CoH Modder

@The Philotic Knight Okay, I have updated the Mod Tool (I see there is a version update to v1.6) and this is the new error that prevents it from populating the Mods. Hope this is helpful to you.

Knight2.jpg

Edited by Solarverse

Sorry @Solarverse my actual paying job got busy. I just uploaded version 1.61 just now, that should have a "self heal" functionality to prevent this going forward in the file database. Please download and try this newest version and let me know if you have any further issues. It's worked for me.

I'm out.

On 9/30/2020 at 1:34 AM, Ah_Ftagn said:

Adding a file via the "Browse for mod to install" option caused all uninstalled local mods to become "System.Data.DataRowView". CLicking on these causes an unhandled exception, and they cannot be removed.

I do not think the mod in question was set up to be installed via this tool, but if there isn't some special process to do that then this is a general bug. Otherwise, I need to figure out a way to remove the files, settings, or data causing this error

Can you please attach to this thread the file that you were trying to use?

I'm out.

Quick question. I have updated a few mods during the down time. Will those be automatically uploaded to the server now that the Mod Tool is operational again or do I need to re-upload them with the latest versions?

It's almost sounds like tool this was a good idea, @The Philotic Knight. :p

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Does anyone know if any of the sounds mods deals with crystal armor in the stone set with the constant tone cycle? I drives me a little batty. I didn't see anything specific, but maybe in the "less annoying" mod? If not, does anyone know of another way to kill that sound?

5 hours ago, TG BrainFog said:

Does anyone know if any of the sounds mods deals with crystal armor in the stone set with the constant tone cycle? I drives me a little batty. I didn't see anything specific, but maybe in the "less annoying" mod? If not, does anyone know of another way to kill that sound?

Do you want it dead or do you want it toned down. I can do either one and have it ready for you in a day or two.

Hello fine folks of the CoH Community.

Mod issue has been resolved as Knight has said below. Just a further update, I will be posting a tutorial video within the next couple of days that shows how to upload and adjust mods if you are a modder and would like to learn how to use the tool. It will be an easy to follow video and hopefully help any of you avoid some of the silly mistakes I made while getting the hang of the tool.  Coming soon™

Edited by Solarverse

I've just added a "Numbered Inspirations" mod into the CoH Modder.

image.png.4122fc20ac413cf07572578062878966.png

Leveraging my new DeTexturizer tool...

...and having a VERY limited skill set at image manipulation, I DeTexturized all of the Inspiration icons, opened them up in GIMP, then added a small black number in the top right corner to denote what tier of inspiration they were at a glance, as you can see in these screenshots from the game below:

image.png.4c5c3b41a6bcf9e0f20af6beb3d57142.png

image.png.3264f5d85935b675d2dccc11619d2a26.png

I did this because it always bugged me that the tier wasn't explicitly stated on the icon, and you had to either A) guess based on the size of the graphic compared to the size of the other icon's graphics, B) Try to remember off the top of your head what inspiration "names" meant what tiers, or C) Right click on the inspiration and go into Detailed Info.

I wanted a quick and easy way to tell just by looking just what you were dealing with. Now, I wanted to do this as an example to others that any idiot (even ME!) can use my DeTexturizer tool, extract the image from a texture file, modify it, Texturize it again, and throw it into a Mod that other players can use! Honestly, it took like no graphics skills to do this, and I expect someone else with better skills than me to come around at some point and make an even BETTER version of this mod that looks nicer and slicker and doesn't make people strain their eyes to notice a tiny black "1"!

Now, I'm going to start work on my "Visual Rosetta Stone", so that everyone will have access to a "cheat sheet" of what graphics files there are, and where they can be found.

Edited by The Philotic Knight
  • Like 2
I'm out.

@The Philotic Knight Looky, you'll wanna prep Ithink, but I don't see any of what Six said in it yet.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

11 hours ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Yeah, no, looks like nothing to prep right now.

Haven't tested in a bit, the app asks you where the Root folder for the game is right? 'Cause that's the only real change the user would need to make that I can see needed now that I think about it.

23 hours ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Yup, and that's easily changed by the user.

Got it, figured you'd had done that. :p

I have a request.  I'll be specific, but maybe it can be done more widespread.  Cauterizing Aura from the blaster secondary pool is way to damn loud.  Could it be toned down, turned off, changed?  Come to think of it, Fire Shield from the Epic Power Pool for blasters is pretty annoying as well.  And thank you all for the mods you make, just found out about this tool, this week.  really enjoy playin' around with it!

Edited by GM Tahquitz
Removed user email address.

Ok I asked this on the CoH Modder page but I'm hoping someone where can help me. I am trying to install it but it wants to find the "City of Heroes Install Directory" which doesn't exist with the new Homecoming installer. I just got this new computer yesterday and only have the game installed through the Homecoming installer which creates a "Homecoming" folder not a CoH one.

Help. Thanks

Fraz

19 minutes ago, Frazier said:

Ok I asked this on the CoH Modder page but I'm hoping someone where can help me. I am trying to install it but it wants to find the "City of Heroes Install Directory" which doesn't exist with the new Homecoming installer. I just got this new computer yesterday and only have the game installed through the Homecoming installer which creates a "Homecoming" folder not a CoH one.

Help. Thanks

Fraz

Correct, by default it creates the \Homecoming folder, now the Root folder for the game, so That is where you point it.

See this for the changes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Frazier , @WanderingAries is correct, the program just looks for the CoH executable in the folder you point it to. It doesn't care WHERE that is, it can be anywhere. As long as the app can find the CoH program executable, it'll work just fine. Everything else is relative to that. I have no absolute paths hard coded in, they are all relative from the CoH root directory.

• Like 1
I'm out.