Things I wish I knew when I started...

Unkk

1 hour ago, RialVestro said:

Actually there is a reason and this is something else I wish I knew starting out.

At the time I started playing the game there was a limit of 8 character slots per server. I had a lot of character concepts and ended up filling three different servers full of alts. Freedom, Champion, and Virtue I think each had 8 characters on them.

Here's the thing, my dad and my cousin were also playing the game and in the same amount of time that it took me to make 24 different level 10 characters both of them already had level 50s. They each just made ONE character and only played on their ONE character while damn near every time I logged on I was making someone new.

That said... it can be a good idea to try out a bunch of different power sets and archetypes, especially if you can't make up your mind what to make. And making alts is perfectly fine if that's what you want to do. But if you ever want to actually make it to 50 and experience the Incarnate content content, Hamidon raids, and other things that you can only do once you hit 50 I would suggest sticking to one character for a while. You can always come back to alting later to give yourself some variety of different characters later on.

But if you  don't hold back and you're anything like me... you're sure to find yourself with 5000 level 10's and not a single level 50. Why do you have so many low level characters? Altitis, someone told me not to hold back... it's a slippery slope.

Literally every player I played with who took the "stay focused on one character" approach burned out on this game immediately.  They didn't like things about their characters but refused to start a different one.

All both of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, RikOz said:

What are these "amplifiers"? I've seen them mentioned 2-3 times now, but don't recall anything called an "amplifier" on the P2W vendor.

They are in the Temp category at the bortom I believe. There are 3 buff types...offenve, defence and recovery type stuff. Start off very cheap bit go up in price as you level. Can have 8 hours at a time. 

There's a NEW rule in effect for returning/new players:

@Nemeroff gets 3% 15% $ of everything you make.  Welcome Back!  😉

• Haha 2

"What are dominators... Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."

11 hours ago, GastlyGibus said:

I understand that, and I do mostly the same with DO's/SO's until 50. My advice was basically "learn how to sell stuff" because I figured, having played before even City of Villains, they wouldn't know about the Auction House at all, since that wasn't added until Issue 10.

Even if you're just going with SO's, if you don't use the market at all, you simply cannot afford to buy anything. I just rolled a new tanker, for example, and I've been pretty much teaming up exclusively with him. He's at level 28 now, and not counting money made from selling on the market, I've only made about 500,000 total over that time. Considering most SO's from vendors run about 20,000-30,000 a piece, you'd probably only be able to buy like a dozen or so enhancements before all that cash is gone.

Don't get me wrong, not saying it's a bad thing or anything, just I know a few players who are adamant you have to become some sort of market expert and have yourself all IO'd up and packed with Purples as soon as humanly possible if you are to play the game.

That works for them but I wouldn't want new players to the game thinking they are going to be unable to level at all if they can't learn the inner depths of the market economics and how to min-max. You can just play the game and have fun with it 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't buy DO, or SO's, they are inf sinks. When you hit 22 start buying basic IO's from the auction house or craft them. They are the same as lvl 50 SO's and you never out level them. When you hit 50 you will want to consider getting proper sets of IO's, or work on the ones you want as you go if you know what your final build will be.

A way to make a quick 1.2 million inf is to get all the exploration badges in Atlas Park, this wiki link has the locations https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Hero_Exploration_Badges.

Use the P2W vendor get the jump pack and ninja run, and you will be able to get to all of them. Once you have them all you will get 5 merits. Go into the city hall and use the merit vending machine and buy 15 enhancement converters and sell them on the auction house. You will get these 5 merits for every zone with 8 exploration badges, which is almost all of them.

• Like 2

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

3. Not all IO's actually level up with you. If it has a level on the enhancement like say 22, it's always going to be level 22 until you upgrade it. The ones that actually level up with you don't have a level rating at all. Similar to mobs in the game. You'll notice that normal mobs spawn a specific set level. Event mobs have no level so whites, yellows, reds, ect. they look that way to everyone regardless of level. It's the same with those enhancements. If you see a number at the bottom like TO's, DO's, and SO's have that means it has a level and can still expire. If you don't see a number at the bottom, those are the ones that will always be your level.

