The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Winter Event

The_Warpact

So got hit by surprise snow here...I hate snow, winter, holidays, etc.

Whens the winter event starting i want to beat a snowmans ass or throw snowballs at people in Atlas when they aren't looking.

But, mostly to beat a snowmans ass...and wanting to punt kick baby new year...gawd he's a hideous chud.

Edited by The_Warpact
Learn 2 spell

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

I hate being cold, but I love winter.  The view outside of my door is like a Christmas card when it snows, young pines covered in snow, the ground white and shining.  I wait all year for the snow, every year, since I built my cabin.  It's glorious to behold.  It's worth the discomfort of wet socks or having to ride a motorcycle in December, as far as I'm concerned.  Remembering the beauty and wonder of winter is what makes me a happy person, keeps Christmas in my heart year-round.

They can get around to turning on the snow in-game whenever.  I want the real thing.  I need my Christmas postcard fix.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

3 minutes ago, Luminara said:

I hate being cold, but I love winter.  The view outside of my door is like a Christmas card when it snows, young pines covered in snow, the ground white and shining.  I wait all year for the snow, every year, since I built my cabin.  It's glorious to behold.  It's worth the discomfort of wet socks or having to ride a motorcycle in December, as far as I'm concerned.  Remembering the beauty and wonder of winter is what makes me a happy person, keeps Christmas in my heart year-round.

They can get around to turning on the snow in-game whenever.  I want the real thing.  I need my Christmas postcard fix.

You can have it lady, if I want winter I'll google a picture of it.😁

I used to love it, going snowboarding, snowball fights, fireside with cocoa, but, as I get older the discomfort of being cold outweighs my love of those past things..

Although a mountain view of snow covered peaks is nice.

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

3 hours ago, Luminara said:

Last winter some grey slush made a 'drift' against the fence about an inch deep, then melted in the rain a couple of hours later.  Paragon City is probably my best hope for winter scenery.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

4 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

I used to love it, going snowboarding, snowball fights, fireside with cocoa, but, as I get older the discomfort of being cold outweighs my love of those past things..

I don't want to be outside in it.  I'm 5'6" and 130 lbs, I don't have the body fat to play in the snow, or the boots/shoes to keep my feet dry and warm (the woes of self-imposed poverty).

But I adore seeing it, and I'll tolerate it cheerfully, because it's beautiful and serene.

I spent most of the last 30 years living in cities, living with social anxiety disorder, living with the feeling of not being able to be happy, being afraid to stop to enjoy something as simple as a dandelion, a robin, a snowfall.  My life is different now, and I've got decades of enjoyment to make up for.  BRING ON THE SNOW!  ❤️

24 minutes ago, Grouchybeast said:

Last winter some grey slush made a 'drift' against the fence about an inch deep, then melted in the rain a couple of hours later.  Paragon City is probably my best hope for winter scenery.

That's more than we had in Virginia last year.  This year will be better!  I will see my Christmas card view again!  Or else!

• Like 4

On 11/17/2020 at 11:35 AM, Luminara said:

Assuming you are on a bike with a stator/battery, look in to hard wired heated gloves and liners.  Its like ridng wearing an electric blanket 🙂  And Cycle Gear usually has deals this time of year.

9 hours ago, gourdhead said:

Assuming you are on a bike with a stator/battery, look in to hard wired heated gloves and liners.  Its like ridng wearing an electric blanket 🙂  And Cycle Gear usually has deals this time of year.

Thought about that yesterday when I saw some heated gloves at a thrift store.  But I'd have to replace the stator (only 6 pole), and... well, at least half of my riding is on unpaved county back roads.  I had an accident, went sideways on another bike three years ago, it suddenly turned over and pinned my legs under it, slammed me onto ground at 30 mph and broke my left arm and collar bone.  I'd rather be thrown clear if (when) it happens again, instead of being tied to the bike.  Especially this bike, it's twice as heavy.  I absolutely can't have broken legs, not when I have to walk down to the stream to fetch water every couple of days.

9 hours ago, Twisted Toon said:

Gortex pants, a thermal shirt, t-shirt, flannel shirt, leather jacket, 2 scarves, and 2 pairs of socks generally worked to keep me warm during the winter on my bike.

I just placed an order for new winter riding gloves (mine are ten years old) and a scarf (can't find the one i had).  With a thick coat and two pair of pants, and wool socks, I stay pretty warm.  Not having the scarf last year was the worst.

I'm ready for winter!  Oh, wait, I need to download all of my Christmas music... winter event, then Christmas music, and hopefully lots of snow!

Oh, crap, I only have one box of hot cocoa mix.  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  PANIC!  PANIC!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Verfall said:

I clicked on this thread, and than looked outside and its snowing really heavy. Like thick xmas snow. I blame this thread lol.

I'LL TAKE IT!  SEND IT TO ME!  HURRY, BEFORE IT MELTS!  😨

1 hour ago, Luminara said:

Thought about that yesterday when I saw some heated gloves at a thrift store.  But I'd have to replace the stator (only 6 pole), and... well, at least half of my riding is on unpaved county back roads.  I had an accident, went sideways on another bike three years ago, it suddenly turned over and pinned my legs under it, slammed me onto ground at 30 mph and broke my left arm and collar bone.  I'd rather be thrown clear if (when) it happens again, instead of being tied to the bike.  Especially this bike, it's twice as heavy.  I absolutely can't have broken legs, not when I have to walk down to the stream to fetch water every couple of days.

I just placed an order for new winter riding gloves (mine are ten years old) and a scarf (can't find the one i had).  With a thick coat and two pair of pants, and wool socks, I stay pretty warm.  Not having the scarf last year was the worst.

I'm ready for winter!  Oh, wait, I need to download all of my Christmas music... winter event, then Christmas music, and hopefully lots of snow!

Oh, crap, I only have one box of hot cocoa mix.  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  PANIC!  PANIC!

I'm pretty sure the SAE connector would separate in event of an off, but yeah, its hard to be tethered when you need to ride on the pegs 🙂  And glad you are okay.  My other recommendation is Duluth Trading Company fleece lined work pants.  One of the best purchases I ever made, especially now that I'm a Colorado resident.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, InfamousBrad said:

Have the devs decided when to start the Winter Holiday event this year?

Nothing official, but, if its any indication it started nov 29th last year.

Which would be nice for a Dec 1st start.

Halloween started in 2019 on Oct.1 and ended On Oct. 31ish (I believe the morning of Nov. 1).

Halloween 2020 started on a Tuesday (Oct. 6 and lasted through Nov. 3 - so 4 weeks)

Nov. 29 (per The Warpact's post) in 2019 would have it start the weekend after Thanksgiving but Dec. 31st was a Tuesday last year so the event ending on a server reset makes sense at least.

This year Dec. 1 is a Tuesday and Dec. 31 is a Thursday.

If they go 4 weeks this year it could be Dec. 8 to Jan. 5. 

If you're worrying about missing a few days there we did have the Mender Derek event over the Summer. 

• Like 2

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

Winter event can't start until I finish selling off the winter super packs I bought during last year's event...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

14 hours ago, macskull said:

Winter event can't start until I finish selling off the winter super packs I bought during last year's event...

Did you charge more than three fiddy?

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.