CoH Modder

One other thing to note for CoH modder users. Access was lost not only to CoH modder but also to the server that housed all the mods, so there isn't an easy way to access all the mods that were available through CoH modder.

However, for each mod that you installed, CoH modder kept an archive zip file containing all the files for that mod. Those should be housed in the top level of your CoH install directory in a folder called 'mods'. I would suggest holding onto those mod zip files for now, as they may be the only available copies of some of the mods that were in CoH modder, especially if the modder that made them has moved on from CoH.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
grammar
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

One other thing to note for CoH modder users. Access was lost not only to CoH modder but also to the server that housed all the mods, so there isn't an easy way to access all the mods that were available through CoH modder.

However, for each mod that you installed, CoH modder kept an archive zip file containing all the files for that mod. Those should be housed in the top level of your CoH install directory in a folder called 'mods'. I would suggest holding onto those mod zip files for now, as they may be the only available copies of some of the mods that were in CoH modder, especially if the modder that made them has moved on from CoH.

Would having a list of the working ones available be any help? I kind of hope someone picks up and runs with the cursor highlighter mod, my old glasses dependent eyes can't really see the regular cursor all that well and it does help to have the cursor a different color or more clearly visible with the options that mod provided. (There were I think four options?)

Roleplaying mentor volunteer, and mentorship contributor.

Chatrange Popmenu/Where to find me/Beginners Links

blinkiesCafe-Ov.gif.461b52017365412a34160eb002f74cfe.gif

6 minutes ago, Crystal Dragon said:

Would having a list of the working ones available be any help?

I am not totally sure what you mean by 'working ones', but in general, I think it's going to require a bit of a community effort in order to restore some (or maybe most) of the mods that were in CoH modder. I confess that I only used a couple of mods in there that were not my own mods, so I have no idea how actively most of the mods in there were maintained. Certainly there are still folks like me that are still around and active that can upload their mods to the new tool that Michiyo is building, but I have a feeling that there will be a fair number of modders that are no longer active whose mods won't make it into the new tool without help from the community.

And for the record I am just making some observations, I am not volunteering to head up that effort. I don't have room on my plate for that extra work.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/11/2022 at 11:07 AM, AboveTheChemist said:

I am not totally sure what you mean by 'working ones', but in general, I think it's going to require a bit of a community effort in order to restore some (or maybe most) of the mods that were in CoH modder. I confess that I only used a couple of mods in there that were not my own mods, so I have no idea how actively most of the mods in there were maintained. Certainly there are still folks like me that are still around and active that can upload their mods to the new tool that Michiyo is building, but I have a feeling that there will be a fair number of modders that are no longer active whose mods won't make it into the new tool without help from the community.

And for the record I am just making some observations, I am not volunteering to head up that effort. I don't have room on my plate for that extra work.

That's legit man. I got a plenty on my own.

Roleplaying mentor volunteer, and mentorship contributor.

Chatrange Popmenu/Where to find me/Beginners Links

blinkiesCafe-Ov.gif.461b52017365412a34160eb002f74cfe.gif

1 hour ago, Zilljah said:

Anyone know how to get VidiotMaps to work on a new character now? It still works on old characters

Vidiotmaps works regardless of the age of the character. If you are on a new character in Atlas Park, and all you see is the stock Atlas Park map, then you need to update vidiotmaps (the vidiotmaps thread is at this link). There was a change in how the Atlas Parks map works to account for seasonal changes and vidiotmaps has been updated to take that into account. I highly recommend installing via the new City Mod Installer, but if that isn't an option for whatever reason, then there are manual installation instructions in the top post of the vidiotmaps thread. Note that the installation process has changed from the 'old' method that CoH modder used.

• 2 weeks later

I'm sorry to see PK go, but don't blame him either. Not every change that is made to this game sits well with others. For me it was the sound nerfs, seems everything gets the chopping block sooner or later.  I enjoyed the vanilla of this game, once they started nerfing sounds and effects, my day was over. Sad to see PK go though, but with his love for bubbles, I completely understand his exit. PK, if you are reading this, take care of yourself out there, my man. Peace be with you, brother.

• Like 2