Siren: My many Widows (Night, Fortunata, and Proc-Heavy builds)

Updates to builds will be linked here

I've been on quite the Widow kick lately. Previously, I had never played a Widow but I admired them from a far. Over a year ago Modest and I were working on a build for pylon testing and I came away enamored by its many playstyle capabilities. Life and other priorities always got in the way of taking the time to build a Widow character, but recently I found the time and wound up loving the character. Loved it enough to make 3 separate IO'd out builds for it (something I've never done on a character). It's easy to do when there are so many playstyles I wanted to try. So much in fact, I'd probably need 6 build slots to make everything I want to make (guess I'll have to make a 2nd Widow). Anyways, opening paragraph has gone on long enough, time to share some builds.

But before I do, I'll share one thing common between all these builds that way those who don't like my style can check out early. I skipped fighting pool on all my builds in favor of Sorcery pool. I did this for a few reasons... the toggles of Tough and Weave are costly and Widows are already a bit of an endurance hog. I found the resistance from Tough not to be worth it as my defense rarely had hits coming in anyways. I also found enhancement slots hard to come buy and I wanted a mule for Preventative Medicine (which pairs nicely with the scaling resistances of a Widow), so taking Spirit Ward allowed me to have a token support tool while also providing me a free slot to drop in PM: Absorb. Most importantly, I wanted to have an on-demand "oh-shit" button. Now that Rune of Protection is a fixed uptime of 33%, I saw it as a perfect two slot wonder (those slots being two +5 IOs). With a base of 25% resistance (tied with Defenders as the highest base resistance amongst ATs) and 57.54% slotted enhancement, that gives me 39.14% resistance to all when needed. It's like getting to use 2 Robusts together every 3 minutes. Very useful, especially when at ~half life. For a quick example, let's assume my build has 15% resistance to everything via set bonuses. With Reactive Defenses scaling up to an extra 1% for every 10% HP lost and a Widow's resistance scaling 4% for every 5% HP lost below 75% HP, we will have the following resistances (in parenthesis is the total resistance with active RoP at 39% resistance.)

At 100% HP:  15% (54%)

75% HP:  17.5% (56.5%)

70% HP:  22% (61%)

60% HP:  31% (70%)

50% HP:  40% (79%)

40% HP:  49% (85%)

30% HP:  58% (85%)

20% HP:  67% (85%)

10% HP:  76% (85%)

0% HP : 85% (85%)

In other words, clicking RoP is equivalent to having my scaling resistances get to reach its cap at 43.3% HP instead of at 0% HP. Having softcapped defenses and near capped resistances makes me not fear my low health. With Preventative Medicine as a fallback, I can comfortably fight without fear of dying while RoP is active.

Ok...ok, now here's the builds.

Siren's Night (Single Target focused Night Widow build)

Siren's Night (Night Widow build with 3 AoEs)

Siren's Night (Proc heavy version of Night Widow)

Siren's Blood (Hybrid/Control/Support)

Siren's Blood (ST focused Proc Build - Soul Mastery)

Siren's Blood (AoE focused Proc Build - Mu Mastery)

Siren's Blood (Proc Heavy DPS - Soul Mastery)

Siren's Fort (Max Survival Ranged Tank)

Siren's Night: ST Melee/Support 

Highlights:

• 64%+ Defense to all
  • Perma-Hasten
  • 49%+ Resistance to all when RoP active
  • Team Support: +29% Def, +30% Dmg, +5% To-Hit, +30% Psi Res
  • 75% Slow Resistance (can get another 41.25% from Ageless Radial and Base Empowerment)

This build is mostly thematic. Almost like what if a Stalker could buff teammates. With double maneuvers, double assault, and Mind Link, you're giving teammates significant buffs. To stay on theme, I chose Eviscerate over Spin. That may not be a popular choice for most, but ultimately I find the extra damage and proc chance from Eviscerate to allow me to use it in ST attacks without feeling too inefficient. Also, I tend to jump attack so the cone shape of Eviscerate can still perform as approximately a 5' radius PBAoE equivalent. Not the best, certainly, but retaining a 45% chance to proc the FotG is nice when used as my opener. But feel free to swap this out for Spin, this is mostly just user preference for a little bit of AoE while staying on ST focus.

The build also has a net +2.42 end/sec so endurance drain is not too bad. Factoring in Panacea and Performance Shifter, it's about +3.108 end/sec. This is why I chose Ageless Radial instead of Ageless Core, I desired the debuff resistance moreso than the Recovery. Speaking of debuff resistance, the build has 75% resistance to slows. So if you grab the 20% base empowerment and have Ageless Radial's permanent 10%, slow debuffs will completely not work against you. Nice as the build is perma-hasten.

Note: This build doesn't really need hasten. Mind Link is perma without it and there are no other long recharge powers in the build. So feel free to replace Hasten with Darkest Night if you want a power that can help draw in aggro and provide an extra layer of survivability with its damage/tohit debuff.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.5.6
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Siren's Night: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Widow
Primary Power Set: Night Widow Training
Secondary Power Set: Widow Teamwork
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Poison Dart -- SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(A), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(3)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- Ksm-ToHit+(A)
Level 2: Strike -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(5), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), Mk'Bit-Dam%(7)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(13), ShlWal-Def(13), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(15)
Level 6: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(15), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(17)
Level 8: Follow Up -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Rchg(17), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Hct-Dam%(19), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(21), GssSynFr--Build%(21)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(23)
Level 12: Lunge -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(25), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(25), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), Mk'Bit-Dam%(27)
Level 14: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(29), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(29)
Level 16: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 18: Slash -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(31), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), TchofDth-Dam%(33)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(33), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(34)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(34), LucoftheG-Def(34), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(36)
Level 24: Mind Link -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(36), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Rct-Def/Rchg(48), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Rct-ResDam%(48)
Level 26: Eviscerate -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Arm-Dam%(37), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(39)
Level 28: Rune of Protection -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(39), UnbGrd-Max HP%(40), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(40)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), WntGif-ResSlow(40), LucoftheG-Def(42)
Level 32: Mental Training -- Run-I(A)
Level 35: Gloom -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Rchg(42), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Apc-Dam%(43), CldSns-%Dam(43)
Level 38: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 41: Dark Obliteration -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(46), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(46), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 44: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(50), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(50)
Level 1: Conditioning | Hidden 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(9), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(9)
Level 2: Stamina -- PwrTrns-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(11), PwrTrns-+Heal(11)
Level 14: Double Jump 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 50: Portal Jockey 
Level 50: Task Force Commander 
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Eye of the Magus 
------------
------------

Siren's Night: ST Melee/Support (v2 - Replaced Super Leap with Spin)

Highlights:

• 64.5% Melee/AoE, 63% Range Defense
  • Perma-Hasten
  • 75% Slow Resistance (can get another 41.25% from Ageless Radial and Base Empowerment)

This build is practically the same as the previous version. I decided to remove Super Leap (not needed since I already have Mystic Flight), and replaced it with Spin. I then replaced the set bonuses that came from having two BotZ (+2.5% Range Defense, +3.75% AoE Defense) and gave Spin 6-slot Eradication which comes with 1.56% Range Defense, 3.13% AoE Defense along with extra regen, HP, and max endurance. This makes for a net of +2.49 end/sec, and a max HP of 1578. Overall, I'd say this is a superior build to the previous one as there are now 3 AoEs in the build: Spin, Eviscerate, and Dark Obliteration while adding to survivability despite a slight decrease in range defense.

Note: some may wonder why I am willing to slot Mystic Flight with only the Winter Gift Slow Resist IO (thus, unenhanced fly). I do this because I only use Mystic Flight as a travel power and rarely use it in missions. When I use it as a travel power I have Jump Pack which will boost my fly speed strength such that Mystic Flight hits the 87.95 mph fly speed cap for 30s. That's more than enough time for me to get across a zone.

