ATC's Badge List PopMenu

First and foremost, I offer sincere thanks to @Janrith, @ROBOKiTTY, @Wingman, and anyone else who worked on the predecessors to this menu. They deserve immense credit, and the work I have done on this project is built upon the work they accomplished.

This project is an offshoot of the alphabetic badge list popmenu. My version of this project is a customized popmenu containing both a categorized and alphabetical badge listing, created in early 2020. Details on the history of the overall project can be found at the link above. For a detailed rundown of my own modifications, start with this post (from the above thread) and work your way down the thread from there.

In the interest of keeping that thread dedicated to the original version of the project, I decided with the advent of Issue 27 to make a separate thread for my version. The original version is a fantastic menu and I strongly encourage everyone to try it out. As I've done from the outset, I will continue to share new and/or updated badge information with the creators of the original version so that both versions can be as up-to-date as possible.

There are two variants of this menu available, one with the Favorites section enabled, and one with the Favorites section disabled. Installation instructions for each are available below. For those that wish to track/set their favorite badges, there are three 'Favorites' sections in the menu. One at the very top, one in the Accolades > Day Jobs section, and one in the standalone Day Jobs section. Users may wish to overwrite the badge information in those sections with their own respective favorites. If so, just keep in mind to retain a backup when updating so that these favorites sections are not overwritten.

Please, at the very least, read the sections on Installation and Removing/Deleting Old Installations, as most of the answers to questions I receive are contained in those two sections.

Installation Instructions (Favorites disabled)

Spoiler

The simplest installation method is to use the City Mod Installer. This popmenu is available there under the name Badge Set List popmenu (version 1.4).

Manual installation is via a .pigg file (named badge_set_list.pigg) available on Google Drive at the link below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_t8e1B9jxZKuATGb0tN3sPVuWoF1fH2r

For manual installation, you'll need to locate the root folder (which I'll refer to as <CoH Root Folder>) for your CoH installation. If using the new Homecoming Launcher, click the settings button (which looks like a little gear) in the upper right corner of the HC launcher. When the settings window appears, the installation location is shown at the top of the window. The following screenshot illustrates what you'll see (the settings button appears in green here):

hc_location.png.82c7d9b436aa59b81c74e54c705cfcd1.png

If using Tequila or Island Rum, you'll either need to search for the install manually, or you should be able to check the properties of the shortcut used to launch Tequila/Island Rum, and the installation location should be listed there.

The .pigg file is a self-contained archive that functions identically to the .pigg files that contain all of the game data. It should be placed in:

<CoH Root Folder>\assets\mods

If your <CoH Root Folder>\assets folder does not contain a directory named 'mods', please create a directory named 'mods' within <CoH Root Folder>\assets and place the badge_set_list.pigg file within.

The final step is to modify your game launch parameters to tell the game to check your <CoH Root Folder>\assets\mods folder for the new mod by adding the following text:

-assetpath assets\mods

This is a one-time change so if your launch parameters have already been modified to add the above text, then there is no need to do it again. Instructions for locating and modifying your launch parameters can be found in the post at this link.

Users that have one or more existing launch parameters can simply add a space at the end of the existing parameter(s) before adding the new parameter.

Installation Instructions (Favorites enabled)

Spoiler

The installation process for the Favorites-enabled variant is a manual process similar to the manual process described in the above section, using the following .mnu file (named BadgeSetList.mnu) available on Google Drive at the link below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kqpFkV0lHKrTNX5G_G0eITTCc_0-K8xh

The menu file should go into:

<CoH Root Folder>\data\texts\English\menus

If you don't have the data folder, or any of its subfolders, these will need to be created. Place the BadgeSetList.mnu file in the last subfolder 'menus'.

Users of the Favorites-enabled version need not modify their game launch parameters.

Removing/Deleting Old Installations (Favorites disabled)

Spoiler

Users of the Favorites-enabled version of the menu can safely ignore this section.

Users of the Favorites-disabled version (installed via the City Mod Installer or via the .pigg file) will need to remove or delete their old Badge Set List popmenu installations in order for the new version to be visible in game. This is because the installation process now uses a .pigg file and the old process installed the mod files individually into the <CoH Root Folder>\data folder.

Old versions of the Badge Set List popmenu were installed to the following location:

<CoH Root Folder>\data\texts\English\menus\BadgeSetList.mnu

Simply remove or delete this file and the new version should appear properly in-game.

