Escape from Praetoria! (Before level 20)

Zhym

Is there any way to switch a character from Praetorian to a hero or villain before level 20?  I rolled up a toon with the intent of running him through all the Praetorian content, but I'm realizing that the AT (AR/Inv Sentinel, FWIW) is going to be a slog.  Null the Gull doesn't offer what I'm looking for—is this just a delete and re-roll situation?

Your options are

• enjoy the 1-20 praetorian experience
  • OR, delete and reroll
  • OR, go to Imperial City, Studio 55 to Pocket D, then to the AE station there, and level up in AE until 20, then choose hero/villain.

If you've barely levelled him yet, I'd do the delete/reroll.

(well, actually, no, I'd be stubborn and do Praetoria, slog or no slog. But I reallly enjoy the choice the 1-20 arcs offer there).

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

46 minutes ago, CaptTastic said:

Also think that an AR Sentinel will be a slog no matter what you do! 

I'm learning that, yes. :)  I was going to use this toon to play through all the Praetorian arcs and switch alignments several times, but now I think I really need a stalker so I can stealth past some of the large maps full of ghouls.  The AR/Inv Sentinel also compares unfavorably to my DP/MC Blaster, who I've been having a...well, a blast playing.  I keep trying to kick mobs away and it keeps not working because I'm not playing that character.

So this is what I get for putting a theme build in Praetoria.

2 hours ago, MTeague said:
  • OR, go to Imperial City, Studio 55 to Pocket D, then to the AE station there, and level up in AE until 20, then choose hero/villain.

With the recent drop in level for Oroboros, is it possible for someone blue or red side to go into gold side, drop an Oro portal, and let gold players team up on flashback missions? 

(I'm probably just getting all that confused.)

2 minutes ago, Techwright said:

With the recent drop in level for Oroboros, is it possible for someone blue or red side to go into gold side, drop an Oro portal, and let gold players team up on flashback missions? 

Gold siders are forbidden from entering Ouroboros until after they cross over to Primal Earth

58 minutes ago, CaptTastic said:

I love Praetoria arcs, so I’d slog it too. Mind, double xp boosters definitely take the edge off the slog in general these days. Also think that an AR Sentinel will be a slog no matter what you do! 

Be careful using XP boosters or even upping your difficulty in Praetoria.  If you care about the story, you'll outlevel it completely with XP boosts or even running x2 or x3.

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

1 hour ago, Zhym said:

I'm learning that, yes. 🙂 I was going to use this toon to play through all the Praetorian arcs and switch alignments several times, but now I think I really need a stalker so I can stealth past some of the large maps full of ghouls.  The AR/Inv Sentinel also compares unfavorably to my DP/MC Blaster, who I've been having a...well, a blast playing.  I keep trying to kick mobs away and it keeps not working because I'm not playing that character.

So this is what I get for putting a theme build in Praetoria.

It can be hard to play Sentinels after blasters, admittedly, as the damage struggles to compare. They generally solo great though, so I’d not discourage you from the AT itself. I’ve quite recently solo’d a fire/invul all the way to 50, starting in Preatoria, and he was soloing x4s by the late-20s. AR just doesn’t showcase the AT well at all though 😞

Gold siders can't go to Ouro but they CAN access Ouro via a base crystal.  Unfortunately they can only team with other Golds in a base.  (Level 50 Gold here, been pushing the boundaries of what a pure Praetorian can and can't do for a while now).

OR if you are crazy enough, you finish Neutropolis (do take a detour to try out the three Pre War Praetorian AEs in my sig, level 19-25 :P) and head to First Ward via the Doorman in Imperial Underground. The crossover mission is still active, you just get a different flavor of life!

Edited by Darmian

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

And the Praetorian Team Transport is very nice. There's two there, it does't have a double canopy. 🙂screenshot_201204-01-42-43.thumb.jpg.7db1c87c6b18b5cd48241d53b9d55e16.jpg

Edited by Darmian
  • Like 2

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

3 hours ago, Zhym said:

I'm learning that, yes. 🙂 I was going to use this toon to play through all the Praetorian arcs and switch alignments several times, but now I think I really need a stalker so I can stealth past some of the large maps full of ghouls. 

Well, i have done Praetoria 1-20 with a Nin/Nin stalker.  Quite doable (I did sugar-daddy him with the stalker ATO's though).

Just do keep in mind Praetoria loves it's laser-guided ambushes that see right through Hide and any other form of stealth.

Not every mission will have them, but some will have several waves of them, and it can be... irksome... if they catch you while you're trying to sneak past other mobs. 

12 hours ago, MTeague said:

Your options are

I am on Excelsior.  I am guessing there is like a 80% chance you would get an immediate response to a post in LFG or Help "Praetorian level 12 desperately wants 20 (get me outta Goldside!) in AE Pocket D need a Farmer to get me to 20 please..."

This is like 10 min work for a Farmer, tops.

Edited by Snarky

Ya'know there was a time when a player could escape from Praetoria before level 20, but that exploit was patched. The way the game identifies your alignment, even if you manage to zone in to Atlas Park or Grandville, you get forcibly booted back to your previous zone. Same applies in situations like Precinct Five for non-Praetorians. 

The good news is there are still plenty of holes throughout Praetoria that allow you to "escape" under the map 😁

Done the praetorean arcs only once on a Fire/Ice. It was an incredible slog since we are stuck at level 10 for so incredibly long and I only had Frost for AoE. It was nice to get it done just to get an idea of what it was all about (though I only did flashbacks which I assume are not the full Praet experience) but I would not do it a second time.

So based on that I might say yes, ditch the character and start over. Stalker isn't bad. Perhaps Savage so that you get an early cone you can use, or Claws Scrapper so you get Follow-up and Spin. Remember to turn it -1x1 if you want it done quicker. I complained it was a slog on the Fire/Ice melee tanker but I was running it at x4.

• Like 1

I got through 1 to 20 (and beyond!) on a Mind Control/Empathy Controller.  Grab some invis along the way, the Ghouls are your buddies!  Can't Confuse the boss?  Well, his minions are hammering him for you so that's handy.

• Like 1

I eventually gave up and bought the 2XP boost and levelled my one Praetorian out of there, never looking back.  The only real reminder I have of the character's origin is the grey border on everything (can that be changed?)  I ran a stalker, Electric/WP, with a name that relates to Primal lore more than Praetorian anyways. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

1 hour ago, Heraclea said:

I eventually gave up and bought the 2XP boost and levelled my one Praetorian out of there, never looking back.  The only real reminder I have of the character's origin is the grey border on everything (can that be changed?) 

If you mean the UI (like your bars and such), then yes, you can. 😄

4tqusjT.png

Edited by TygerDarkstorm
  • Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster