Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

26 minutes ago, TrixieKixx said:

Just make it one hour earlier than what you had. I think that should correct it. I just looked at it and it allows you to choose the time zone you schedule. If you do 12:00 pm America/Eastern Standard Time, it will set properly.

That's what I have it at, 12pm Eastern. That's why I am so confused about the time it is showing... 

I will just set it back 1h and see what it comes out at.

• Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

29 minutes ago, Bananiac said:

That's what I have it at, 12pm Eastern. That's why I am so confused about the time it is showing... 

I will just set it back 1h and see what it comes out at.

It shows it at the correct time for me now. Very odd.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ice Mistral SF - "Let's Get Chilly!" - ice/cold powers theme

Saturday, 6/12/2021

00-3.JPG.c3c99fca43a0ec9627c99c163aba812f.JPG

00-2.JPG.e626f85ce0b99f5e4c68c6c872367603.JPG

00.JPG.ab75193ea7eda9d0d3bb7a8b22c027d7.JPG

Starring:

01.thumb.JPG.cc505d337038498f7ae22b9eb06cd648.JPG

02.thumb.JPG.e55d743dbaf002e341ec5bd5baac7a99.JPG

03.thumb.JPG.a2387b903d668fc82df1c02e7a8fa339.JPG

04.thumb.JPG.3c869a6982afb7e5647f74155da6fcaf.JPG

05.thumb.JPG.83d5e914c22b2545d87224cbf38c5112.JPG

06.thumb.JPG.7e4652bfba6d376a60e023825d9a7f69.JPG

07.JPG.ab90b7b663e24d5b2fe7b270d9d9d8cc.JPG

08.thumb.JPG.9e984fbbb0de38ea049a778a4f3fb087.JPG

Pre-Game entertainment

09.JPG.1022a524d12acfb0253594fd054e6a3a.JPG

The Theme Team ♥

10.thumb.JPG.18e9c645f57c0fe67e2212ffd6f963fe.JPG

11.thumb.JPG.ab6234787a289014d43d3f5118d83f4b.JPG

There was much chilly goodness to be had today

12.thumb.JPG.49cd8e08864902bf4827ca38ffbd1100.JPG

The only people I'd feel safe jumping into a hole with!

13.thumb.JPG.978e64843022f5e8f17454d504c3cd57.JPG

Lots of level-'sploding today

14.thumb.JPG.5ffde2711061feaeb8efa6b4fa8c8898.JPG

15.thumb.JPG.837e39e8244b35a696739c9df9aa3d6a.JPG

Someone napping on the job during AV fight 😉 

16.thumb.JPG.2c1056115031aebeb981eb3a96b102e5.JPG

17.JPG.5059d87f42ee45bfe119ea035bdb1462.JPG

And of course, the after-party

18.thumb.JPG.22c1d42ffcada552dd80f0059a503d75.JPG

Edited by Midnyte
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

"FREEZE IT ALL." --Cryomania

screenshot_210612-12-05-05a.jpg.d370ba2ebe9fefdb2b3bf72f3ee4cd6a.jpg

Here's our starting lineup!

screenshot_210612-13-14-15a.jpg.648806579f5dc63d2b7c78ac6381ae54.jpg

This set piece really makes the SF.  We went pretty methodically down the ramp, but I've seen other teams jump to the end.  There are plenty of water-bags to freeze either way.

screenshot_210612-13-19-25a.thumb.jpg.3f03ff14fda0ded143f4e04bf54342e2.jpg

So many Succubi...

screenshot_210612-13-22-04a.thumb.jpg.2799d0c22a40ee6b7f6faee839612519.jpg

Archus, going down like an Acolyte.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Omg, that arrow to Rich dead during the AV fight! lol From the looks of my toon's position in that shot, that must be right before I used Fallout and rezzed him, lol.

Edit: Also, I won't be there next week; have fun y'all!

Edited by TygerDarkstorm
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

27 minutes ago, FrauleinMental said:

This set piece really makes the SF.  We went pretty methodically down the ramp, but I've seen other teams jump to the end.  There are plenty of water-bags to freeze either way.

"Water-bags".... LOL, I love your backstory for Cryomania, @FrauleinMental  And yeah, prior to this theme group, I had only ever gone straight to the bottom. That's how Rich and I did it back on live, whether in a group or duoing this SF. I am fine with it either way, but usually I like spending as much time with you peeps as I can. 😄

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Omg, that arrow to Rich dead during the AV fight! lol From the looks of my toon's position in that shot, that must be right before I used Fallout and rezzed him, lol.

Edit: Also, I won't be there next week; have fun y'all!

LOL, it's funny when snapping pics during combat I never know what I'm going to get until I go through them later. Sometimes I get a winner! 😄

We will miss you next week!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Midnyte said:

"Water-bags".... LOL, I love your backstory for Cryomania, @FrauleinMental  And yeah, prior to this theme group, I had only ever gone straight to the bottom. That's how Rich and I did it back on live, whether in a group or duoing this SF. I am fine with it either way, but usually I like spending as much time with you peeps as I can. 😄

Thanks!  I saw the jarhead costume piece and finally found a way to work it.  And, frankly, I'm surprised the name was available!

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

June 5th - The Kheldian War (Moonfire – Blue Side (Striga Isle) – Level 23-28) – All Kheldian Team – bring your Peacebringer or Warshade to participate in the Kheldian War! 

June 12th - The Crystal of Seraphina (Ice Mistral – Red Side (St. Martial) – Level 35-40) - Turn the A/C down and let's get chilly in here! One of your powers must be cold, snow, or ice-related! Costumes to reflect your chilly powers. 

