Wentworth's

Cyphernatic

Oh good, that's what this is about because there's a Wentsworth in The Outer Worlds video game and it made me wonder if there was a Real Wentsworth this was All based on.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Was ANYTHING in today's WandaVision a coincidence?

I think not!

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

My newest alt on Torchbearer, thanks for the inspiration!

(Unless you're serious, in which case, Google it. A protracted MCU movie with a very Strange ending.)

• Haha 1

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

36 minutes ago, DoctorDitko said:

My newest alt on Torchbearer, thanks for the inspiration!

(Unless you're serious, in which case, Google it. A protracted MCU movie with a very Strange ending.)

Not too serious, I just stopped acknowledging the legitimacy of superhero movies several years ago ever since they started pumping out a dozen avengers movies a month and made ever more clear the whole thing is a dreadfully banal and formulaic cash scam 🙂

I really enjoyed WandaVision, but Avengers II was a let-down. I really liked the next two, though.

If you can check out WandaVision for free, give it a look. Definitely not formulaic*!

*Well, when it is, it's intentional. Dick Van Dyke Show, Bewitched, etc homages.

9 hours ago, arcane said:

Not too serious, I just stopped acknowledging the legitimacy of superhero movies several years ago ever since they started pumping out a dozen avengers movies a month and made ever more clear the whole thing is a dreadfully banal and formulaic cash scam 🙂

Unlike the rest of Hollywood movies one presumes?  They're not Oscar winners but they're enjoyable popcorn, if you're of a mind for popcorn.  If not, yeah, look elsewhere.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

6 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Unlike the rest of Hollywood movies one presumes?  They're not Oscar winners but they're enjoyable popcorn, if you're of a mind for popcorn.  If not, yeah, look elsewhere.

Oh yeah no don’t get me wrong I just plain haven’t paid attention to new movies in 10 years. I just think the massive bloated comic book franchises with dozens of origin stories are particularly emblematic of some of the worst excesses. Remember when people would debate whether or not a sequel was a good idea? Instead of a 37th chapter? Lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, arcane said:

Oh yeah no don’t get me wrong I just plain haven’t paid attention to new movies in 10 years. I just think the massive bloated comic book franchises with dozens of origin stories are particularly emblematic of some of the worst excesses. Remember when people would debate whether or not a sequel was a good idea? Instead of a 37th chapter? Lol.

Heck, I still argue over the value of sequels too!  I'm generally a'gin 'em because I'd rather see people create new stuff than try and milk something far beyond its capacity to provide, but this gets at another topic I'll argue over, which is copyright lasts too long, but that's another topic for another day.

• Thanks 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I mean, if one doesn't like the MCU movies for milking money out of people, Marvel (and DC)'s print comics had been doing that for ages.  Well before sequelmania had ever really sunk its roots in to Hollywood.

Like any media; movies/comics(/computer games) are just the means of delivering the content.  Whether they're subversive or manipulative is independent of the media themselves.

But, alas, seems that @Herotu's link suggests that maybe the City of Heroes Wentworths' may have been the homage here, rather than the Wentworths' in WandaVision.

On 3/6/2021 at 4:18 PM, CursedSorcerer said:

I see what you did there!😏

You did? How many versions did you see?

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 8 months later