Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

1 hour ago, TrixieKixx said:

5/20 – Lady Grey (Level 45-50; Purple: Rikti War Zone) – Fashion Show - Put together your bizarre interpretation of something that might be seen at a fashion show! Any AT

I'll bring Ashe Flaye - Pain Dom/Beam Defender

• Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

3 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

5/20 – Lady Grey (Level 45-50; Purple: Rikti War Zone) – Fashion Show - Put together your bizarre interpretation of something that might be seen at a fashion show! Any AT

I'll bring Fraulein Mental - Mind/Kin CTRL.  The following week, I'll be out of town for the holiday.

• Thumbs Up 1

Reminder to log in all your characters this month for 19th anniversary badge, Unforgettable.

Also, did they change the way DJ Zero and Snaptooth missions work in the most recent patch? I had a couple characters who were able to get tip drops for valentine deliveries in the 10-repeatable Snaptooth missions, which I've been slowly working on since the event turned off. But now it doesn't seem to be working anymore. (I was able to enter the mission but after defeating the first version of Snaptooth, he did not respawn as a boss. And I cleared the whole map and no tips!)

• Like 1

On 5/13/2023 at 7:19 PM, Midnyte said:

Citadel TF - Music Genre costume theme

All Symphony/Sonic powers

Saturday, 5/13/2023

The actual line-up differed a little from the sign-up sheet

7lDnW0R.jpg

WSghT0W.jpg

Sorry I couldn't make it this week, but it surely looks like you were having fun! Smashing costumes, I must say!

Definitely plan to be there again this saturday, just don't know yet which toon I would like to go...  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

16 hours ago, Midnyte said:

Reminder to log in all your characters this month for 19th anniversary badge, Unforgettable.

Also, did they change the way DJ Zero and Snaptooth missions work in the most recent patch? I had a couple characters who were able to get tip drops for valentine deliveries in the 10-repeatable Snaptooth missions, which I've been slowly working on since the event turned off. But now it doesn't seem to be working anymore. (I was able to enter the mission but after defeating the first version of Snaptooth, he did not respawn as a boss. And I cleared the whole map and no tips!)

Hm, not sure. I can try asking on the gold standard discord when I have a chance.

Also, in true punk fashion, I disrupted all those Symphony controls with my electric ones. 😛

• Like 1

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

3 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Hm, not sure. I can try asking on the gold standard discord when I have a chance.

That would be great, thanks. I logged her out with the mission incomplete, so when I log her back in I'll see if the mission is still active and if I can try doing it again.

3 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Also, in true punk fashion, I disrupted all those Symphony controls with my electric ones. 😛

Haha! Awesome!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Midnyte said:

That would be great, thanks. I logged her out with the mission incomplete, so when I log her back in I'll see if the mission is still active and if I can try doing it again.

I haven't been able to ask yet, lol. I'm gone 12 hours a day for work, so I'm not always on my computer when I do finally get home. I'll pop over right now though and ask 🙂

Edit: Sorry, I can't read, thought you were going to log back in tonight. 😅

Edited by TygerDarkstorm

16 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I haven't been able to ask yet, lol. I'm gone 12 hours a day for work, so I'm not always on my computer when I do finally get home. I'll pop over right now though and ask 🙂

Edit: Sorry, I can't read, thought you were going to log back in tonight. 😅

It appears to still be working. My other character may have just glitched. I tried it today on a different character who was holding onto DJ Zero missions. She was able to get Snaptooth to spawn through all 3 phases like normal, and received 1 valentine tip upon mission completion. I realize the tip drops are supposed to be all throughout the mission, so that part is a little weird, but maybe just chalk it up to "off-season" behavior? LOL. Anyway, to get the valentine tips during off-season, I'll take it if it's only one per mission!

9 hours ago, Midnyte said:

It appears to still be working. My other character may have just glitched. I tried it today on a different character who was holding onto DJ Zero missions. She was able to get Snaptooth to spawn through all 3 phases like normal, and received 1 valentine tip upon mission completion. I realize the tip drops are supposed to be all throughout the mission, so that part is a little weird, but maybe just chalk it up to "off-season" behavior? LOL. Anyway, to get the valentine tips during off-season, I'll take it if it's only one per mission!

Gotcha. Well, it's not supposed to be dropping at all, lol. Here's the response from @Cobalt Arachne (tagging him so you two can figure this out, or start a bug report thread or some such lol):

Am I understanding this as 'Valentines tips were dropping in this mission even not during the Spring Fling event'?

Looking at how their drop table works, it shouldn't be possible for them to drop if the event script is not running
Requires level char> 20 >= Axp inVolume> ! && Bxp inVolume> ! && ABxp inVolume> ! && ShardEvent.Name system> scriptdefs/SpringFlingEvent.scriptdef eq &&

Which basically says you have to be over Level 20, not be in an Incarnate Trial (the involume stuff), and the Spring Fling event needs to be running on the server for that Requires to equal True and be eligible for the potential to get a valentines tip.

So them not dropping from Valentines content when the event isn't running is working as intended (if I'm understanding what you meant)

• Like 1

Thanks for this info. I'm going to blow off work this afternoon (LOL) and log in some other characters who can get the Snaptooth mission. I'll do some more testing. 🙂

Edit: OK, I have more evidence that evidently the event is broken. From the perspective of "not supposed to be dropping Valentine tips during non-event". Because it does drop a Valentine tip during the successful completion of the mission when EB Snaptooth is defeated. It awards the completion rewards (prompt for badge selection) too. I took some screenshots today while I was in the Snaptooth mission, and also when delivering Valentines that tip-dropped today.

Edited by Midnyte

• Thanks 1

I JUST remembered that we have to fight Hami in this Task Force. Hopefully, we have enough holds for those green mitos 🙂 I read that "Tear Gas" may do it. Don't forget to pick up some EoE's prior to the TF! If we don't get enough people for this week, we may need to do a different Task Force. I don't want us to be in a situation like we were the last time where it took too long and people had to leave.

My hubby and I are pouring for our local wine walk and have to leave our house by 11:30 am PDT (we start the TF at 9:00 am PDT), plus I will need time to get ready, so ideally we'll finish within 1.5 hours. Otherwise, I'll have to leave 😞 Fingers crossed it all works out!

• Thumbs Up 1

Lemme find a troller to bring. 🙂

@TrixieKixx I'll bring DarkSpark - Dark/Elec Controller to make sure we have a hold for mitos 🙂

(Sorry, got issued a rename token upon actually logging in lol)

Edited by TygerDarkstorm
fixed name
  • Like 1

Trying to create a look has me coming up with another theme idea if we haven't done it: Anime

• Like 1

Apologies for posting, but I just wanted to share this since I know this theme was throwing some off. 🙂

So this is what I'm doing for my look. Since fashion designers are notoriously eclectic and "high" end fashion shows can be odd, this is my caricature of what I think might come of a designer saying "Well, this season I really wanted to mix the hard with the soft, the feminine with the edgy..." Like, a skirt on a skirt, I can totally see that going down a runway.

spark.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 5/13/2023 at 1:31 PM, TrixieKixx said:

I will bring Stroke of Midnight - Dark/Rad Controller

• Thumbs Up 1

Lady Grey TF - Fashion Show theme - Any AT

Saturday - 5/20/23

A little bit of changes from sign-up list to actual line-up

1SEoGUL.jpg

OI1h1tP.jpg

Potato Dumpling by @TrixieKixx
PIyHMic.jpg

Nox Atrissima by @Burnt Umber
8YXhgIG.jpg

@TygerDarkstorm's original fashion show submission, DarkSpark
rrES673.jpg

@Bananiac's Gaultier-inspired runway look
i3jIQGd.jpg

Bugrimova by <unknown forum name>
BcWzSNm.jpg

@Midnyte created this outfit for Stroke of Midnight, but beware of the itchy fabric on those culottes!
XTn9GuI.jpg

@FrauleinMental daring to be runway-risqué 
RKFpRCu.jpg

Some runway strides
LhVDpOr.jpg

INFaMTd.jpg

sTethUL.jpg

The final line-up
83y2csV.jpg

AyIBEoL.jpg

GZXJIOi.jpg

Stroke of Midnight gives the signal that we're ready to roll
1Emz3h0.jpg

pJ9GCme.jpg

EbKZFK0.jpg

kcIX8in.jpg

5V5EFsV.jpg

3uTMj3y.jpg

aoesEmZ.jpg

Iodxrkp.jpg

IkgBh5P.jpg

rNghnoN.jpg

klQTAsM.jpg

Quick knee ointment and change of outfit
"I don't know about you, Miss Kitty, but I feel so much... yummier"
s5UIdhd.jpg

o7p5GZw.jpg

HgAiqzd.jpg

0UWi2CV.jpg

1u8viRF.jpg

aHXIZK9.jpg

It has always struck me as hilarious to fall out of the mission door as a lifeless corpse
(It's even funnier on urban-style doorsteps)
E7SxnSp.jpg

On to the Rikti invasion that we spawned
Got at least 20 A-bombs (since I got the badge with 5 under my belt)
6RTlAUS.jpg

x7Qr5bv.jpg

CAtjwh4.jpg

Some of us logged on 2nd accounts, Trixie made a league, and we got EBs!
CE0j94T.jpg

TCefcNO.jpg

V4f7Usa.jpg

It's always nice to get the accolade from only one round of an invasion
KMjazHI.jpg

~The End~

Edited by Midnyte
  • Thanks 5

7 hours ago, Bananiac said:

JP Gaulthier

A quick internet search (since the name was alien to me) taught me that a couple of the costumes for the character I brought today might have hewn close to some of his looks oddly enough.  Fun to know!

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

5/6 – Lord Recluse (Level 45-50; Red Side: Grandville) – Soulless - Any power you consider dark, disturbing, or lacking in soul, plus your darkest costume

5/13 – Citadel (Level 25-30; Blue Side: Talos Island) – Musically Inclined - Costume inspired by a genre of music, character of choice must have one of their powers be Sonic or Symphony

5/27 – Manticore (Level 30-35; Blue Side: Brickstown) – Corporate World…dress to impress Hopkins and Countess Crey! Any AT

@TrixieKixx Dark Ambrosia - Illusion Control/DA Controller

@TygerDarkstorm Femme Flametale - Fire/Rad Scrapper

@Burnt Umber Caelum - Storm/Elec Blaster

@Midnyte Forever Midnight - Night Widow

@Jaxman100 Lady Black Ice - Ice Melee/DA Brute

Hey All! Some of us themer's are getting together in person the first Saturday in June. I'm not sure if we'll play that day, as our plans are still up in the air. I'm not going to plan a theme for that day. Look for themes for the rest of June soon!

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TrixieKixx said:

5/27 – Manticore (Level 30-35; Blue Side: Brickstown) – Corporate World…dress to impress Hopkins and Countess Crey! Any AT

@TrixieKixx TBD

Hey All! Some of us themer's are getting together in person the first Saturday in June. I'm not sure if we'll play that day, as our plans are still up in the air. I'm not going to plan a theme for that day. Look for themes for the rest of June soon!

You guys should enjoy your time together; we'll be fine if we skip theme team that week. 🙂

Edit: Also, I'll be bringing Femme Flametale - Fire/Rad Scrapper for Citadel

Edited by TygerDarkstorm
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

Hope y'all have a great time at the meetup!  I'll be out for next weekend (27 May), but how about we do a broad, informal "tourist theme" for the first weekend in June (3 June)?  If you can make it, any AT and costume, just look like a tourist for The Kheldian War (Moonfire TF, Level 23-28), which looks to be the lowest level for the week.  If y'all prefer, I see Market Crash (40+) and Op Renault SF (25-30) as the other WSTs.  Look like you're on vacation, or out of place, or whatever.

Edited by FrauleinMental
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We've only been having about 5ish people consistently sign up lately, and 3 of those 5 will be gone next week. Imo, easier just to take a week off

• Like 1