Winter Event Badges

Glacier Peak

8 for exploration badges.  History plaques not so much. So while we might have missed a plaque it's also entirely possible we didn't.  What IS interesting is that most, if not all (?) history plaques are cross zoned, so all the plaques we have in KW may not all be linked to each other.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

On 12/7/2020 at 11:46 AM, Darmian said:

8 for exploration badges.  History plaques not so much. So while we might have missed a plaque it's also entirely possible we didn't.  What IS interesting is that most, if not all (?) history plaques are cross zoned, so all the plaques we have in KW may not all be linked to each other.

Hmm, they COULD link  them to currently unaligned plaques elsewhere, like the plaque in Faultline for instance.  

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

On 12/1/2020 at 2:14 PM, Lunchmoney said:

Any tips on the ski runs? I never could get them during the old days.

I did this back in the day with no outside help (no kinetics assistance) and no second build, only using Combat Jumping to increase maneuverability.

My method was to MEMORIZE the run.  I found that counting the gates OUT LOUD made it easier to memorize which way I had to go so I could start my turns before reaching each gate.

After getting the badges, I had a kin use Speed Boost and Inertial Reduction and, with the course memorized, I was able to get into the top 3 times on the leaderboard.

Having said that, my plan now is to start off with Inertial Reduction as it really does make it a lot easier.

• Thumbs Up 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Speed used to scale by level, too. If it's a new toon you would sidekick on top of having a kin. 

Isn't speed universal now (as in it no longer scales level 1 to 50?)

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

15 hours ago, Ironblade said:

I did this back in the day with no outside help (no kinetics assistance) and no second build, only using Combat Jumping to increase maneuverability.

My method was to MEMORIZE the run.  I found that counting the gates OUT LOUD made it easier to memorize which way I had to go so I could start my turns before reaching each gate.

After getting the badges, I had a kin use Speed Boost and Inertial Reduction and, with the course memorized, I was able to get into the top 3 times on the leaderboard.

Having said that, my plan now is to start off with Inertial Reduction as it really does make it a lot easier.

Any advice on the “upper” run that’s more of a luge than the slalom?  I managed to get the slalom badges a few months ago (fun fact: it doesn’t have to be the Winter Event to get that badge), but I can’t manage to stay on the advanced trail (I think it is).  I keep sliding off the side and falling, and that’s it for any hope of hitting the time limit for the badges.  

1 hour ago, Zhym said:

Any advice on the “upper” run that’s more of a luge than the slalom?  I managed to get the slalom badges a few months ago (fun fact: it doesn’t have to be the Winter Event to get that badge), but I can’t manage to stay on the advanced trail (I think it is).  I keep sliding off the side and falling, and that’s it for any hope of hitting the time limit for the badges.  

I actually found this one to be easier since you don't have to memorize your turns to plan them in advance; you can SEE where you need to go.  There are only a couple of decisions to make.

As I recall, the biggest help here is some form of 'air control' because you get going pretty fast and you can't let momentum make your decisions for you.  Just like on the ski run, Inertial Reduction is a big help.  You need to actually steer to stay on the track or your speed will flip you right off the edge.

On a side note, since they changed the timing of the Teleport activation and animation, I wonder if teleporting along either of these courses is a viable method.  I have not tried this.

• Thanks 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

11 hours ago, Ironblade said:

On a side note, since they changed the timing of the Teleport activation and animation, I wonder if teleporting along either of these courses is a viable method.  I have not tried this.

With the fly speed boost, I've gotten silver medal times on the luge course just by flying. Flight's a bit slower than doing it properly, but you can go off-course and cut corners. Maybe if I maxed out flight speed (not a big deal, one 50 Fly IO each in Fly and Evasive... very feasible to do with unslotters... I might actually try this...) I could shave off the last few seconds.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

Added, thanks for the catch!

Also, i suppose the exploration "Trucker" badge use to be considered a winter event badge as well, since that was the only time the Ski zone was opened up and it was available. Didn't know if you wanted to add that to the list as well. 

