Calling all Corruptors!

StriderIV

2 hours ago, Carnifax said:

Here's my Fire/Nature. Debated for ages whether I wanted to be Corruptor or Defender. Went Corruptor and mid-20s now, but still doubting myself. 

Reveal hidden contents

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.6
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

FIRE NATURE MACE: Level 50 Magic Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Fire Blast
Secondary Power Set: Nature Affinity
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Fire Blast -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(5), SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(5), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Corrosive Enzymes -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(A), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(11), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(11)
Level 4: Regrowth -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(15), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(15), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(17), Pnc-Heal(51)
Level 6: Rain of Fire -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(19), Artl-Dam/Rech(21), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(21), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(23), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(23)
Level 8: Wild Growth -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-ResDam(27)
Level 10: Spore Cloud -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A)
Level 12: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 14: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(27)
Level 16: Lifegiving Spores -- PrfShf-End%(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(29)
Level 18: Blaze -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(29), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 20: Wild Bastion -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(33), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(33), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(34), NmnCnv-Heal(34), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(50)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(34)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(36), Rct-Def/EndRdx(36), Rct-Def(36)
Level 26: Blazing Bolt -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(37), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(37), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(37), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 28: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 30: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(39), UnbGrd-ResDam(39), UnbGrd-Max HP%(40), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(40), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 32: Inferno -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(43)
Level 35: Entangling Aura -- Lck-Acc/Hold(A), Lck-Acc/Rchg(43), Lck-Rchg/Hold(45), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(45), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(45), Lck-%Hold(46)
Level 38: Overgrowth -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(46)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(46), RedFrt-Def(47)
Level 44: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(48), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 47: Spirit Ward -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 49: Rune of Protection -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(49), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(50), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Scourge 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(13)
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
------------

I have a dark/storm corr that I made to go with my name who is level 40 and am now wondering if I should re-roll her as a defender to make the debuffing more potent. x_x

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

20 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I have a dark/storm corr that I made to go with my name who is level 40 and am now wondering if I should re-roll her as a defender to make the debuffing more potent. x_x

I bit the bullet and rolled the Def version on my alt account and powerlevelled him to 30. Haven't actually played him yet though. I bet I'll be playing him thinking "I miss scourge"

35 minutes ago, Carnifax said:

I bit the bullet and rolled the Def version on my alt account and powerlevelled him to 30. Haven't actually played him yet though. I bet I'll be playing him thinking "I miss scourge"

Hrm, thinking I may roll up a defender version, and if I like it better, just swap the name to  the defender and delete  the corr. Biggest issue I've had with the combo is trying to find builds.  I just don't know how to do that kind of stuff and even if I sit and stare at Mids, I feel like I'll just end up screwing it up because I don't really know what I'm supposed to be doing with all the stats and powers and info and such. 

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

6 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Hrm, thinking I may roll up a defender version, and if I like it better, just swap the name to  the defender and delete  the corr. Biggest issue I've had with the combo is trying to find builds.  I just don't know how to do that kind of stuff and even if I sit and stare at Mids, I feel like I'll just end up screwing it up because I don't really know what I'm supposed to be doing with all the stats and powers and info and such. 

There are a lot of ways to build, but I usually have two priorities on a corruptor or defender. First, I want both softcapped range defense (45% or higher) and softcapped defense to either melee or S/L. Then I want to build for global recharge, so that my nuke and my best buffs are up as often as possible.

There are other ways to build. You might not care about having two softcapped defenses if you always stay at range or if you always play on a full team with lots of defense buffs from teammates. I like to get into the fray, and I play all my toons both solo and on teams, and my reflexes are lousy, so I value defense.

Edited by Bastille Boy
typo
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Darkir said:

If I was to make a "building corruptors guide" would there be enough interest to warrant the effort? 

Would you guys find something like that beneficial?

I totally would

On 2/5/2021 at 1:44 PM, Carnifax said:

Here's my Fire/Nature. Debated for ages whether I wanted to be Corruptor or Defender. Went Corruptor and mid-20s now, but still doubting myself. 