Opening Menu In-Game

Spoiler

There are at least three ways to access the menu, either via chat, via a keybind, or via a macro, using the commands highlighted below.

from chat: /popmenu BadgeSetList
via keybind: /bind <your_key> "popmenu BadgeSetList"
via macro: /macro <macro_name> "popmenu BadgeSetList"

I recommend using a keybind, because in some parts of the menu there are several sub-menus which may extend partway across the screen. By using a keybind, the menu will appear at your cursor location when the keybind is pressed, so I typically move the cursor to the upper left of the screen and then press my keybind so that I have enough room for the submenus to expand if needed.

The version posted here has been updated according to the changelog in the spoiler box below.

Spoiler

25-Nov-2020: Updated to Issue 27

• Added new badges, and updated a few existing badges (mostly for category change)
  • Reorganized the exploration accolades to match the zone categories for the exploration badges
  • Added comments in the favorites sections
  • Other minor reorganization here and there

26-Nov-2020

• Fixed a few minor typos/errors
  • Uploaded mod to CoH Modder tool as Badge List Menu (v3)

01-Dec-2020

• Added Snowbound badge
  • Uploaded mod to CoH Modder tool as Badge List Menu (v5)

21-Apr-2021

• Added thumbtacks for all exploration badges and history plaques
  • Added Complicated and Legendary badges
  • Moved Echo: Rikti Crash Site exploration badges from hero to co-op
  • Moved The Last Word from co-op to praetorian
  • Moved Crash Landed exploration accolade from hero to co-op
  • Re-alphabetized exploration badges sections (primarily moving sections that start with 'The')
  • Uploaded mod to CoH Modder tool as Badge List Menu (v6)

04-May-2021

• Updated thumbtack coordinates for 'Living Dark' badge in Abandoned Sewer Network
  • Uploaded mod to CoH Modder tool as Badge List Menu (v7)

02-June-2021

• Updated names for 'Battle-Hardened' and 'Proprietor' badges
  • Uploaded mod to CoH Modder tool as Badge List Menu (v8)

18-June-2021

• Added bug warnings regarding thumbtack bugs in Mercy Island and Port Oakes
  • Uploaded mod to CoH Modder tool as Badge List Menu (v9)

05-October-2021

• Updated coordinates of Unabashed badge
  • Added either/or option for Penelope Yin TF/Sister Psyche TF for Task Force Commander checklist
  • Added Sinister Summoner badge
  • Uploaded mod to CoH Modder tool as Badge List Menu (v10)

27-November-2021

01-December-2021

• Updated thumbtack for Vision of Ambition badge in Cimerora, and corrected name for 'A Light in Dark Astoria' badge
  • Uploaded mod to CoH Modder tool as Badge List Menu (v12)

02-May-2022

• Added Unquenchable Badge
  • Updated thumbtack locations for all River Rat locations
  • Uploaded mod to CoH Modder tool as Badge List Menu (v13)

24-May-2022

• Added exploration accolades listed by zone name
  • Uploaded mod to CoH Modder tool as Badge List Menu (v14)

23-August-2022

• Added new i27p4 badges
  • Removed many unnecessary dividers and added titles where appropriate as de-facto dividers
  • Re-categorized multiple badges that were listed under the wrong category
  • Added 'By Zone Name' listing to Safeguard/Mayhem exploration badges and Passport accolade requirements
  • Changed some category names to match in-game badge categories
  • Commented out the Favorites sections to hide them by default
  • Added sequential listing for each badge category except Veteran and Wentworths, which are already listed sequentially (and noted as such)
  • Uploaded mod to CoH Modder tool as Badge List Menu (v15)

01-September-2022

• Removed extra quotation marks from one menu command
  • Uploaded mod to CoH Modder tool as Badge List Menu (v16)

04-October-2022

• Added new 2022 Halloween badges
  • Uploaded mod to CoH Modder tool as Badge List Menu (v17)

12-October-2022

• No changes to menu contents
  • Uploaded mod to City Mod Installer as Badge Set List popmenu (version 1)

18-October-2022

• Changed 'Womp Womp' badge name to 'Anke Biter' and reordered as necessary
  • Corrected issue with settitle command in sequential lists
  • Uploaded mod to City Mod Installer as Badge Set List popmenu (version 1.1)

