Performance Shifter: Chance for +Endurance question

So my simple question is does it make sense to slot this IO three times? I thought if one in Stamina is good then wouldn't an additional one in Mu Lightning and also in Ball Lightning be even better. However, since it goes off on average 1.5 times a minute am I wasting slots that could be better used with an end reduction or crit?

Any help appreciated.

3 hours ago, Rustbeltcomics said:

So my simple question is

IMO this is not actually a simple question. I would say it depends on your build, play style and what you are trying to accomplish. 

I have builds with multiple, only one and even some with none. Also, how much do you need end over def or res or dam or anything else?

I tend to get a little carried away with mine so maybe I’m not the right person to try to answer this. It is a great question though. 

Any of you out there not already half asleep care to explain this better than my feeble attempt?  Lol

• Like 1

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

As others have said, this is a valid question.  And the answer is like with most slotting tactics...it depends on the character.

I tend to build for high recharge and some form of Capped Defense (S/L, Ranged, Melee, etc) in almost all of my builds.  But that usually dictates running supplemental Defense toggles -AND- spamming a fast attack chain repeatedly....both of which burn significant amounts of END.

As a result, I almost always am slotting Panacea, Numina and Miracle +END uniques in health and the Perf Shifter +END, the latter in Stamina.  And if on a Scrapper with Body Mastery, often find myself two slotting Physical Perfection and Quick Recovery with additional Perf Shifter +END as well.  This is typically for leveling as once I hit incarnates I’m typically grabbing Destiny - Ageless which shores up all END issues forever, allowing me to respec the build, strip out a few of the attuned Perf Shifters and pass them down to my next alt.  I don’t think I’ve actually bought a Perf Shifter in months now since I follow this routine religiously.  I find people often forget that Incarnate powers can pretty much fix any build deficiencies, and often allow you to completely respec the character once you have them.   Many people take something like Agility for their Alpha and it’s like “Ahhhh, my END issues are gone” which is true, but then don’t realize they now have the ability to do a respec into an even MORE powerful AT because of the bonuses Alpha slots provide.

You also have the Atlas Medallion which raises your Max END which, in conjunction with Perf Shifter (which delivers a % of total END as the bonus) improves performance of the proc.  There’s also numerous X% recovery bonuses from a variety of IO sets and it’s worth chasing those as most don’t require six-slotting to get them.  And, although frowned on by some ‘purists’ the Recovery Serum and Survival buff from the P2W vendor, if you have the money, are amaze-balls tools for END management while leveling.  I usually buy max Recovery serum at level 1 with my sugar-daddy starter funds I give to each alt.....very helpful tool.  Base Empowerment Buffs are also cheap +END tools although you have to refresh them often.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Crysis said:

I find people often forget that Incarnate powers can pretty much fix any build deficiencies, and often allow you to completely respec the character once you have them.

Doesn't the alpha slot stop functioning below 45?

• Like 2

Performance Shifter is a PROC. Performance Shifter will generally perform better in Stamina when it has a chance to fire passively regularly.  MiDs has it as 1.5 PROCs per minute. That would be about every 40 seconds 10% of Endurance gain.  You would need saturated targeted fields in the ball powers (Not as common as we hope AND desperately need Endurance at that time)  to get the most out of slotting this into an AoE attack,

Here is the text from the wiki:

Procs
All the other Special IOs are called 'Procs.' The term comes from Positron:

I'll talk about the Enhancements. The last one in the list is a Proc, meaning a procedure that has a chance of happening. Every time you fire your sniper power with the Toxic DoT Proc Enhancement slotted in it, there is a chance your target gets hit with a Toxic Damage over Time effect as well as the normal damage and effect of your Sniper attack.
The term Proc originally came from the days of some of the MUDs which used the term 'spec_proc' or 'special procedure' to denote game events the player could possibly trigger. The term was popularized by EverQuest as 'procs.' Those who come from the World of Warcraft have given the 'proc' the backronym "Programmed Random OCcurrence." But since Positron and CoH preceded WoW, we use the term and definition our Developers use.

Unlike the Globals, Procs depend on the power they are slotted in to be activated in order to work. If the power isn't activated, then no benefit from the Proc. Consequently, exemplaring lower than the level of the power means the power is greyed out and can't be used (even passive powers follow that rule), which means the Proc won't work. However, the upside of Procs is that if the power is active, the Proc always works, even if you exemplar way below the level of the Proc. Procs don't follow the -3 level rule that Globals and Set Bonuses do.

So, e.g., if you slot a level 50 Run Stealth in Sprint (a level 1 power) and then exemplar down to level 15, you will still get the Stealth bonus when you turn on Sprint even though you're 35 levels lower than the level of that Special IO.
Since Procs work when the power is activated, then they continuously work when slotted in a Passive Power or in a Toggle that's turned on. Procs that are in continuous powers cycle or pulse on once every 10 seconds. This is also true when they work in certain pseudopets like 'rains' or 'patches' that have an enduring effect. If slotted in a click power, Procs activate just once for the duration of their effect.

Most Procs have an effect that is immediate (like the chance to damage Procs) or last a few seconds (like the mez Procs). Some Procs that provide a self buff have a duration of 120 seconds and will last a full two minutes past when the power is clicked.

Procs which affect targets have a chance of activating for each target the power 'hits.' This makes Procs slotted in area of effect powers very beneficial; more so if it's a continuous area of effect like rains and patches.

Procs that have a chance to do damage, do so based on the level of the character and not the level of the Proc. The damage is not modified by Archetype. See Table of Proc Damage for specifics.

Procs from IO sets brought from the Paragon Market work a little differently to crafted IO procs. Instead of a percentage chance every time the power which the Proc in is activated, the chance of it firing is dependent on the "Procs Per Minute" set on the enhancement itself, and the slotted power's recharge and number of targets. See Procs Per Minute for more details.

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Crysis said:

I find people often forget that Incarnate powers can pretty much fix any build deficiencies, and often allow you to completely respec the character once you have them.

Yes, but this entire idea is non-starter for anyone who regularly runs lower level content on their 50's (which I do).

My goal is to have my characters completely functional and effective WITHOUT incarnate powers.  I then select incarnate powers based on the character running level 50 content, not to deal with existing build problems.

• Like 3

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

• Enhancement > Power Transfer > Chance to Heal Self: Should be able to stack when slotted in multiple passive powers regardless of server timing

Taken from:

This has spawned much renewed interest in use of PT proc, since you can use a ton of them now and still get the benefit. If this is related to a non-specific issue with PT, then it likely affects other enhancements of a non-unique nature in the same way, i.e. +end proc.

16 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

Yes, but this entire idea is non-starter for anyone who regularly runs lower level content on their 50's (which I do).

My goal is to have my characters completely functional and effective WITHOUT incarnate powers.  I then select incarnate powers based on the character running level 50 content, not to deal with existing build problems.

Attuned all the things!

33 minutes ago, Hew said:

Attuned all the things!

This is me.  I attune everything.  I even attuned some purples on one of my stalkers! (ugh... that'll be an expensive mistake to fix).  But yeah, I am really starting to evaluate my favorite characters by how good they are down to 15 or 20 exemplared.

I know you can do multiple builds, but I am not so rich yet that I don't find spinning up a new alt a better use of the available funds.

14 hours ago, Rustbeltcomics said:

So my simple question is does it make sense to slot this IO three times? I thought if one in Stamina is good then wouldn't an additional one in Mu Lightning and also in Ball Lightning be even better. However, since it goes off on average 1.5 times a minute am I wasting slots that could be better used with an end reduction or crit?

Any help appreciated.

I slot three end mods in stamina before slotting this proc.

It does work for your stamina gain only if you slot it in other powers that slot end mods.

I have it slotted in a couple of powers on my electrical characters that character gets the chance per minute per proc.

It really is dependent on your endurance expenditure and how often to have to stop to rest because you are running out of endurance.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

14 hours ago, merrypessimist said:

Wouldn't the proc trigger on the enemies you blasted with the attacks (and gain the end) if it goes off?

No.

The proc has a chance to trigger when you attack, but the chance for +End is for the user and not for the target.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

12 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

No.

The proc has a chance to trigger when you attack, but the chance for +End is for the user and not for the target.

Well.... spirit tree and the healing beacon thing kinda do their on jive... as does the elec affin chains for friendlies. But that just mucks up this conversation 😄

8 hours ago, ZemX said:

This is me.  I attune everything.  I even attuned some purples on one of my stalkers! (ugh... that'll be an expensive mistake to fix).  But yeah, I am really starting to evaluate my favorite characters by how good they are down to 15 or 20 exemplared.

I know you can do multiple builds, but I am not so rich yet that I don't find spinning up a new alt a better use of the available funds.

Unlike the Globals, Procs depend on the power they are slotted in to be activated in order to work. If the power isn't activated, then no benefit from the Proc. Consequently, exemplaring lower than the level of the power means the power is greyed out and can't be used (even passive powers follow that rule), which means the Proc won't work. However, the upside of Procs is that if the power is active, the Proc always works, even if you exemplar way below the level of the Proc. Procs don't follow the -3 level rule that Globals and Set Bonuses do.

So, e.g., if you slot a level 50 Run Stealth in Sprint (a level 1 power) and then exemplar down to level 15, you will still get the Stealth bonus when you turn on Sprint even though you're 35 levels lower than the level of that Special IO.

I buy attuned/attune everything EXCEPT Purples!  But with Procs it does not matter.  they follow different rules.