Wiki help request thread

I don't want to speak for other editors of the unofficial Homecoming wiki, but one issue that I occasionally encounter is that I find a page that needs editing but I don't have all the information needed to fully update said page, and/or the process of gathering all the information myself from within the game is labor intensive.

I thought it might be worthwhile to create a thread where wiki editors can post specific requests detailing the information they need, and players can fill the requests by replying with screenshots or other means, as appropriate. This way, the wiki editors have easier access to the information they need to update the wiki. It also provides opportunities for the playerbase to contribute to the wiki, particularly for those that might otherwise be reluctant to edit the wiki themselves.

I would prefer that the posts in this thread be limited to either wiki editors requesting information, or replies to those requests for information. There is a general unofficial Homecoming wiki thread for questions/comments about the wiki and for noting specific pages that may need updating. Thanks in advance for helping update the unofficial Homecoming wiki!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Background: In the process of updating the hero merit rewards page with GM Kal's updated data, I noticed that a few of the rewards did not change for Homecoming. One in particular I knew had actually changed, as I had recently run it, so for those that did not change I have been double-checking them in-game as best I can. Most of the ones I have checked have actually changed for Homecoming, but I could use some help with the arcs below.

Request: Screenshots of the merit reward amounts awarded for these specific hero missions/story arcs (missions with strikethrough text have been confirmed since the initial post):

EDIT: Request Complete! Thanks to all who contributed!

Levels 10-15:
The Peace Slayers
An Absence of Shadows

Levels 30-34:
Stop the Pact
Defend the War Walls

Levels 35-39:
The Arrival of the Oranbegans
They Call Me the Doctor

Levels 46-50:
Upon the Psychic Plane
Project: World Wide Red
To Save a Thousand Worlds

Here's an example of the kind of screenshot I need. It shows the merit reward amount as well as any end-of-mission text for verification.

merit_rewards.jpg

Edited by AboveTheChemist
request completed

Background: I'd like to add a screenshot to the page for the Tried and True badge showing the badge location, but I've only been able to visit the first location for the badge (in open-world City Hall). This badge requires visiting the Omega Team memorial during the cape mission as well as during the Dr. Kahn task force, but I'm not sure if the badge marker is in the same location.

Request: Verification of the badge marker location for the Tried and True badge (shown in the attached screenshot) for the cape mission and Dr. Kahn task force locations. If the marker is in a different location in either of those instances, please provide a screenshot if possible of the location.

EDIT: Request Complete! Thanks Aberrant!

badge_loc_final.jpg

request completed

5 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Background: I'd like to add a screenshot to the page for the Tried and True badge showing the badge location, but I've only been able to visit the first location for the badge (in open-world City Hall). This badge requires visiting the Omega Team memorial during the cape mission as well as during the Dr. Kahn task force, but I'm not sure if the badge marker is in the same location.

Request: Verification of the badge marker location for the Tried and True badge (shown in the attached screenshot) for the cape mission and Dr. Kahn task force locations. If the marker is in a different location in either of those instances, please provide a screenshot if possible of the location.

Dang, I was testing these a couple days ago and didn't think to take screenshots >_< Will try and get on that.

Edit: @AboveTheChemist Can confirm these are in exactly the same location as each other, provided screenshots in case you think the page needs them anyway.

Cape Mission: coords: 1520.0 -813.5 -2688.0

CapeMission.thumb.jpg.f02e574ab7faa8d99ab86b05e1b1d7c4.jpg

Dr. Kahn TF: coords: 1520.0 -813.5 -2688.0

DrKahnTF.thumb.jpg.98967ab0b423e55146f7a0f0ea0ce618.jpg

Edited by Aberrant
Added screenshots
  • Thanks 1

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

• 2 weeks later

Quick reminder bump that I am still in need of some help verifying the merit rewards of a few story arcs (listed in the quote below). See my second post in this thread for more details. Thanks!

On 7/5/2020 at 8:18 AM, AboveTheChemist said:

Request: Screenshots of the merit reward amounts awarded for these specific hero missions/story arcs:

Levels 46-50:
Upon the Psychic Plane

updated the list to remove submitted arcs

Think I have a lowbie PB for the first two. WIll try to remember.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Thanks a ton, these submissions have been updated on the wiki. Only two arcs left on the list to be verified!

• 2 weeks later
2 hours ago, Frostbiter said:

To Save A Thousand Worlds

Wiki updated, thanks!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, EmmySky said:

Upon The Psychic Plane

Wiki updated, thank you!

• Like 1

Bump, for Visibility...

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

1 hour ago, Marine X said:

Bump, for Visibility...

... but everything asked for was completed. Unless you have soemthing that needs confirming for updating?

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

• 1 month later

I have a few requests for info/help with some enhancement-related issues, as I am working to update enhancement info on the wiki. I've posted a couple of these in the HC wiki club forum but thought I would include them here as well.

Request 1 (fulfilled) : Is there a way to see the exact percentage proc chance on proc enhancements?

Many of the existing proc enhancements I have looked at don't list the exact proc percentage in the in-game description, but do list the percentage on the wiki.

EDIT: I stumbled across some info that I think clears this up. I wasn't around at the end of the game, but it looks like Issue 24 would have scrapped proc percentages in favor of the proc-per-minute (PPM) system, which is what has been implemented on Homecoming. So, I think the percentages I am seeing are the vestiges of that old system, and they should be removed and replaced with the updated PPM numbers for the procs.

Request 2 (fulfilled) : Is there a way to see the exact enhancement set bonus values?

This is a similar request to the one above, and I've posted a more detailed explanation in the HC Wiki club.

EDIT: I've been provided the answers I needed to fulfill this request (thanks Aberrant!)

Request 3 (fulfilled) Is there a way to determine recipe drop pool?

For newer enhancements (like Bombardment) I've just assumed that the recipes are Pool A drops, but I don't know how to verify that, aside from being lucky enough to have them drop in-game and parsing my logs for the info. That's not an efficient approach, though, and I wondered if there was an easier way to get at the info.

EDIT: I was provided some of the information I needed, and was able to locate the remainder of the information I needed

Thanks for reading, and for any help you might be able to provide!

found out new info on procs, request 2 fulfilled, remaining requests fulfilled
  • Like 1

I've made an important edit to my first request in the previous post, and I would like to add one more:

Request 4 (fulfilled) : Some enhancements (mainly procs, I think), like Kinetic Combat: Chance for Knockdown, have different effects listed for the crafted version and the store-bought version. From what I gather (as I was not playing CoH at the time), the store-bought enhancements were bought on the Paragon Market, which no longer exists on Homecoming. If someone could please confirm that I will update the effects text to remove the reference to the crafted/store-bought versions, and to simply list the current effects.

EDIT: I confirmed this information (more or less) myself

Thanks!

fulfilled