26-April-2023

• Removed Thrill Seeker badge locations from Atlas Park and Mercy Island
  • Added new i27p6 badges
  • Uploaded mod to City Mod Installer as Badge Set List popmenu (version 1.2)

13-January-2024

• Added 2023 winter event badge
  • Uploaded mod to City Mod Installer as Badge Set List popmenu (version 1.3)

21-February-2024

• Added i27p7 badges
  • Adjusted coordinates for Vanguard Operative and Thrill Seeker badges in Rikti War Zone
  • Moved Rookie badge from Echo: Atlas Park to Atlas Park and Silent Sentinel badge from Atlas Park to Echo: Atlas Park
  • Recategorized relevant Striga Isle badge(s) to account for Striga Isle becoming a co-op zone
  • Updated Passport accolade requirements
  • Removed Thrill Seeker badge locations from Atlas Park and Mercy Island (for real this time)
  • Uploaded mod to City Mod Installer as Badge Set List popmenu (version 1.4)

If anyone would like to take this menu and build upon it, please feel free to do so. All I ask is that credit be given to the prior authors and me for the work that has been done to date, and that you take credit for any modifications that you make to this menu. Otherwise, please let me know if you have any comments or questions, or if you notice anything that isn't correct. Thanks!

badge_list_menu.thumb.png.85a822e3440692ff17fbd65e4e2b0666.png

Edited by AboveTheChemist
update for i27p7
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/28/2020 at 1:46 AM, arthurh35353 said:

How do you get this as a macro button? The description of the modder file doesn't explain that either?

Details regarding the installation and use of this menu can be found in this post.

The top post has been edited to include detailed installation instructions, and the CoH modder description has also been edited to include simple instructions.

added instructions

There are multiple means of deploying the popmenu in-game. Given that I had already written an extensive post explaining the installation of and multiple options for deploying the popmenu in-game, linking to that post seemed the most appropriate. I also wanted to show respect both for my audience's ability to read and understand the OP, as well as for the importance of brevity.

Edit: I've added slightly more detailed installation instructions to the top post, and have removed the link to the former instructions.

clarification
  • Like 1

Thanks so much for updating this popmenu. I have been relying on it more and more! With Market Crash being the weekly, I can tell super quick with just a click of the macro who's got that loyalty badge and already earned the free purple, and who still needs to grab the free loot! 

And, as a badger, it's been super useful! 

Now, if there were just a way for the badge name to link to a url that would explain what has to be done to get that badge (for the names I don't recognize). But that's likely not possible, and certainly not expected. But, I can dream. 🙂

• Like 1

Thanks very much for the kind words, and I am glad that you find this menu useful!

39 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Now, if there were just a way for the badge name to link to a url that would explain what has to be done to get that badge (for the names I don't recognize). But that's likely not possible, and certainly not expected. But, I can dream.

That would indeed be nice, but as far as I know it is not possible, at least in terms of it having a URL that would open automatically in one's browser. There are theoretically some options for adding badge acquisition notes into the menu itself, but I think it would alter the look of the menu fairly dramatically, and it would require quite a significant investment of effort and time. Even then, I am not sure how feasible it would be to add enough information to preclude the user from the need to research the HC wiki or the forums, so there would probably always be some degree of needing to visit an external site to fully inform oneself on how best to acquire any given badge.

It might be reasonable to focus on a subset of badges, for example commonly sought badges like defeats and accolades, and provide acquisition notes about just those. Unfortunately I have a lot of irons in the fire at the moment, as they say, and it'll be a while before I think I would have the time to look into something like that. I will consider it, though, once I wrap up my other ongoing projects.

1 hour ago, Vanden said:

You could just have each menu option send a Tell to $name with a description of how to earn the badge.

Yes, that was among my theoretical options mentioned in my prior post, and it would be the least obtrusive to the existing menu layout, but unfortunately the other obstacles still remain.

• 2 weeks later
15 minutes ago, Vanden said:

Why does the menu have entries for badges that the wiki's apparently never heard of, like Avenger and Beta Tester?

Avenger is one of the Issue 26 Page 3 badges added late last year. Beta Tester is available on the Beta servers and was added at the author's discretion for the sake of completeness.

6 hours ago, Vanden said:

Why does the menu have entries for badges that the wiki's apparently never heard of, like Avenger and Beta Tester?

Because the Wiki is only slowly catching up with the changes over the past year and more, and as @AboveTheChemist said, there's already new Badges being added.  He's being thorough and up-to-date, as he should be.

