Simple macro to mail yourself Inf across your characters...

I was bored tonight and was thinking:  sure wish we had account-wide bank and salvage/inf storage (beyond a personal SG with bins, etc).

So I thought, well, why not have a macro that will move cash to one's @<global> and I came up with this:

/macro $ "emailsendattachment @r0y Cash-Dump 20000000 0 0 "Cash from $name."

Now, emailsendattachment takes SIX (6) arguments:  <string> <string> <integer> <integer> <integer> <string>

I've heard the other two integers are the placement of the attachment (not sure what or why).  I leave them both 0 (zero).  The above macro will then place (assuming I have it) 20,000,000 (twenty-million) inf in my in-game e-mail box to my global name.  Handy.

So just before logging out, or whenever, spam the macro a few times.  I copy macros across my characters (via popmenu) so once each alt has it, I can then start storing my influence/infamy/information in my global mail, at least until I hit the limit - but with the frequency and amount of alts I start, that likely won't happen.

Just thought I'd share it, and this sub-forum seemed the likely spot.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I look forward to all the people who will copy and paste your macro as is and send you 20M influence. You're a genius. 🤣

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 24

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I thought I could use this to send emp merits via email quickly, I changed some of the parameters around to this..

/macro "EMP" emailsendattachment @techno "Emp" 0 11 49 "HAX"

I got it to work on my alt, but then i tried it on another and it didnt. 11 is the salvage parameter and 49 is the location, i guess this changes on each alt depending on what salvage they have,

• Thanks 1

Hmm, this is extremely useful to transfer empyreans, but I am unable to make it work despite copying the above macro.

At first I thought it was the empyreans but it works if I use inf and still doesn't if I use white salvage.

It works for inf: /emailsendattachment @sovera "Emp" 100 0 0 "HAX"

It still works if I sent a mail without attachments or inf: /emailsendattachment @sovera "Emp" 0 0 0 "HAX"

It works to send inspirations but only the first one. Changing the last number from 0 or 1 prevents it from working: /emailsendattachment @sovera "Emp" 0 2 0 "HAX"

Trying to send salvage simply does not work. According to an old post in another server the salvage number starts from left to right so the very first ought to be sent: /emailsendattachment @sovera "Emp" 0 11 1 "HAX"

Edit: Alright, we're getting somewhere! I had a lightbulb when I looked at the different tabs and saw how 'Inventions' had 172 but these did not include incarnate materials. I currently have six incarnate salvage materials and one white salvage for testing purposes. The white salvage shows as first in the time window, but, the macro only worked when I used /emailsendattachment @sovera "Emp" 0 11 6 "HAX" which means they are not ordered as we see them in the window. Neither the first, nor the seventh.

So, what happened now is that the macro suddenly worked: /emailsendattachment @sovera "Emp" 0 11 2 "HAX" where previous it did nothing. The empyrean is actually third in line though, after the white salvage and an arcane cantrip common incarnate material.

The macro now works and I have zero clue as to why. The only thing that happened was that I managed to send the white salvage and collected it back.

TL;DR Sell all salvage first for ease of use. If you have (i.e.) 10 salvage left then try the numbers in increments and you'll get there. It's a bit of a hassle but once having figured it (the easiest way is to use the command in the chat and alter, and once satisfied it works then make a macro with it) it's a ton easier to transfer empyreans. In my case I had 56. 56 times clicking on mail, drag one empyrean merit, click on message body and press a random key was worth it this bit of investigation for the future.

• Like 2

Iirc my google-fu found this info from City of Titans:

//Now, emailsendattachment takes SIX (6) arguments:  <string> <string> <integer> <integer> <integer> <string>
/emailsendattachment Global Subject Infl AttachmentType InventoryLocation Message
//AttachmentType values:
2 is Inspirations
10 should be Enhancements but is not enabled.
11 is Salvage.
12 is Recipes.
//

//InventoryLocation
For each type, open the corresponding inventory window and count. Location is the number of the item you want to send, starting from 1, as it currently sits in the sort order.
//

Maybe sorting salvage by rarity will help? 

My other comment is that I've now added this to my "setup" custom menu. This lets me quickly create the macro for all new and existing toons by simply adding this line to my .mnu file:

Option "Load Money Macro"		"macro $Money emailsendattachment "@MyGlobal" "20 Mil" "20000000" "0" "0" "Cash from $name.""

If anyone knows how to make it work for @globals with names with 2 spaces, that would be really great.

On 5/28/2020 at 2:36 PM, r0y said:

I was bored tonight and was thinking:  sure wish we had account-wide bank and salvage/inf storage (beyond a personal SG with bins, etc).

So I thought, well, why not have a macro that will move cash to one's @<global> and I came up with this:

/macro $ "emailsendattachment @r0y Cash-Dump 20000000 0 0 "Cash from $name."

Now, emailsendattachment takes SIX (6) arguments:  <string> <string> <integer> <integer> <integer> <string>

I've heard the other two integers are the placement of the attachment (not sure what or why).  I leave them both 0 (zero).  The above macro will then place (assuming I have it) 20,000,000 (twenty-million) inf in my in-game e-mail box to my global name.  Handy.

So just before logging out, or whenever, spam the macro a few times.  I copy macros across my characters (via popmenu) so once each alt has it, I can then start storing my influence/infamy/information in my global mail, at least until I hit the limit - but with the frequency and amount of alts I start, that likely won't happen.

Just thought I'd share it, and this sub-forum seemed the likely spot.

You're gonnafeel bad if someone actually does this 😛 

• Haha 1

hmm not working for me....

/macro $ "emailsendattachment @Captain Amazing Cash-Dump 1000000 0 0 "Cash from $name."

ZERO MERIDIAN (AFFILIATED WITH THE HOUNDS OF L❤️VE) REUNION SERVE

ZM WATCHTOWER, Geosynchronous Low-Earth Orbit, Lat 51.476852 Long -0.000500,

enterbasefrompasscode ZEROMERIDIAN-1121 

ZM Watchtower is for all heroes at all times, all we ask is that you set your visual scale  /vis_scale 10

2 hours ago, CaptainAmazing said:

hmm not working for me....

/macro $ "emailsendattachment @Captain Amazing Cash-Dump 1000000 0 0 "Cash from $name."

Probably need to put your name in quotes (because of space):

/macro $ "emailsendattachment "@Captain Amazing" Cash-Dump 1000000 0 0 "Cash from $name."

See if that's it.

Thank you so much for looking at this for me, really appreciate it!

its having an effect now but it returns - 

Emails with an attachment may only go to a single recipient.

ZM Watchtower is for all heroes at all times, all we ask is that you set your visual scale  /vis_scale 10

maybe im borked because i have a space?

Ok this is genius!  I have a bind to in select powers that also does the /e tantrum emote....which also now sends 25m to myself in email..hell r0y I may just send you a thank you gift for saving me so much time!

• Haha 1

ive tried removing the space and leaving in the quotes, ive also tried replacing the space with a . or a $....

49 minutes ago, CaptainAmazing said:

ive tried removing the space and leaving in the quotes, ive also tried replacing the space with a . or a $....

Try an underscore.

Tried it but no joy.

One interesting thing is that if i spam it (even though it doesn't quite work) it does tell me to wait while the queue is handled suggesting that the name is the problem.

I wonder if I need to change my global name to something without a space...only worry is will that auto filter to anyone who's global friended me?

...and of course, thank you for the continued assistance with this!!

I believe changing your global name does filter to your friend list.  

A work around for you could be to send yourself 1 email and then open that and hit reply...put in the amount you wanna send and hit send.  I have found that doing this repeatedly remembers the amount so you just have to hit reply send reply send over and over again.  

Good luck and dont accidentally send the cash to a different account that is someone who won't return it to you!

• Like 1

changing my global handle to not have a space has fixed it!

now works!

thank you very much indeed 🙂

• Like 2

I ran across the nested quote thing in /macro and /bind, but I just used quotes within quotes, if I recall correctly.  Guess the email system may handle things differently.

4 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

Is there a way to randomize the name you send influence to? I think it'd be fun to send a random person a million influence every time I use a nuke on my Blaster or Shield Charge on my Scrapper.

Maybe if you change the @global to $target? I dunno if it'll send email to character names.  Would be super fun though!

• Like 1

Another one I like to use is e-mailing myself wakies, so I have them wherever and on all my toons.  Store them in the email, etc.

/macro Z "emailsendattachment @r0y Wakkey 0 2 0 "from $name""

What I do is buy a bunch of cheap T3 "Restoration" inspirations (usually under 10K, patience here), then fill column 1 (the "F1" column) with four, spam the macro 4 times, move four more, repeat.  I could have five (5) different macros and do the whole tray, but I move like 4-8 at a time.  Don't need them *that* often!

(Note the nested quote... it works for /macro and /bind)

12 hours ago, EmmySky said:

Maybe if you change the @global to $target? I dunno if it'll send email to character names.  Would be super fun though!

Ok tried this and get 'Email with attachment can only be sent to global names.' Since I was going for drive-by gifting and not stand around ascertaining global name gifting this won't work 😞

• Sad 1

On 5/28/2020 at 2:11 AM, Bopper said:

I look forward to all the people who will copy and paste your macro as is and send you 20M influence. You're a genius. 🤣

I'm sooo sending @roy 20 inf a few times in a row 😛

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1