Reveal hidden contents

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.6

FIRE NATURE MACE: Level 50 Magic Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Fire Blast
Secondary Power Set: Nature Affinity

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Fire Blast -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(5), SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(5), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Corrosive Enzymes -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(A), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(11), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(11)
Level 4: Regrowth -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(15), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(15), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(17), Pnc-Heal(51)
Level 6: Rain of Fire -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(19), Artl-Dam/Rech(21), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(21), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(23), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(23)
Level 8: Wild Growth -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-ResDam(27)
Level 10: Spore Cloud -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A)
Level 12: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 14: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(27)
Level 16: Lifegiving Spores -- PrfShf-End%(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(29)
Level 18: Blaze -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(29), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 20: Wild Bastion -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(33), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(33), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(34), NmnCnv-Heal(34), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(50)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(34)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(36), Rct-Def/EndRdx(36), Rct-Def(36)
Level 26: Blazing Bolt -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(37), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(37), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(37), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 28: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 30: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(39), UnbGrd-ResDam(39), UnbGrd-Max HP%(40), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(40), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 32: Inferno -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(43)
Level 35: Entangling Aura -- Lck-Acc/Hold(A), Lck-Acc/Rchg(43), Lck-Rchg/Hold(45), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(45), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(45), Lck-%Hold(46)
Level 38: Overgrowth -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(46)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(46), RedFrt-Def(47)
Level 44: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(48), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 47: Spirit Ward -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 49: Rune of Protection -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(49), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(50), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(13)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
------------

LVL 36 Fire/Nature corr now. This is the most defending corruptor I've had but also feels like a corrupting defender. Lovely damage, for a corr, and a nice amount of buffs.
Surprised at home much I like Nature. I usually stick to kin/rad and have just started with Dark Affinity. This is just a nice set with nice buffs, I can tell when I'm there to help out the team. 

Edited by Xiddo
RE: tense

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

• 2 weeks later
On 2/5/2021 at 7:03 PM, Darkir said:

If I was to make a "building corruptors guide" would there be enough interest to warrant the effort? 

Would you guys find something like that beneficial?

I spent yesterday scouring the forum looking for advice.

A guide would be great!

Think a lot of it depends on playstyle tbh. I always find that in CoX one person’s perfect combination is another’s terrible. That’s the true genius of the game I think. 

I have/have had all three fire blast combinations mentioned by the OP, and they are all superb but they play very differently. 

FIRE/KIN: The fast and frantic ‘seat of your pants’ self-buffing damage monster. It is a wrecking ball of pure damage, but it takes a lot of work to operate it well. 

FIRE/RAD: I mained a Fire/Rad corruptor on live and it’s amazing when facing a tough foe like an AV or GM. That’s when you’ll really feel your value. It’s okay in general play too, but mobs tend to be dead before they’re debuffed, so it can feel quite slow and one-dimensional in teams. 

FIRE/DARK: It’s probably the sweet spot between the two extremes. It brings good utility to teams in general play and can make a difference against stronger foes too. Neither frantic nor slow, just steady. For me personally and my playstyle, it has the best variation so was the most fun to play. 

Edited by CaptTastic
  • Thumbs Up 1

Speaking only from my personal experience, there are very few times I decide to go Defender vs Corruptor even when the same two power sets are available to each.  I think the introduction of Procs has blurred the roles dramatically, but I also think the current implementation of Procs is going to be addressed (read NERFED) and that line will become unblurred very quickly.  One is an offensive support player (Corruptor) and as such their secondary is meant to augment their primary.  The other is a Defensive support player (Defender) and their powers are primarily meant to augment the contribution of OTHER players, even if it just so happens to augment their attack strength as well.

So WHEN, not -IF-, Procs are adjusted, I suspect that my approach to building and playing Corrs will become even more in tune with the game mechanics. I focus heavily on debuffing MY targets so that they succumb to more damage from MY attacks.  On my Defenders, I focus more on debuffing (or buffing) the TEAMS targets and core abilities so that THEIR attacks are amplified.  

