Simple macro to mail yourself Inf across your characters...

11 hours ago, Chrome said:

how can i use this for empyrean merits...i saw earlier in the thread a possible way but i tried it and it did not work for me ...

You'll have to try how I explained. Simplest way is to start by selling all your salvage in order to have less of it cluttering the salvage window, and then try adding one number at a time.

So lets say I have sold everything but have incarnate salvage and whatever totaling six separate items.

/emailsendattachment @sovera "Emp" 0 11 1 "HAX"

Didn't work?

/emailsendattachment @sovera "Emp" 0 11 2 "HAX"

Still didn't work?

/emailsendattachment @sovera "Emp" 0 11 3 "HAX"

If by the time I have reached /emailsendattachment @sovera "Emp" 0 11 7 "HAX" it still has not worked something else needs to be tried, but start with that.

1 hour ago, Mystic Fortune said:

No lie. 100,000,000 INF to the person who figures out how to make this work for those of us who's global handle uses space(s) in our names

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if _ and " or a combo of both together did not work then it's not going to work. It's clunky old coding. Same way I use the text file to introduce my name and password and only need to click on accept to log in, but was unable to make it accept a space in my password and had to change my password for one without a space.

On 6/6/2020 at 1:05 AM, Mystic Fortune said:

No lie. 100,000,000 INF to the person who figures out how to make this work for those of us who's global handle uses space(s) in our names

I ended up changing my global to remove the space.

end of headache.

• Thanks 1

ZERO MERIDIAN (AFFILIATED WITH THE HOUNDS OF L❤️VE) REUNION SERVE

ZM WATCHTOWER, Geosynchronous Low-Earth Orbit, Lat 51.476852 Long -0.000500,

enterbasefrompasscode ZEROMERIDIAN-1121 

ZM Watchtower is for all heroes at all times, all we ask is that you set your visual scale  /vis_scale 10

On 5/31/2020 at 9:48 PM, EmmySky said:

Ok this is genius!  I have a bind to in select powers that also does the /e tantrum emote....which also now sends 25m to myself in email..hell r0y I may just send you a thank you gift for saving me so much time!

*GROUSE*GROUSE*GROUSE*

"What's wrong?"
"My damn kid in college!  He's bankrupting me!"

*GROUSE*GROUSE*GROUSE*

• Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

• 2 weeks later
On 6/9/2020 at 6:20 AM, CaptainAmazing said:

I ended up changing my global to remove the space.

end of headache.

That's not an option for me. I already used my one global name change to correct the mistake of not recreating my namesake as my first character on Homecoming.

• Sad 1

On 6/5/2020 at 6:30 PM, Sovera said:

Same way I use the text file to introduce my name and password and only need to click on accept to log in,

Can you elaborate on this?  I'd love to do that!

On 6/5/2020 at 5:05 PM, Mystic Fortune said:

Assuming your global is "Mystic Fortune" I just sent you an email with the Macro in Game from @eclipse. 

/emailsendattachement "@Mystic Fortune" "Testing Macro" 1 0 0 "testing"

Edit: Welp, never mind. The above doesn't error, and takes out the inf... it also doesn't send the message, though.

Edit2: CoH uses `gmailxactrequest` for sending emails (and chat messages?). Seems like it is _actually_ gmail based!? but I can't find anything about that library.

Things that don't work:
single quotes, double quotes, explicitly set commas, explicitly setting `handle=`, triple single quotes, Triple doublequotes,  , /s. escaped quotes, `escapeString()`

It might not be doable due to actually doing proper string validation...but we shall see.

Clearly it is _possible_ somewhere in the backend because character items can go to people. Fairly certain I found the code that does that. 

(mail->from && from)?from->name:"System Mail"

But IDK if it can be reimplemented in game.

Edited by Eclipse.

On 6/26/2020 at 8:37 PM, Eclipse. said:

Seems like it is _actually_ gmail based!?

I'm going out on a limb, but I think the "g" might stand for "global"  (not sure how popular gmail was in 2004).

29 minutes ago, r0y said:

I'm going out on a limb, but I think the "g" might stand for "global"  (not sure how popular gmail was in 2004).

that....is a really good point. IIRC by late 2004 Gmail was VERY popular shortly after it came out because it offered something like 100x the storage space of most other free emails of the era.

Still, you're very probably right about it being global since dev work started far prior to release of gmail.

Edited by Eclipse.

On 5/28/2020 at 10:17 AM, Techno said:

I thought I could use this to send emp merits via email quickly, I changed some of the parameters around to this..

/macro "EMP" emailsendattachment @techno "Emp" 0 11 49 "HAX"

I got it to work on my alt, but then i tried it on another and it didnt. 11 is the salvage parameter and 49 is the location, i guess this changes on each alt depending on what salvage they have,

this works, yes, but the 49 changes, either from logging out on the alt you're on, or changing to another. so here's what i found through some trial and error (and with @tig's help on discord

1) clear out any crafting salvage you're carrying, it'll really help when doing this.

2) convert any merits up to next highest merits possible first. than use the macro after. your mailbox has limits. it's around 200 items i think.

3) keep your combat tab, salvage window, and mail window visible, so you can see error msgs in the combat, or the merits counting down from successful sends.

4) when editing, only backspace, so your line 0 11 49 is changed to remove the space and 49 only, "Hax" is just what goes in the body of the msg, so customize that if you want. if you have to swap alts becaus of full inbox, start at 0 and begin again.

5) before trying the macro, right click it to look for &nbsp that should not be in the macro, the first pic whos the weirdness, the 2nd shows the normal macro. if you see $nbsp, you will get an error msg, this is bad. no error msg is good. seeing the merit(s) countdown is ideal. if the error comes up, edit the macro,  remove the space between 11 and the last number, then tap spacebar to put one back in.

6) where 49 goes, start from 0 (zero) and go up in increments, until you see the merits counting down and appearing in your mail inbox.

7) this won't work on non transferable items.

image.png.e6b39fa619edfd7524a8cad482aab6ab.png

image.png.7829982bdd61ad88053df9f590b8532a.png

Edited by twospirited
correcting some errors, amending merit conversion
  • Like 1

Yeah, unfortunately, emailing anything other than infamy or inspirations is a chore.  It would be nice if there was a "reserved" position for things like Transcendence and Hero/Villain Merits, so unless I have more than 10 hero/villain merits to transfer, I just do it the old fashioned way, as it seems faster.

What would be cool is having a macro that opens a new, blank e-mail – or better opens a new e-mail with the fields populated with whatever is passed, then we can just hit that macro, drag and drop, then send.   Something like /emailnewmessage "recipient" "Subject" "body text"

• 2 weeks later

I'm still poking at this, but this is what I've found so far in regards to making it easier(er) to use the macro to mail yourself merits quickly:
(NOTE: the following has not been extensively tested, your results may vary depending on the types of untradeable/account bound inventory items you have)

Short Step-by-step:

-First: clear out tradeable items from your salvage inventory.  Via either selling them, putting them in a personal vault, or dropping them into the auction house.

-Second (this is vital that it is done after any change in inventory when working with the macro):  Enter a super group base, change zones, or do something that results in a loading screen/zone transition (oddly enough, logging to character select does not seem to count, but I've not tested it that extensively).

-Third if you have *only* Reward Merits and Empyrean Merits, the following macro should e-mail you Empyrean Merits (assuming you put your global handle in and not use the one here:

/macro Merit emailsendattachment "@YourGlobalNameHere" "Merit Mail" 0 11 1 "Empyrean Merit sent to self"

Likewise, if you change the third integer to 0 (instead of: 0 11 1  you use 0 11 0), it should send you Reward Merits.

caveats:

-IF you have incarnate threads, however, they appear to have priority over Empyrean Merits, and you will need to use the following:

/macro Merit emailsendattachment "@yourGlobalNamehere" Merit Mail" 0 11 2 "Empyrean Merit sent to self"

-IF you have Astral Merits, the position/element number for the Empyrean Merits may be 3.  it appears the Astral Merits have a priority over the Empyrean Merits.

