Winter Event Badges

Glacier Peak

It's that time of year....

WINTER EVENT BADGES!!!

For many players of yore, the winter event brought not just presents and giant XP laden snow monsters, but also a time to team up and enjoy the company of others collecting badges and throwing snowballs.

This year all of those badges are returning, with a newcomer in the mix. In order to consolidate all of those badges in to one convenient place, I have included all relevant details about these badges and how to acquire them (in no particular order, though the badges that are purchased at Candy Keeper are highlighted yellow). All Winter Event badges are awarded to both Hero, Villain, and Praetorian, as well as Rogue & Vigilante alignment. Some of these badges are available year round as well, so I marked them with a red asterisks. If you keen eyes notice any errors, please feel free to let me know and I will edit the original post. Good luck badgers!

==================================================================================================================

License to Chill - New to 2021! This badge is awarded for logging in during the winter event.

Snowbound* - This badge was awarded for logging in during the 2020 winter event. It can now can be purchased from the Candy Keeper for 25 Candy Canes and 30,000 influence

Cold Front Badge*This badge is available for purchase from the Candy Keeper for 25 Candy Canes and 30,000 influence.

Festive Badge*This badge is available for purchase from the Candy Keeper for 25 Candy Canes and 30,000 influence.

Frostbitten Badge*This badge is available for purchase from the Candy Keeper for 25 Candy Canes and 30,000 influence.

Gifted Badge*This badge is available for purchase from the Candy Keeper for 25 Candy Canes and 30,000 influence.

Holiday Spirit/Scrooge Badge*This badge is available for purchase from the Candy Keeper for 25 Candy Canes and 30,000 influence.

Longbow Reservist/Jet-Setter Badge*This badge is available for purchase from the Candy Keeper for 25 Candy Canes and 30,000 influence.

Miraculous Badge*This badge is one of the four reward options for completing Father Time's mission the Winter Event. (It is also available for purchase from the Candy Keeper for 20 Candy Canes and 5,000 influence).

Joyful Badge*This badge is one of the four reward options for completing Father Time's mission the Winter Event. (It is also available for purchase from the Candy Keeper for 20 Candy Canes and 5,000 influence).

Qualified Badge* - This badge is awarded for Skiing down the Timed Expert Ski Course slopes in the Ski Chalet between 35 and 44.99 seconds.

Accelerated Badge* - This badge is awarded for Skiing down the Timed Expert Ski Course slopes in the Ski Chalet in between 25 and 34.99 seconds.

Speed Demon Badge* - This badge is awarded for Skiing down the Timed Expert Ski Course slopes in the Ski Chalet in 24.99 seconds or less.

Surefooted Badge* - This badge is awarded for Skiing down the Advanced Timed Ski Course slopes in the Ski Chalet with a time of 1:10:00 or less.

Agile Badge* - This badge is awarded for Skiing down the Advanced Timed Ski Course slopes in the Ski Chalet with a time of 1:00:00 or less.

Speeder Badge* - This badge is awarded for Skiing down the Advanced Timed Ski Course slopes in the Ski Chalet with a time of 00:50:00 or less.

Lord/Lady of Winter Badge - This badge is awarded for defeating Lord Winter during the Winter Event. (Lord Winter's Realm is a Winter-themed co-op trial. This trial requires 12 to 36 characters of level 10 or greater and can be accessed via the Team-Up Teleporter in the LFG Window, a selection on the Chat Window.)

Cold as Ice Badge - This badge is awarded for completing the "Defeat Lady Winter!" mission from Father Time.

Cold Warrior Badge - This badge is awarded for defeating 100 snow creatures in either Paragon City, the Rogue Isles, OR Praetoria.

Frozen Fury Badge - This badge is awarded for defeating the Winter Lord in either Paragon City, the Rogue Isles, OR Praetoria

Toy Collector Badge - This badge is awarded by opening a total of 200 presents spread throughout Paragon City, the Rogue Isles, OR Praetoria

Snow Beast Badge - This badge is awarded earning the Toy Collector Badge.

Crystallized Badge - This badge is one of the four reward options for completing Father Time's mission the Winter Event.

Frosty Badge - This badge is one of the four reward options for completing Father Time's mission the Winter Event. 

Gift Getter Badge - This badge is awarded for receiving a Duplicating Gift from another player when you don't already have one.

Gift Which Keeps Giving Badge - This badge is awarded for giving a Duplicating Gift to another player who doesn't already have one.

Toothbreaker Badge - This badge is awarded for defeating Snaptooth five times during one of Father Times missions. No progress bar reported. Note: if you miss Snaptooth in Father Time's mission, the Snaptooth that shows up in DJ Zero's mission during Valentine's Day also counts.  You'll get another chance soon enough if you hate dragging that baby around.

Red Cap Gladiator Badge - This badge is earned by earning the Toothbreaker Badge.

Edited by Glacier Peak
Forgot Praetoria!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

make a 2nd cheap build and 6 slots hurdle, swift, spring which ever power you feel like having to add more movement and jump speed.

the idea is to hard cap both. Easily achievable if you 6 slot those, w/out sb.

then you only need to practice.... a lot...

At least it's how I managed those badges.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, xeaon said:

make a 2nd cheap build and 6 slots hurdle, swift, spring which ever power you feel like having to add more movement and jump speed.

the idea is to hard cap both. Easily achievable if you 6 slot those, w/out sb.

then you only need to practice.... a lot...

At least it's how I managed those badges.

Exactly what I did. Many attempts were made. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

5 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

File:Badge event Snaptooth.png Toothbreaker Badge - This badge is awarded for defeating Snaptooth five times during one of Father Times missions.

I don't know if this badge is supposed to have a progress bar, but it didn't for me (neither in Events nor Closest to Completion). It does award as expected.

Also, earning this badge awards the Red Cap gladiator.

• Like 1

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

6 hours ago, Lunchmoney said:

Any tips on the ski runs? I never could get them during the old days.

It gets a lot easier to maneuver down the slopes when you're using a power that provides some air control, like Combat Jumping, Super Jump, Ninja Run, etc. From what I recall when the event first came out, it's because the slipping controls in CoH are a bit of a hack and mechanically are more like falling with style. So anything that lets you move around easier in the air will also let you move around easier on slippery surfaces. Or something like that.

• Like 2

• City Council
16 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

File:Badge winter event 01.pngCold Warrior Badge - This badge is awarded for defeating 100 snow creatures in either Paragon City or the Rogue Isles.

File:Badge winter event 02.png Frozen Fury Badge - This badge is awarded for defeating the Winter Lord in either Paragon City or the Rogue Isles.

Guide writers hate Praetorians.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Faultline said:

Guide writers hate Praetorians.

As do Wiki writers (teasing @thunderforce!) Especially when they show up and announce "Hey, I can do this thing!  And did you know...etc"

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

19 hours ago, Lunchmoney said:

Any tips on the ski runs? I never could get them during the old days.

Get a pocket Kin (or hope one is at the ski chalet) and have them use Inertial Reduction on you. Jump speed and control are actually the most important things to have when doing the slopes.

Use the mouse to steer, and know when you need to jump or turn before you have to. Having to constantly course correct on the fly is what messes up most runs!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Acrimon said:

Last night I did the Defeat Lord Winter event with a full league. We beat him normally with plenty of time to spare. Got the merits. But - no Lord of Winter Badge. Has this happened to anyone else?

From what I remember, in order to get credit for a badge your team (not league) has to do at least 10% of the damage done to the giant monster. When working as a league its important to try to balance the teams to make sure that each team does enough damage to get the badge.

