P'ngTtl--Rchg%(43)
Level 6: Obsidian Shield -- S'fstPrt-ResDam/EndRdx(A), S'fstPrt-ResKB(17), TtmC'tng-ResDam/EndRdx(39)
Level 8: Dark Regeneration -- Nictus-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Nictus-Acc/Heal(9), Nictus-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(9), M'Strk-Acc/EndRdx(13), M'Strk-Dmg/Rchg(34), M'Strk-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 10: Air Superiority -- C'ngImp-Acc/Dmg(A), C'ngImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), C'ngImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), C'ngImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13)
Level 12: Taunt -- Mocking-Taunt/Rchg(A), Mocking-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(46)
Level 14: Fly -- Flight-I(A)
Level 16: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 18: Health -- Mrcl-Rcvry+(A), Mrcl-Heal(19), Numna-Regen/Rcvry+(19), Numna-Heal(40), Numna-Heal/EndRdx(42)
Level 20: Stamina -- P'Shift-End%(A), P'Shift-EndMod(21), P'Shift-EndMod/Rchg(21), P'Shift-EndMod/Acc(42)
Level 22: Death Shroud -- M'Strk-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), M'Strk-Dmg/EndRdx(23), M'Strk-Acc/EndRdx(23), M'Strk-Acc/Dmg(25), M'Strk-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27)
Level 24: Ice Patch -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 26: Boxing -- Stpfy-Acc/Rchg(A), Stpfy-Acc/EndRdx(46)
Level 28: Freezing Touch -- G'Wdw-Acc/Rchg(A), G'Wdw-Acc/EndRdx(29), G'Wdw-Acc/Hold/Rchg(29), Mako-Acc/Dmg(31), Mako-Dmg/Rchg(31), Mako-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 30: Cloak of Darkness -- GftotA-Def/EndRdx(A), GftotA-EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 32: Tough -- ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), ImpArm-EndRdx/Rchg(33), ImpArm-ResDam(33), ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(33), ResDam-I(34)
Level 35: Greater Ice Sword -- TmpRdns-Acc/Slow(A), TmpRdns-Acc/EndRdx(36), T'Death-Acc/Dmg(36), T'Death-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), T'Death-Dmg/Rchg(37), T'Death-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 38: Build Up -- GSFC-Rchg/EndRdx(A), GSFC-ToHit/Rchg(45), GSFC-ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(45)
Level 41: Block of Ice -- Lock-Acc/Hold(A), Lock-Acc/Rchg(43)
Level 44: Shiver -- TmpRdns-Acc/Slow(A), TmpRdns-Acc/Dmg/Slow(45), TmpRdns-Acc/EndRdx(46)
Level 47: Ice Storm -- P'ngTtl-Acc/Slow(A), P'ngTtl-Acc/EndRdx(48), P'ngTtl-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(48), P'ngTtl--Rchg%(48)
Level 49: Frozen Aura -- M'Strk-Acc/Dmg(A), M'Strk-Acc/EndRdx(50), M'Strk-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), M'Strk-Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 16: LEGACY BUILD
------------

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I have a dark/earth/earth tanker and I love it to pieces. I took the fears from presence as well to stack with cloak of fear. There's also a bunch of disorient proc IOs you can slot for extra effectiveness. You can hold/fear/disorient/knockdown anything that comes your way. Paired with the Hybrid Control incarnate power, everything is getting +mag status effects and extra damage dealt. 

In a group you can open with your disorients, leave a quicksand patch, jump to the next group while your teammates finish that group, Aoe fear and tremor, rinse and repeat. Barely any hits come through (even when they do you have the best self heal in the game), all the while everything sticks to you like glue.

Troublesome enemy types you can hold as needed, or protect a squishy if you're at aggro cap. You also have a stealth option to sneak to mission objectives. It's complete control of the battlefield.

Going an unpopular direction, but I'm running through with a DA/EM Tanker.  It doesn't always keep everything stunned but it will keep a hard target (or several hard targets) stunned and ultimately focused down said hard targets while Death Shroud whittles down the soft targets.  It's kind of the sister set of the Dark Melee combo but using the stun part of DA instead of the fear.

