Beware of mutations

Ejlertson

A while back I purchased Secondary Mutations via P2W and has since then used it to add a minor boost.
Basicly I click it whenever i see its recharged and it then adds whatever small bonus it decides upon.
I´ve used A LOT so yesterdays surprice mutation took me entirely by surprice as it turned me into a Rikti Monkey.
As i was engged in a heavy fight it had a very qick and painful faceplant secondary effect.

So words of caution, Secondary Mutation can be dangerous to use 😂

At least I got a good laugh out of it 🙂

Rikti.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Before you post or reply to anything online allways remember Wheaton´s Law!

I strongly suspect the RNG rebalances if you're in combat to roll the monkey result more often.

• Like 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• Retired Game Master

One of the few Prestige Powers that has a "natural 1" RNG outcome.  😄

The other one that makes me laugh is the "Lab Tanks" in the Science Lab instance maps.  Destroying any of the four gives the chance of a short term buff to stats, or a debuff depending on what you get dosed with after the explosion.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GM Tahquitz said:

The other one that makes me laugh is the "Lab Tanks" in the Science Lab instance maps.  Destroying any of the four gives the chance of a short term buff to stats, or a debuff depending on what you get dosed with after the explosion.

I remember the first time on live where I got dosed by that debuff. It made me weary of them afterwards. 

Edited by Ejlertson
  • Haha 2

Before you post or reply to anything online allways remember Wheaton´s Law!

39 minutes ago, GM Tahquitz said:

I hit those lab experiments all the time. Can't remember when the last time I got debuffed by one was but they were some pretty hefty debuffs.  Like OG Vazihlok Wasting Disease bad.

• Like 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

47 minutes ago, GM Tahquitz said:

Maybe I am seeing the (de)buffs wrong when they happen, but can the debuffs and buffs affect either base values or modifiers? I feel like when I get hit with a debuff even if the other 3 are buffs to the same attribute (regen, recovery, etc.) that they don't overcome the debuff because the debuff goes for a base value but buffs go for mods.

Mostly on Torchbearer, but if you ever see me on, feel free to say hello!

Astral.Kai - Peacebringer; Dark.Enforcer - Dark/Shield Scrapper; Spark.Enforcer - Electrical/Shield Scrapper; Shadow.Reign - Dark/Regen Brute;

Glitter - Warshade;

And others to be added as I get them up to snuff, lol!

I was leading a Silver Mantis SF. We got to the very end, fighting our way to the top of the Sky Raider's platform. I ran up to Colonel Duray, popped Secondary Mutation, and abruptly learned that this was a thing. I was pretty embarrassed, going "WTF is this?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Frostbiter said:

I hit those lab experiments all the time. Can't remember when the last time I got debuffed by one was but they were some pretty hefty debuffs.  Like OG Vazihlok Wasting Disease bad.

Then you're luckier than me. I get the debuff over 50% of the time (more like 75%), or did, because I don't bother with those any more because of that percentage and the buffs aren't all that great anyway. 

I never take the secondary mutation because of the monkey thing. RNG hates me so why give it more ammo? 

1 minute ago, gamingglen said:

Then you're luckier than me. I get the debuff over 50% of the time (more like 75%), or did, because I don't bother with those any more because of that percentage and the buffs aren't all that great anyway. 

I never take the secondary mutation because of the monkey thing. RNG hates me so why give it more ammo? 

Well now I just feel bad for you.  Few people are as unlucky as I am.  Just this morning I went to go vote and they were out of stickers. How an I going to show everyone I performed my civic duty without a sticker?

• Like 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

2 hours ago, Frostbiter said:

Well now I just feel bad for you.  Few people are as unlucky as I am.  Just this morning I went to go vote and they were out of stickers. How an I going to show everyone I performed my civic duty without a sticker?

Those stickers need to be gold stars. I miss getting those gold stars like I did in grade school, I was such a teacher's pet. 

I voted by mail so I don't even get a sticker. 

• Sad 1