CoH Modder

Just now, Solarverse said:

Some of those Mods date back to live days. So the original author of those mods are no longer there to write read me texts. This is why the description is available to help with that. If you go to your Modder Tool and read the description, if instructions are available, they will be there.

Thanks. I did read the descriptions in the tool.  I just can't see how to check in-game to see if the mod is configurable in-game, or in the case of the badge tracker mods, how even to pull them up in game.  Anyone know how to do that?  

Is there any way to preview the sound-file change mods (given costume creator doesn't play powers sounds), or is it really just make a toon and test it?

Just now, brasilgringo said:

Thanks. I did read the descriptions in the tool.  I just can't see how to check in-game to see if the mod is configurable in-game, or in the case of the badge tracker mods, how even to pull them up in game.  Anyone know how to do that?  

Is there any way to preview the sound-file change mods (given costume creator doesn't play powers sounds), or is it really just make a toon and test it?

That is difficult due to the restrictions that the Developers have placed on us here on Homecoming. Videos are not allowed. Once that restriction is lifted, I plan to make videos for all SFX Mods. Also, I just did a once0over on the badge mod and there it says to use a /popupmenu command. The command is "/popmenu BadgeList"

As far as the Lightsaber Mod, I edited the last post, that edit should help answer that question.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, arthurh35353 said:

I think that might be from trying to install an not-updated mod for this. But I did get the exception column like someone else got.

image.thumb.png.a46bd70606a4d58b9f7619e269287569.png

Can you recreate this error at will? If so, can you please send me the steps you took to get to this result? I'd like to troubleshoot and fix that bug. Thank you.

I'm out.

I am having a simple download issue. When I follow the link in the first post and try to download from there, all I get is an empty CoH_Modder.zip file and a CoH_Modder.zip.part file. It seems the download is somehow interrupted. Perhaps the site has run out of bandwith?

Edited by Cidri
moar

10 hours ago, Cidri said:

I am having a simple download issue. When I follow the link in the first post and try to download from there, all I get is an empty CoH_Modder.zip file and a CoH_Modder.zip.part file. It seems the download is somehow interrupted. Perhaps the site has run out of bandwith?

So.... this is really weird. I just tried to test a download, and it failed for me too. But I noticed something that I've never noticed before:

image.png.217133aa04054f6092c22e9931f78720.png

See that warning?

I tried to upload a fresh copy of the file over to my Dropbox and tried downloading it again, and I got the same thing... on Chrome, a completely different browser:

image.png.914d9516b30999c3c149e2f106924269.png

This is... bizarre, different server, different browser... I have to spend some more time looking into this.

I'm out.

Okay, I don't know what this weirdness is, but I got around it for now by repackaging the application in a 7z format rather than a zip format. The link has been updated, and it appears to work from what I can see, but you'll need to get the freeware 7zip to unzip it though. Sorry for that.

I'm out.

2 hours ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Okay, I don't know what this weirdness is, but I got around it for now by repackaging the application in a 7z format rather than a zip format. The link has been updated, and it appears to work from what I can see, but you'll need to get the freeware 7zip to unzip it though. Sorry for that.

That is strange. Is it possible it was tampered with?

Edited by Solarverse

• 3 weeks later
5 minutes ago, arthurh35353 said:

Is there an i24p1 VidiotMaps yet?

Not sure what has been changed by HC, but the supplimental map pack is also in here. I haven't checked to see if he's got it separate or together.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

20 hours ago, NiCad said:

I tried to install and run the modder tool, but I keep getting the area message attached:

Suggestions?

Screenshot (26).png

Just checked this out myself, it looks like @Solarverse somehow managed to upload both a version 8 and version 11 of his "Original Thermal Radiation" which broke the database. I've removed the duplicate older entry and it should now be working. Not sure how this happened, as I had "self-healing" code put in to fix things like this. I'll have to look into it further when I have move time. Solarverse, anything you recall that was unusual the last time you uploaded/updated that mod? Any info would help me troubleshoot the issue.

I'm out.