I also have a feeling when DM is going to get a second pass (or before they bother trying again), Energy Melee will finally get the attention and I hope we can get enough attention to focus on ST rather than washing it over with the ol' AoE pushbroom to get it in line with all the other homogenized sets.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Naraka said:

Going an unpopular direction, but I'm running through with a DA/EM Tanker.  It doesn't always keep everything stunned but it will keep a hard target (or several hard targets) stunned and ultimately focused down said hard targets while Death Shroud whittles down the soft targets.  It's kind of the sister set of the Dark Melee combo but using the stun part of DA instead of the fear.

I also have a feeling when DM is going to get a second pass (or before they bother trying again), Energy Melee will finally get the attention and I hope we can get enough attention to focus on ST rather than washing it over with the ol' AoE pushbroom to get it in line with all the other homogenized sets.  

+1 vote on DA/EM.  Whirling Hands + Oppressive Gloom can be interesting.  Anything single-target gets chain stunned as described.  This was a fun combo on live.  May revisit it one day. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2020 at 11:48 PM, Heraclea said:

On old live I made this same concept with Dark Armor/Ice Melee.  Her legacy build is spoilered below.  One wonderful thing about Dark Armor is that the last three powers are quite optional, which means you can be finished with the primary by level 12 if you wanna.  With inherent Stamina this is even freer and you can take some of the skipped primary powers if you want them.  Still never bother with any rez powers. 

As is usual, whenever I made a 'dark' anything character I colored the various funks hot pink. 

Hide contents

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.96
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Ekphobippe - goal: Level 50 Magic Tanker
Secondary Power Set: Ice Melee
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fitness
Ancillary Pool: Arctic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Dark Embrace -- S'fstPrt-ResDam/EndRdx(A), S'fstPrt-ResKB(5), TtmC'tng-ResDam/EndRdx(27), TtmC'tng-ResDam(34), TtmC'tng-EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 1: Frozen Fists -- C'ngImp-Acc/Dmg(A), C'ngImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), C'ngImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), C'ngImp-Dmg/EndRdx(15), P'ngTtl--Rchg%(39), ImpSwft-Dam%(40)
Level 2: Murky Cloud -- ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), ImpArm-ResDam/Rchg(17), ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37), ImpArm-ResDam(39)
Level 4: Frost -- Posi-Acc/Dmg(A), Posi-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), Posi-Dmg/Rchg(7), Posi-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Posi-Dam%(15), P'ngTtl--Rchg%(43)
Level 6: Obsidian Shield -- S'fstPrt-ResDam/EndRdx(A), S'fstPrt-ResKB(17), TtmC'tng-ResDam/EndRdx(39)
Level 8: Dark Regeneration -- Nictus-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Nictus-Acc/Heal(9), Nictus-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(9), M'Strk-Acc/EndRdx(13), M'Strk-Dmg/Rchg(34), M'Strk-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 10: Air Superiority -- C'ngImp-Acc/Dmg(A), C'ngImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), C'ngImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), C'ngImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13)
Level 12: Taunt -- Mocking-Taunt/Rchg(A), Mocking-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(46)
Level 14: Fly -- Flight-I(A)
Level 16: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 18: Health -- Mrcl-Rcvry+(A), Mrcl-Heal(19), Numna-Regen/Rcvry+(19), Numna-Heal(40), Numna-Heal/EndRdx(42)
Level 20: Stamina -- P'Shift-End%(A), P'Shift-EndMod(21), P'Shift-EndMod/Rchg(21), P'Shift-EndMod/Acc(42)
Level 22: Death Shroud -- M'Strk-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), M'Strk-Dmg/EndRdx(23), M'Strk-Acc/EndRdx(23), M'Strk-Acc/Dmg(25), M'Strk-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27)
Level 24: Ice Patch -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 26: Boxing -- Stpfy-Acc/Rchg(A), Stpfy-Acc/EndRdx(46)
Level 28: Freezing Touch -- G'Wdw-Acc/Rchg(A), G'Wdw-Acc/EndRdx(29), G'Wdw-Acc/Hold/Rchg(29), Mako-Acc/Dmg(31), Mako-Dmg/Rchg(31), Mako-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 30: Cloak of Darkness -- GftotA-Def/EndRdx(A), GftotA-EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 32: Tough -- ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), ImpArm-EndRdx/Rchg(33), ImpArm-ResDam(33), ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(33), ResDam-I(34)
Level 35: Greater Ice Sword -- TmpRdns-Acc/Slow(A), TmpRdns-Acc/EndRdx(36), T'Death-Acc/Dmg(36), T'Death-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), T'Death-Dmg/Rchg(37), T'Death-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 38: Build Up -- GSFC-Rchg/EndRdx(A), GSFC-ToHit/Rchg(45), GSFC-ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(45)
Level 41: Block of Ice -- Lock-Acc/Hold(A), Lock-Acc/Rchg(43)
Level 44: Shiver -- TmpRdns-Acc/Slow(A), TmpRdns-Acc/Dmg/Slow(45), TmpRdns-Acc/EndRdx(46)
Level 47: Ice Storm -- P'ngTtl-Acc/Slow(A), P'ngTtl-Acc/EndRdx(48), P'ngTtl-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(48), P'ngTtl--Rchg%(48)
Level 49: Frozen Aura -- M'Strk-Acc/Dmg(A), M'Strk-Acc/EndRdx(50), M'Strk-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), M'Strk-Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 16: LEGACY BUILD
------------