Detailed info on what my small amount of experimentation has revealed so far, including info for people who want to know more about the macro itself, etc.:

the reason that:  /macro 2 emailsendattachment "@YourGlobalName" "elem 2" 0 11 2 "Item in list element 2" 

For new people, the macro to email your self is structured like this:

<slash command> <button name> <command to do when button is pushed> <user global handle in quotes> <e-mail subject in quotes> <integer 1> <integer 2> <integer 3> <email body in quotes>

I'm not familiar with what "integer 1" is.

"integer 2" is the window/location.  "11" is the salvage inventory space ("2" is the inspiration space.  I'm sure there's one for recipes also, but I don't know what it is).

The main issue people have is with "integer 3", as it represents the position of the item in inventory that you wish to send. 

I don't know how the game prioritizes certain items, but they do appear to exist in general categories which are then compiled into a list of inventory items, each having their own element/slot number in that list.

The major categories appear to be: Invention Salvage, Special Salvage, Incarnates, and Merits

invention salvage, upon zone change, is bumped to the front of the list.   

Example:  I have 10 macros set up, each one tries to send an e-mail for the corresponding list element.

0 sends me a Reward Merit

1 returns a "no mail sent, item untradeable" error (I *believe* this is the incarnate threads, but am not sure)

2 sends me an Empyrean Merit

BUT, if I go and grab a Temporal Tracer from a salvage rack...

0 sends me the Temporal Tracer

1 sends me a Reward Merit

2 returns an error

3 sends me the Empyrean Merit.

If I then go and grab another salvage item, such as a single quantity of "fortune"

0 sends the Temporal Tracer

1 sends the Fortune

2 sends the reward merit, and so on.

So invention salvage has priority at the beginning of the list.  This is why it's important to remove all tradeable items from your inventory before attempting to make a macro to send stuff to yourself.

The priorities appear to exist with the different merit badges, as well as different types of incarnates.   The caveat with the badges is that it appears (I haven't been able to verify yet) that while Vanguard Merits are untradeable, they still fall under the Merit Category.

Again, all of this is guesswork based on a couple hours of testing, and is in no way absolute or a permanently viable method of sending merits to yourself.   It's more about some steps to take to minimize the amount of testing you have to do in order to find the right category position number of the Merits you want to send yourself.

edit:  It appears that the order in which the invention salvage fills the list is based on an internal ID for each item.  I'm still waiting on the auction house orders to fill for one of each type of "orange" salvage, but so far, it would appear that "Human Blood Sample" has the lowest ID number, as no matter what I do, it always winds up being the first thing I e-mail to myself if it is present.

If anyone finds results that are contradictory to what I've put up here, *and* if you verified said results after changing zones/instances, I'd love to know.   This whole thing sort of presented itself to me as a puzzle that I can't look away from. :)

Edited by nythia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later
8 hours ago, EmmySky said:

Has anyone found a solution to the spaces in global name issue as regards a self email bind or macro?  My friend has spaces, I do not, so it works for me but not for him.

only way i can think of is to put their global name in quotes "global name" to see if that'd work

• 6 months later
On 6/5/2020 at 7:05 PM, Mystic Fortune said:

I only know enough to ask this question, but not enough to answer it...

Is there some trick we can do where we turn the string "@shred monkey" into an ascii code or hex code and then use that instead of the string that has a space in it?

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

• 11 months later
On 7/28/2020 at 3:52 PM, EmmySky said:

Has anyone found a solution to the spaces in global name issue as regards a self email bind or macro?  My friend has spaces, I do not, so it works for me but not for him.

super bump

i’ve been trying the macro with my global handle and no luck, will log on and see if i can change it something without a space

• 2 years later
On 6/5/2020 at 6:05 PM, Mystic Fortune said:

Thy an underscore (@XXX_YYY) connecting your name.

edit: Disregard. This doesn't work.

I'll also give someone 100mil inf if they can figure this out.

Edited by SomeGuy