Why Did I Never Try Claws Before?

Erratic1

Claws never appealed to me conceptually. Probably something to do with how a hero disembowels people. So from beta to live to now I have never had a Claws character and never really investigated what the powers can do. But I was looking for yet another new melee and had recently read something about Follow Up...a damage buff for 10s on a 12 second cooldown? Sign me up! I had to try that out. And if damage was going to get buffed, I knew I wanted a damage aura to go with it. Went with Electrical Armor because of good experiences I have had with it in the past (admittedly on a Brute).

Oh what a joy the low levels have been. I am up to level 26 with only Accuracy and Endurance Mod SOs slotted and its been grand. Waiting another level to slot some crafted SOs (though its tempting to snag some influence from another character and start slotting IOs). And runners? With Focus I almost hope they run. Really hope things continue to hold up so well.

• Like 1

I've always wanted to like Claws, but that animation for Follow-up just ruins my enjoyment.  It lacks the "punch" of all of the other attacks.  It is like you take a moment to just poke them but there is little force behind it.  Yet, the other attacks can feel so much more aggressive.  

The Night Widow has a different animation for Follow-up and gives the "I point at you" attack to Lunge instead.  Which is also a shame since Lunge is such a strong attack there.  Ugh... 

The idea behind Follow-up is one of the biggest reasons why I was so interested in Dual Blades when it was first released.  Blinding Feint has an animation I can tolerate.  

Spines also inherits a lot of Claws animations and I greatly enjoy that set too.  

If all I wanted was functionality, then I'd be happy.  Well, Stalker's version of Claws is interesting but the lack of Spin hurts.  

Anyway, I'm glad another person has found enjoyment here.  @Bill Z Bubbashould be proud.

I've been looking at claws again as well.  Another advantage it has is that it has Melee attacks, a really good Ranged attack, 2 PBAOE, and 1 Targeted AOE (cone)

That's a lot of purple sets potentially.  

Edited by Haijinx

• Lead Game Master

Claws are extremely good. Top tier scrapper primary IMO. 

10 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

Claws never appealed to me conceptually. Probably something to do with how a hero disembowels people.

Clearly the bad guys were robots? Yes! Robots!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Troo said:

I heard there are gonna be ranged claws coming soon..

Is that coming out when Dual Pistol melee does?

16 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

Probably something to do with how a hero disembowels people.

I guess you aren't a Wolverine fan?

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

6 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Is that coming out when Dual Pistol melee does?

I guess you aren't a Wolverine fan?

Everyone is a Wolverwine fan. Wolverwine also doesn't tend to claw people who can't survive being clawed. He threaten with the claws and punches quite a bit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

Everyone is a Wolverwine fan. Wolverwine also doesn't tend to claw people who can't survive being clawed. He threaten with the claws and punches quite a bit.

Well, there you go. You don't have to disembowel people just because you have claws.

It is as easy to "arrest" someone in THE CITY by clawing them as it is to hack-and-slashing with a sword, bashing them with a giant hammer, shooting them with toxic bullets, burning them with fire, electrocuting them, etc.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

8 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

Well, there you go. You don't have to disembowel people just because you have claws.

It is as easy to "arrest" someone in THE CITY by clawing them as it is to hack-and-slashing with a sword, bashing them with a giant hammer, shooting them with toxic bullets, burning them with fire, electrocuting them, etc.

While hitting someone over the head with a club is inherently a risky thing, people do get hit over the head and walk away without serious injury, bullets and wing people and be aimed at less than critical areas (and we're heroes, so we have that skill), etc. It is hard to see how you "pull your punch" with a claw. Either the pointy ends impale or they don't. You're not really slapping people unconscious with claws like you can with the flat/hilt of a blade.

If your point here is to object there are other deadly powers people have and that it is unreasonable to single Claws out for going too far, I will note its a subjective thing and I was speaking on my own behalf, not making a flat declaration that everybody else has to feel the way I do.

Edited by Erratic1

14 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

.. I was speaking on my own behalf, not making a flat declaration that everybody else has to feel the way I do.

I take it for granted that is everyone's stance.

We are all speaking from our own point-of-view/opinions and not talking in absolutes.

I do understand that there are people in the forums don't understand that.

btw - my ninja characters are definitely not hitting evil-doers with the sides of their blades aka not comics code authority approved. Not sure how many of many of my other characters would be, but, hopefully, a good number of them.

Comics Code Authority.jpg

Edited by UltraAlt

Just now, Bill Z Bubba said:

I stand by earlier statements. I kill everyone I defeat. It's not my fault that the medic porters keep bringing them back to life.

According to the Ray Cooling/Stansfield story arc, the only citizens with medi-porters are the elderly and handicapped. 

I take it you are you only "defeating" the elderly and handicapped? 😛

1 minute ago, Erratic1 said:

According to the Ray Cooling/Stansfield story arc, the only citizens with medi-porters are the elderly and handicapped. 

I take it you are you only "defeating" the elderly and handicapped? 😛

Them too! But I'm confused, if that were true, where are all those Tsoo and Banished Pantheon coming from in DA? I've already murdered medium sized cities worth of them!

2 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Them too! But I'm confused, if that were true, where are all those Tsoo and Banished Pantheon coming from in DA? I've already murdered medium sized cities worth of them!

I had the same question regarding the endless number of Council I've mowed through.

People must be extremely fertile and of lower morals in the CoH setting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Erratic1 said:

... endless number of Council...

Nazis reanimate. It is known.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

19 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

I take it for granted that is everyone's stance.

We are all speaking from our own point-of-view/opinions and not talking in absolutes.

I do understand that there are people in the forums don't understand that.

btw - my ninja characters are definitely not hitting evil-doers with the sides of their blades aka not comics code authority approved. Not sure how many of many of my other characters would be, but, hopefully, a good number of them.

Comics Code Authority.jpg

When I was a kid I read Spawn and The Darkness... comics code didn't really apply to those books. 🙂