Unofficial Homecoming Wiki

Michiyo

• City Council

Hello All!  A handful of people over on Discord were talking about a lack of an updated Wiki for Homecoming, I've cloned Paragon Wiki to https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Main_Page and encourage folks to update it with current information for Homecoming.  There have been a small handful of updates so far but there is lots of work to be done. So create an account and go nuts!

As a note, I've removed ALL User: pages from the import of PWiki to remove any user information that people may not want copied, feel free to bring your User: page over from PWiki if you would like.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 22

• City Council

I was informed that I seem to have missed the non standard namespaces, so stuff like Missions:, Recipes: and others are missing.  I'm pulling another export and will import those pages ASAP.

EDIT: Imported ~1300 Mission: pages, currently running a index rebuild which looks like it's going to take about 4 - 6 hours for the current 49,000 pages

Edited by Mimiru
  • Thanks 1

Thanks very much @Mimiru! I'll try and add some bits, already edited the page and added an image for Tielekku since she appears in Dark Astoria.

Bug to report if you aren't already aware: Hidden sections like npc dialogue and conditional contact dialogue (seen here) are not displaying a show/hide button correctly, so can only be read by viewing the page source. 

Edited by Aberrant

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

• City Council
5 minutes ago, Aberrant said:

Thanks very much @Mimiru! I'll try and add some bits, already edited the page and added an image for Tielekku since she appears in Dark Astoria.

Bug to report if you aren't already aware: Hidden sections like npc dialogue and conditional contact dialogue (seen here) are not displaying a show/hide button correctly, so can only be read by viewing the page source. 

This is likely tied to the Paragon Wiki theme which I've yet to find all the JS/CSS bits to.  I'll work on this though.

• City Council

The hidden content should now be fixed, you may need to force a cache clear in your browser:

Firefox / Safari: Hold Shift while clicking Reload, or press either Ctrl-F5 or Ctrl-R (⌘-R on a Mac)
Google Chrome: Press Ctrl-Shift-R (⌘-Shift-R on a Mac)
Internet Explorer: Hold Ctrl while clicking Refresh, or press Ctrl-F5
Opera: Go to Menu → Settings (Opera → Preferences on a Mac) and then to Privacy & security → Clear browsing data → Cached images and files.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What about Netscape?

(sorry, kidding.)

But in all seriousness:  Thank you for tackling this!  It's been a long time coming.  You're doing quite the service for all of us.

Extra HUGE thanks for not making it a "fandom" website.  Like . . . seriously, I can not express how important it is that you've got some other hosting set up.  So, thank you for that too, Mimiru!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just yesterday I started working on an offline, updated version of the Enhancement Sets page. There are a LOT of minor errors in the original wiki version, plus the newer IO sets are missing. I have not updated anything on the unofficial wiki page yet but I'll create an account and start incorporating my offline edits into the unofficial page as soon as I can.

• Thanks 3

On 5/9/2020 at 6:00 PM, AboveTheChemist said:

Just yesterday I started working on an offline, updated version of the Enhancement Sets page. There are a LOT of minor errors in the original wiki version, plus the newer IO sets are missing. I have not updated anything on the unofficial wiki page yet but I'll create an account and start incorporating my offline edits into the unofficial page as soon as I can.

In my offline version (which I'll be abandoning) I've checked/updated all the damage sets (up to and including Universal Damage), so I added my updates to the Melee Damage section of the unofficial wiki as a test and to try and get the hang of wiki editing, which I've never done before. I think I got the hang of it so I'll incorporate the rest of my edits to the remaining damage sets as soon as I can, then I'll start working my way down the page. I anticipate this may take at least a week or two to work my way through the entire table.

For reference, I've been using the enhancement set information as displayed via the auction house in-game. I just take a screenshot of each set's data then work from that.  I've attached an example of what I use.

I do have a question about images though. The Winter IO's have the wrong icon image, and I'll need to add icon images for all the new enhancement sets. How exactly do I go about adding an image to the site? I tried the 'Embedded File' tool on the edit toolbar but it wasn't immediately obvious how I could add one of my images to the site that way.

enh_set_data_example.jpg

Edited by AboveTheChemist
cropped the giant image to something more reasonable

@AboveTheChemist On the left hand side of the page there is an option to upload a file. Then on the page you want to display the image you would write [[File:Filename.jpg]] if you just want to display the full image or with any of these other options [[File:Filename.jpg|200px|thumb|left|alt text]] depending if you want it a certain size, or a thumbnail or left/right aligned or with a caption. 

Edited by Aberrant
  • Thanks 1

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

I've finished updating the Enhancement Sets page. Check out the discussion page (down at the bottom) for that page if you want to know specifics.

• Thanks 5

5 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I've finished updating the Enhancement Sets page. Check out the discussion page (down at the bottom) for that page if you want to know specifics.

Nicely done, that’s really good! I love being able to see all the sets in one place and compare, very visual! 😃 In a way this helps me compare sets better than Mids!

Im not 100% sure about the colours of the set bonuses though, in my mind I think I see it as more useful to colour by type (red for + damage, purple for defence, etc) rather than whether it’s tiny, medium, large or ultimate. Just a thought. 😊 Great work!

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

3 hours ago, Peacemoon said:

Im not 100% sure about the colours of the set bonuses though, in my mind I think I see it as more useful to colour by type (red for + damage, purple for defence, etc) rather than whether it’s tiny, medium, large or ultimate. Just a thought.

Most of that page was already in place from the original Paragon Wiki. I just went through it with a fine toothed comb to update erroneous or missing data. I stuck with the color scheme for the set bonuses that was already in place and have no plans to change it.

40 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Most of that page was already in place from the original Paragon Wiki. I just went through it with a fine toothed comb to update erroneous or missing data. I stuck with the color scheme for the set bonuses that was already in place and have no plans to change it.

Fair enough!

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone