Peacebringers: Bring Back Solar Flare's Stomp Animation!

ScarySai

This is a few patches old by now, but I'd like to see if we could atleast get an alt animation or something added.

Awhile ago, Solar Flare used to use the foot stomp animation, but this was changed to a much less visually satisfying hand clap animation. I believe PH's original reasoning was to paraphrase (And correct me if I'm wrong): that the animation was coded to not work in the air so they changed it for QoL's sake. Which I believed until I tried out Ice melee for the first time on a stalker. Frozen Aura uses the foot stomp animation and it can work while midair or flying.

Surely, there's a way we can bring back the stomp as an alternate animation with minimal work? The clap looks so goofy to me, I miss the stomp.

Edited by ScarySai
  • Like 8

We've already got other powers with alternate animations, I would not object in the slightest to this being put in as an option.

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

31 minutes ago, Vanden said:

The foot stomp has to be the primary animation, though, because you can never quite match the default colors with the palettes they give us.

I don't disagree. As an alternate, I'd assume (I know...) there's a plain old "Foot stomp" with the original colors, then "Foot stomp (customizable") for people. Depends on if the original's still available to do that with, I suppose.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I honestly don't understand why they felt the need to change it to begin with. It's like the OG Devs just got bored sometimes and started changing shit for no particular reason. The Huge Male Taunt SFX being removed from the game was one of those changes along with the Foot Stomp animation for Khelds. Thank God I have a SFX Mod that brings back the original Taunt SFX...I could fix that and a lot of other sounds the Devs took away or changed, but I an't fix animations that were removed.

P.S. Also, if you want the original PB Sound Effects back, just check my sig...got that covered for ya.

3 hours ago, ScarySai said:

Should still be available. I'm pretty sure the VFX is the same and they only changed the model's animation.

Right on the money right here. The VFX is the same, the animation is what

s different.

13 hours ago, Greycat said:

We've already got other powers with alternate animations, I would not object in the slightest to this being put in as an option.

I just wish they would give alternates to Psi melee. I want to play that set soooo badly, but there are a few of the animations I just can't stand...I'm a very visual guy, so if my character looks like he is wearing cement blocks on his feet while he swings a Psi Blade, I can't get in to it.