September 2020 Donations & Finances

Cipher

• City Council

Hello everyone!

It’s the last Saturday of the month, and that means it’s time to go over our finances for the past and upcoming month. If you haven’t already, check out the State of the Project post we made on August 12th for a peek at some updates we’ll be making in the near future.

August 2020 Breakdown

Last month we accepted $4,705.07 in donations, $202.20 over our target for the month. This overrun will be put towards the expenses for September.

As mentioned last month, OVH has consolidated all of the new servers added in July into our invoice that charges on the first of each month. After a billing change to failover IPs, our monthly invoice was reduced by additional $45.00 per month, bringing our new total for OVH to $4,645.44 per month.

We purchased some additional domains in August related to this news post which we will be putting into use in the near future. The total cost for the domains was $87.00, all of which was covered by overrun from the donation window.

Overall, here is the breakdown of what August’s funds went towards:

• $4,645.44 to OVH for our hosting
  • $121.02 for our Google G-Suite Business account
  • $87.00 for domain purchases (NAME-CHEAP.com)
  • $30.00 for our 1&1 IONOS domain & outbound email service
  • $25.00 for the Paperspace Air instance
  • $10.00 for our Atlassian Jira Cloud instance (10-user)
  • $9.73 for the security / administration software

image.png.fbbecf8d407be674459f095fa02c2571.png

September 2020

One of our domains is due for renewal early in September at a cost of $10.00. This will appear as an additional charge under 1&1 IONOS on our next invoice.

As previously mentioned, our monthly invoice from OVH has been reduced by an additional $45.00 per month, bringing the new total down to $4,645.44.

We do not have any other updates to our finances this month and we still have $163.83 in overrun from August which will be put towards reducing our donation target for September.

The donation target for September 2020 is $4,687.36. Here is a breakdown of how the funds are allocated:

• $4,645.44 for our hardware infrastructure from OVH
  • $121.02 for our Google G-Suite services
  • $30.00 for outbound email and domain services from 1&1 IONOS
    • We will be completing our migration from IONOS to AWS SES for outbound email this month. Once this migration is completed, this charge will be removed from our monthly expenses.
  • $25.00 for our Air instance from Paperspace
  • $10.00 for our domain renewal
  • $10.00 for our Atlassian Jira (Cloud) service
  • $9.73 for security / administration software

The donation target has been met and donations are now closed. Thank you for the support!

Our donation system will be open as of the time of this post with a donation target of $4,687.36 and will automatically close once that target is met.

As always, thank you for all of the support!

- The Homecoming Team

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

3 minutes ago, GrimDark said:

Wow, by the time my paypal transaction went through donations were closed. I got in by the skin of my teeth.

Supportive community is a nice thing to see.

I had to be doing a responsible thing like laundry, and by the time my phone posted the Discord announcement, I tried to get in and it was closed...

Well done, team.

Mostly on Torchbearer, but if you ever see me on, feel free to say hello!

Astral.Kai - Peacebringer; Dark.Enforcer - Dark/Shield Scrapper; Spark.Enforcer - Electrical/Shield Scrapper; Shadow.Reign - Dark/Regen Brute;

Glitter - Warshade;

And others to be added as I get them up to snuff, lol!

All right, I was/am at my Mom's and visitors came, but I had this set up and managed to get in this month...and to be honest, this comment is more for myself to know when I donated, than anything else, though, of course I DEEPLY APPRECIATE HAVING THE GAME BACK, THANKS FOR ALL EFFORTS!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/29/2020 at 8:17 PM, Tacheyon said:

I was in the middle of a Synapse TF when the alert went out.  I had to take a break from all those kill all clockwork missions to donate.

hmmm.....  So was I.  I wonder if we were on the same team.

• Thanks 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

• Cipher unpinned and unfeatured this topic