The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Gunner's Guide to Modern Teleport Powers (post-I27)

Shenanigunner

Updated 2021-01-23

image.thumb.png.795f5f612ecb80efa7312a3e3903f1ae.png

This chart has been assembled from a variety of sources, relying primarily on the current Info text for each power and in-game testing of actions, times etc. It can be considered to supersede all other current information sources, including the patch notes, wiki and (in some cases) even the powers' Info data. Note that this is only the pool/prestige/temporary TP powers, and not those included in the Teleport and other power sets.

Notes

• Base portals and the Ouroboros portal summoned by these powers no longer vanish when the summoner uses them. They persist, and can be used by any alt, for the duration specified.
  • The Monitor Duty and Rapid Response Portal powers appear to be earned simultaneously, by logging out near base portals, and earn new uses in parallel by doing the same thing. The RRM power appears to lag getting the accolade, however, for unknown reasons.

Ouroboros Portal

• The Ouro portal power can be obtained in several ways. The simplest is to dive through an Ouro portal. While you're at it, climb up the gnomon (big arc over the pool) to obtain the exploration badge.
  • For the record, return transit from Ouroboros can be to any of the following zones (hero/villain limitations apply):
    • Atlas Park
    • Independence Port
    • Talos Island
    • Founder's Falls
    • Peregrine Island
    • Cap Au Diable
    • Sharkhead Isle
    • St. Martial
    • Nerva Archipelago
    • Grandville
  • And while we're at it, the only way to get to the Echo Zones is via the Ouro portal at the rear of the building in Ouroboros. (Base transport beacons were removed in I27.)

Long Range Teleporter

• The Long Range Teleporter is unlocked when an alt collects all exploration badges in a single zone for that zone's accolade badge. (Atlas Park and Mercy Island are the easiest, hint hint.) It can also be purchased from P2W if you find 1M Inf easier than hunting a few badges.
  • After that, collecting any one exploration badge in any zone adds that zone to the LRTP's list of target zones.
  • The LRTP can also be unlocked by spending one hour in Pocket D to obtain the Pocket D Gold VIP badge.
  • The Pocket D beacon is unlocked if you gain the LRTP by getting the Pocket D badge. If you get the power any other way, you must unlock the Pocket D beacon by getting one of the two zone exploration badges. (Go for the Trucker one, daredevils.)

LRTP Beacons

The available Long Range TP zone beacons are (currently) as follows. Each can be obtained by collecting any one exploration badge in that zone.

• Inherent
    • Your SG Base
    • SG Base via passcode — note that base-entry macros will work in this menu
    • Pocket D — may need to be unlocked
  • Paragon City
    • Atlas Park
    • Kings Row
    • The Hollows
    • Perez Park
    • Skyway City
    • Steel Canyon
    • Boomtown
    • Faultline
    • Talos Island
    • Striga Isle
    • Independence Port
    • Terra Volta
    • Croatoa
    • Brickstown
    • Crey's Folly
    • Founders' Falls
    • Eden
    • Peregrine Island
    • Rikti War Zone
    • Kallisti Wharf — note odd grouping for this one
    • Dark Astoria
  • Rogue Isles
    • Mercy Island
    • Port Oakes
    • Cap Au Diable
    • Sharkhead Isle
    • Nerva Archipelago
    • St. Martial
    • Grandville
  • Praetoria
    • Nova Praetoria
    • Imperial City
    • Neutropolis
    • First Ward
    • Night Ward
  • Shadow Shard
    • Firebase Zulu
    • Cascade Archipelago
    • The Chantry
    • The Storm Palace

Obsolete TP Powers

• The Pocket D VIP transporter has been removed with I27. The Long Range TP power has a Pocket D option, though.
  • The many auction house TP powers may not be earnable by new alts any more, but if you had earned uses remaining, you can keep the power until they are exhausted. Some auction house teleport powers can still be obtained as temporary powers.

The Base Entry Macro

• The short-lived, beloved "zap to base from anywhere, any time, no penalties" command/macro is no more. Well, it exists, but it was greatly nerfed from Dev/God power to something less game-breaking.
  • It is still very convenient to create a macro for entry to your own SG base, if you have one. A good second choice is to use any SG base that publicizes their entry code and doesn't mind guest users. The original promoter of this power/macro/buff was the Cosmic Transport SG, which built a base with every portal and home feature you'd want. The macro definition below uses their base code. You can substitute your own or others, or even have multiple macros if you like.
  • Clicking this macro icon while within a few feet of any base portal will instantly transport you to the corresponding SG base, without having to click through the "Your Base/Enter Passcode" menu. This also works when the LRTP menu is open.
  • Other macro icons can be selected from the massive list of power icons (found on the website in the sig, and elsewhere). I picked a pretty and unusual one here.
/macro_image DilemmaDiabolique_Diabolique_ShadowTeleport "TP to SG" enterbasefrompasscode COSMICTRANSPORT-6608

A version of this post with a reproducible version of the chart will be found at the Heroica! website in the sig.

Corrections, updates and suggestions welcome. I'm just sorta kinda surprised no one has created this short, accurate chart in the months since I27! 😛

Edited by Shenanigunner
See update note at beginning of post
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Great guide!

14 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

The Base Entry Macro

• Clicking this macro icon while within a few feet of any base portal will instantly transport you to the corresponding SG base, without having to click through the "Your Base/Enter Passcode" menu.

It might be worth pointing out explicitly that base macros also function when the LRT window is open.  This still seems to be something that a lot of people don't realise.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

3 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

It might be worth pointing out explicitly that base macros also function when the LRT window is open.  This still seems to be something that a lot of people don't realise.

Good point. Yes, the /enterbasefrompasscode power works any time you are within clicky-distance of a base portal, including ones called with TP powers, and also whenever the "Your Base/Enter Passcode" menu is open, including the LRTP menu.

I really wish there was some way to "preload" the base TP powers, so that you could write a single macro that would activate the power and use the passcode simultaneously. That's the only thing I miss from the "God TP" version. But having a base macro, or several of them, on which you can do a quick click to enter the base of your choice once the option is there, is a good second.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Does anyone know SPECIFICALLY when the Fast Travel power/icon/menu drops? It does not appear to drop when you have only Monitor or RR TP, but when you get any other power in the list — Ouro or LRTP. Not sure about the P2W powers. Confirm?

10 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

Does anyone know SPECIFICALLY when the Fast Travel power/icon/menu drops? It does not appear to drop when you have only Monitor or RR TP, but when you get any other power in the list — Ouro or LRTP. Not sure about the P2W powers. Confirm?

It's a popmenu so technically it's available at all times (even prior to earning any of the associated teleport powers) using the /popmenu command or by binding it to a keybind or macro. As to when the macro button is granted 'naturally' in-game, I don't know with 100% certainty but one could hop on the beta server and /badge_grant some of the likely candidate badges (i.e. Passport, the day job accolades, Entrusted With The Secret) and note if/when the Fast Travel macro button becomes available.

• 2 weeks later

This came up in-game...

I'd appreciate any and all feedback about which transporters allow access to 'Board Transit' mission destinations. Apparently some do, some don't and some are selective.

If you get a BT mission, burning some TP uses to see which ones list it would be a huge help!

Edited by Shenanigunner
  • Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 3:21 PM, Shenanigunner said:

I'd appreciate any and all feedback about which transporters allow access to 'Board Transit' mission destinations. Apparently some do, some don't and some are selective.

If you get a BT mission, burning some TP uses to see which ones list it would be a huge help!

What will make this tricky is that some "board transit" missions are different than others.  During the Market Crash TF, for example, there is a board transit mission that won't offer an option to enter from the Oro portal in Oroborous, which will work for other "board transit" missions.  You actually have to get to a tram somewhere.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Scientist said:

What will make this tricky is that some "board transit" missions are different than others.

Okay, thanks. I've gotten hints that not all transit missions are the same, so I can note that. Trying to snag a BT mission on my main, which is the only one that has all the transporters. Hopefully I will be able to run through the set and see which ones pretend to be trains.

• 2 months later

"Silly vehicle"  😃

Great guide!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

An excellent meta-analysis of the many TP options!

Would you be interested in adding the Incarnate power Destiny: Incandescence?

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

You know things have gone too far when a post entitled “guide to modern teleport powers” doesn’t cover any powers from the actual Teleport power pool. They’ve made the tram, TUNNEL, and even Ouro (to a lesser extent, for non-Ouro content) obsolete. These were basic game elements.  I was going to rant on further, but I don’t want to post-hijack (any more than I already have) so I’ll go post it in general. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later
On 3/30/2021 at 11:04 AM, dtj714 said:

You know things have gone too far when a post entitled “guide to modern teleport powers” doesn’t cover any powers from the actual Teleport power pool. They’ve made the tram, TUNNEL, and even Ouro (to a lesser extent, for non-Ouro content) obsolete. These were basic game elements.  I was going to rant on further, but I don’t want to post-hijack (any more than I already have) so I’ll go post it in general. 