This is slightly confusingly worded, and I'm not 100% sure I know where you're talking about IOs versus SO/SO, but IOs will never expire.  They'll keep providing exactly the same bonus as you level.  A level 25 Damage Common Invention Origin enhancement will provide a 32% bonus to damage if a character slots it at level 22, and it will still provide exactly the same 32% bonus when the characters is level 50.

Edited by Grouchybeast
  • Like 2

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

4 hours ago, RialVestro said:

1. I tried to do IO's when I first got onto Homecoming. I was only able to slot 2 enhancements and then ran out of money to finish my slots.

Agree with this!  As a first character with no other sources of funding, IOs are quite expensive.  They are definitely money sinks.

4. I wouldn't even bother with IO's at all till you get to 50.

But I disagree with this.  Regular enhancements will stop working quickly as you level up, and they'll need to be replaced.  I find this very tedious. Like, I totally hate it.  I would slot IOs until you run out of money and slot regular enhancements as they drop, selling anything you can't use.  Only buy regular enhancements when you are desperate for a particular power to work better, and you need it right now.  Since Invention Origin enhancements never expire, they'll never go bad on you and you'll eventually be ahead of the game.  You might need until level 30 or 35 until this happens and you really see the difference though.

Edited by gameboy1234
  • Like 1

I find IO's to be rather tedious because there are so many different sets

Oh, and the terminology is confusing here.  IOs != IO Sets.  At least that's how I use the term.  Yes I don't really look at IO Sets until at least level 40.  (The exception is certain unique IOs that provide a global bonus, but as you say that's more advanced.)  I'm talking about the regular generic crafted IOs that are just a better replacement for SOs.  New folks should take the tutorial in the university and then money permitting just replace any existing SOs with the same thing.  Also check the auction house for generic crafted IOs that might be got cheap.

6 hours ago, RialVestro said:

There is a number on the enhancement itself, that is the level of that Enhancement. A level 25 Enhancement is going to stay at level 25 regardless of what your character's level is. IO's with a set level like any other enhancement do not level up with you.

There are SOME IOs that do not have their own set level, you won't see a number displayed on the Enhancement icon. These enhancements will always be at the level of the character they're slotted to so if you slot one at 22 it will be level 22 and when you get to 50 the Enhancement will be level 50. These are the only IOs that you will never need to replace as they level up with you. 

The point is that you don't need to replace a level 25 Common IO at any point.  You might want to, to get a better value, but that level 25 will continue to provide approximately the same bonus (32%) as an even-levelled SO enhancement (33.33%) all the way to 50.   A level 35 Common IO will give about the same bonus (36.7%) as a +3 level SO (38.33%),  If you slot Common IOs at level 35, you will have, effectively, +3 SOs forever.

On live, before the days of easy Attuned Set IOs for all, I used to slot all my characters with Set IOs in the 30-35 range, and never replaced them because I liked to have the bonuses available when I exemped.  There's not much practical difference between the stat bonuses on a level 35 Set IO and a level 50 Set IO, and by level 35 the bonuses on Set IOs are much better than SOs.  For example, if I slotted a Ranged damage power with a level 35 Ruin Acc/Dam and a level 35 Thunderstrike Acc/Dam, it will give me a total of 45.88% Damage bonus and 45.88% Acc bonus, which is better than slotting even +3 SOs, and will never expire.

(Of course, since an Attuned Thunderstrike Acc/Dam from the AH now comes from exactly the same pool as a level 35 one, and so has exactly the same cost and availability, this is to some extent completely moot.  But there can still be a benefit to crafting and slotting drops, if that's what you want to do.)

• Like 1

Regeneratio delenda est!

On 4/29/2020 at 2:38 PM, Rathulfr said:

Short-list:

Buy 8 hours of amplifiers at one time from the P2W vendor when you're level 1 (assuming you have the 24K Inf required to do so).  8 hours of in-game time is a long time: often well into your 20s-30s.  The amplifiers (there are 3 of them) get significantly more expensive every with every level (e.g., level 2 = 4K per hour per amplifier).  So front-loading those at level 1 is the best value.

I PL all my characters to 50, and this trick still works after being lvled to 50 but not training yet so you still show lvl 1, the amps still cost 1k each hour. So after getting leveled to 50 I stop at the PTW vendor and buy 8 hours of each amp plus all my travel and QoL powers like team TP, Mission TP, assemble team etc.