7 minutes ago, FalchonTheJedi said:

Also, i suppose the exploration "Trucker" badge use to be considered a winter event badge as well, since that was the only time the Ski zone was opened up and it was available. Didn't know if you wanted to add that to the list as well. 

It technically wasn't ever locked behind the winter event door, even back on live. Check out my signature of a Pocket D zone tour using a hole in the Tiki Room to get out of the main building. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

12 hours ago, Placta said:

With the fly speed boost, I've gotten silver medal times on the luge course just by flying. Flight's a bit slower than doing it properly, but you can go off-course and cut corners. Maybe if I maxed out flight speed (not a big deal, one 50 Fly IO each in Fly and Evasive... very feasible to do with unslotters... I might actually try this...) I could shave off the last few seconds.

Confirmed. I could probably get another couple seconds off if I tried.

image.png.31236ebef22f0f91f1abffd1a6fa8866.png

Edit: The other slope is even easier. Didn't even need Afterburner.

Edited by Placta
  • Thumbs Up 3

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

Just a note, if you miss Snaptooth in Father Time's mission, the Snaptooth that shows up in DJ Zero's mission during Valentine's Day also counts.  You'll get another chance soon enough if you hate dragging that baby around.

• Thanks 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

9 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Just a note, if you miss Snaptooth in Father Time's mission, the Snaptooth that shows up in DJ Zero's mission during Valentine's Day also counts.  You'll get another chance soon enough if you hate dragging that baby around.

I completed that mission once for the badge, then ran it four more times, logging out to reset the mission after defeating Snaptooth each time.  That smart-ass baby with low perception can find his own way back.

• Haha 1

On 12/2/2021 at 2:38 AM, Placta said:

Hallelujah.  I was getting darn tired of sliding off the track.  My badger doesn't have flight powers, just a jump pack, but I'm fairly certain it took less time for me to make a cheap flight-maxed second build than learning to handle that course would have.

Badges? New badges! Right, I'm back to bash my beef up then!   I see people are talking about how to do the ski courses; I did videos for all of them back on live, just before it sadly shut down. I gather the times are nowhere near the fastest these days, but enough to get the Gold at least.

As described there; "I'm using a special build for these races; Super Speed, Super Jump, Acrobatics (for mid air movement) and Sprint all 6 slotted for speed, but not jumping as you want to stay in contact with the snow as much as possible."  

Bunny Course/Expert Slope I go through it slowly to show where all the gates are... the hardest jump is the one with the small drop; you want to be turning as soon as you pass the prior gate. I've seen people do little hops there but I find staying down easier.

On the Ski slope, you want to turn ahead of time for the corners, and use inertia to curve you through them, so you dont lose speed scraping the sides. Aim over the inner wall basically, note my cowracter is looking ahead of the corner. Always go left on the ski slope, it's the fastest route. When you get to the first hops (10s in) don't jump and stay on the right so you don't nudge the roof as you go under. For the second hops (28s) do a little hop as you'll clip the floor and lose a little time if you don't.

It took me ages to get the right hand course down, but you can make it by holding left until you pass the track (you see it flash by around 23s), then holding right and it'll line you up with the next part.

Edited by BovineAvenger
  • Thanks 2

• 11 months later
5 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I'd wager the Homecoming developer team are taking some well deserved time off after dropping two pages so close together. Or real life got in the way of things.

There is no way it takes more than 10 minutes to add a new winter event badge to the game. Whatever they did a year ago, copy paste but ctrl-f and replace the name.

10 hours ago, Zhym said:

The Winter Event seems to be live, but I don't see any new badge yet.

There aren't any new badges.

3 hours ago, Sister Corruption said:

There is no way it takes more than 10 minutes to add a new winter event badge to the game. Whatever they did a year ago, copy paste but ctrl-f and replace the name.

Perhaps, but the Homecoming team went on sabbatical immediately after the Page 5 launch until January to recharge.

• Thumbs Up 1

I get that the HC team is on vacation, and [insert standard comment here about being grateful that the game is even around to play].  But the Winter Event login badge is an annual tradition going back to 2005.  If there really isn’t going to be one his year, it feels a little bit like neglect.

• Thumbs Up 1