For me, my most effective Corruptors have been Fire/Kin, Fire/Dark, Fire/Storm, Fire/Time, Fire/Rad (seeing a pattern here LOL), DP/Rad, Ice/Rad and Ice/Cold.  I can build a Defender to play much like a Corruptor with Procs, but without Procs, that wouldn’t be a smart approach.  

On 1/25/2021 at 10:00 PM, Erratic1 said:

Allowed this thread to talk me into starting another Corruptor. Was leaning towards Ice/Kin but I've played both those sets quite a bit. But then I noticed Psychic Blast has a number of -Recharge effects and I got to thinking about slotting Force Feedback: Chance for +Recharge in Telekinetic Blast and Psionic Tornado. So Psy/Kin it is.

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7

Level 50 Mutation Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Psychic Blast
Secondary Power Set: Kinetics

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Subdue -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(19), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(19), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 1: Transfusion -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(13), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(15), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(15), NmnCnv-Heal(17), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(17)
Level 2: Psionic Lance -- StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(A), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(3), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(3), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), StnoftheM-Dam%(13)
Level 4: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(25), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(39), Rct-ResDam%(40), Ksm-ToHit+(40)
Level 6: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(7)
Level 8: Telekinetic Blast -- SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(11), FrcFdb-Rechg%(11)
Level 10: Siphon Speed -- Acc-I(A)
Level 12: Will Domination -- SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(21), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(25)
Level 14: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 16: Boxing -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(47), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(47), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(48)
Level 18: Psionic Tornado -- SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(36), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(37), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%(49)
Level 20: Speed Boost -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(40), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(42), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(42), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(42), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(43)
Level 22: Tough -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-RechRes(27), GldArm-RechEnd(27), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(29), GldArm-ResDam(31), GldArm-3defTpProc(31)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(39)
Level 26: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 28: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(29)
Level 30: Rune of Protection -- RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(A), RctArm-EndRdx/Rchg(31), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(33), RctArm-ResDam(33)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Rchg(34), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Arm-Dam%(34), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(36)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(39)
Level 38: Fulcrum Shift -- Acc-I(A)
Level 41: Transference -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(45), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(45), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(46), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(46), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(46)
Level 44: Repel -- EndRdx-I(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(48), FrcFdb-Rechg%(49)
Level 47: Increase Density -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(37)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(47)
Level 50: Agility Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Pyronic Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: High Pain Threshold 
Level 50: Invader 
Level 50: Born In Battle 
Level 50: Marshal 
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1486;724;1448;HEX;|
|78DA5D93CB4F135114C6EF7486474BB1625BDEAF9696964287E22BF11512F011852|
|6057CC50D69CA009390B6698744962EDC0B1859F9DC9928EADFA051638C82B030D1|
|8D71695013173ED0D4D3F94E3A0D13CAEFCCB9E79CF9E6BB77E2978F3B574F5D191|
|4926B782E99CF4F0E6772B9F9AC91C955C7E78DA4A167D2B2A0AB8A7EEDA5B5C9F1|
|647A469B5213F985D4AC9E9A1CA256A3C15A1E9A9F9E5647F4B466E8A9BC7024329|
|9397522AB69532E331CD592535A2E3FAB676BCDFB93FACCACA1A7679C28CCE4525A|
|6EA1E544564FA9D6CC7832A5D1BFBC416B8DA42642BFA71EC157A142DC240C2862C|
|F2DE66D3072877917ECBB07BE968812F78E4966CE390EEE9A609E05779F639E079F|
|D17325F42AD21AE6D9D699EFC0CA0DD0B909D6918532F7C89EE21CBB68F482DD23B|
|25913FAC1FC47656D8AF0534F057AA48A5E61D656329F93862A9E571550CCBEEA10|
|330C3A3E619EE3AACDE45BAAB79BC20BC2DE8C392F684E0DFB50F300F59E87CC55B|
|0FE11F331D8F8047493BE5AF48ADA03C563220B89722EEC89E2BA061DEA227309EC|
|5F665E075F92863ADEC7BA20725DDDCC1E3070D066EA0D7CC67D8CDF699D9EEFE65|
|EF74FAC857E813DBF997F98DB60E42F2893562FBFBB7700EFD4BC9FB90F6C8D81ED|
|FDCCBDA042BD0DBC370DBC9FDDBC9F8B41219AD897A62DD42F53AE053AA5960FD0D|
|EFA11BC416B6D5893DB3AA8316417ED9D60A78FE9075F91571DACB9E3103CE93C0C|
|FA8E308F328F617ED7203464097ED6ECDFA179931014381B413E1B1B741B666FC3E|
|C6D1F7BDBC7DE46D9DB287B1B656FDF506F2F7A6DBD3ECCEBDFB1776B54A3A246A8|
|4533E9CC7BC8D718E7625E7C6FAD4AE93BA73FBAC469A5F4F51646AD988E3726271|
|44E514E323BB61CA56F564851E8F966E524C9078F02678A3E2BE26B797D18F5DFCB|
|EB97E0B1BA82276ED7135891DF63C5EFDD56FC2560C52BC53C1416EEFBAD7824527|
|AFFC20587557FB12C1E2B8B2F95C5FF018313E864|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

• 5 weeks later
On 2/19/2021 at 4:59 PM, CaptTastic said:

Think a lot of it depends on playstyle tbh. I always find that in CoX one person’s perfect combination is another’s terrible. That’s the true genius of the game I think. 

A bit off focus but....This, plus the character creator and the community are what makes this game special.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later

My main is ice/kin and he is a joy to play. He's good solo and great on teams. With fulcrum shift, ice storm, and blizzard, your enemies are flopping around while you're stealing heals and grabbing endurance while scourge is ticking away at mobs. If you take repel and slot it with KD, which I ultimately worked back into my build, you can knock down enemies who aren't already slipping on ice.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later
7 hours ago, Elia87 said:

Sorry for the question..i am intrigued to play a corr..i would prefer ice. From reading previous posts it boils down to ice/rad or /cold..which one would be more suited for GMs/high lvl content?

Both, although Cold brings a lot more resistance debuffing. Really, it's just a matter of which you prefer.

Rad is a solid set from start to finish and outside of the rez everything is an AoE (buff, heal, debuffs). I'd personally skip Choking Cloud on a Corruptor (if you need somewhere to put a hold set, go ahead and pick up EMP for the 60' radius mag 3-4 hold instead and deal with the -recovery), Radiation Infection's animation is too long for high level teams, and I'm "meh" on Fallout and Mutation, but the HC change to keep anchors active until the corpse actually disappears helps and Enervating Field is quick and available all the time. I did some minor solo GM hunting on my Ice/Rad Corruptor before inventions, but couldn't keep up the endurance requirements once the GMs were past level 30 (which determines their base hp, and thus, their regen) so it was limited mostly to Halloween GMs in the lower-level areas, Deathsurge, and Ghost of Scrapyard until IOs came out.

Cold doesn't have as much to help you until later on, but Benumb, Sleet, and Heat Loss cripple anything hit by them and make Cold one of the top-tier GM-hunting sets.

Edited by siolfir
clarity on which GMs, typo
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, siolfir said:

Both, although Cold brings a lot more resistance debuffing. Really, it's just a matter of which you prefer.

Rad is a solid set from start to finish and outside of the rez everything is an AoE (buff, heal, debuffs). I'd personally skip Choking Cloud on a Corruptor (if you need somewhere to put a hold set, go ahead and pick up EMP for the 60' radius mag 3-4 hold instead and deal with the -recovery), Radiataion Infection's animation is too long for high level teams, and I'm "meh" on Fallout and Mutation, but the HC change to keep anchors active until the corpse actually disappears helps and Enervating Field is quick and available all the time. I did some minor solo GM hunting on my Ice/Rad Corruptor before inventions, but couldn't keep up the endurance requirements once the GMs were past level 30 (which determines their base hp, and thus, their regen) so it was limited mostly to Halloween GMs in the lower-level areas, Deathsurge, and Ghost of Scrapyard until IOs came out.