June 19th - Thus Spoke the Reichsman (Barracuda – Red Side (Grandville) – Level 45-50) - Let's dress up as the frail elderly to trick the enemies into thinking we're weak, then kick their behinds!  

June 26th - Terra Volta Respec #1 (Jane Hallaway – Blue Side (Terra Volta) – Level 24-33 AND Tree of Thorns Respec #1 (Sparcetriel – Red Side (Nerva Archipelago) – Level 24-33) – Double Trouble...All Def/Corr team! No duplicate powersets for each trial. Sign up with two different heroes and/or villains!

@TrixieKixx - Tator Tots - Thugs/Time MM...time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping...into the future!

@Midnyte - Moonlight Goddess - Rad/Rad Brute

@FrauleinMental - Fraulein Mental - Mind/Kin Controller

@Jaxman100 - Agent Jinx - Kin/SR Stalker

@Bananiac - Demolishia - SS/Rad Brute (Maybe)

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

June 19th - Thus Spoke the Reichsman (Barracuda – Red Side (Grandville) – Level 45-50) - Let's dress up as the frail elderly to trick the enemies into thinking we're weak, then kick their behinds!  

For Barracuda, I will bring out Midnyte, dark/WP brute. This costume will be a challenge for sure, @TrixieKixx 🥴😵  Getting started on that right now! 😄

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi Team,

That was great fun again! 🙂 Thx again for the pics, @Midnyte & @FrauleinMental 

It remains one of my favorite things to do this every week with you guys!

Now here comes this weeks completely subjective recap of the "Icing on a Cakewalk" Theme Team:

• It was surprisingly colorful for an Icy theme, I fully expected to see all shades of whites, greys and blues. But Trix and Midnyte added some variety 👍
  • You can't dance when swimming in water. But you CAN play the drum! 
  • For a team without any Archers, there was a lot of talk about arrows afterwards 😉 
  • Apologies felt a little half-hearted when so much fun could be had while Confused and just keeping to hit people 🙂 
  • "Icing Water Bags" may become a new Theme Team Meme for handling mobs...

And now, By The Powers of the External Image Host, I am again adding pics from my own collection here!

4QXcSsv.png

ohfTzl4.png

"Dammit Jim!" 😄 We had some photobombers again

axybx26.png

Thanks for the heads up, Jaxx! 

NVCzSfs.png

Whatever the Tsoo were using THIS thing for, I was ready to handle it!

UxvEBep.png

Me, on sentry guard duty at the door, faithfully preventing any further intrusion from outside while you guys were masterfully handling the ambush!

MjE7oqj.png

vde6K1F.png?1

... or... not? 😆

Bonus pic is more like a Bonus Clip this time:

"What's cooler than being cool? Ice Cold!"

See you all next week...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

19 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

Thanks!  I saw the jarhead costume piece and finally found a way to work it.  And, frankly, I'm surprised the name was available!

Good job on that. I like the Jarhead very much and there are some fun things you can do with it, I think! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/13/2021 at 12:19 AM, TrixieKixx said:

June 26th - Terra Volta Respec #1 (Jane Hallaway – Blue Side (Terra Volta) – Level 24-33 AND Tree of Thorns Respec #1 (Sparcetriel – Red Side (Nerva Archipelago) – Level 24-33) – Double Trouble...All Def/Corr team! No duplicate powersets for each trial. Sign up with two different heroes and/or villains!

@TrixieKixx - Tator Tots - Thugs/Time MM...time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping...into the future!

@Midnyte - Midnyte - Dark/WP Brute

@FrauleinMental - Fraulein Mental - Mind/Kin Controller

@Jaxman100 - Agent Jinx - Kin/SR Stalker

Hi @TrixieKixx, I will be conditional this saturday. If I manage to be there, it will be only for an hour before I need to move on. Don't know if that will be enough for Reichsmann, but I will just drop out when the clock runs out and we are not done yet...

Put me down with Demolishia  (SS/Rad Brute). 

This Theme was a challenge, but I think I have found something that would work. Still looking forward!

• Thumbs Up 1

@Bananiac I read that some teams can do it in 40-60 minutes if they stealth it. I know we have a stalker on the team; however, not sure if Jax has TP. The last battle is the hardest one and apparently we need an MM (which I signed up with) and / or a Defender for the final battle with Reichsman.  I've also seen this:

In this strike force, each AT gets a temp power from the machine.  Defender/Mastermind get a temp power that stops Reichsman from healing when he hits 50% life.  Scrapper/Stalker get a temp power that makes them immune to the laser doors in the back rooms and allows them to use the glowies there to halt reinforcements.  The other ATs get less important stuff.

Generally in an 8-man team you only need a Defender or a Mastermind to finish the task force, but on a duo run like you're attempting you'd probably want the other person to be a Scrapper or Stalker to stop the reinforcements from overwhelming you.

Stalkers on the team get a temp power Captain Mako Stealth that allows you to pass through the force field barred doors either side of the machine and then when you are inside you can turn off the machinery.

I guess these are some things to think about. I'm really hoping that @TraumaTrain joins us as I know he's led us in this battle before!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, TraumaTrain said:

@TrixieKixx unfortunately, I have plans for this Saturday. Gotta visit mom and dad. 

Well...there was hope 🙂 We'll muddle through somehow! I know someone else on the has to have done this before. I know I've done it twice, but one of the times was a speedy one and I didn't get to see / experience everything happening.

• Like 1