I don't have "Avenger", but I have its companion Badge "Beyond Reasonable Doubt" on a toon.  They're rewarded for the two completion options of Independence Port's Shawna Brown's Level 25-29 Vigilante arc "Dirty Work", added in i26p3.

20201214a.Jacke_Distract.Badge.Beyond_Reasonable_Doubt.thumb.jpg.cde4a2ef69b229793383be65a723f70c.jpg

"Avenger" is also one of 18 Achievement Badges awarded for arcs and challenges that should be Accomplishment Badges.  I'll be putting in a suggestion that arcs and challenges should be united under either Accomplishments or Achievements.

"Beta Tester" sounds related to "Bug Hunter".  I would think it would be handled the same: it's not earned in game but to players working to improve the game, it will likely be at the top of the in-game Accolades listing, and it won't be included in the total Badge count.

Edited by Jacke

2 hours ago, Jakil said:

@AboveTheChemistthanks so much for such an amazing tool, is there currently a way to employ this with the file setup of the new HC launcher? I have it setup on my old PC through Tequila

Thanks for the kind words! I've actually edited in some more detailed instructions into the top post, so if you don't mind scrolling up there and expanding the first section of spoilered text (where it says 'Reveal Hidden Contents'), that should cover everything you need to get it set up under a new HC launcher install. If you have any trouble just let me know.

I have updated the menu according to the following changelog:

Spoiler

21-Apr-2021

• Added thumbtacks for all exploration badges and history plaques
  • Added Complicated and Legendary badges
  • Moved Echo: Rikti Crash Site exploration badges from hero to co-op
  • Moved The Last Word from co-op to praetorian
  • Moved Crash Landed exploration accolade from hero to co-op
  • Re-alphabetized exploration badges sections (primarily moving sections that start with 'The')
  • Uploaded mod to CoH Modder tool as Badge List Menu (v6)

The major addition is the ability to place a thumbtack for any exploration badge or history plaque. Within the zone-specific lists for exploration badge, and within the alignment-specific lists of history plaques, I have added a section under the header 'Place Thumbtack' which allows placement of thumbtacks. Exploration badges are listed individually, and history badges contain sublists of plaques listed by zone. See the screenshots in the spoilered section below for examples.

Spoiler

Exploration badge thumbtacks:

badge_menu_thumbtacks_explore_final.png.7f5d84927851f980f57afaa116a205e6.png

History plaque thumbtacks:

badge_menu_thumbtacks_history_final.png.fde9a68e99e8ac192e8fea8b175841a0.png

Thumbtacks were measured within a hundredth of a foot and should be highly accurate. Exploration badge thumbtacks reference off the top of the badge marker (including hidden badge markers), and history plaque thumbtacks reference off the center of the face of the plaque. I double-checked every badge location, but if anyone notices a badge or plaque location that is in error, please let me know. Thanks!

Edit (June 18 2021): I thought I had mentioned this, but thumbtacks in Mercy Island and Port Oakes may not always work as intended. There is more information in this bug report, but in some areas of these two zones, the navigation waypoint will indicate an incorrect destination. The thumbtack on the mini-map, however, will always indicate the correct destination. I have added some bug warning notes in the appropriate sections that mention this fact.

Added bug warnings for Mercy Island and Port Oakes thumbtacks
  • Like 1

Minor update (in top post) to update the coordinates of the 'Living Dark' badge in Abandoned Sewer Network, which was moved.

Yay! Appreciate 1) having the updated .mnu file so I don't have to deal with my anti-virus warnings from that presumably sketchy modder site. 2) also appreciate the file being so easily accessed from the first post. 

It's really a thankless task that often results in some folks letting their frustrations get the best of them and you have to deal with folks lashing out. (seems that way to me from the outside, anyway) So, I'm thanking you which is something I don't do often enough. 

I did want to share a very, very minor glitch that caused me to panic for a moment. I was checking to ensure I'd copied the new .mnu file over correctly, and I saw that concussed wasn't highlighted. I just knew I had this badge, but was still panicked. I double checked, took a big sigh, then noticed that Top Dog wasn't highlighted either. These seem to be Praetorian titles. Now - in the respective categories - they show as highlighted, only in the alphabetical listing do they not show as highlighted. Very minor, but I found it odd, so figured I'd share it here. 

