Blaster TA Oil Slick Arrow

srmalloy

I was doing the PI Fake Nemesis crawl with my Arch/TA Blaster, and I found what appear to be a couple of odd bugs.

First, the two piers on the southeast side of PI are porous to Oil Slick Arrow, but only if you target it. I have a macro to drop Oil Slick Arrow on my current target -- "powexeclocation target Oil Slick Arrow" -- and for most of my loop it was working as I expected; I'd drop the Oil Slick Arrow on a Fake Nemesis, then use a second macro that, with two taps, would target the slick and hit it with Blazing Arrow. However, for targets on the two southeast piers (and the ships berthed between them), if I fired Oil Slick Arrow using a mob as a target, I could hear the oil slick bubbling away, but there was no visual for the slick, no pseudo-pet to target, and the mobs that would be in the area of effect wouldn't notice. If I waited, and shot Oil Slick Arrow again, but used the power icon and targeting circle to place it manually, it works perfectly. And it only does this on the piers on the southeast side of PI; doing this -- on 'solid ground' -- the slick always appears.

Second, when you click on the Oil Slick Arrow icon, your character goes through the animation for shooting the arrow, even if the power is still recharging or you are out of range of the target location. This one is more annoying than breaking anything.

Third, and I don't know whether this is a bug or WAI for blasters if they don't have a fire power in their primary, I was seeing the Fakes running out of the flaming oil slick, so I thought I'd slap down a slow to keep them there, and placed my Oil Slick Arrow to get the oil slick, then targeted it and fired Glue Arrow at the oil slick so they would cover the same area... and the oil slick caught fire. Is Glue Arrow intended to light oil slicks, or is this a bug?

Update: I noticed that I have the Positron's Blast proc slotted in Glue Arrow, so this may be causing it, although the 100% ignite rate is amusing.

Finally, the patch notes state that Glue Arrow in Tactical Arrow was changed to be location-based, but the mouseover text still describes it as "Ranged (targeted AoE)", and when I try to use it, it won't activate unless I have a hostile mob targeted, and the AoE centers on the targeted mob. The description and behavior is correct if the change to make it location-based was reverted before issue 27 was rolled out, and the change wasn't reflected in the patch notes.

Edited by srmalloy

The same problem with the Oil Slick from Oil Slick Arrow not appearing happens when I use the "powexeclocation target Oil Slick Arrow" macro on targets that are on raised catwalks -- when I used it targeting a Warhulk on one of the elevated walkways on the big warehouse building in Crey's Folly SW of the entrance from Brickstown, the sound effects of the oil slick were audible, but the oil slick itself was not present. Using the power as a location power -- click the power, place the targeting circle on the catwalk -- worked normally.

I had a similar issue with an Ouro portal in Grandville dropping below the targeted surface (and thus becoming unusable).

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

• Developer
On 11/27/2020 at 11:15 PM, srmalloy said:

Finally, the patch notes state that Glue Arrow in Tactical Arrow was changed to be location-based, but the mouseover text still describes it as "Ranged (targeted AoE)", and when I try to use it, it won't activate unless I have a hostile mob targeted, and the AoE centers on the targeted mob. The description and behavior is correct if the change to make it location-based was reverted before issue 27 was rolled out, and the change wasn't reflected in the patch notes.

This change was only for the Trick Arrow version of the power, not the Tactical Arrow one.

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

4 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Also the proc in your glue arrow does energy damage, and energy damage will ignite oil slick. I used to use a taser on my way old school TA/Psi Defender back on live to ignite it back in i5 when TA was the new kid on the playground.

What had me confused about it was that the first 34 times I used Glue Arrow on the oil slick, it ignited; I didn't think the proc would be causing it, because it shouldn't be that reliable. It was only after I'd made my first post that it finally failed to trigger.

6 hours ago, srmalloy said:

What had me confused about it was that the first 34 times I used Glue Arrow on the oil slick, it ignited; I didn't think the proc would be causing it, because it shouldn't be that reliable. It was only after I'd made my first post that it finally failed to trigger.

That's pretty much how all procs work believe it or not.

On 12/2/2020 at 2:38 PM, Bionic_Flea said:

Meteor replaced sound cannon . . . hmmmmm . . . .

Hinting at some sort of Earth Blast set, perhaps? Or maybe buffs for Hurl and Hurl Boulder? I know Super Strength and Stone Melee are likely up for some changes.

2 hours ago, Vanden said:

Hinting at some sort of Earth Blast set, perhaps? Or maybe buffs for Hurl and Hurl Boulder? I know Super Strength and Stone Melee are likely up for some changes.

My guess, a photo hint is always for a new power of a new set as opposed to a revamped power. I would assume a new set, like Earth Blast

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn