Is this normal?

I know I didn't do this cuz I would remember deleting my character. I had a Lvl 10 Broadsword/Dark Armor Scrapper named Nube Saibot. I log in just now and he is deleted. I did a name check to see if his name is available on a Create a Character and it says its unavailable. I'm wondering if an admin deleted him cuz he's a "rip-off" from Mortal Kombat and not a "real villain".

1 hour ago, ShredderMike4701 said:

Never mind, he's back. For some reason he didn't appear on my character select.

I've had this happen sometimes if the game crashes out in a weird way, and the character I was on will be missing.  Quitting and restarting the client fixes it.

If the GMs have a problem with your character, it will typically get "genericed" rather than deleted (i.e., the name set to GenericHero#XXXX, and/or the appearance set to some random look).

• Like 1

a few questions.  is that your only account...and are you on the right account?  were you messing with the CoH files to shift the order of characters or something like that?  basically help desk stuff.  is it plugged in?  just check it now for me....

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Snarky said:

a few questions.  is that your only account...and are you on the right account?  were you messing with the CoH files to shift the order of characters or something like that?  basically help desk stuff.  is it plugged in?  just check it now for me....

i think it was just a glitch. hes back on my character select and im playing him now. i thought some admin didnt like my "unoriginality" and just deleted him.

27 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Dumb question, I realize, but he didn't temporarily migrate to page 2 of your slot listings perchance?

probably, idk. i logged onto a different character and logged back off to the character screen and he was back,

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, ShredderMike4701 said:

i thought some admin didnt like my "unoriginality" and just deleted him.

Admins do not go on character hunts and decide what they like or don't, then delete things.

If you were reported because the character was a blatant ripoff of some IP - name, look, etc, or at least "close enough to cause problems" (my phrasing,)  - then at most you'd find yourself playing generic98374232 and maybe a bland basic costume.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

12 hours ago, Snarky said:

I now want "Bland Basic Costume Man" with the most generic super costume ever.

Well, you can't have it.  The name field will only allow "Bland Basic Costume ".  😛

• Sad 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

1 hour ago, Ironblade said:

Well, you can't have it.  The name field will only allow "Bland Basic Costume ".  😛

I mean, you could do BBC Man, but that might get you Generic'ed too..

Edited by Arbegla
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Snarky said:

I now want "Bland Basic Costume Man" with the most generic super costume ever.

7 hours ago, Ironblade said:

NERF Name letter slot limitations! 

Ah, but "BlandBasicCostumeMan"  does fit.  😜

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Rishidian said:

How about Bland Man, or BlandMan.  The Big Blandowski?  BlandMan Biggs?

I had a question - were you on on the right server?  If you chose a different server, your character wouldn't show up.

Bland Master J

• Haha 1