CoH Modder

Before i do something stupid.

I have ver 1.63.
How do i upgrade it to the most recent version? Do I just delete the old and download the new or is there some other trick?
And if I delete the old and install a new version, what happens to the mods I already installed into the game via the old one? 

Before you post or reply to anything online allways remember Wheaton´s Law!

4 hours ago, Ejlertson said:

Before i do something stupid.

I have ver 1.63.
How do i upgrade it to the most recent version? Do I just delete the old and download the new or is there some other trick?
And if I delete the old and install a new version, what happens to the mods I already installed into the game via the old one? 

You can delete the Modder's directory (wherever you decided to put the program, as it can be run from literally anywhere), and just download the latest version. I stick (and look for) the mods in the [Coh root folder]\mods\ directory, so as long as you don't mess with that directory, and you point the new version of the Modder tool to your CoH root, it will find the installed and Uninstalled mods, no problem.

And @SolarverseI'll get back to you when I can. Weekend time is family time for me.

• Thanks 1
I'm out.

7 hours ago, captainstar said:

Well, someone sent me this text file here, and it looks like we can dub a lot of cutscene.

All City of Heroes Sounds.txt 264.59 kB · 0 downloads

That makes sense as that's how they'd manage localization voices (if introduced).

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I tried remvoing the old version and put in the new.
Im notw getting a ton of error mistakes.

If I click on a installed mod, with a newer version available, it goes into a error window loop. Where one error window is repeated ad nausium after i click ok
image.thumb.png.3afead143754e008f932ba8ec444d4b6.png

44 minutes ago, Ejlertson said:

I tried remvoing the old version and put in the new.
Im notw getting a ton of error mistakes.

If I click on a installed mod, with a newer version available, it goes into a error window loop. Where one error window is repeated ad nausium after i click ok
image.thumb.png.3afead143754e008f932ba8ec444d4b6.png

I just uploaded 1.68 that contains a bugfix. Try that, and see if it fixes the problem. If not, I'd suggest clicking the "Fresh Start" button.

I'm out.

If I click the: 

COH Modder Program link, I download a file called:
CoH_Modder_168.7z
This file i cant do anything with. 
If I try to open it, Windows ask me what i want to open it with. And I cant find anythign that will let me unpack it, interact with it or open it.

If I instead click the:
COH Modder Source Code link. I get to down load a zipfile, I can unpack. But it contains v. 1.67 which loops the errors.

So I am stuck for now

Ah, yeah. You can't compile from source, because source is missing my FTP server information, which I don't include in the source code, I think for obvious reasons. 😉

The 7z file is just a zip format that's used by the freeware 7zip program. Go download it, and you should be fine.

I'm out.

That's not a bug, I hate to say @Solarverse, that's user error. If you look before you try to click "Ok", it's asking you what program you want to use to open the file, and you're choosing Firefox, which uses Firefox to "open" the zip file, which then brings you to the download prompt again and again in an endless cycle. The program isn't doing anything, you don't even have it unzipped yet!

You need to SAVE the file, and then unzip it with 7Zip. Unzip it anywhere, and then point the CoH Root folder to your CoH Root folder, and all should be well.

I'm out.

Just now, The Philotic Knight said:

That's not a bug, I hate to say @Solarverse, that's user error. If you look before you try to click "Ok", it's asking you what program you want to use to open the file, and you're choosing Firefox, which uses Firefox to "open" the zip file, which then brings you to the download prompt again and again in an endless cycle. The program isn't doing anything, you don't even have it unzipped yet!

You need to SAVE the file, and then unzip it with 7Zip. Unzip it anywhere, and then point the CoH Root folder to your CoH Root folder, and all should be well.

LOL...don't tell anyone I did that, lol

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Yeah, I've done that a few times testing out what filetypes browsers will open. :p

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 2 weeks later
56 minutes ago, arthurh35353 said:

I think he's asking where you want it installed, which I think (as a suggestion) you should pick where under Sweet Tea, Cream Soda or the HC Launcher it should go.

Doesn't matter, that's why I ask you where the CoH directory is, so you can run it from anywhere.

I'm out.