You're threatening me with going outdoors or actually doing some work?!

Avernal

Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
'Neath the halo of a street lamp
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

And in the naked light, I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share
And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence

"Fools", said I, "You do not know
Silence like a cancer grows
Hear my words that I might teach you
Take my arms that I might reach you"
But my words, like silent raindrops fell
And echoed
In the wells of silence

And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made
And the sign flashed out its warning
In the words that it was forming
And the sign said, "The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls"
And whispered in the sound of silence

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

I was so excited to get on. I got my kids to actually go to sleep without a fight. Spilt my beer ALL over my bathroom AND showered and here we are. No CoH. while my husband plays Smite downstairs. Smite isnt down. Come on CoH. be better XD

<3 Kairi on Excelsior

They really have had a stellar uptime history, especially for a volunteer-run cluster.

That said, emergency reboots typically involve some diagnostics or repairs.

Good luck to them, says I!

I think the message broadcast was:

"All servers going down for emergency reboot."

Edited by DoctorDitko
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

more info on the thread over here :: 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Time for a bike ride!!

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

2 minutes ago, Pixie_Knight said:

I was going to sign into CoH for a bit (okay, probably most of the day). Instead, it looks like I'll be working out then spending some time in VR. Er, I need to work out today anyway. But I wanted to play CoH this morning.

as far as regular activities in my life i work 40 hours+ a week usually.  (12 yesterday) lift 3 times a week (put a squat rack and bench in my place) and play CoH.  i should write and practice guitar.  rarely I do.  Now I am down to working and working out.  There is way too much work in that balance lol.  

Too early to be this dramatic?

• Haha 2

Maybe. To be honest, I do need to work out (I play Beat Saber for that). I also do need to play more Silent Hill 1 and Wolverine's Revenge (the PS2 game). Not because I want to play them and like the games, although I do like and want to play the games. But because I'm currently recording Let's Plays of those games for my youtube channel. Got to make money to pay the bills, after all. After all, videos wont record and edit themselves. Tis a small channel, but it makes me enough to get by. And getting paid to play video games I would have played anyway is rather nice.

Granted, certain parts of Wolverine's Revenge are really frustrating. Like the turret boss fight against Omega Red (I think, it's been a while) where you keep having to switch focus from the tower's weak points to instead shoot down missiles, helicopters, and ground troops. Of course, the final battle is a HUGE pain in the rear due to your regen being nearly non-existent by that point in the game, and you're fighting Magneto.

Edited by Pixie_Knight
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, NecroLord said:

WoW! I can't believe it's taking them SO long to get this under control. I guess it's time to play some more Baulder's Gate 3. 

After working out, I decided to put off continuing my playthroughs of WOlverine's Revenge and Silent Hill 1 til this afternoon. Instead, I'm booting up Pathfinder: King Maker.

• Haha 1