I know in a previous Homecoming patch they removed this requirement from Jack and Eochai in Croatoa because they would often damage each other enough to prevent anyone from getting the badge, but I'm not sure if that change was also applied to other giant monsters. And if it was, it's possible they forgot to change the holiday event monsters.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Acrimon said:

Last night I did the Defeat Lord Winter event with a full league. We beat him normally with plenty of time to spare. Got the merits. But - no Lord of Winter Badge. Has this happened to anyone else?

NOT 100% but l think alignment has messed with it before. Hero or villain... 

Edited by Leo Darkheart

23 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I haven't tested this in any praetorian zones, does this mean they spawn gold side? 😅

Yes they do, so do the presents. I mapped the Praetorian zones last year along with Kallisti Wharf 🙂

EDIT: in fact I just got done expanding the Kallisti Map  I made into a bigger and better version that shows:

1. the map badge

2. The 2 plaques and 3 wall plaques

3. All holiday present locations that I have found

4. the 6 locations where Eochai/Jack would spawn during Halloween.

Edited by Voltor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 alts with all the badges!

There are 7 plaques in Kallisti Wharf that I know of.

Here's the LOCs I have for them. (1) 7204.4/46.8/3580.3 (2) 7135.9/56.7/2649.5 (3) 5873.6/97.6/2107.7 (4) 3270.8/102.8/2714.3 (5) 1867.0/57.5/3607.1 (6) 404.3/66.1/4053.1 and (7) 5783.7/47.2/4698.6

Edited by Darmian

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

6 hours ago, Darmian said:

There are 7 plaques in Kallisti Wharf that I know of.

Here's the LOCs I have for them. (1) 7204.4/46.8/3580.3 (2) 7135.9/56.7/2649.5 (3) 5873.6/97.6/2107.7 (4) 3270.8/102.8/2714.3 (5) 1867.0/57.5/3607.1 (6) 404.3/66.1/4053.1 and (7) 5783.7/47.2/4698.6

One of the 5 i found is at 1309/15.9/922.7

3270.8/102.8/2714.3   7204.4/46.8/3580.3  7135.9/56.7/2649.5  5873.6/97.6/2107.7  these 4  i had mapped already plus the one I listed above

New ones thanks to your coordinates: 1867.0/57.5/3607.1, 404.3/66.1/4053.1, 5783.7/47.2/4698.6

So total of 8:  3 wall plaques plus one on the ground on the west island,   1 ground plaque and 2 wall plaques on the east island,  and one on the ground on the center island.

Has anyone found any other ground or wall plaques in Kallisti Wharf?  

If you have found one not listed above,  please PM me a screen shot of it with your map open on the screen shot along with coordinates.  I'll check it out and add it to the map I've been working on. 

Thanks in advance!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Voltor said:

3270.8/102.8/2714.3   7204.4/46.8/3580.3  7135.9/56.7/2649.5  5873.6/97.6/2107.7  these 4  i had mapped already plus the one I listed above

New ones thanks to your coordinates: 1867.0/57.5/3607.1, 404.3/66.1/4053.1, 5783.7/47.2/4698.6

So total of 8:  3 wall plaques plus one on the ground on the west island,   1 ground plaque and 2 wall plaques on the east island,  and one on the ground on the center island.

If you have found one not listed above,  please PM me a screen shot of it with your map open on the screen shot along with coordinates.  I'll check it out and add it to the map I've been working on. 

Thanks in advance!

Has anyone put these on the HC wiki page yet?

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

10 hours ago, Voltor said:

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for this!  I missed that one in the stadium!

Judging by the numbers and positioning of the plaques,   I suspect there is still one on the eastern half that has yet to be discovered.

4 on the west island,  1 in the center island, and only 3 on the eastern?  Feels like there should be a 4th over there.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Voltor said:

Judging by the numbers and positioning of the plaques,   I suspect there is still one on the eastern half that has yet to be discovered.

4 on the west island,  1 in the center island, and only 3 on the eastern?  Feels like there should be a 4th over there.

8 is the magic number for most things in game.