I made a Ice/Dark/Leviathan Scraptroller and it was very effective. Ice Patch, Frozen Aura, KD proc in Death Shroud, Cloak of Fear, Oppressive Gloom, Water Spout with Immobilize/Disorient Procs... more disorient and immobilize procs and then the Control Hybrid that adds more stun, immob, etc. 

It was very effective. Ran a lot of +4x8 content safely.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Camel said:

I made a Ice/Dark/Leviathan Scraptroller and it was very effective. Ice Patch, Frozen Aura, KD proc in Death Shroud, Cloak of Fear, Oppressive Gloom, Water Spout with Immobilize/Disorient Procs... more disorient and immobilize procs and then the Control Hybrid that adds more stun, immob, etc. 

It was very effective. Ran a lot of +4x8 content safely.

So I'm looking at doing a similar thing with a Dark/Elec tank (the big kd+disorient from Thunder Strike swayed me!). Did you try out both sides of Control Hybrid by chance? I'm still in the theorycrafting stage but curious to hear an opinion of which is stronger for the this approach? (Control Hybrid in general doesn't seem to get talked about much on the melee boards!)

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

9 minutes ago, Cutter said:

So I'm looking at doing a similar thing with a Dark/Elec tank (the big kd+disorient from Thunder Strike swayed me!). Did you try out both sides of Control Hybrid by chance? I'm still in the theorycrafting stage but curious to hear an opinion of which is stronger for the this approach? (Control Hybrid in general doesn't seem to get talked about much on the melee boards!)

I didn’t do a lot of testing. But both sides are beneficial in their own right. You get more damage with the chance for + mag and Psi proc tree. But I swear I noticed more control with the other. I went with the tree that didn’t add damage if I remember. As I wanted as much confuse, disorient and immobilize going out as possible.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Camel said:

I didn’t do a lot of testing. But both sides are beneficial in their own right. You get more damage with the chance for + mag and Psi proc tree. But I swear I noticed more control with the other. I went with the tree that didn’t add damage if I remember. As I wanted as much confuse, disorient and immobilize going out as possible.

That's where I'm leaning as of level 1 (hehe) - Control Radial adds Fear and Immob (with the guaranteed stun if both effects are already in place), which feels like it will play nicer with the tools that are already in the build. I really should just make time to go on Test...

@Cutter

1 minute ago, Cutter said:

That's where I'm leaning as of level 1 (hehe) - Control Radial adds Fear and Immob (with the guaranteed stun if both effects are already in place), which feels like it will play nicer with the tools that are already in the build. I really should just make time to go on Test...

Definitely go on test. Dark Armor is your go to for primary as far as control. Dark/Stone, Dark/Ice, Dark/Psi (hello Confuse, Disorient AND Hold? Hmm...) Dark/Elec, Dark/Energy all being top contenders for control. Any Targeted AoE can get KD in Ragnarok, an Immobilize in the Winter ATO set and then various other procs depending on what you have. What this means is that you can slot a chance for Hold proc AND a chance to disorient proc in a power like Electrifying Fences from the Mu Mastery. This opens up a ton of options. 