19 hours ago, arthurh35353 said:

One of the zones got rotated to match the actual map. And portals got moved and things. 😕

Yeah, no, my "I26 Map Pack" is just a merger of the original ViotMaps and @Blondeshell's MoreMaps pack. I haven't updated it since, and wouldn't know where to get the updated map files from to do so.

I'm out.

22 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Just checked this out myself, it looks like @Solarverse somehow managed to upload both a version 8 and version 11 of his "Original Thermal Radiation" which broke the database. I've removed the duplicate older entry and it should now be working. Not sure how this happened, as I had "self-healing" code put in to fix things like this. I'll have to look into it further when I have move time. Solarverse, anything you recall that was unusual the last time you uploaded/updated that mod? Any info would help me troubleshoot the issue.

Bad, BAD @Solarverse...no "Cake" for you!

• Haha 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

32 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Interesting. One thing I have noticed is that from time to time, versions that I have recorded as being the latest version are somehow changed in the CoH Modder Tool.

Example:

Every so often I make notes on what latest versions I have available and then I update my page accordingly. A couple of weeks later I will go to update them again and notice that the versions I had previously recorded have changed to look something like this...

Solarverse's Updated Mod List
Week 1 Terminator SFX Mod (v11)
Week 3 Terminator SFX Mod (v8)

Even though I had on 1 week recorded a version of (v11) I will go to update again two weeks later and find that what used to be (v11) had been changed to (v8)

I just chalked it up to human error and left it at that. However, since you are asking me if I have noticed anything out of the ordinary, that's all I got for you. I have not changed my methods of uploading new mods or my methods of updating mods. I just think it is more likely to happen to me because I do it more often and make new mods more often than most others.

As far as that mod specifically, no...I don't recall anything being out of place or different with that specific mod. I did change the notes on it though. Maybe that is what caused it? I don't usually change the notes of a Mod when I update it, but this one I did change the notes on. That could have something to do with it.

Also, as a side note: What if we want to change the name of a Mod? That particular mod covers more than just Thermal now, it actually covers all AoE Heals. Is there a way to change the name of a Mod without getting you involved?

On 11/24/2020 at 7:59 PM, NiCad said:

I tried to install and run the modder tool, but I keep getting the area message attached:

Suggestions?

Screenshot (26).png

I just installed and ran the tool for the first time and I am seeing this exact error message as well

EDIT: It works fine now with the update below, thanks!

Edited by AboveTheChemist
working now!

40 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I just installed and ran the tool for the first time and I am seeing this exact error message as well

Now that the errors in there again, and I have time to look at it, I believe I have found the problem. I've just released a program update (v 1.65) where it should be fixed. The issue was that my "self healing code" was doing a comparison of the ModVersion alright, so that part was working correctly... doing *A* comparison. The problem was that the field was being treated like a STRING field rather than a NUMERICAL field. And in a string field, 8 > 11, because 8 comes after 1. So version 8 was being seen as a newer version than version 11, which is what caused the whole issue to begin with.

Rookie mistake, and I'm mad at myself for it, ugh.

Should be fixed now though:

image.png.3c29ce64caac3b9ae2d8c67d43f90179.png

I'm out.

18 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Also, as a side note: What if we want to change the name of a Mod? That particular mod covers more than just Thermal now, it actually covers all AoE Heals. Is there a way to change the name of a Mod without getting you involved?

Not without getting me involved. You can of course load an existing mod into the Edit window and rename it, then re-upload. When you re-upload it'll be added to the database as a new entry with the new name. Then you just have to ask me to remove the old one. I want old mod removal to be a manual process, so that I make sure that nobody's doing anything cruel or mean, like wiping out all of the mods on the server.

• Thanks 2
I'm out.

9 hours ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Yeah but @NiCad the thing is, I'm a programmer by trade. This is what I get paid for. I should be better than this. Now, yeah this program is something that I do in my spare time, but still should have tested and caught that issue.

It's easy to miss things when You're the one creating it. That's why the industry always has outside testers for apps. 😉

• Like 1