Remove Personal Force Field from Fake Nemesis

4 hours ago, Sakura Tenshi said:

interestingly, even that's not that big of a whole form what I observed as any AoE attack is going to by flagged as "ranged" or "melee" still, so like with s/l softcapped blasters, unless you have (presumably) locational AoEs like burn, rain of arrows, etc. it will still check against the Melee or Ranged portion and be negated than the missing AoE.

Confirmed by a Dev, AoE is not also tagged ranged. There were a few powers that had multiple tags, erroneously, though most were not.

13 hours ago, Sakura Tenshi said:

interestingly, even that's not that big of a whole form what I observed as any AoE attack is going to by flagged as "ranged" or "melee" still, so like with s/l softcapped blasters, unless you have (presumably) locational AoEs like burn, rain of arrows, etc. it will still check against the Melee or Ranged portion and be negated than the missing AoE.

I stand corrected after refreshing my knowledge, all Melee checks melee def, that includes melee cones and pbaoe. Only range single targets check Ranged. And all others are AoE, assuming not auto-hit, including patches, ranged cones, etc, use AoE.

Edited by Snowdaze
  • Like 1

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!

1 hour ago, Snowdaze said:

I stand corrected after refreshing my knowledge, all Melee checks melee def, that includes melee cones and pbaoe. Only range single targets check Ranged. And all others are AoE, assuming not auto-hit, including patches, ranged cones, etc, use AoE.

Now, does AoE defense help vs melee AoEs? Or does only melee defense help?

28 minutes ago, Galaxy Brain said:

Now, does AoE defense help vs melee AoEs? Or does only melee defense help?

I believe PBAoE is a zero range AoE, with a radius, not Melee AoE.

AoE are not tagged with melee or ranged also, they're just AoE. There were a few powers double tagged by mistake.

To be clear, a power's actual function is distinct from its tag vs defense.

Edited by SwitchFade

So, sort of getting back on topic, Personal force field aside, I'd like it if Fake Nemesis (or at least Nemesis AVs/EBs and GMs) had more attacks. I think the overall animations exist for some of my ideas.

>Nemesis Staff Slam: basically a downward strike version of the melee attack, like how that uses stone melee's stone mallet, this would use heavy mallet's downward swing animation

>Nemesis Staff Bolts: Nemesis raises his staff with one hand towards the sky, the gears spark and begin shooting bolts of lightning at targets as a PBAoE, the animation is used by CoL members I believe.

>Nemesis Force Stomp: Basically foot stomp, except instead of the normal shockwave it releases a forcefield barrier 'repelling' enemies away.

Edit: on some reflection, I notice nemesis mobs in general have very limited attacks leaving them with long gaps in between. Combined with most of said attacks being AoEs, I do wonder if it was a deliberate choice to limit Nemesis' offensive abilities due to stacking vengeance.

Edited by Sakura Tenshi

On 5/28/2020 at 3:54 PM, 0th Power said:

I disagree. I actually like this and the MoG on the paragon protectors. If you focus on the boss with a mez or burst damage at the tight time they become no problem. Spam aoe and you’re looking at the frustration factor.  A little bit of strategy in this otherwise easy game. 

This right here. I personally think they were designed so that players focus holds and stuns at just the right timing. If you do not time it right, guess what...sit and wait. Even solo I can time it right, so not sure why doing it on teams should be any more difficult. I personally would like to see them stay just as they are.

P.S. Sorry if this has already been covered and beaten to death, I was too lazy to read three pages of text.  😞

WHAT!?! You mean we it's not just blastskewersteamroll the entire game? There occasionally are some tactics that could be used? AND those tactics are simply optional? NO WAY..

craziness

Edited by Troo
  • Haha 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum