July 2020 Donations & Finances

Cipher

• City Council

Hello everyone!

Over the past few weeks, we were able to configure, test, and put into production the hardware infrastructure changes outlined in last month’s finances post (and further detailed in this breakdown from Telephone). As a result, our monthly operating costs will be reduced by roughly $138.95 starting next month.

June 2020 Breakdown

Last month we accepted $6,692.37 in donations - $178.50 over our target for the month.

The PayPal account statement for June (below) lists a number of $3.00 and $12.00 charges from OVH - these were small orders placed for additional IP addresses for the new hardware infrastructure and will be included with our invoices from OVH going forward.

Additionally, we set up a Twilio account and purchased one programmable number to receive and route SMS messages for Homecoming accounts to the administration team to streamline usage of certain accounts. The cost to set up the account with an initial balance was $20.00 (as this is the minimum charge amount), from which the service will charge us based on usage. The cost for this will be $1.00 per month plus $0.0075 per message received, and the balance will automatically be recharged in $20.00 intervals each time it falls below $5.00.

Finally, there is a $1.00 hold from Amazon Web Services. We are exploring alternatives (including AWS) for outbound emails as the forums have been having issues with the service that we currently use.

Overall, here is the breakdown of what June’s funds went towards:

• $4,820.39 to OVH for our hosting
    • + $1,364.94 in one-off expenses for the hardware infrastructure changes
  • $131.59 to our primary law firm for services rendered
    • $137.00 in total transferred to our Transferwise account to cover wiring fees
  • $120.75 for our Google G-Suite Business account
  • $40.00 for our 1&1 IONOS domain & outbound email service
    • The $10.00 domain renewal got added to June’s invoice.
    • This was charged to our bank account (rather than our PayPal account) in June and is shown in our PayPal history as the most recent withdrawal to the bank account.
  • $25.00 for the Paperspace Air instance
  • $20.00 to set up our Twilio account with an initial balance
  • $10.00 for our Atlassian Jira Cloud instance (10-user)
  • $9.73 for the security / administration software
  • $5.00 for the DigitalOcean droplet we used to test experimental network changes

image.thumb.png.3556f859bbedb1fc703805f27d275546.png

July 2020

The expenses for July may be up to $485 lower than expected. This is due to the way that OVH bills new services in the month after they are added; and unfortunately, we aren’t informed of exactly where the cost will land until each invoice is produced. Any amount left over at the end of July will be put towards the donation target for August.

We do not foresee any additional expenses in July and we still have $91.87 from June’s donation target which will be put towards the expenses for July.

In total, the donation target for July 2020 is $4,803.05. Here is a breakdown of how the funds are allocated:

• $4,693.44 for our hardware infrastructure from OVH
  • $120.75 for our Google G-Suite services
  • $30.00 for outbound email and domain servers from 1&1 IONOS
  • $25.00 for our Air instance from Paperspace
  • $10.00 for our Atlassian Jira (Cloud) service
  • $9.73 for security / administration software
  • $5.00 for the minimal DigitalOcean droplet (to be removed in July)
  • $1.00 for our Twilio programmable number

Our donation goal has been met and donations have been closed. Thank you for your support!

Our donation system will be open as of the time of this post with a donation target of $4,803.05 and will automatically close once that target is met.

As always, thank you for all of the support!

- The Homecoming Team

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• Retired Game Master

Wow!  I was out for a little over an hour, and it was started, and over before I got home.  I missed this month, but I'll be watching next month!  Thanks everyone!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Kendalls said:

I consider that a real testament to the love for this game.

That and people who genuinely seem to be disappointed and/or annoyed that they can't throw money at the game for at least a month.

Anyone recall what the record is for filling the donation target for a month? 40 minutes feels like rare form even for us.

Edited by archgemini24
  • Like 1

Mostly on Torchbearer, but if you ever see me on, feel free to say hello!

Astral.Kai - Peacebringer; Dark.Enforcer - Dark/Shield Scrapper; Spark.Enforcer - Electrical/Shield Scrapper; Shadow.Reign - Dark/Regen Brute;

Glitter - Warshade;

And others to be added as I get them up to snuff, lol!

I don't know if that's a record, or not.  But, it was pretty darned fast!  Looks like I didn't get to contribute this month, but I'll make sure to be right next to my computer on July 25, when the next window opens!

What was no more, is REBORN!

1 hour ago, Patti said:

Done already?  40minutes?

just long enough to run a couple errands and miss out!  looking forward to August! 

THANK YOU EVERYONE BOTH CONTRIBUTORS AND FUTURE CONTRIBUTORS!

Edited by duane

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

Grrr, one time I stop by a local grocery store for dinner supplies before returning home, and I miss the donations window......

Did you guys open the donations one hour earlier, this month, hmmm??? :classic_dry:

Either way, a big thanks to those who beat me up to it this time! Will be stalking you for the next donations window...

And as usual, keep up the good work, guys!

See you in-game.

50 minutes ago, starcutter said:

Nuts!  New member and was looking for this :(.  Looks like I'll have to wait till the August donation window opens :). 

See you guys in-game

It will be Saturday, July 25. 

What was no more, is REBORN!

• Cipher unpinned and unfeatured this topic