Thank you to all of you who do create and publish builds

Banni

I love this game. I loved it back in the days, I love it now. But what I never enjoyed was toying with Builds. 

So I want to say thank you to all of you who creates builds and publish them. Thanks to your efforts, I can focus on the parts of the game I enjoy most. 

Edited by Banni
  • Like 11

I'd like to add a special thanks to @Redlynne - almost every time I've looked something up, a wall of text crits me and I get an alarmingly in-depth guide (and I say that as someone who writes guides that are a bit too long). 

Shout out to the grand procmaster @Bopper as well - truly the build-maker's friend. 

Thank you!

Edited by Gulbasaur
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

Ive robbed, modified and used so many builds from this forum. Mostly as levelling builds where I can which makes playing the characters so much fun.

So thank you build-makers, especially the ones who gave me tips and builds for some of my more obscure choices (Ice/Ice scrapper and my Water/Time blaster were especially fun)

Hear hear!  I like the idea of messing about with builds, but it really is just sort of boring to me, too quickly.  I'd rather spend my hour just pewpewpewing.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 8/6/2020 at 9:00 AM, Gulbasaur said:

(and I say that as someone who writes guides that are a bit too long).

A guide is never "too long".

It's always as long as it needs to be.

Not the guide-writer's fault that some have an attention span that'd shame a fruit fly.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

I remember starting over when HC came out after the big brouhaha of Leo's secret server came out. At the time I was very interested in Sentinels and the forums were so brand spanking new they had 1-2 pages, so, of course, no guides. After lots of dithering I was like, welp, I used to do these a decade ago so lets get back to it.

And I was so rusty, god, of course I didn't remember all the tips and tricks and combos. Looking back at my first posted builds I cringe at the clunky way I threw things together 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sovera said:

And I was so rusty, god, of course I didn't remember all the tips and tricks and combos. Looking back at my first posted builds I cringe at the clunky way I threw things together 😄

I feel you on that. My first 50 here on HC is pretty much retired and my marketing character at this point. When I look at her build now, it's just bad or mediocre at best for high end usage. Every once in a while someone will be searching for Elec/SD Scrapper builds and I'll get a message asking me questions or my thoughts. I don't even share that build anymore and instead point them to other much better builds lol.

3 hours ago, Sovera said:

I remember starting over when HC came out after the big brouhaha of Leo's secret server came out. At the time I was very interested in Sentinels and the forums were so brand spanking new they had 1-2 pages, so, of course, no guides. After lots of dithering I was like, welp, I used to do these a decade ago so lets get back to it.

Hey, you gotta be bad at something to get good at it.

On 8/11/2020 at 6:19 AM, Hyperstrike said:

A guide is never "too long".

It's always as long as it needs to be.

Not the guide-writer's fault that some have an attention span that'd shame a fruit fly.

But the pewpewpew!  If I have to read several pages about how to use Force Field then I'll never get around to playing the game!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

37 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

But the pewpewpew!  If I have to read several pages about how to use Force Field then I'll never get around to playing the game!

Learn to read...FASTER!!!

9 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

Learn to read...FASTER!!!

I gots an itchy trigger finger!  I scrapperlock when I'm peeling an onion!  Gotta go faaaaast!!

Go have fun!

On 8/6/2020 at 3:13 AM, Banni said:

I love this game. I loved it back in the days, I love it now. But what I never enjoyed was toying with Builds. 

So I want to say thank you to all of you who creates builds and publish them. Thanks to your efforts, I can focus on the parts of the game I enjoy most. 

This...so many times I have used builds and read guides and advice.  These people who provide this information and answer some of my stupid questions are what make this fun game even better. 

So....a well deserved thanks to all posters who have provided here on HC and on Live all those years ago.

Water Damage - Water/Ice Blaster

Atom Bum -  Rad/Fire Brute
Abyssal - Titan Weapon/Bio Scrapper
Razer's Edge - Katana/Bio Brute