Cold doesn't have as much to help you until later on, but Benumb, Sleet, and Heat Loss cripple anything hit by them and make Cold one of the top-tier GM-hunting sets.

Wow Interesting! How does cold fare with AVs? 

A High Recharge Cold build is pretty solid against AVs, Benumb is a powerful debuff, but it only lasts 30 seconds (120 second base recharge).  Between Sleet and Heat Loss, you can put out a bunch of -res, but again, Heat Loss has a long recharge compared to its uptime, so high global recharge is recommended.

• Like 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

20 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

A High Recharge Cold build is pretty solid against AVs, Benumb is a powerful debuff, but it only lasts 30 seconds (120 second base recharge).  Between Sleet and Heat Loss, you can put out a bunch of -res, but again, Heat Loss has a long recharge compared to its uptime, so high global recharge is recommended.

Also Burnout exists....

Sleets linger their debuffs on enemies for 30 seconds after they escape / it wears off. And two different Sleets will stack that nasty -Res. So you could hit 3 of it if you timed things correctly. 

Heatloss I'm not sure of, it may stack or not (it summons pseudopets too) but you could easily Sleet > Heatloss > Benumb.... wait 30 seconds Sleet > Benumb > Burnout > Sleet > Heatloss and you'll have Benumb ready to drop again whenever the last effect wears off. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Elia87 said:

Wow Interesting! How does cold fare with AVs? 

Better than Rad, because AVs have no special resistance to -resistance powers (as long as you have decent recharge, like @Psyonico mentioned while I was typing this).

Enervating Field is only -22.5% resistance while Sleet is -30% and Heat Loss is -24%. Sleet on its own is easily permanent and can be double-stacked since each pseudopet is considered a different source, that gets you to -60% resistance with that alone; with Heat Loss thrown in you hit -84% for shorter bursts, and the +recovery in Heat Loss means you can even use Burnout so you can do it all again without really worrying about endurance, like most sets would.

Benumb offers -50% damage in addition to the -500% regen and -special. AVs don't have any special resistance to -damage effects: like resistance debuffs, those are resisted by the AV's damage resistance for that type of damage, so it's very helpful for the hits that do get through.

* - Heat Loss used to be -30% but got nerfed to -24% when someone noticed that it was proliferated from Corruptors to Defenders without changing the pseudopets used, so Defenders also had -30%, and they decided to "fix" the issue without really fixing it, because the power was on Corruptors first meaning that it didn't fix a damned thing and was a straight nerf. Yes, I'm still salty about that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Elia87 said:

So ice/cold it is! How about water/cold? I read some posts but i can't understand how it really is..

Water is great (it's my second favorite ranged damage set), but it's almost entirely AoE.  If you want to take down GMs, Ice is a much better blast set.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, siolfir said:

Better than Rad, because AVs have no special resistance to -resistance powers (as long as you have decent recharge, like @Psyonico mentioned while I was typing this).

Enervating Field is only -22.5% resistance while Sleet is -30% and Heat Loss is -24%. Sleet on its own is easily permanent and can be double-stacked since each pseudopet is considered a different source, that gets you to -60% resistance with that alone; with Heat Loss thrown in you hit -84% for shorter bursts, and the +recovery in Heat Loss means you can even use Burnout so you can do it all again without really worrying about endurance, like most sets would.

Benumb offers -50% damage in addition to the -500% regen and -special. AVs don't have any special resistance to -damage effects: like resistance debuffs, those are resisted by the AV's damage resistance for that type of damage, so it's very helpful for the hits that do get through.

* - Heat Loss used to be -30% but got nerfed to -24% when someone noticed that it was proliferated from Corruptors to Defenders without changing the pseudopets used, so Defenders also had -30%, and they decided to "fix" the issue without really fixing it, because the power was on Corruptors first meaning that it didn't fix a damned thing and was a straight nerf. Yes, I'm still salty about that.

Th ks for the wonderful explanation...how do you gain so much recharge??