8 minutes ago, Camel said:

Any Targeted AoE can get KD in Ragnarok, an Immobilize in the Winter ATO set and then various other procs depending on what you have. What this means is that you can slot a chance for Hold proc AND a chance to disorient proc in a power like Electrifying Fences from the Mu Mastery. This opens up a ton of options. 

I hadn't even considered that approach. Seems like a decent suite of proc options... 2 stuns, a hold, KD and self heal?

image.png.5809f33769e0c72839fcb63f55d4d5c5.png

@Cutter

With the caveat that this guy is currently level 1, and none of my ideas are tested, here's my proposed leveling plan. Electrifying Fences is a new addition inspired by this thread - originally I had Weave in that spot for an extra @8% defenses and another 4.5% En/Neg resist in set bonii. I'll have plenty of time on the journey to decide which power I actually need/want there. (I'm also not set on the Destiny pick - Ageless right now for the DDR, tho Barrier would also be strong. Again something to figure out when I get there!)

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Crimson Shroud2: Level 50 Technology Tanker
Secondary Power Set: Electrical Melee
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Presence
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Death Shroud -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(A), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(3), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(5), OvrFrc-End/Rech(13), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(33), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(37)
Level 1: Charged Brawl -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(7), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), KntCmb-Knock%(21)
Level 2: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(3), UnbGrd-ResDam(5), UnbGrd-Max HP%(13), GldArm-3defTpProc(33)
Level 4: Murky Cloud -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7), UnbGrd-ResDam(15), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(19), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(45)
Level 6: Obsidian Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21), UnbGrd-ResDam(46)
Level 8: Dark Regeneration -- ThfofEss-+End%(A), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(36), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(37), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Mrc-EndRdx/Rchg(45), Mrc-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(11)
Level 12: Cloak of Darkness -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(27), ShlWal-Def(27), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(33), Rct-ResDam%(40), Krm-ResKB(46)
Level 14: Provoke -- PrfZng-Acc/Rchg(A), PrfZng-Dam%(15)
Level 16: Thunder Strike -- Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Arm-Dmg(17), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), Arm-Dam%(31), Arm-Acc/Rchg(31)
Level 18: Cloak of Fear -- UnsTrr-Acc/EndRdx(A), UnsTrr-EndRdx/Fear(19), UnsTrr-Acc/Rchg(25), UnsTrr-Stun%(34), UnsTrr-Acc/Fear/Rchg(46)
Level 20: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 22: Havoc Punch -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), Hct-Acc/Rchg(23), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(25), Hct-Dam%(34)
Level 24: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Oppressive Gloom -- RzzDzz-Immob%(A)
Level 28: Chain Induction -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(29), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(36)
Level 30: Intimidate -- UnsTrr-Acc/Rchg(A), UnsTrr-Acc/EndRdx(42), UnsTrr-Stun%(48)
Level 32: Soul Transfer -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 35: Invoke Panic -- UnsTrr-Acc/Rchg(A), UnsTrr-Acc/EndRdx(36), UnsTrr-Acc/Fear/Rchg(42), UnsTrr-EndRdx/Fear(42), UnsTrr-Stun%(50)
Level 38: Lightning Rod -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(40)
Level 41: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(43), UnbGrd-ResDam(43), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(43)
Level 44: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 47: Electrifying Fences -- GrvAnc-Hold%(A), DblAct-Stun%(48), Rgn-Knock%(48), PwrTrns-+Heal(50), EnrMnp-Stun%(50)
Level 49: Unrelenting -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(9)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(9)
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Radial Superior Ally
Level 50: Control Radial Embodiment
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement
Level 50: Vigor Radial Paragon
Level 50: Spectral Core Flawless Interface
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
		|MxDz;1535;757;1514;HEX;|
		|78DA6594594F135114C7EFB453A0A558A0B465B14059DB0285A289C625465954A40|
		|9064C7CAB9332424399A9D336814713D7F840E28B7E055F7CF0C55D3F810BE22E6E|