A couple things...

1. Exemplaring has no effect on enhancements, only powers. So it wouldn't matter what level you slotted those enhancements you're still going to have the bonuses available when you exemplar down. As long as the power they're slotted into is still available of course.

IOs grant extra bonuses depending on how many enhancements from that set are slotted into your character. Having a complete set, each set containing 6 total enhancements, is going to grand you the biggest bonus. Generally the set doesn't have to be slotted into the same power to get that bonus, they just need to be on your character so you could have all six enhancements slotted into 6 different powers and still get that bonus. This is where you might be having a problem when you exemplar down because if you no longer have access to a power that has one if those 6 enhancements in it then you no longer have access to that enhancement slot and that bonus for completing that set would drop down. As long as you still have access to the power and the enhancement slot there won't be any loss in the status effects those enhancements provide.

Essentially as long as you had access to those powers at level 27 it won't matter if you slotted them at 22 or 50 you're still getting that bonus when you exemplar down to 22. The bonus will only drop off as you lose access to the powers they're slotted in.

2. Higher level enhancements are always going to grant to higher bonus than lower level enhancements. It might not seem like much of a difference on paper but makes a HUGE difference in practice.

Remember what I said about exemplaring doesn't effect enhancements. Because level 50 Enhancements grant a greater bonus than level 25 enhancements I'm always going to be a lot more powerful when I exemplar down to a level than when I was actually at that level. Even taking account for the fact that the game lets you keep powers up to 5 levels higher than your exemplar level that still makes a huge difference between my current level 50++ SOs and the the level 25 SOs I would of had slotted when I was actually at that level originally. And I consistently notice huge differences between when my character was actually low level and when my character is 50 exemplared down to that same level because my current enhancements have a greater bonus than the low level enhancements I would of actually had back then.

You should notice a huge difference too. You shouldn't just be maintaining the same bonus you had at level 22. You should actually have a higher bonus when exemplared down to 22 then when you were actually 22 assuming you've upgraded to higher level enhancements.

3. I think I've finally figured out where we're talking about different things. 

SOs will turn red about every 5 levels. Red enhancements are essentially empty slots that no longer give you any sort of bonus. However you can still combine them with higher level enhancements upgrading them and giving you a higher bonus.

IOs even when you out level them continue to grant the same bonus, they don't turn red. However you do still need to upgrade them as they don't level up with you. Only the Attuned Enhancements do that. When they level up with you they should actually be giving you a higher bonus as you level not staying static granting the same bonus.

You're talking about the drop off vs. no drop off of stats where as I'm talking about the level of the enhancements.

No drop off of stats does not = the same thing as leveling up with you. It just means you won't lose those stats as you outlevel the enhancement.

Leveling up with you means the enhancement's level is always going to be equal to your character's level. This is why whenever I see someone saying that I always correct them that not all IO's actually work this way, only Attuned.

I'm talking about the fact any static level 25 enhancement will always be level 25 regardless of your character's level. So it doesn't matter if they're SO's or IO's you can still out level them and will still need to upgrade them to match your character's actual level.

Maintaining the same stats isn't important to me. I don't really care if it's not going to turn red I'm still going to replace them with higher level enhancements anyway.

The only thing that would make IO's really worth it for me is if their level isn't static so they level up with me and I never need to replace them. Only Attuned IOs work that way but they're so expensive that there's no way to even slot them before 50 which negates any benefit they would of had by not having a static level.

Non-attuned IO's are fairly cheap but don't level up with you so I'm still going to be replacing them anyway which negates any benefit they would of had. You kind of made a point that I don't really NEED to I just WANT to but it's going to annoy me seeing a low level enhancement on a high level character and knowing there are better enhancements that are actually my level. I'd much rather deal with the enhancements temporarily going dead and upgrading them than keeping the bonus as I out level them just to upgrade them anyway. They're not going to stay red for very long so that's not even an issue for me.

A lvl 25 BASIC IO, is almost the same as a lvl 50 SO. Why would you NEED to upgrade it? You can ride it all the way to lvl 50, then you can start working on sets. The one time cost of a BASIC IO, is going to be less expensive than constantly upgrading SO's till lvl 50, to get something that is the same as that lvl 25 BASIC IO.