I've had TP since my first alt (this one). The powers are well explained and don't really need much of a guide.

it's all these extra, buy-this, win-this, accolade-granted, half-nerfed powers that needed sorting out.

• 1 month later
On 1/15/2021 at 8:38 AM, Shenanigunner said:

Does anyone know SPECIFICALLY when the Fast Travel power/icon/menu drops?

The icon shows in the Powers list after gaining any of the portals on its list. Oro for example will immediately create the Fast Travel pop menu within the Powers List. Or one could purchase any of the TP powers from P2W. Most don't notice it till the accolade for the first area is achieved granting the Long Range Teleporter (LRT) which of course being on the list causes it to be created.

Edit---

How rude of me to forget to say thank you.

Edited by Pouncy

An Ounce of Pounce is worth a Pound of Bounce.

2 minutes ago, Pouncy said:

The icon shows in the Powers list after gaining any of the portals on its list. Oro for example will immediately create the Fast Travel pop menu within the Powers List. Or one could purchase any of the TP powers from P2W.

Thanks! I forget why I originally asked this but I dimly recall having some of the powers without getting the FT icon and menu. But then, I had one alt that took at least twice as long to get some of the accolades, too... not entirely sure the system is entirely linear and predictable. 🙂

I would like to add that the /enterbasefrompasscode works just fin inside a base and one can skip around all day between them never touching the LRT or leaving the base.

I really would like to know the command parameters for the LRT to select a specific destination.  I would love to create a macro "powexecname Long range teleporter Kings row" or something like it.

I do have a swift macro to call the base portal or the SG portal baught from the P2W, and then a second click to port to base via the still useful /enterbasefrompasscode.

Just dreaming but It would also be nice if the pop window could be positioned and saved (as well as many other windows like the costume, Incarnates...) But it and other windows are not referenced in the WDW so unless they put that in one of the Json files they use now for a few settings I don't currently see a way to snap it into a position.  Wonder if I could edit or create my own Json for it.

Edited by Pouncy

An Ounce of Pounce is worth a Pound of Bounce.

• 5 months later
On 1/15/2021 at 9:16 AM, Shenanigunner said:

I really wish there was some way to "preload" the base TP powers, so that you could write a single macro that would activate the power and use the passcode simultaneously.

Annnnd... wish granted, with the new/rediscovered Press-Release binds. Voilá:

/bind CTRL+B "+$$powexecname [TP POWER HERE]$$enterbasefrompasscode CODE-1234"

...works with the three "instant" teleporter powers:

• Base Portal
  • Monitor Duty Teleporter
  • Long Range Teleporter

and

/bind CTRL+B "+$$powexeclocation 0:5 [TP POWER HERE]$$enterbasefrompasscode CODE-1234"

...works with the "place portal" teleporter powers:

• Supergroup Portal
  • Rapid Response Portal

Just edit one version of the bind for each base 'porter you want to use, include your own passcode, and done.

Press... pause a beat... Release and you're in your base.

Does not work with macros, sorry.

Edited by Shenanigunner
Lil' oopsies in the bind strings.
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

And I just found a nice little... bonus, no it's not an exploit, in this.

If you buy the Base Transporter (1m Inf) and use it for this, you don't use up any of the chargeable TP powers. (I went from 30 to 15 just testing the binds a little). But wait, there's more... if you use Base Transporter, the bind seems to reset the power without a cooldown. That is, you fire the bind, Base Teleporter goes into ready mode, but apparently does not actually "fire" and go to cooldown after the base entry code is triggered.

Free TP. Bwah-ha-hahhh.

Also, I've found the Tilde key ideal for this — out of the way, but easy to hit and even easier to press-wait-release than a shifted key. Thus:

/bind TILDE "+$$powexecname Base Transporter$$enterbasefrompasscode CODE-1234"

And boy, writing these binds has been a PITA because half the powers use "Teleporter" and the other half use "Transporter." Grrrr.

ETA: the 'no cooldown' is very sensitive to the length of the button press. It seems that you have to hold the key down long enough for the transporter to engage, then release and enter the base before the power realizes it's been called. Sorta. Hold the key too long, and it's a full cooldown period.

Edited by Shenanigunner