Proliferate a defense-based epic to defenders/corruptors

Uun

None of the epic power pools available to defenders or corruptors hero side include a defense-based armor. I'm aware that you can change alignment and do a patron arc to get scorpion shield and then change back, but blasters, controllers, dominators and masterminds don't have to go this route. All have access to frozen armor, and controllers also have access to rock armor. Would it be too much to ask that an ice/cold and/or earth/stone themed epic be cobbled together for defenders and corruptors? How about this:

Chilblain Stone Prison
Hibernate Fissure
Frozen Armor Rock Armor
Greater Ice Sword Seismic Smash
Freezing Touch Earth's Embrace

• Like 2

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

3 hours ago, Uun said:

None of the epic power pools available to defenders or corruptors hero side include a defense-based armor. I'm aware that you can change alignment and do a patron arc to get scorpion shield and then change back, but blasters, controllers, dominators and masterminds don't have to go this route. All have access to frozen armor, and controllers also have access to rock armor. Would it be too much to ask that an ice/cold and/or earth/stone themed epic be cobbled together for defenders and corruptors? How about this:

Chilblain Stone Prison
Hibernate Fissure
Frozen Armor Rock Armor
Greater Ice Sword Seismic Smash
Freezing Touch Earth's Embrace

I don't necessarily agree with your power choices and order, but I find your base request of def based epics that dont require you to go red side, a reasonable one.

• Like 6

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!

42 minutes ago, Snowdaze said:

I don't necessarily agree with your power choices and order, but I find your base request of def based epics that dont require you to go red side, a reasonable one.

I didn't spend a lot of time on the power choices. The first set is Ice Mastery (controller) with Ice Blast swapped out for Chilblain and Frost Breath and Ice Storm swapped out for Greater Ice Sword and Freezing Touch. The other set is Stone Mastery (controller) with Hurl Boulder swapped out for Stone Prison. It was more to show that the sets could be created from existing powers pretty easily.

Edited by Uun

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

So, from the way this suggestion is written, it seems to me that this is pretty clearly a plea to make min/maxing easier, so from that perspective, I'm not on board. However, Corruptors and Defenders both have Ice-themed primaries and secondaries, so I'm totally fine with adding an Ice APP to those ATs (though not necessarily with the powers picked by OP). Until there's at least one powerset to match the stone/earth theme for those ATs, however, I'm gonna vote no on a Stone APP.

19 minutes ago, Vanden said:

So, from the way this suggestion is written, it seems to me that this is pretty clearly a plea to make min/maxing easier, so from that perspective, I'm not on board. However, Corruptors and Defenders both have Ice-themed primaries and secondaries, so I'm totally fine with adding an Ice APP to those ATs (though not necessarily with the powers picked by OP). Until there's at least one powerset to match the stone/earth theme for those ATs, however, I'm gonna vote no on a Stone APP.

I'm not a min/maxer and none was intended. I prefer the defense armors on squishies. I've got ice armor on 3 and rock armor on 1. I'm leveling a cold defender and would have liked ice armor as a choice.

There's no problem with making a stone APP despite there not being stone sets for either AT. Not like a fire APP is only available to characters that took fire powers for their primary or secondary, and the powers you'd use to build the APPs are already in the game. It's as close to a freebie as you can get in regards to broadening APPs. This would make it easier to get defence toggles but Scorpion Shield already exists and it's not like creating new resist-based stone and ice toggles is warranted.

I'm all for creating APPs of the missing themes as well as of all themes you can make with existing powers.

16 hours ago, Vanden said:

So, from the way this suggestion is written, it seems to me that this is pretty clearly a plea to make min/maxing easier, so from that perspective, I'm not on board.

Is there a significant hurdle to getting Scorpion Shield?  You can change your alignment in zero minutes, and Black Scorpion's patron arc can be easily run in an afternoon.

My understanding is that even in ATs that have access to Ice Armor, Scorpion Shield is still the meta.  So it doesn't feel like adding ice armor to Defenders/Corruptors would be increasing max powerlevel significantly.  This seems a pretty unobjectionable suggestion from a minmax/power creep perspective.

10 minutes ago, aethereal said:

Is there a significant hurdle to getting Scorpion Shield?  You can change your alignment in zero minutes, and Black Scorpion's patron arc can be easily run in an afternoon.

Hell, if you haven't auto-completed, set it to -1/1 and bash it out in 45 minutes.

I doubt this helps with min-maxers becauise if they wanted to min-max THAT badly then the patron path is barely a blip in the road.

27 minutes ago, blayzemaster said:

Hell, if you haven't auto-completed, set it to -1/1 and bash it out in 45 minutes.

I doubt this helps with min-maxers becauise if they wanted to min-max THAT badly then the patron path is barely a blip in the road.

Correct as a Min-maxer, can confirm! I didn't care, then again I am also a Badger and went over redside for the shinies anyway.

But new options are always good. as long as they are well thought out and well balenced.

Edited by Snowdaze

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!

17 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I still want a earth blast set.

17 hours ago, Snowdaze said:

Wind control first please?

I love both of your ideas! It's so sad that we only have a small dev team 😞 what a wonderful job they've done so far though!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, aethereal said:

Still takes a lot longer than getting epic access. Since that just gets handed out. Make epic access require an unlock.

21 hours ago, aethereal said:

My understanding is that even in ATs that have access to Ice Armor, Scorpion Shield is still the meta.  So it doesn't feel like adding ice armor to Defenders/Corruptors would be increasing max powerlevel significantly.  This seems a pretty unobjectionable suggestion from a minmax/power creep perspective.

It would entirely depend on what other powers came with the APP.

As it stands, I hardly take anything out of Scorpion other than the armor. The Immob can be nice on certain chars. The redraw drives me nuts on a busy defender though.

If Ice APP came with Hoarfrost, EA, or maybe Ice Slick, it might not be as clear-cut. Hell even Chilling Embrace could be interesting with Defender values xD

Edited by Primantis