You can probably get basic IO's pretty cheap on the AH, since people craft them for badges. If you need more inf then just do the zone exploration badge runs and get 5 merits for each zone, turn them into enhancement converters and sell those in the AH.

• Like 3

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

2 hours ago, RialVestro said:

A couple things...

1. Exemplaring has no effect on enhancements, only powers. So it wouldn't matter what level you slotted those enhancements you're still going to have the bonuses available when you exemplar down. As long as the power they're slotted into is still available of course.

For anyone new looking in this thread for tips: in case it wasn't obvious, this is wrong.

46 minutes ago, ArchVileTerror said:

Which is why this was the next reply in the thread.

In addition to the link, which explains the effect on the enhancement value, exemplaring also has an effect on your available set bonuses: excluding bonuses from PvP and Purple IO sets, which work all the way down to level 1, you only get set bonuses for the IOs which are no higher than 3 levels above your exemplared level.

And since it's not immediately obvious and seems counterintuitive, you still get set bonuses for powers that aren't available to you as long as the level of the IOs slotted within them is within range.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Additionally, you always get the benefit of Procs as long as the Power in which the Proc Enhancement is Slotted is still available to you at your current Exemplar level, even if the Enhancement itself is outside the normal range.

So, if you were a Level 50 and had the entire level 30 Numina's Convalescence Set 6-Slotted in Health (don't 6-Slot Health, by the way, this is just an example), then you would be able to retain the Set Bonuses all the way down to Level 27 of Exemplaring.  However, the +10% Regeneration/+10% Recovery Proc from the Set would continue to work all the way down to Level 1, since Health is a free Inherent Power unlocked at Level 2 (and you retain Powers up to +5 your Exemplared Level).

That's probably a little confusing, so don't worry about it any time soon.  It's not something you're likely to need to deal with for a long while if you're a new player.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 11:16 PM, biostem said:

You're probably better off just creating the costumes during the initial character creation, saving them, then loading them in at the tailor later...

The optimal way (for new players) is to make the first costume, hop on the train to Kings Row and head to the tailor in Pocket D. That way, they will be able to make their additional costumes and get credit time for picking up the Pocket D teleport temp power in the process.

• Thanks 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

10 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

The optimal way (for new players) is to make the first costume, hop on the train to Kings Row and head to the tailor in Pocket D.

There is an ICON behind the T Station in Atlas now too...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is wrong.  The stat bonues (Acc, Dam Def etc) from both SOs and IOs may be reduced by exemplaring according to a formula that I'm not going to get into right now.

Set bonuses will no longer be available when exemplared to more than 3 level below the level of the IO.  For Attuned IO, that becomes more than three levels below the lowest possible level of the set, e.g. A set of attuned Thunderstrike will not give set bonuses when exemplared to level 26 or less, because Thunderstrike is a 30-50 set.

The bonus will only drop off as you lose access to the powers they're slotted in.

This is wrong.  Almost all Set bonuses stay active whether or not you have access to the power.  There are a few exceptions, e.g. procs like Performance Shifter +End which have to be slotted in a working power in order to fire off.  Otherwise, in general, Sets in greyed-out powes still give their bonuses.

Generally the set doesn't have to be slotted into the same power to get that bonus, they just need to be on your character so you could have all six enhancements slotted into 6 different powers and still get that bonus.

This is completely wrong.  Set bonuses are only granted by pieces of a set slotted in the same power.

Even taking account for the fact that the game lets you keep powers up to 5 levels higher than your exemplar level that still makes a huge difference between my current level 50++ SOs and the the level 25 SOs I would of had slotted when I was actually at that level originally.

This is not even how SOs work.  SOs provide a fixed bonus that depends only on their level relative to the level of the character.  This is the table for Schedule A SOs, straight from Paragonwiki.  It applies no matter what level you are:

–3  23.331

–2  26.664

–1  29.997

0  33.330

+1  34.997

+2  36.663

+3  38.330

An even-level Damage SO at level 25 gives a 33% bonus.  An even-level Damage SO at 50 gives a 33% bonus.  What is different between level 25 and level 50 is your character's Combat Level, which affects the base Damage etc of the powers that are then modified by the SOs.

IOs do, indeed, give higher bonuses at higher levels.  However, they do not scale linearly, so the higher level they are, the less benefit there is to replacing them.

You should notice a huge difference too. You shouldn't just be maintaining the same bonus you had at level 22. You should actually have a higher bonus when exemplared down to 22 then when you were actually 22 assuming you've upgraded to higher level enhancements.

On a level 50 character who exemplars down to 22, a level 50 Damage Common IO (which has a 42.4% bonus) will give a bonus of 25.8% because of enhancement exemplar scaling

On a level 50 character who exemplars down to 22, an even-level Damage SO (which has a 33.33% bonus) will give a bonus of 20.74% because of scaling. 

A level 25 Damage Common IO slotted by a level 22 character will give a bonus of 32%.

The benefit that exemplared characters experience is from the number of slots they have, not from higher enhancement values.  A character that exemplars down in your example actually has LOWER individual enhancement values than the natively level 22 character.

Now, on a level 50 character who exemplars down to 22, a level 25 Damage Common IO (which has a 32% bonus) will only give a bonus of 19.9% (which is still, of course, about the same as the exemplared even-level SO), which is definitely an argument for upgrading level 25 Common IOs at 45/50, if you plan to exemplar a lot.

(Scaling with Set IOs is more complicated, as explained in the Paragonwiki link.  For example, if you've slotted a level 25 Set IO triple (e.g. Acc/Dam/Rech) and kept it to 50, then the rules of enhancement exemplar scaling mean that if you exemp down from 50 to 25 then the Acc/Dam/Rech bonuses will all function at full strength (16%), because each individual bonus is less than 20% and so immune to scaling at level 22.  So that single set IO would provide almost as much benefit when exemped to 22 as slotting one each of even-level Acc, Dam and Rech SOs.  It's also, perhaps more surprisingly, slightly better when exemped than a level 50 Acc/Dam/Rech, which would be scaled down to 13.2% in each aspect. 

As I said, it;'s complicated.  If you want to examplar a lot, Attuned Set IOs are better and less confusing.  Slot Attuned Set IOs unless you really love maths.)

I'm talking about the fact any static level 25 enhancement will always be level 25 regardless of your character's level. So it doesn't matter if they're SO's or IO's you can still out level them and will still need to upgrade them to match your character's actual level.

And I'm saying that if your gold standard is SO performance, then you don't NEED to upgrade Common IOs at all past the mid levels, because the bonuses don't increase linearly, and the difference between a level 35 Common IO and a level 50 Common IO is not that great.  And a level 40 Common IO will give you a better bonus than a +3 SO, and it will never go red.

Incidentally, Set IO with multiple bonuses (e.g. Acc/Dam/Rech) outperform SOs even earlier, and there's even less need to replace them as you level.

If you WANT to replace Common IOs every 5 levels purely because you don't like looking at enhancement numbers that are lower than your level, that's absolutely fine, of course.  You do you.  But it's bad advice to post in a thread specifically meant for someone who's never used IOs.

If you would prefer to have lower enhancement values and keep replacing your SOs, rather than slot level 35 or 40 Common IOs and keep them to 50, simply because you don't like looking at lower level Common IOs, again, absolutely fine.  But also again, not necessarily good general advice.

Only Attuned IOs work that way but they're so expensive that there's no way to even slot them before 50 which negates any benefit they would of had by not having a static level.

Non-attuned IO's are fairly cheap but don't level up with you so I'm still going to be replacing them anyway which negates any benefit they would of had.

Attuned and non-attuned set IOs cost exactly the same in the Auction House.  On HC, all Set IOs of the same type (e.g. a Thunderstrike Acc/Dam) are placed in a single pool in the AH, whether they are Attuned or have a level.  So if I list a level 37 Thunderstrike Acc/Dam for sale on the AH, and someone else bids for an Attuned Thunderstrike Acc/Dam, then the AH will sell my IO to them and automagically turn it into an Attuned IO.  There are some pretty cheap sets that have good bonuses, and if you forget set bonuses and slot purely for the basic values ('frankenslotting') then you can choose the cheapest ones without worrying about set bonuses.

It's entirely possible to slot a character with Attuned Set IOs as you level them, using the drops, merits etc you get while levelling.  I do it all the time.

Unless by non-Attuned you actually mean only Common IOs (i.e. the single-aspect, non-set IOs).  They indeed can't be attuned.

(@Unkk - I'm so sorry for derailing your thread, but I didn't want you to end up with a lot of confusing advice and bad information, and decide IO Sets were a waste of time.  IO sets are great!  Common IOs are great!  Do the University tutorial!)

Edited by Grouchybeast
  • Thanks 2

Regeneratio delenda est!

3 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

The optimal way (for new players) is to make the first costume, hop on the train to Kings Row and head to the tailor in Pocket D. That way, they will be able to make their additional costumes and get credit time for picking up the Pocket D teleport temp power in the process.

And if you are going to want five different costumes, make them before level 10; after then costume changes cost inf, but 1-9 they are  free.   I end up tweaking too late.  Also, the costume you make in your first slot gets copied to all five at character creation, so give it some thought. 

I had no idea that villains and heroes could share supergroups.  So I created a separate group for villains on Torchbearer, with a very basic base that included porters to the villain zones.  I have rather neglected it. 

• Like 2
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

51 minutes ago, Heraclea said:

I had no idea that villains and heroes could share supergroups.  So I created a separate group for villains on Torchbearer, with a very basic base that included porters to the villain zones.  I have rather neglected it. 

This one's a good one - I did that too before I realized that I wasn't booted from the SG when I switched alignments. After that I put all of my characters into one SG and added the cross-alignment beacons, but it took a good month before that happened.

4 minutes ago, RialVestro said:

It's not wrong.

I already explained in that same post why it effects available set bonuses. If you don't have access to the POWER the enhancement is slotted into then you also won't have access to the bonus of the enhancements in that power. As long as you have access to the power then their enhancements stay the same.

What you're saying is actually wrong. It's always been maintained since exemplaring was first introduced that it effects POWERS and nothing else. Even the provided link backs this up.

"The functionality of Exemplaring can not take into account when you slotted powers, nor can we dictate which Enhancements to keep if we were to reduce the number of slots you have."

This means that it does not matter what level you slotted a specific enhancement, you're still going to have access to it. It does not go away simply because you slotted it at a higher level. Literally the first line on the page.

It's completely, 100%, factually incorrect. Rumors and assumptions, not based in fact, turn into some hard-set belief like you are espousing, and it gets propagated by others because nobody actually tests anything before they try to correct people.

Burden of proof is on you, you've been called out on your BS by multiple people, so please provide evidence beyond an outdated quote from before IOs were ever a thing.

Edited by siolfir
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, RialVestro said:

Because "ALMOST" isn't the same.

Wow, ok if the 32% bonus for the lvl 25 basic IO isn't good enough for you as the 33.3% for the lvl 50 SO, then wait till you can get the lvl 30 basic IO and get the 34%..

Edited by Crimsonpyre

1 hour ago, siolfir said:

It's completely, 100%, factually incorrect. Rumors and assumptions, not based in fact, turn into some hard-set belief like you are espousing, and it gets propagated by others because nobody actually tests anything before they try to correct people.

Burden of proof is on you, you've been called out on your BS by multiple people, so please provide evidence beyond an outdated quote from before IOs were ever a thing.

I think my issue with things here stems from a lack of clarity on what exactly is being discussed.  Is the topic being discussed the set bonuses or the enhancement values of the individual IO's within the set of the power in question.  My understanding is if the enhancements generating the set bonuses level values are no more than 3 greater than the your current combat level then you get the set bonuses even if the power itself was chosen at a much higher level. (Excluding things like purple sets etc.).  Easy enough to test I would think.  Hop onto the test server, put some level 10 kb protection IO's in powers taken at levels 44, 47 and 49, get at least 3 slotted up.  Then exemp down to level 40 and piss off something like a Fake Nemesis and see if he still knocks your butt across the docks.  If those lvl 10's are working you shouldn't get knocked anywhere even if he caves in your skull for being a +4 Boss.

Edited by Doomguide2005
Trying for more clarity myself