CoH Modder

Uploaded all of my mods minus a few personal mods. They *should* all be available for anyone to download. I would like to say, it looks like those mods will get pretty cumbersome after a while, the more mods are uploaded, the more difficult it will be for people to sift through them. So maybe a quality of life column, then a Sounds SFX Column, then a Graphics Column? Just tossing the idea around. I am no coder so I have no idea how easy or difficult that would be...so I leave that up to you, especially since you have done plenty and way more than anyone expects to begin with. 

P.S. I have directed anyone who frequents my thread to your Mod Tool. I would like to eventually make the complete transition.

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pretty good sized update today to the program. Head to the website if you want to download this latest version. I've made the following changes:

• PROGRESS BARS! Now you'll have some idea about how long it'll take to download a mod, instead of the program just locking up the whole time.
  • New method for fetching the server mod data makes the program SUBSTANTIALLY faster!
  • Starting to implement Categories, although for now they are informational only. I plan to add the GUI functionality to reduce the visible mod list down by category in the next version.
  • New "Fresh Start" button. If your mods and data folder have gotten all kinds of nasty, consider this a large "reset" button. It deletes all of your local mods, deletes everything in your local Data\ folder, and then automatically downloads ALL server mods. I have a confirmation prompt on this button for a reason - it'll take a long time to download all those mods, so you want to be SURE you want to do it!

Thanks to @Solarverse @WanderingAries and @ElectricKeet for the feedback!

I'm hoping that with this update to the program, as well as the latest version of my "Rosetta Stone", we'll see a lot more mods coming out soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
I'm out.

@The Philotic Knight

So quick question, I have two mods that use the exact same files all the way down to the .ogg file names. The reason for this is because I have two mods that use Beam Rifle, one is a custom Beam Rifle SFX Mod, the other is a Mod that makes them sound like Plasma Rifles from the Terminator movies. So if it automatically downloads all the mods, what will happen when it DL's two mods that us the same files? Will it ask the person downloading which mod they want or will it overwrite the mod?

Yeah, categories will be nice. I wonder how the new launcher will work though?

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 2 weeks later
2 hours ago, Golden Azrael said:

I like the idea of this app.  Great idea.

Any Taunt mods yet that let me pick Ahhhh vs huuur.

Azrael.

There's no such mod YET. But, you could be a Mod author fairly easily yourself and get this done. Just load up my "Rosetta Stone":

Look for the sound that you want to replace, like this:

image.png.aa333b288ff59f65c7e902ab1939f65d.png

Replace that sound file in game with your own replacement sound file. If it works, GREAT! You can use the CoH Modder tool to pretty easily make your own mod for others to use to replace that sound, if you wish!

I'm out.

2 hours ago, Golden Azrael said:

I like the idea of this app.  Great idea.

Any Taunt mods yet that let me pick Ahhhh vs huuur.

Azrael.

I have tried. That taunt file no longer exists and I can't find it on any other mirror sites either. So I came up with lion and panther growl taunts instead. If I ever stumble across the original taunt sound bite, trust me, I will be all over it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

I have tried. That taunt file no longer exists and I can't find it on any other mirror sites either. So I came up with lion and panther growl taunts instead. If I ever stumble across the original taunt sound bite, trust me, I will be all over it.

What's the filename you were looking for?

I'm out.

10 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

I went through all of them except the city named folders. It's nowhere to be found.

I'm not sure what you're looking for exactly, but from what I can tell, here's all of the generic male "HUH"s and "AHHH"s....

I'm out.

35 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

I'm not sure what you're looking for exactly, but from what I can tell, here's all of the generic male "HUH"s and "AHHH"s....

Holy sh*t, where did you find the 4th one down? I went through all of those taunts! The 4rth one down is it!

4 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

I will be making that mod as soon as I get home tonight.

That's "maletaunt6b". I didn't see it anywhere in my Rosetta Stone, weird.. I'm going to have to GREP and see if I can find a reference to it in ANY data file. It sounds almost identical to me to maletaunt6.... no clue why they had two...

• Like 1
I'm out.

2 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Well... ZERO text references in the entire DATA directory to this file, in over 300,000 files, there's no mention of it. I'm going to expand my search now to my entire development directory to see if it's coming from somewhere else...

Could it be the file is located server side? If so, can we get others fom server side that no longer exist?

7 minutes ago, Ura Hero said:

Added my Glowie ping mod to the list.  Hopefully I did it right.

As far as I can see, it's fine. I'll have to test it out in-game after work! Thanks!

image.png.9039537f9243afcb2c3cd90f72cfea7c.png

36 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

Could it be the file is located server side? If so, can we get others fom server side that no longer exist?

AFAIK all things like sounds and images that are cosmetic are all client side to speed up resource loading...

I'm out.

2 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

As far as I can see, it's fine. I'll have to test it out in-game after work! Thanks!

image.png.9039537f9243afcb2c3cd90f72cfea7c.png

AFAIK all things like sounds and images that are cosmetic are all client side to speed up resource loading...

I'm almost certain the Elec snipe activation is server side. I could be wrong, but that is another power I can"t alter.