And holy smokes! You added the option to add a thumbtack! Excellent and praiseworthy! Awesome idea, and great implementation. Just tried it in Siren's Call with great success! 

Edited by Ukase

I sincerely appreciate the kind words, Ukase. It's refreshing to know that folks benefit from my mods. I am also quite happy to see the feedback about the added thumbtack functionality. I had hoped that would be a useful addition but yours is the first feedback I've received regarding that feature.

2 hours ago, Ukase said:

I did want to share a very, very minor glitch that caused me to panic for a moment.

Is that particular character of Primal or Praetorian origin? There are a subset of badges that are technically separate badges dependent on Primal/Praetorian origin, and I think what you are seeing is just a result of how my menu handles those. But, I wanted to verify your character's origin so I'd know for sure. And you mentioned the 'Top Dog' badge but did you actually mean 'Big Dog'? Because 'Big Dog' is one of that subset of badges.

@AboveTheChemist The character in question was not praetorian. Came up hero side. He's at 1548 badges, and to the best of my knowledge, only missing the Nemesis Plot badge to have them all. 

There seem to be a number of badges ONLY in the alphabetical listing that aren't highlighted, aside from Nemesis Plot. I assume now that they are gold side titled badges. But when I was looking for complicated and saw it, but also saw "Concussed" wasn't highlighted, I had a brief moment of panic, as I mentioned. The non-alphabetical listings show all badges but Nemesis Plot as highlighted. 

A very minor thing. I have zero complaints. 

image.png

2 hours ago, Ukase said:

The character in question was not praetorian.

That makes sense, then. 'Concussed' is one of the subset of badges that are Praetorian-only. Most of the Praetorian-only badges are Praetorian achievement badges, but there are a couple of others as well (like V.I.P/Destined One/Praetoria's Son/Daughter). This subset of badges has one badge for Primal characters, and a completely different badge (with different settitle ID and different internal badge tag) for Praetorian characters.

In the alphabetical listing, every single badge name is listed individually, regardless of whether it was a male/female, hero/villain, or primal/Praetorian variant. That is why 'Concussed' isn't highlighted (and why none of the Praetorian-only badges will be highlighted) on your Primal character. In the categorical listing, each badge listed includes all the possible gender/alignment/origin variants and will highlight that badge regardless of which variant you earned. If you look at the badges in the achievement category you'll see that I included sub-menus for assigning the settitle variants according to Primal or Praetorian origin.

The bottom line is that what you see isn't a glitch. The menu is designed to display the badges according to how the game treats them internally, but the particulars of that primal/praetorian subset aren't widely known so it's understandable that it would be a tad confusing.

clarification
  • Like 1

Minor update (in top post) to update the names for 'Battle-Hardened' and 'Proprietor' badges.

Stealth update on June 18, 2021 to add warnings regarding thumbtack bugs in Mercy Island and Port Oakes.

Added bug warnings for Mercy Island and Port Oakes thumbtacks

• 1 month later

Updated (in top post) to add Sinister Summoner badge, update the coordinates (slightly) of the Unabashed badge, and to add an either/or option for Penelope Yin TF/Sister Psyche TF for Task Force Commander checklist. If anyone notices any issues please let me know.

• Thanks 1

Updated (in top post) to add/update badges for i27p3. Please let me know if you notice any issues.

Edit 01-Dec-2021: Updated thumbtack for Vision of Ambition, and corrected name of 'A Light in Dark Astoria'

updated 01-Dec-2021

First, thanks for updating the popmenu list so quickly, and making it available, and EASY to use! 

My method for tracking tends to involve a combination of using Badger https://n15g.github.io/badger/homecoming
in conjunction with the pop menu. 

When I see in the pop menu a badge I'm missing, I'll type the name of that badge in Badger and see what details are there to determine the best method I can to get the badge. 

Unfortunately, I've made a mistake with at least one of my characters. In game, I have 1245 badges. And when I checked off the new Cim badges, I saw that I had 1289! Apparently, at some point in time, I've gotten confused and selected badges as collected that were collected on a different character - I think. 

Brainless, I opted to just delete the character and figured I'd re-enter it. Explorations, History, PVP, and a few other categories were pretty simple. 

Then someone mentioned the import/export function. I could be reading it wrong - but given how Pop Menu determines (with accuracy) what badges my character has, is there a way to export that to Badger? 

• Thanks 1