Page 6 Preview: Sonic Manipulation, Game Balance, Piecemeal's Workshop of Horrors

Jimmy

3 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

This does not reflect my experience, which is that the Absorb powers are quite powerful. Note that they all come with significant debuffs as well which the Regen powers do not get.

Note I'm not saying absorb is a bad mechanic, simply that the stats for the absorb powers are not indicative to how a blaster works. If the absorb would stack with itself (ie like how healing does up to full), or be a larger, yet slower amount (ie same absorb per second) then it would work much better (ie not useless with almost all of the absorb constantly wasted by not stacking or being too low of a value).

7 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

This does not reflect my experience, which is that the Absorb powers are quite powerful. Note that they all come with significant debuffs as well which the Regen powers do not get.

Doesn’t reflect my experience at all either. Seems more like someone is having trouble playing blasters with the ease they can now be played.

All great stuff! I’m really excited to test it all out! Thanks so much for all the hard work. 

I know it was talked about in another thread back when it was brought up. Can you confirm that the hail of bullets fix will get released with page 6?

Edited by Saikochoro

25 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Note I'm not saying absorb is a bad mechanic, simply that the stats for the absorb powers are not indicative to how a blaster works. If the absorb would stack with itself (ie like how healing does up to full), or be a larger, yet slower amount (ie same absorb per second) then it would work much better (ie not useless with almost all of the absorb constantly wasted by not stacking or being too low of a value).

I’m unconvinced of the accuracy of this analysis.

22 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

I’m unconvinced of the accuracy of this analysis.

Then go play blasters more. Numbers are numbers. Your "belief" doesn't change the fact that the absorb amount is not enough for the blaster, and would be better suited if it stacked each absorb tic, or if the absorb was larger even with a slower proc rate.

Edited by WindDemon21

4 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Then go play blasters more. Numbers are numbers. Your "belief" doesn't change the fact that the absorb amount is not enough for the blaster, and would be better suited if it stacked each absorb tic, or if the absorb was larger even with a slower proc rate.

We do play blasters and we’re fine?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, arcaneholocaust said:

We do play blasters and we’re fine?

You slotted and know what you're doing to where you worked yourself around not needing the absorb anyway sure, but that doesn't mean what I have said in regards to the current aborb amount versus the use of the regen/heal proc aren't true.

11 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

These are unsupported claims.

Just now, WindDemon21 said:

You slotted and know what you're doing to where you worked yourself around not needing the absorb anyway sure, but that doesn't mean what I have said in regards to the current aborb amount versus the use of the regen/heal proc aren't true.

In my experience, of all of my level 50 blasters, the ones with absorb are sturdier than the ones without, with the exception of mental being sturdier.

1 minute ago, WindDemon21 said:

You seem to think these are supposed to be Armor. They’re not. It’s minor constant heal. It takes a little off of each attack unless you’re taking heavy fire.

3 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

You seem to think these are supposed to be Armor. They’re not. It’s minor constant heal. It takes a little off of each attack unless you’re taking heavy fire.

Except it's not a heal, its an absorb, so when there is one on you, any subsequent tics are literally doing nothing to help you.

Just now, WindDemon21 said:

Except it's not a heal, its an absorb, so when there is one on you, any subsequent tics are literally doing nothing to help you.

But why do you need the help of the next tick if you’re not even taking enough damage to break through the first tiny tick?

8 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Heals do nothing when you’re at full. Absorb is a kind of heal.

Yeah, it does that one tiniest fraction of an absorb, and that's it, in any other situation, healing back from the damage done (and consecutive healing getting back to full) does a lot more, than a tiny absorb that replaces itself.

17 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Because you still have lessened health because of the easily higher attacks that got through that tiny absorb.

The absorb powers, which come with Slows and/or Minus Damage, actually prevent damage. The regen powers do not. No they don’t completely prevent damage, but they are correctly balanced against the regen powers which heal you up but do nothing to prevent damage in the first place. You are incorrect in your analysis.

• City Council
1 hour ago, Saikochoro said:

All great stuff! I’m really excited to test it all out! Thanks so much for all the hard work. 

I know it was talked about in another thread back when it was brought up. Can you confirm that the hail of bullets fix will get released with page 6?

These fixes for Dual Pistols are in:

• Dual Pistols:
    • AoE powers no longer grant Defiance for every target hit
    • Single target powers no longer grant double Defiance
    • Hail of Bullets (Blaster): Fixed an issue where the blaster version of this power would not trigger the base lethal damage in PvE
  • Thanks 4

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Just now, FoulVileTerror said:

The Defiance bug only helped Dual Pistol Blasters, @ABlueThingy.  Corruptors, Defenders, and Sentinels didn't get to take advantage of that bug.

Oh, I suppose that should be obvious... So the point is that with this bug fixed they can actually address the set and buff it proper for all ATs?  Because if they buffed DP while this bug was ongoing Blaster DP would be off the charts?

Er, I know you're not a dev.  I guess I'm just thinking outloud.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ABlueThingy said:

Oh, I suppose that should be obvious... So the point is that with this bug fixed they can actually address the set and buff it proper for all ATs?  Because if they buffed DP while this bug was ongoing Blaster DP would be off the charts?

Er, I know you're not a dev.  I guess I'm just thinking outloud.

Yes, they fix any issues and then will be able to give the set a proper pass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward