New Powersets?

Det1994

Powersets generally need balancing and animation/effects work. Some can borrow from other sets, sure, but ... unless it was close to being finished and had assets in place, or that can be borrowed from elsewhere? I wouldn't expect to see them for quite a while.

And before it's said, yes, I know other servers have done XYZ... often without said work. I rather prefer the attempt at proper testing and quality goals here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

4 hours ago, Det1994 said:

When do you guys think we will see new powersets? What kinds would you like? 

Need me something that can control a large area, say, the entire village of Salamanca in Croatoa, and bend everyone to my will doing ridiculous stuff like making period TV show.  Higher level powers should allow me to expand my area of control, and convert any Longbow nearby into Carnies.   Since this would be a control set, I'd like pets similar to the Illusion power:  summon a sidekick phantom from my character's past, and two lesser constructs with powers of their own.

Please and thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Need me something that can control a large area, say, the entire village of Salamanca in Croatoa, and bend everyone to my will doing ridiculous stuff like making period TV show.  Higher level powers should allow me to expand my area of control, and convert any Longbow nearby into Carnies.   Since this would be a control set, I'd like pets similar to the Illusion power:  summon a sidekick phantom from my character's past, and two lesser constructs with powers of their own.

Please and thank you.

Too much wandavision for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Probably half the players have some niche comix powerset they hunger for. But besides all the above comments about keeping it balanced, with good animations, fully tested, etc. ... City has a metric buttload of powersets and combinations. If there isn't some AT/primary/secondary/build/buff combo that intrigues you, another powerset probably isn't the solution.

I'd hope the devs concentrate on broader, more important upgrades than adding new skins to the old power set numbers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

2 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

I'd hope the devs concentrate on broader, more important upgrades than adding new skins to the old power set numbers.

Like wrist cannons for blast sets!  

Or hockey sticks for staff fighting!

Or giving "Kick" from Fighting power pool a Storm Kick animation!

The Really Important Stuff 😁

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MTeague said:

Or giving "Kick" from Fighting power pool a Storm Kick animation!

... you know, I had (have, remade her here) a character who's *just* the right size that almost every time she uses Kick, it looks like it connected somewhere particularly painful.

Which *really* fit the character...

• Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 3/14/2021 at 3:11 PM, BrandX said:

We've had a few.  Eco Recycle thread has a few I'd love to see implemented. 

Yep!

You can find the various contributions here;

Most of this is just theorycrafting what could be possible, and what people might like to see in the future.

• Like 1