Suggestion: Suppress Catalysts

So it really sucked before if you accidentally catalysted something you just spent time +5 boosting because it gets rid of all those boosters, or prevents you from boosting the enhancement if you hadn't boosted it at all. Now that both catalysts and boosters are instantly applied (which is an awesome convenience), there isn't even a way to prevent this from happening if you catch yourself in the act...essentially wasting all of your boosters or even the enhancement itself. Catalysts also aren't deletable. I would like the option to suppress catalysts so they don't show up in the enhancement screen and risk messing things up.

• Like 1

Sounds like a convenient suggestion, I support it - though I think you may have intended for this to be posted in the Suggestions & Feedback forum?

Edit: Ah, disregard you mentioned below that the +5 option is beta specific currently - fair enough, have at thee!

Edited by Glacier Peak
EDit
  • Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 minute ago, Glacier Peak said:

Sounds like a convenient suggestion, I support it - though I think you may have intended for this to be posted in the Suggestions & Feedback forum?

Wasn't sure if the booster changes had been moved to live yet haha

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Monos King said:

So it really sucked before if you accidentally catalysted something you just spent time +5 boosting because it gets rid of all those boosters, or prevents you from boosting the enhancement if you hadn't boosted it at all. Now that both catalysts and boosters are instantly applied (which is an awesome convenience), there isn't even a way to prevent this from happening if you catch yourself in the act...essentially wasting all of your boosters or even the enhancement itself. Catalysts also aren't deletable. I would like the option to suppress catalysts so they don't show up in the enhancement screen and risk messing things up.

Have you tested this on Beta (I haven't)? I thought when it was being developed, there was logic that would prevent a catalyst from converting something that was boosted.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

4 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Have you tested this on Beta (I haven't)? I thought when it was being developed, there was logic that would prevent a catalyst from converting something that was boosted.

Yeah it happens on beta as of this comment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I normally just store catalysts in the AH to avoid this.

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

7 hours ago, America's Angel said:

I normally just store catalysts in the AH to avoid this.

Same, but this would be more convenient. You also might have other stuff stored in AH, or have an absurd amount of undeletable catalysts, so this would still be pretty useful as even a few catalysts rusk messing things up.

• 2 weeks later
On 4/6/2021 at 11:52 AM, Monos King said:

Same, but this would be more convenient. You also might have other stuff stored in AH, or have an absurd amount of undeletable catalysts, so this would still be pretty useful as even a few catalysts rusk messing things up.

Late to the party, however, you could either sell that absurd level of Catalysts or you can send them all here for “deletion”: @Myrmidon.

• Haha 3

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

5 minutes ago, Hew said:

random level set ios you dont have an attuned version of...

It's almost always better to sell the catalyst and buy the attuned version of the random set IO off the auction. Don't waste a catalyst on anything other than an ATO or set IO that costs less than 20 million or so. 

Edited by Andreah

except when you have recipes to craft you want to keep but are odd levels! 😄

definitely a reason to catalyze winteros as soon as you hit 50, and to deal with the odd level self-crafted enhs you made, imo.

• City Council

The windows that ask you to confirm whether you want to apply a Booster or Catalyst are separate from each other. You can skip the Booster confirmation window for instant application, and leave the Catalyst confirmation active to make sure you don't accidentally apply one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Faultline said:

The windows that ask you to confirm whether you want to apply a Booster or Catalyst are separate from each other. You can skip the Booster confirmation window for instant application, and leave the Catalyst confirmation active to make sure you don't accidentally apply one.

Not sure what you mean. As of now, just clicking on either booster or Catalyst instantly applies them.

I noted this earlier, but as for everyone else's suggestions: Those methods surely exist and are being used, but every other means of storage can be easily exhausted, and thus is impossible or just a hassle to use solely for this. One might already be using their other storage means for other things. It's also just impractical compared to a feature like the one suggested. So I'd still like this to be considered.

• City Council
4 hours ago, Monos King said:

Not sure what you mean. As of now, just clicking on either booster or Catalyst instantly applies them.

Go to the settings and look for "Hide Enhancement Catalyst Prompt". Disable it. By default both options should show a dialog that you can then choose to hide.

/optionset HidePromptCatalyst 0 will probably work too but I haven't tested it.

• Thanks 1