Ever have a moment where you just went "DAMMMNNN"?

JnEricsonx

So, I'm running my Nin/Nin stalker, pop my Build Up that has the full Gaussian set so I'm going to get even more of a damage boost, and I AS a 54 Death Mage.  Who proceeds to vanish from the universe.  For a second, I see the damage amount and I go, that can't be right.   Apparently between the main damage and the AS extra damage, I hit this boss for almost 1300 damage.   I don't know if that's the standard, or I've really just been oblivious.

Yeah, those 1.4k crits just do NOT get old.

I still cackle every time the team is working on an AV, or a monster, or a Pylon, and they're pushing out consistent damage that's moving the health bar down smoothly, and then I go Build Up -> Crushing Uppercut and take a noticeable CHUNK out of the health bar.

Or running in an iTrial like Dilemma Diabolique where the league gets split into teams for the simultaneous killing of the Spines, and your team brings your Spine down to 10% twice as fast as the next one, and then you spend 20 seconds love tapping it with your T1 waiting for the rest of the league to catch up.

In a game that's mostly dictated by AoE'ing things down hard and fast, there's nothing that's really as satisfying to me as bringing a Stalker to the table, finding the biggest, dumbest, toughest thing on the map, and saying you're mine.

• Like 8

I was on an ITF once on my Street Justice stalker when half my team was debuffers and I was chewing down reds to cap my damage.  I AS'd Romi for near 4.5k damage, kept seeing large chunks of his health going everytime I loaded up an attack.  Afterwards I went back through the combat logs and copied that gem into my bio, nasty lil beasts stalkers are.  

• Like 5

DB/EA...

DPS is so high that...

In mission at 54, team took on diabolique, so I wondered off to Infernal. Took him down alone while they worked on D, then I went over and helped. No temps, no lore, no envenomed daggers.

Same team, move on... Fighting Olympian... Team was trying to clear the room... I walked off and set in on Olympian alone. Had him down to half health by the time they got to me. No temps, no lore, no daggers...

Just a few days ago... I see the message Lusca spawned in IP... I went and found the big Octo, I was all alone. Sucks to be lusca. I posted in general and lfg "I will now solo Lusca. More Takoyaki for me!" Took out 2 tentacles alone before someone msgd me, "not if I can help it!" And was joined by a mastermind and a controller. The 2.5 of us (because really, a mastermind vs lusca?) Smashed lusca, including the head. No temps, no lore, yadda yadda.

Yeah. StalkerLife forever.

• Like 6

• 2 months later
On 7/21/2020 at 1:09 AM, Crater Kate said:

Yeah, those 1.4k crits just do NOT get old.

I still cackle every time the team is working on an AV, or a monster, or a Pylon, and they're pushing out consistent damage that's moving the health bar down smoothly, and then I go Build Up -> Crushing Uppercut and take a noticeable CHUNK out of the health bar.

Or running in an iTrial like Dilemma Diabolique where the league gets split into teams for the simultaneous killing of the Spines, and your team brings your Spine down to 10% twice as fast as the next one, and then you spend 20 seconds love tapping it with your T1 waiting for the rest of the league to catch up.

In a game that's mostly dictated by AoE'ing things down hard and fast, there's nothing that's really as satisfying to me as bringing a Stalker to the table, finding the biggest, dumbest, toughest thing on the map, and saying you're mine.

What is the best way to get the absolute most out of AS? Do I slot the ATO set in AS and then the buid up proc in build up?

On 7/21/2020 at 2:09 AM, Crater Kate said:

Or go electric melee and do both! 😉

Though this thread does bring up that I should slot up the Guassian's proc in Build Up and make Nightlight even more sparkly...

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit

On 9/29/2020 at 7:34 PM, arkieboy72472 said:

What is the best way to get the absolute most out of AS? Do I slot the ATO set in AS and then the buid up proc in build up?

Conventional wisdom (ignoring potential set bonuses for these points) is:

• The Assassin's Mark %Build Up proc should be in the build, but can go anywhere
  • The Stalker's Guile %Hide proc should go in AS; putting it anywhere else risks making the AS attack into slow mode

Opinions vary on how deep to go into Build Up slotting, I have two general approaches:

1.  I like all the 6-slot set bonuses from Gaussian's Synchronized Fire Control. 6-slotting Build Up with this set can have it available quite frequently (30 sec or less) and still have an incredibly reliable chance for extra %Build Up from the proc.
  2. If I can't spare the slots  I'll try for just two slots: the %Build Up and a (boosted) Recharge IO.

Note that for my damage-dealing ATs, I prefer to have the %Build Up proc under my control rather than adding to a team (leadership)  toggle.

• 3 months later

Not a huge number story but some interesting tactics:
Back on live a buddy and I made stalkers as our first villain characters. I went claws he went ninja blade. We developed a tactic where we would run at an enemy from opposite sides, jump over them and activate Focus or Soaring Dragon on alternating passes. We called it "Jousting" and we made many a boss flop around helplessly as we poked them.
Efficiency: Medium
Risk: Low
Fun factor: High

• Haha 2

Playing my max recharge barely softcapped elec/shield never gets old. Hit a double build up going into Lightning rod -> Shield charge and the two attacks hit for over 600 each. I wiped all but a pair of purple bosses from the world in a couple of seconds, the fire blaster trailing me into the mobs only killed the two bosses I left at 1/4 health. He didn't think a stalker could put out blaster levels of AoE so I ran ahead of him the whole map clearing mobs. His nuke was on a 35 second recharge, my double nuke only 25 seconds, so I beat him to aoeing every mob group. 

Finished an ITF kill most in 41 minutes. 

• 2 weeks later

CU_crit.png.84788229e8c952bcc2b2ae35947105c1.png

One of our fast Tinpex Runs. 2159,38 damage is nice. The other Stalker had a Greater Psi Blade crit with over 2k damge at the same time. Bobcat just droped dead from ~40% hp to 0 instant. Everyone on discord asked if we exploited sonething and if we could repeat it. It just turned out that the Stalkers crit at the same time. One of the best memories.

• Like 1

Nothing to see here beyond Nostalgia

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I play a LOT of scrappers.

But my DB/Energy Aura stalker scrapping it out with just north of Blaster level Health makes me constantly feel like I’m exploiting something.

Dayyyyyyuuuuuuummmmmm!

Edited by Crysis