Spoiler

Hero Profile:
Level 2: Strike -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(5), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), Mk'Bit-Dam%(7)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(13), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(13), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(15)
Level 6: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 8: Follow Up -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Rchg(17), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Hct-Dam%(19), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(21), GssSynFr--Build%(21)
Level 12: Lunge -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(25), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(25), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), Mk'Bit-Dam%(27)
Level 14: Spin -- Erd-Dmg(A), Erd-Acc/Rchg(15), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(17), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), Erd-%Dam(40)
Level 18: Slash -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(31), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), TchofDth-Dam%(33)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(33), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(34)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(34), LucoftheG-Def(34), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(36)
Level 24: Mind Link -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(36), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Rct-Def/Rchg(48), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Rct-ResDam%(48)
Level 26: Eviscerate -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Arm-Dam%(37), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(39)
Level 28: Rune of Protection -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(39), UnbGrd-Max HP%(40), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(40)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(42)
Level 35: Gloom -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Rchg(42), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Apc-Dam%(43), CldSns-%Dam(43)
Level 41: Dark Obliteration -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(46), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(46), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(50), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(50)
------------
------------

Siren's Night - Proc Build: 

Highlights:

• 62% Melee Defense, 54.5% Range/AoE Defense,
  • Not Perma-Hasten (about 5.5s downtime when factoring in Ageless. About 14.5s without Ageless)
  • Team Support: 29.2% Def, 30% Dmg, 17.3% To-Hit, 30% Psi Res
  • 75% Slow Resistance

This is very much like the previous build, however I sacrifice perma-hasten, 9% Range/AoE defense and some slow resistance to gain crazy amounts of proc damage. Some attacks average 100-200 more damage than the previous version. And although follow up will not be up as often along with some of the big hitters, more frequent build up procs and the occasional strike/dark obliteration can fill out the attack chain when needed. This build also has the same net endurance recovery of 2.42 end/sec, however the use of proc slotting will make it drain a bit faster.

Example of attack chain damage:

Follow Up (238 dmg, +30% DMG for 10s, 21.4% chance at BU proc) > Slash (601.5) > Lunge (615.9) > Gloom (489.7, 21.8% chance at BU proc) > Dark Oblit (299.2, 61.4% chance at -Resistance proc) = 2,244 DMG in 6.204s (362 DPS). This includes the 30% damage from Follow Up but not the BU procs nor the -res debuff proc. At this time, the chain can repeat however Slash will shift a slot while it remains on cooldown longer.

Follow Up (253.2) > Lunge (653) > Slash (651.2) > Gloom (519) > Strike (360.4) = 2437 DMG in 6.336s (385 DPS). From there, the chain repeats itself with Dark Oblit and Strike swapping while Slash slowly slips along. 

Finally, the endurance consumption of the above was 70.71 end in 12.54s (5.64 end/sec). With a net endurance consumption of 3.13 end/sec, this chain will typically run out of endurance after 44s. So keep this in mind when choosing a preferred Destiny. 

Update: Made a change to the build. I originally had Membranes in Mind Link, however the recharge doesn't work. So I moved some things around and updated to words above.

Spoiler

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Poison Dart -- SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(A), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(3), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(3), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 2: Strike -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), Mk'Bit-Dam%(9), GldStr-%Dam(11), TchofDth-Dam%(11)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(15), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(17), LucoftheG-Def(17)
Level 8: Follow Up -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), TchofDth-Dam%(21), GldStr-%Dam(21), GssSynFr--Build%(23)
Level 12: Lunge -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg(25), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(25), GldStr-%Dam(27), Mk'Bit-Dam%(27), TchofDth-Dam%(29)
Level 14: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 16: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(29)
Level 18: Slash -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), Mk'Bit-Dam%(31), GldStr-%Dam(33), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(33)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(33), LucoftheG-Def(34), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(34)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(36), LucoftheG-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(36)
Level 24: Mind Link -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(37), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(37), Rct-Def/Rchg(37), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Rct-ResDam%(39)
Level 26: Eviscerate -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Arm-Dam%(40), Erd-%Dam(40), Obl-%Dam(40), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(42)
Level 28: Rune of Protection -- ResDam-I(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(42), UnbGrd-Max HP%(42)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(43)
Level 35: Gloom -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Apc-Dam%(43), GldJvl-Dam%(45), CldSns-%Dam(45), Dcm-Build%(45)
Level 38: Tactical Training: Leadership -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 41: Dark Obliteration -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), PstBls-Dam%(46), CldSns-%Dam(48), Ann-ResDeb%(48)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(48), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(50), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50), ShlWal-Def(50)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(13), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(13)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(15)
------------
------------

Siren's Night:  Tanky (added 5/13/2023)

Highlights:

• 67.9% Melee, 59.8% Range, 60.8% AoE Defense
  • 105% Slow Resistance
  • 32.75%+ Resistance to all when RoP is not active
  • 75.7%+ Resistance to all when RoP is active
  • Team Support: 24.3% Def, 5% To-Hit, 30% Psi Res
  • High Recharge, but not perma-hasten

This is built like a tank, but doesn't play like a tank. The AoE is minimal with Dark Obliteration and Eviscerate and there is no aggro control; however, it survives like a tank. You start off with incarnate-softcapped positional defenses and capped psi resistance. Your resistance to all types is strong to start, but when Rune of Protection is active you're looking at 75% resistance to all - which would be hard cap for any non-Tank ATs. At 67.5% HP, your restances to SLENFCP will all be capped at 85% while Toxic reaches 82% thanks to Reactive Defense. Toxic will hit its 85% cap at 37.1% HP.

Normally my builds use Musculature Radial for its Alpha, but for this one I went with Cardiac Core to shore up both endurance net consumption and to beef up Rune of Protection. Feel free to swap back to Musculature if you want the damage.

Speaking of damage, the ST is good. I chose to have fun with this build, giving both Follow Up and Gloom build-up procs. Each have about 21% chance to proc, but having both going in the rotation, the uptime for atleast one of them should be solid. Feel free to replace these with traditional damage procs if you prefer.

Placate was the utility pick for this build. Adds safety if I get in over my head, but also allows some added damage potential with hidden crits. Still, this is a user pick through-and-through. Other good options may be Smoke Grenade for hard content where you don't want to over-pull, Darkest Night for added safety, or one of the Tactical Training toggles.

Siren's Blood:  Melee/Tank-Control/Support

Highlights:

• 64.7% Melee, 63.5% Range, 61.6% AoE Defense
  • Perma-Hasten
  • 50%+ Resistance to all when RoP active
  • Aura of Confusion, Total Domination, and Psichic Wail for Crowd Control
  • Team Support: 28.4% Def, 5% To-Hit, 30% Psi Res
  • Plays in Melee 

This is a possibly untraditional build and it certainly won't be for everyone. Ultimately I envisioned a Widow that can stand toe-to-toe with anyone with its defense while also not needing to with its ability to use one of its three crowd control powers. Psychic Wail is a nuke and will likely defeat its enemy in one shot...nonetheless it's a mag 3 stun with a massive recharge debuff to help slow down the opponent. Next there is Aura of Confusion that will be up every few mobs. I like to pair Wail with Confusion, putting a dent in bosses then having them turn on each other for a few moments. Finally, there is Total Domination which is on a similar cooldown to Aura of Confusion. It too can control bosses thanks to its Lockdown proc. It won't be for too long, but long enough if anything gets dicey.

Note, there is alternate slotting for Spin and Strike where a damage proc is added at the loss of the defense from the 6th slot. You will still be at 60%+ defense to all if you choose this slotting. Also, this will be a very unpopular build as it does not take Assault. Don't worry, I have more fun builds on the way.

Spoiler

Siren's Blood: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Widow
Primary Power Set: Fortunata Training
Secondary Power Set: Fortunata Teamwork

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Telekinetic Blast -- SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(A)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Strike -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(3), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Mk'Bit-Dam%(7)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def(11), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(11), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(13)
Level 6: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(33), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(39)
Level 8: Follow Up -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Rchg(13), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Hct-Dam%(15), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(17), TchofDth-Dam%(33)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), GldArm-End/Res(17), GldArm-3defTpProc(33)
Level 12: Lunge -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(19), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), TchofDth-Dam%(23)
Level 14: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 16: Spin -- Obl-%Dam(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(25), Obl-Acc/Rchg(27), Obl-Dmg(27), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 18: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(29)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(31), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(47)
Level 24: Mind Link -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(34), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(34), Rct-Def/Rchg(34), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Rct-ResDam%(36)
Level 26: Total Domination -- Lck-%Hold(A), UnbCns-Dam%(36), BslGaz-Slow%(37), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(37), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(37), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(50)
Level 28: Rune of Protection -- ResDam-I(A), ResDam-I(39)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Dam%(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Arm-Acc/Rchg(40), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(42)
Level 35: Gloom -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Rchg(42), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Apc-Dam%(43), CldSns-%Dam(50)
Level 38: Aura of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(43), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(45), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(45), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(45), CrcPrs-Conf%(46)
Level 41: Dark Obliteration -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(46), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(48), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(48), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48)
Level 44: Darkest Night -- HO:Enzym(A)
Level 47: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(7), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(9)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(9)
------------
------------

Siren's Blood: ST Focused Proc-Heavy Fortunata

Highlights:

• 60.5% Melee, 58% Range, 53% AoE Defense
  • +2.89 Net End/Sec
  • 50% Slow Resistance
  • 47%+ Resistance to all when RoP active
  • Team Support: 28.9% Def, 15% Dmg, 5% To-Hit, 30% Psi Res

This build is far more offensive than the previous. It incorporates extreme proc usage and uses Psionic Tornado as a recharge engine to help drive the cooldown of Hasten, Wail, Confusion, and Aim. Total Domination is replaced by Dominate to help solidify the ST attack chain: Follow Up>Lunge>Dominate>Gloom>AoE. 

The AoE chain is mainly Aim>Wail>Dark Oblit>Psinado. Anything still alive will not be for long as the proc'd out ST attacks will clean up the rest while Psinado and Dark Oblit are on cooldown.

Note: This is mostly a build that is designed for +3 content. Even with Follow Up, some attacks will lack the accuracy to hit +4 at 95%. Nonetheless, it should still be strong even in such content. Also, you may notice, I sometimes +5 enhancements. I do this knowing that I'll lose set bonuses when exemplared. I fear not, nor should you, as the set bonuses lost are usually regeneration and at lower levels my defense is strong enough to rarely have a need for the extra regen.

Spoiler

Siren's Blood: Level 50 Mutation Arachnos Widow

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Telekinetic Blast -- SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(A), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(3)
Level 2: Strike -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(9)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(11), LucoftheG-Def(11), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(13)
Level 8: Follow Up -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), GldStr-%Dam(15), TchofDth-Dam%(17), Mk'Bit-Dam%(17)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-End/Res(19)
Level 12: Psionic Tornado -- SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(19), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(21), PstBls-Dam%(21), ExpStr-Dam%(23), FrcFdb-Rechg%(23)
Level 14: Lunge -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(25), Hct-Dam%(25), Mk'Bit-Dam%(27), GldStr-%Dam(27), TchofDth-Dam%(29)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(31)
Level 24: Mind Link -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(33), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(33), Rct-Def/Rchg(33), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Rct-ResDam%(34)
Level 26: Dominate -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), GldNet-Dam%(34), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(36), NrnSht-Dam%(36), GldJvl-Dam%(36), GldJvl-Acc/Dmg(37)
Level 28: Rune of Protection -- ResDam-I(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(37), UnbGrd-Max HP%(37)
Level 30: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg(39), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(40)
Level 35: Gloom -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Apc-Dmg(40), Apc-Dam%(42), GldJvl-Dam%(42), CldSns-%Dam(42), Dcm-Build%(43)
Level 38: Aura of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(43), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(43), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(45), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(45), CrcPrs-Conf%(45)
Level 41: Dark Obliteration -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), JvlVll-Dam%(46), PstBls-Dam%(46), CldSns-%Dam(48), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(48)
Level 44: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(50), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(50)
Level 49: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3), Mrc-Rcvry+(5)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(5)
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany 
Level 50: Degenerative Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Longbow Radial Superior Ally 
------------
------------

Siren's Blood: AoE Focused Proc-Heavy Fortunata

Highlights:

• 60.5% Melee, 58% Range, 53% AoE Defense
  • +2.92 Net End/Sec
  • 50% Slow Resistance
  • Team Support: 28.9% Def, 15% Dmg, 5% To-Hit, 30% Psi Res

I'm short on time, so I'll finish the write-up later. In short, I subbed out Soul Mastery for Mu Mastery so that I could proc out more AoE attacks. The loss of Gloom certainly hurts the ST potential of the build but the AoE chaos is certainly fun. Aim>Wail>Fences>Ball Lightning>Psinado...that's a lot of AoE. As for the ST attack chain, it's mostly Follow Up> Lunge>Dominate>then pick two between Strike and the AoEs. 

Spoiler

Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Telekinetic Blast -- SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(A)
Level 2: Strike -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(9), TchofDth-Dam%(9)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(11), LucoftheG-Def(11), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(13)
Level 8: Follow Up -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), GldStr-%Dam(15), TchofDth-Dam%(17), Mk'Bit-Dam%(17)
Level 12: Psionic Tornado -- Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Rgn-Dmg(19), JvlVll-Dam%(21), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(21), ExpStr-Dam%(23), FrcFdb-Rechg%(23)
Level 14: Lunge -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(25), Hct-Dam%(25), Mk'Bit-Dam%(27), GldStr-%Dam(27), TchofDth-Dam%(29)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(31)
Level 24: Mind Link -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(33), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(33), Rct-Def/Rchg(33), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Rct-ResDam%(34)
Level 26: Dominate -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Apc-Dam%(34), Apc-Dmg(36), UnbCns-Dam%(36), NrnSht-Dam%(36), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(37)
Level 28: Rune of Protection -- ResDam-I(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(37), UnbGrd-Max HP%(37)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg(39), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(40)
Level 35: Electrifying Fences -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(40), JvlVll-Dam%(42), PstBls-Dam%(42), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(42), TraoftheH-Dam%(43)
Level 38: Aura of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(43), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(43), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(45), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(45), CrcPrs-Conf%(45)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), Ann-Acc/Dmg(46), JvlVll-Dam%(46), PstBls-Dam%(46), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(48), Ann-ResDeb%(48)
Level 44: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(50), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(50)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)
------------
------------

Siren's Blood: Proc-Heavy DPS Fortunata

Highlights: (Added 7/4/2021)

• 59.7% Melee, 57.2% Range, 52.2% AoE Defense
  • +2.98 Net End/Sec
  • 50% Slow Resistance
  • Team Support: 28.9% Def, 5% To-Hit, 30% Psi Res
  • ST: Follow Up, Lunge, Gloom, Dominate
  • AoE: Psi Wail, Psinado, Dark Obliteration, Spin

This build is a variant of the ST-focused proc heavy build. From playtesting I found myself removing Strike from my power tray altogether. Its sole purpose was for optimal use of ST DPS against an AV. That felt unworthy of keeping as a mule, so instead CT: Offensive replaced Strike and Total Domination replaced Assault. I had to weigh the impact of replacing a power like Assault and I finally settled on the fact Widows have only a 400% damage cap and my build has numerous scenarios where it can reach those caps without inspirations. I don't personally chomp on red skittles non-stop, but I will sprinkly them into my diet every so often so it ultimately felt like what's the point of having Assault if there are times when it provides me nothing? So, I'm choosing to remove it for the sake of adding another hybrid concept to this build.

Already the build is offensive: Follow Up>Lunge>Gloom>Dominate is a strong sequence of ST damage (about 400 DPS). Even though that chain is not seamless in this build, sprinkling in Dark Obliteration or Aim into the gaps will do just fine. On the AoE side, there is Psychic Wail, and proc'd out Psinado and Dark Obliteration to give a nice 1-2-3 punch. All of them hit atleast 12 targets, all with radiuses greater than 15'. Very useful as enemies aren't going to bunch up tight for me naturally. Spin was added to replace Strike for a little extra AoE.

Aside from the offense, the build is tough as well: 52-60% defense to each positional at end game. Exemplared (losing Maneuvers and Combat Jumping) Melee and Range are still softcapped while AoE is on the cusp. Although there is not much resistance (except Psi) in the build, the use of Rune of Protection for "oh-shit" moments will help keep you tanky even if your health bar no longer looks green. 

FWIW, I also have Demonic Aura and Force of Nature accolades unlocked which I treat as a back-up RoP when it's on cooldown. Using Demonic Aura and Force of Nature together, DA absorbs the -defense FoN causes and I get 60s of +100% recharge, +25% ToHit, +800% Recovery, +30% Res(all but psi), +40% Def(all types but psi).

Note: Spin is very optional. This build can replace it for Total Domination or Confuse if the user so prefers. In such a scenario I would give the 5-piece Dominon of Arachnos to Telekinetic Blast (it still keeps the ATO global in the 6th slot), then 2-slot Total Domination or Confuse. 

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.5.9

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Telekinetic Blast -- SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(A), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(3)
Level 2: Combat Training: Offensive -- Acc-I(A)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(7), LucoftheG-Def(7), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 8: Follow Up -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), GldStr-%Dam(11), TchofDth-Dam%(13), Mk'Bit-Dam%(13)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-End/Res(15)
Level 12: Psionic Tornado -- SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(15), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(17), PstBls-Dam%(17), ExpStr-Dam%(19), FrcFdb-Rechg%(19)
Level 14: Lunge -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Hct-Dam%(21), Mk'Bit-Dam%(23), GldStr-%Dam(23), TchofDth-Dam%(25)
Level 16: Dominate -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), GldNet-Dam%(25), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(27), NrnSht-Dam%(27), GldJvl-Dam%(29), GldJvl-Acc/Dmg(29)
Level 18: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31)
Level 24: Mind Link -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(31), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(33), Rct-Def/Rchg(33), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Rct-ResDam%(34)
Level 26: Rune of Protection -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(34), UnbGrd-ResDam(34), UnbGrd-Max HP%(36)
Level 28: Spin -- SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(A), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(36), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(40)
Level 35: Gloom -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Apc-Dmg(42), Apc-Dam%(42), GldJvl-Dam%(42), CldSns-%Dam(43), Dcm-Build%(43)
Level 38: Aura of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(43), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(45), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(45), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(45), CrcPrs-Conf%(46)
Level 41: Dark Obliteration -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), JvlVll-Dam%(46), PstBls-Dam%(47), CldSns-%Dam(47), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(47)
Level 44: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(48), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(48)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(49)
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Geas of the Kind Ones 
------------
------------

Siren's Fort: Max Survival Ranged Tank Fortunata  (Added 5/7/2023)

Highlights:

• 58%+ Defense to all
  • Almost Perma-Hasten (6-7s downtime)
  • 33%+ Resistance to SLENFCP (72%+ when RoP active)
  • Has both Rune of Protection and Unrelenting for two oh-shit buttons
  • Team Support: +24% Def, +5% To-Hit, +30% Psi Res
  • Decent ST attack chain with Subdue, Dominate, and Gloom

Lowlights:

• Only 35% slow resistance.
  • Taking Presence Pool results in skipping Aim and Combat Jumping
  • Not quite incarnate soft-capped nor perma hasten
  • Limited mobility (Mystic Flight, Sprint/Athletic Run only)
  • Endurance consumption is a bit high

This build originally had a single premise: What if I could take both Rune of Protection and Unrelenting for extra hard content? My goal was to aim for maximum survival with two oh-shit buttons while still having a high-enough recharge to achieve a decent proc'd out ST attack chain. AoE was left for set bonuses.

The ST attack chain is Subdue->Dominate->Gloom, with Arcane Powered Bolt and Dark Obliteration available as filler if desired. There are ways to slot this build that would sacrifice the damage in Subdue so that you can achieve 60.5% defense to all positions (5 slot Arcane Bolt with Winter's Bite, move Dominion of Arachnos into Subdue or replace Subdue all-together). I chose to sacrifice the defense for some extra oomph in my attack chain, but feel free to play around with slotting. If you do choose to go the Arcane Bolt path, it's not so bad as a power. When you get the Arcane Power to trigger, it's a nice little crit with DPA similar to Dominate and Gloom.

This build is also unique in having both Provoke and Pacify. A little utility for those pesky runners as well as placate foes who may be a bit pesky (e.g., sappers).

Overall, not much to go into with this build. You stay at range, you will be tough to kill, and you have some support/utility as well.

Siren's Fort: Ranged Tank Fortunata (similar to previous, but remove Unrelenting) (Added 5/7/2023)

Highlights:

• 63%+ Defense to all
  • Almost Perma-Hasten (4-5s downtime)
  • 29%+ Resistance to SLENFCP (68%+ when RoP active)
  • Team Support: +24% Def, +5% To-Hit, +30% Psi Res
  • Decent ST attack chain with Subdue, Dominate, and Gloom

Lowlights:

• Only 35% slow resistance.

This build mirrors the previous one I posted, but removes Presense pool to add Combat Jumping, Aim, and Summon Widow. Also, swapped Arcane Bolt for Spirit Ward so I can mule Preventative Medicine. As for Summon Widow, it's mostly a fun pick. I tried other powers in its place, including:

• Summon Widow: Nice extra DPS, if you can keep them alive.
  • Enflame (with Dominate and Subdue holding/immobilizing, useful for ST DPS, roughly 15-20 dps).
  • Darkest Night (this freed up slots which I used to improve my slow resistance by two slotting Brawl and Boxing)
  • Leadership: Assault (frees up lots of slots and buffs team damage)
  • Total Domination (adds some more recharge and FC resistance, plus you can slot the Winter's Absorb Proc)
  • Confuse (6-slot with Malaise and this will give similar set bonuses as Summon Widow, plus you gain a ton of utility)

Every option has its benefits. Simplest solution is probably go with DN or Assault, and round out the build some more (I lowered endurance cost on powers and added 30% more slow debuff resistance). For more specific goals, the other picks can really shine.

Spoiler

Template:

eSilTK2L2lg.png
View This Build In MRB

Example Build with Summon Widow:

eTgQRMlfPW0.png
View This Build In MRB

image.png

Siren's Blood: Blood Tank (added 5/13/2023)

Highlights:

• 67.3% Melee, 64.2% Range, 65.1% AoE Defense
  • +2.3 Net End/Sec
  • 65% Slow Resistance
  • 27.5%+ Resistance to all when RoP is NOT active
  • 66.9%+ Resistance to all when RoP is active
  • Team Support: 23.8% Def, 5% To-Hit, 30% Psi Res

This build is almost a Fortunata version of a Night Widow. Very strong defenses to all positions, excellent base resistances to pair with Rune of Protection (you'll have 85% resistance to SLENFCP when at 53% health with RoP active). AoE is mostly for mitigation, as opposed to damage. Aura of Confusion and Psychic Wail will safely allow you to mitigate the trash while you focus your ST attacks on the hard targets. Psionic Tornado is there for AoE filler and soft control.

Single Target attack chain is Follow Up > Lunge > Gloom > Dominate. With Hasten up, this is mostly gapless. If you desire using Strike in your rotation, I recommend swap slotting with Telekinetic Blast. For me, I wasn't using Strike so I beefed up TB so I will have a 3rd ranged attack option if ever needed.

Slotting can certainly be adjusted to improve damage or survival. If you're willing to lose Toxic resistance, you can add a proc to Lunge and Psychic Wail, and swap in the Aegis Psi unique into Tough.

This is one of my toughest builds while preserving some decent damage capabilities. It would be nice to achieve perma-hasten, but overall the gap doesn't seem to be too painful. To break down the toughness, I'll show what the resistances scale to based on various HP levels (Psionic starts off at capped 85% so I will omit it from the list):

Scaling Resistance Percentage
Health S/L Resist
(w/ RoP)
E/N Resist
(w/RoP)
F/C Resist
(w/ RoP)
Toxic Resist
(w/RoP)
100% 38.4 (77.8) 28.3 (67.6) 32 (71.4) 27.5 (66.9)
75% 40.9 (80.3) 30.8 (70.1) 34.5 (73.9) 30 (69.4)
70% 45.4 (84.8) 35.3 (74.6) 39 (78.4) 34.5 (73.9)
60% 54.4 (85) 44.3 (83.6) 48 (85) 43.5 (82.9)
50% 63.4 (85) 53.3 (85) 57 (85) 52.5 (85)
40% 72.4 (85) 62.3 (85) 66 (85) 61.5 (85)
30% 81.4 (85) 71.3 (85) 75 (85) 70.5 (85)
20% 85 80.3 (85) 84 (85) 79.5 (85)
10% 85 85 85 85

Edited by Bopper
Added Page 7 Night Widows
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Well, I wouldn't miss the opportunity to check out a Bopper-approved Widow build!

Looking at the ST proc Fort build, I am curious about a couple of choices you made. Leaning into the Sorcery pool for Rune of Protection as an "oh shit" boost to ALL resists is a solid plan, for sure. It's sort of killing me that my Widow is thematically more natural in origin, and taking any skills from the Sorcery pool would somehow bother me more than the fact that she can already wade into a pack of enemies and Wail them to death with her mind, lol.

RP reasons aside, I do question the choice to put the Preventive Medicine proc in Spirit Ward. Since it requires a power to be activated to trigger, you'd never have it go off in the absence of allies (or pets). If you're ever solo tackling difficult content, I'd imagine that would be a bummer. Wouldn't it be more broadly useful to leave it in Heath? Sure, it can fire before you technically feel you need it, and the ICD is on the long side, but you would gain its benefits at all times.

On the flip side, I'm not sure I could part with the leadership pool Assault power, especially on an offense-focused build. Widows are second only to Defenders, and on par with Controllers and Corruptors, for Leadership pool buff values. It's such a nice bonus to constantly have going, both for yourself and your party, especially since so few players seem to take it. Of course the same reasoning can be applied to Maneuvers, as far as buff values go, but I find it rather overkill and redundant in light of all the other defensive buffs we provide.

It's obvious that you put a lot of thought into your builds, with a focus on survivability first and foremost. I'm curious about your reasoning on when you do and don't take TT:Leadership, and whether you've played around with a more offensive-focused build before deciding that stronger defensive choices were necessary.

• Like 1

@dungeoness and @eloora on Excelsior

<Federation of United Cosmic Knights>

45 minutes ago, Dungeoness said:

I do question the choice to put the Preventive Medicine proc in Spirit Ward. Since it requires a power to be activated to trigger, you'd never have it go off in the absence of allies (or pets). If you're ever solo tackling difficult content, I'd imagine that would be a bummer. Wouldn't it be more broadly useful to leave it in Heath? Sure, it can fire before you technically feel you need it, and the ICD is on the long side, but you would gain its benefits at all times.

Thanks for the feedback. In regards to the quoted portion, this is not how Preventive Medicine works. Preventive Medicine actually provides you a Set Bonus (much like how Reactive Defenses works). The set bonus it grants is the opportunity for the absorb proc. So you don't need to activate a power to get the benefits, you simply have to slot the enhancement somewhere. Even if you exemplar out of the power it's slotted in, you will still have the bonus (unless you exemplar so low you lose the set bonus, so make sure you attune that way it's good until level 17). For me, enhancement slots (but also power slots) are hard to come by in a Widow build. So having Spirit Ward save me an enhancement slot was needed. And if I had to choose between taking a dead power between Boxing and Spirit Ward, I'd rather have Spirit Ward :D. 

45 minutes ago, Dungeoness said:

It's obvious that you put a lot of thought into your builds, with a focus on survivability first and foremost. I'm curious about your reasoning on when you do and don't take TT:Leadership, and whether you've played around with a more offensive-focused build before deciding that stronger defensive choices were necessary.

Losing 2nd Assault certainly was a tough choice to make, but for a proc build the extra damage from procs and the needed survivability elsewhere were too much to pass up. For me, personally, I like having enough defense to softcap for incarnates (which is why I aim for 60, or close to it) and I like to have enough accuracy to hit +3s at a 95% rate. In the case of the ST Fortunata Proc build, when having one stack from follow up I was able to hit with Lunge, Psinado, Gloom and Dark Obliteration 95% of the time against +3s. With 2 stacks of Follow Up, I am able to hit +4s 97% of the time. So for me, that was good enough and I didn't have a desire to pursue TT:Leadership. I think I do have a build where I wanted more accuracy so I took it, but normally it's not the case.

Going back to the survival side, I feel good about Aura of Confusion's 90% chance at mag 5 confuse and the stacking of Dominate to not feel too too worried with my Range and AoE defense being less than incarnate softcapped. Afterall, we can always use inspirations, teammate buffs, etc to reach those numbers. And incarnates...the worst I can see is +1, so let them hit me more often, they'll be dead soon :P. So I certainly won't fault anyone for wanting to lower their defense a bit and take the 2nd assault or some other offensive power that suits their needs.

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Great builds, @Bopper!

The Proc-heavy Fortunata is very in line with my own build, though tougher for sure. My build foregoes any sort of extra resistance (tough or RoP) in favor of teleport pool.

This compromise is really just based on theme (he's a teleporting ninja type guy). I think RoP overall a stronger choice, and I'm sure your Fortunata is much tougher for the investment.

Being able to rotate aura of confusion and total domination as needed, and have both of them lock down bosses with the procs is a very strong proactive measure against spawns that you know may test your defenses, or to shut down crazy situations. I have found it to be very effective in practice!

On 6/25/2021 at 1:33 PM, Onlyasandwich said:

Great builds, @Bopper!

The Proc-heavy Fortunata is very in line with my own build, though tougher for sure. My build foregoes any sort of extra resistance (tough or RoP) in favor of teleport pool.

This compromise is really just based on theme (he's a teleporting ninja type guy). I think RoP overall a stronger choice, and I'm sure your Fortunata is much tougher for the investment.

Being able to rotate aura of confusion and total domination as needed, and have both of them lock down bosses with the procs is a very strong proactive measure against spawns that you know may test your defenses, or to shut down crazy situations. I have found it to be very effective in practice!

Looking at your build I can see a lot of similarities indeed. I also noticed something I totally overlooked...there is no need to slot LotG into CT: Defensive. I happily shaved off some Melee defense in favor of putting it elsewhere (usually Maneuvers). I'll update my builds this week to reflect that. I also like your use of using 2-slot winter IOs to help your slow resistance. I'm tempted to do the same and will look over my own builds to see if there are appropriate places to incorporate it.

I also can't fault anyone for taking fold space. It's a great way to maximize your wide, high-target AoEs. Personally...I can't quite justify it for my build (there are too many times I get hit to below 50% HP and RoP (or Demonic Aura) are there to max out my resistances and protect me from death. I was just in a +4/x8 ITF and decided to stretch my muscles by breaking away from the group and solo one half of the map in the Destroy the Shadow Cysts mission. It wasn't until the very last room where I finally succumbed to the enemy, and it probably was user error (Mind Link wasn't on auto and I forgot to click it at times). Nonetheless, there were moments where I needed that boost to resistance and the power came through.

Something that is likely overlooked about Rune of Protection is the fact it uses the Ranged_Res_Dmg AT modifier table instead of Melee_Res_Dmg. This doesn't matter to SoA because their modifier is 1.0 for both, but for most ATs the Ranged_Res_Dmg table is lower than Melee_Res_Dmg table (it's never higher). So I imagine many folks look at the power and think "meh" since the modifier is really low for some ATs (sentinels come to mind, but even tankers take a 25% loss in effectiveness). That is not the case for Defenders and SoA as they have the maximum modifier of 1.0 for both melee and range resistance damage tables.

• Like 2

Added a new build to the OP. It's an upgrade to the Night Widow build where I add Spin for extra AoE.

Highlights:

• Perma-Hasten
  • 75% Slow Resistance (can get another 30% from Ageless Radial and Base Empowerment)

This build is practically the same as the previous version. I decided to remove Super Leap (not needed since I already have Mystic Flight), and replaced it with Spin. I then replaced the set bonuses that came from having two BotZ (+2.5% Range Defense, +3.75% AoE Defense) and gave Spin 6-slot Eradication which comes with 1.56% Range Defense, 3.13% AoE Defense along with extra regen, HP, and max endurance. This makes for a net of +2.49 end/sec, and a max HP of 1578. Overall, I'd say this is a superior build to the previous one as there are now 3 AoEs in the build: Spin, Eviscerate, and Dark Obliteration while adding to survivability despite a slight decrease in range defense.

Note: some may wonder why I am willing to slot Mystic Flight with only the Winter Gift Slow Resist IO (thus, unenhanced fly). I do this because I only use Mystic Flight as a travel power and rarely use it in missions. When I use it as a travel power I have Jump Pack which will boost my fly speed strength such that Mystic Flight hits the 87.95 mph fly speed cap for 30s. That's more than enough time for me to get across a zone.

Spoiler

Hero Profile:
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(13), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(13), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(15)
Level 14: Spin -- Erd-Dmg(A), Erd-Acc/Rchg(15), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(17), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), Erd-%Dam(40)
------------
------------

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bopper said:

Added a new build to the OP. It's an upgrade to the Night Widow build where I add Spin for extra AoE.

Highlights:

• Perma-Hasten
  • 75% Slow Resistance (can get another 30% from Ageless Radial and Base Empowerment)

Hide contents

Hero Profile:
------------
------------

thanks for posting.  It is very interesting, even helpful even if I don't always agree with certain build choices.  🙂 

Just for a different look this is my NW

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7

Level 50 Magic Arachnos Widow
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Presence

Villain Profile:
------------
Level 1:    Swipe    
 (A) Superior Spider's Bite - Damage/RechargeTime
 (42) Superior Spider's Bite - RechargeTime/Global Toxic

Level 1:    Combat Training: Defensive    
 (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
 (3) Kismet - Accuracy +6%
 (3) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage

Level 2:    Combat Training: Offensive    
 (A) Accuracy IO

Level 4:    Tactical Training: Maneuvers    
 (A) Shield Wall - Defense
 (5) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance
 (5) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
 (7) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)
 (34) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 6:    Hasten    
 (A) Recharge Reduction IO
 (7) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 8:    Follow Up    
 (A) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Accuracy/Damage
 (9) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Damage/Recharge
 (11) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (11) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
 (13) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Recharge/Chance for -Dmg and Terrorize
 (42) Touch of Death - Chance of Damage(Negative)

Level 10:    Indomitable Will    
 (A) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP
 (36) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance
 (37) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime
 (39) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)

Level 12:    Lunge    
 (A) Superior Spider's Bite - Accuracy/Damage
 (13) Superior Spider's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
 (15) Touch of Death - Accuracy/Damage
 (15) Touch of Death - Chance of Damage(Negative)
 (17) Mako's Bite - Chance of Damage(Lethal)
 (17) Gladiator's Strike - Chance for Smashing Damage

Level 14:    Kick    
 (A) Accuracy IO

Level 16:    Spin    
 (A) Superior Spider's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
 (37) Superior Spider's Bite - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
 (37) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage
 (39) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
 (45) Eradication - Chance for Energy Damage
 (45) Obliteration - Chance for Smashing Damage

Level 18:    Slash    
 (A) Hecatomb - Damage
 (19) Hecatomb - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (19) Hecatomb - Accuracy/Recharge
 (21) Hecatomb - Damage/Endurance
 (21) Hecatomb - Chance of Damage(Negative)
 (40) Touch of Death - Chance of Damage(Negative)

Level 20:    Tactical Training: Leadership    
 (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff
 (23) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge
 (25) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance
 (25) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Recharge/Endurance
 (27) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance
 (27) Empty

Level 22:    Foresight    
 (23) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
 (33) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
 (39) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%

Level 24:    Mask Presence    
 (29) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance
 (29) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
 (31) Shield Wall - Endurance/Recharge

Level 26:    Mental Training    
 (A) Run Speed IO

Level 28:    Mind Link    
 (A) Shield Wall - Defense/Recharge
 (31) Shield Wall - Endurance/Recharge
 (31) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
 (33) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance
 (43) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 30:    Tough    
 (A) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance
 (33) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance
 (34) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime

Level 32:    Weave    
 (34) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance
 (36) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
 (36) Shield Wall - Endurance/Recharge

Level 35:    Combat Jumping    
 (43) Unbounded Leap - +Stealth
 (46) Winter's Gift - Slow Resistance (20%)

Level 38:    Eviscerate    
 (A) Armageddon - Damage/Recharge
 (43) Armageddon - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (45) Armageddon - Accuracy/Recharge
 (46) Armageddon - Damage/Endurance
 (46) Armageddon - Chance for Fire Damage
 (50) Fury of the Gladiator - Chance for Res Debuff

Level 41:    Pacify    
 (A) Accuracy IO

Level 44:    Provoke    
 (A) Taunt Duration IO

Level 47:    Unrelenting    
 (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal
 (48) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance
 (48) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/RechargeTime
 (48) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime
 (50) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance
 (50) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

Level 49:    Tactical Training: Assault    
 (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 1:    Conditioning | Hidden    
Level 1:    Brawl    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Sprint    
 (A) HamiO:Microfilament Exposure

Level 2:    Rest    
 (A) Empty

Level 2:    Swift    
 (A) Run Speed IO

Level 2:    Hurdle    
 (A) Jumping IO

Level 2:    Health    
 (A) Miracle - +Recovery
 (40) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery
 (40) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance

Level 2:    Stamina    
 (A) Performance Shifter - EndMod
 (9) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End
 (42) Performance Shifter - EndMod/Accuracy

Level 1:    Prestige Power Dash    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Slide    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Quick    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Rush    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Surge    
 (A) Empty

Level 4:    Ninja Run    
Level 50:    Musculature Radial Paragon    
Level 50:    Born In Battle    
Level 50:    High Pain Threshold    
Level 50:    Invader    
Level 50:    Marshal    
Level 50:    Ageless Radial Epiphany    
Level 50:    Assault Radial Embodiment    
------------
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1547;722;1444;HEX;|
|78DA65935B4F135110C7CF5E0AB41428165AEED0167A854AD517454308977269150|
|301C3CB66030D6C28DDDA42D0473F818951C4048D89E0E5C5CFE50D3451137D3075|
|BAFF092DE94936BF73FE6766CEECCC39E90753CE8FC947E3426A9BCCEAC5A23651D|
|0D7B77266515B3536CC7D5B5ADF34D61541A39EBE80256ACB05DDC819B9CDF86D63|
|736B57BB287A9733FACEBE59D88EB3CE4BE15834CD6C7C299FC96C3459D399B2377|
|938AD552AA3E769D16A2DD27ACEC8EF65F55DC3CC79A6F3C67A7C657A62595B32F7|
|B25A5A2FEE660A0F3B289F11FA5E3B058F922476542112AA88DC07271D244BD69E2|
|CDA254B93FFD1B297F853B1D6536423C146485DC2D2A64953A0A9CA3CECD419E61C|
|58B700FA38AE9F0A64838F648B214E1DF38DB35CBFF266C956FF147E0DCF40C701F|
|31074BE00231A9987543143B9D81157B1FFC55EE03738F8070C5E014FE89C46D4C2|
|D698450D9C79B0790DF19A39AE6B1BB9B9C2F09529FF26F88A26AEC331C56BE1782|
|D39C41934994760F015387C265B751D16887744BEADECDB1A942DED52981901DBA2|
|CC1818E2DC66E99FDDF8679BFB187B9E13B0E32DF31DD8F59E59A221E6C8B39DABD|
|5CE9DF1B481032E30E895AC4CE7C9D68B0C152F77B987BBDCC35DEE9B0517C8B693|
|6F49E708AA9322AD9B6F4977F2A27D1FFB0F70BC28E7A250957BF946F6FE621BEEA|
|68FBBA9924D3FFF433FE7E5E338018E1BE0733C64EBC73FC87E3E23AAA02223DDB0|
|79499D18E24E0C5DC75EF406383CC6B63799B7C0C4387C3B297E986F45986F45176|
|931D66209688FE980389F11FF04DFCB9F995F985FC1C437E62998A43A8E726D477D|
|8877473D7FB9A51EF5FC859797D4E5546557883182AA884595A5F23BB6AC4EAB5F3|
|6F7ECAC5A0B43FB5ED164695EB26E606805B50CF990E38F6A9B27A851C3733072C0|
|35ADC973B44649D428576B946B358ADD2584020523E5A613B93C771D95F96AD5FC5|
|ED57CAD6A7E58F6E5601FFC15FD3FC2E3F476|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

Edited by FUBARczar

1 hour ago, nihilii said:

RoP + scaling res, now that is genius. Widows never clicked for me, seemed too frail in hard content. This might just be the missing link!

IDK RoP up only a fraction of the time, unless you need the Mez Get out Jail Free or something I don't find it all that reliable or good after the recharge nerf, I'd rather build in decent S/L/E/N/P to about 30% or so and use Unrelenting as a heal.  Then I can also use it sometimes just for a damage/recharge boost too.  

but hey to each their own.

1 hour ago, FUBARczar said:

IDK RoP up only a fraction of the time, unless you need the Mez Get out Jail Free or something I don't find it all that reliable or good after the recharge nerf, I'd rather build in decent S/L/E/N/P to about 30% or so and use Unrelenting as a heal.  Then I can also use it sometimes just for a damage/recharge boost too.

My builds are starved for slots and have power picks to spare. This prohibits building for passive resistances, while spending a couple powers to get RoP is a natural fit. 1/3 uptime isn't ideal, but this is more a case of "there is no better option given the goals at hand".

20 hours ago, nihilii said:

My builds are starved for slots and have power picks to spare. This prohibits building for passive resistances, while spending a couple powers to get RoP is a natural fit. 1/3 uptime isn't ideal, but this is more a case of "there is no better option given the goals at hand".

idk it is not just about slots, it also about set choices.  And it is a mystery as to why there is so much fire/cold resist in so many sets like purples, Winter IOs, and regular sets too, often F/C has the highest resist value in the set.  It is like they want ever AT to be a Fire Farmer.  

And as I said above, IMO Unrelenting is a better choice for defensive-based power sets with no heal and that already has status protection,  For RoP you have to guess when you will need it.  So when you guess wrong you have you pants down for two minutes.  But some people like to gamble so it is perfect for them.  

• Like 1

Well, to be more explicit...

1) I like maximum damage. This means procs procs procs in attacks, hardly any sets. And slotting for global recharge and global accuracy set bonuses elsewhere. Tight builds and very little room to do things like i.e. 4 slot Shield Wall for E/N res.

2) I like soloing/dualboxing TFs like Apex, Tin Mage, LRSF. Situations with obvious spikes in damage. Lack of healing/regen can be a problem, but right now the bigger problem for my widows has been lack of resistances. ~60% resistances at ~700hp (halfway) folds like wet paper against Goliath War Walkers. One lucky hit and I'm out. This is just not workable, at least at my skill level.

Having predictable 85% res for 2 minutes should make for a much better buffer. It's not about having a gambling mentality. It's about lacking better options.

That being said, this Unrelenting talk makes me wonder about Adrenal Booster on a Stone tanker. Hmmmm...

Edited by nihilii
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, FUBARczar said:

And as I said above, IMO Unrelenting is a better choice for defensive-based power sets with no heal and that already has status protection,  For RoP you have to guess when you will need it.  So when you guess wrong you have you pants down for two minutes.  But some people like to gamble so it is perfect for them.  

I also prefer Unrelenting, especially for Defense-based ATs as the "Oh $#!+" power backing up the Absorb %proc/set bonus and Scaling Resistance Global pieces. My experience has been that once I am comfortable with the character's performance I will start using Unrelenting for the offensive boost. Heck... I often forget that it has a self-rez component as well.

The Presence pool is slightly problematic: it requires FOUR power picks to get the two best powers (Unrelenting, Invoke Panic) behind three choices, two of which will barely rise to the level of "meh". Far more annoying to me than the mechanics of those first three choices is that those three (Pacify, Provoke, Intimidate) don't synergize with each other so being forced to take TWO of those three is a real waste of a power pick. I suppose I'd be bothered slightly less if Pacify worked like Placate (at least for the ATs that have such a power), but the only rework the set really needs is to be able to pick Invoke Panic as a second pool pick. Unrelenting is already awesome and needs no adjustment.

Because I have written this in months: the game need both a PVP and Purple Fear set. I'd prefer both: the PVP set would be a good spot for another %damage proc and the purple set should have a %Contagious Fear proc (like Contagious Confusion) to make the single-target fears slightly more effective when facing larger spawns.

• Thumbs Up 1

Unrelenting is an interesting option, but I don't have room for two dead powers (I can maybe make use of the taunt, but I rather just use my range AoEs). But a slotted out Unrelenting is very nice. It effectively is giving you ~780% regen (assuming you have 95% enhance) for 30s. That's useful as regeneration is mitigation for any damage type.

However, I think I'd still prefer the 60s of resistance every 180s as opposed to the 30s of Heal over Time every ~160s. Just playing last night I was in situations where I was getting hit with heavy resistance debuffs (I was doing x8 Mayhem Missions). I'd see my 10% S/L resistance drop down to -50% and think, uh-oh I should react to that. So I drop RoP (which now makes my 10% base S/L resistance into 50%) and that makes the original 67% resistance debuffs I received (which was reduced to 60%) now becomes a 33% resistance debuff. So seeing my resistance go from -50% back up to 17% thanks to RoP was very nice, especially since I know underneath that are my scaling resistances which will help reduce those debuffs further if I happen to take damage.

So, it's all YMMV. I prefer RoP over Unrelenting for the reasons I said above (although I wish it was still the old 90s with 160s cooldown, but then I would just be a God all the time). But I can see the appeal of wanting to take Unrelenting ad it has some nice things going on for it.

Edited by Bopper
Updated regen calculation
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I used RoP originally then respec'ed to Tough/Weave after the duration nerf to RoP - but have been inspired by your post to re-visit.  I think you are correct that the Sorcery Pool adds more value than the Fighting Pool.

I am also inclined to think RoP is more useful for my build than Unrelenting for two reasons - first I can alternate with Melee Core Embodiment to cover a lot of the RoP downtime.  And secondly and more importantly - by using the Mu Mastery AOE powers (Electric Fences and Ball Lightning) and slotting both with Power Transfer Chance to Heal procs and also slotting a Panacea and 3rd Chance to Heal in Stamina, I find on average I have about 20+ proc heals over the course of a minute when fighting large groups.  Each proc heal is 54 points of health so I'm getting nearly 100% of my health back every minute passively through procs without the investment in powers I won't use.  And that is on top of my normal regeneration.  It is actually rather challenging just to count all the green 54's popping up it happens so frequently.  Nearly every single use of Electric Fences and Ball Lightning triggers the proc with a large mob.  The proc rate drops off significantly after the mobs are thinned out simply because I switch from using AOE attacks and start using ST attacks without the procs.  But the heals seem vastly more important while surrounded by large mobs than when I am chasing down individuals any way.  I also slotted the Absorb proc in Total Domination and use that power as often as possible and that also helps greatly as a passive heal of sorts.  Plus the Preventive Medicine Absorb proc on top of that.  So I feel like I can offset the lack of a heal without investing so many powers in the Presence Pool.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nihilii said:

Well, to be more explicit...

1) I like maximum damage. This means procs procs procs in attacks, hardly any sets. And slotting for global recharge and global accuracy set bonuses elsewhere. Tight builds and very little room to do things like i.e. 4 slot Shield Wall for E/N res.

2) I like soloing/dualboxing TFs like Apex, Tin Mage, LRSF. Situations with obvious spikes in damage. Lack of healing/regen can be a problem, but right now the bigger problem for my widows has been lack of resistances. ~60% resistances at ~700hp (halfway) folds like wet paper against Goliath War Walkers. One lucky hit and I'm out. This is just not workable, at least at my skill level.

Having predictable 85% res for 2 minutes should make for a much better buffer. It's not about having a gambling mentality. It's about lacking better options.

That being said, this Unrelenting talk makes me wonder about Adrenal Booster on a Stone tanker. Hmmmm...

yeah not at my "skill level" either, which is why I can't rely on something that is not available more than it is.  Sure you can use RoP for an alpha, but we run short-man (1-4 people) TF and Trial teams all the time and only +4/8 w/o inspirations and sometimes with enemies buffed (we don't bother with players debuffed anymore, all it really did was lengthen the time without making it harder) and that means that your AV fights will be longer, a lot longer than RoP is up.  So sure it'll help with the alpha, but that Goliath or whatever else will still kill you with a lucky shot at any time on your glass cannon relying on RoP.  I see it all the time with lesser toons.  

• Confused 1

I'm not claiming RoP is the perfect solution. But logically and given the constraints for my build, it seems to be the best solution.

Unrelenting will not help (healing/regen is not the prime issue).

Passive resistances will not help (can't fit them in my build + would amount to less than RoP).

Whether RoP is *enough* or not - there is no sense in going for *less*.

I'm not advocating anyone else follow my choices either so I'm not sure whether my opinion warrants this much quoting and arguing...

3 hours ago, nihilii said:

I'm not claiming RoP is the perfect solution. But logically and given the constraints for my build, it seems to be the best solution.

Unrelenting will not help (healing/regen is not the prime issue).

Passive resistances will not help (can't fit them in my build + would amount to less than RoP).

Whether RoP is *enough* or not - there is no sense in going for *less*.

I'm not advocating anyone else follow my choices either so I'm not sure whether my opinion warrants this much quoting and arguing...

Six of one, half a dozen of another.  Enjoy your RoP, I never said that you have to use anything else.  As I first said to each their own.  

Personally I don't the the problems that you expressed. so HF.

Edited by FUBARczar

This is bizarre. You literally came to this thread to jump on my post and offer unprompted advice. I guess you expected me to fawn over Unrelenting, but it's simply an inferior choice given the personal circumstances I went at length to explain. Then you move on to claim RoP isn't going to be enough to survive. Then you flip-flop to say you don't see problems, one assumes without RoP.

Like, OK, I get it. You must have taken my original line saying "widows seem frail" as some sort of insult towards the whole AT somehow. Then the ego bruise got compounded because I just wouldn't take your suggestion. However the suggestion lacks a logical case for it in this context.

Now if you want to campaign for Unrelenting being an uber awesome power pick for widows, go crazy. You don't have to go all quotewarrior on me to make that point. From the start I was talking about me me me, so it's weird to involve me as if I were talking about the AT as a whole or anyone else.

Seriously the *weirdest* forum exchange I've ever had over a one-liner thanking OP for their insights. People will take offense to anything.

That escalated quickly! Even though I use Unrelenting on my Fortunata, I can totally grok why Rune of Protection is a valid choice for others. Frankly, the most controversial point in the thread is that Widows don't need Tough/Weave ... which I agree with 100%. It used to be MUCH more common (at least from my casual reading of this sub-forum) that there were a few (demonstratably) experienced players who would casually suggest to a newer (VEAT) player that their proposed build could do without Tough/Weave only to be met with disbelief.

I find it to be much more interesting discussion regarding the choice between Rune of Protection and Unrelenting.

Some unrelated blather that came to mind:

I'll make as many of my own biases explicit: I don't like to play Incarnate content, and even 45+ tends to be monotonous (I'll happily join AV teams of course). This means that (as a player, independent of character) if I am looking for extra coverage of any sort, it is almost always coming from SG base buffs and the core build, not from Incarnate choices. Ironically perhaps: my Fortunata probably has the most veteran levels (well above 100) and a LOT of that came from Incarnate content.

When I (the player) play lvl 45+ content it will almost always be with PUGs (except for Television, because WE ALL LOVE TELEVISION, but my love for Television is especially unique), and I actually do expect us to play as a team, not as 8-solo characters. I will do my fair share of 'solo' work on lvl 45+ teams, but that is based on my mood. I really do believe that lvl 50+ missions that involve defeating AVs and lots of mobs go faster when the team sticks together, but YMMV.

I've been rolling with my ST Proc-Focused Fortunata (a slight variant from what it in the OP). It does really well (could use some more defense but still good overall). I decided to try it on a pylon and came away happy. I averages 2:20 on the pylon, 1:50 if I use Assault Radial. That feels pretty good for a build that also comes with a Nuke, 2 decent AoEs and Aura of Confusion.

Summary of changes from OP

• Removed the LotG Defense IO from CJ and put it into Strike as a ToD Damage Proc (I might switch this back, I don't use Strike in normal gameplay)
  • Moved Steadfast IO from Foresight and put it into Rune of Protection. This allowed me to 3-piece Unbreakable Guard for a little extra E/N resistance.
  • Added +5 Ragnorak (DMG/END) to Dark Obliteration
Spoiler

Hero Profile:
Level 2: Strike -- SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(A), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(7), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), TchofDth-Dam%(47)
Level 12: Psionic Tornado -- SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(19), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(21), PstBls-Dam%(21), ExpStr-Dam%(23), FrcFdb-Rechg%(23)
Level 16: Dominate -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), GldNet-Dam%(34), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(36), NrnSht-Dam%(36), GldJvl-Dam%(36), GldJvl-Acc/Dmg(37)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31)
Level 26: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 28: Rune of Protection -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(31), UnbGrd-ResDam(37), UnbGrd-Max HP%(37)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(40)
Level 35: Gloom -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Apc-Dmg(40), Apc-Dam%(42), GldJvl-Dam%(42), CldSns-%Dam(42), Dcm-Build%(43)
Level 41: Dark Obliteration -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), JvlVll-Dam%(46), PstBls-Dam%(46), CldSns-%Dam(48), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(48)
Level 44: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
------------
------------

Overall, this is becoming my favorite character. A nuke with 25' radius, Psinado with 20' radius, and Dark Obliteration with 15' radius makes it very easy to hit the trash around me, even when they start to run away. Then having a ST rotation that can do 400 DPS in Follow Up> Lunge > Dominate > Gloom > DarkOblit/Strike feels real good.

Thoughts going forward: I'm wondering if I should move a slot from Telekinetic Blast (currently muling 4% damage buff) to slot a +5 recharge into Aim. I haven't done so already because I always pair Aim with Wail in my gameplay so there's no need to have it cooldown faster. However, if I want to squeeze more out of my ST attack chain, having more uptime on Aim could prove beneficial. I'm also wonder about moving the proc in Strike and put it back into CJ. The extra regen and defense (even if small) might be more worth it in the long run. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Bopper said:

I've been rolling with my ST Proc-Focused Fortunata (a slight variant from what it in the OP). It does really well (could use some more defense but still good overall). I decided to try it on a pylon and came away happy. I averages 2:20 on the pylon, 1:50 if I use Assault Radial. That feels pretty good for a build that also comes with a Nuke, 2 decent AoEs and Aura of Confusion.

Summary of changes from OP

• Removed the LotG Defense IO from CJ and put it into Strike as a ToD Damage Proc (I might switch this back, I don't use Strike in normal gameplay)
  • Moved Steadfast IO from Foresight and put it into Rune of Protection. This allowed me to 3-piece Unbreakable Guard for a little extra E/N resistance.
  • Added +5 Ragnorak (DMG/END) to Dark Obliteration

Overall, this is becoming my favorite character. A nuke with 25' radius, Psinado with 20' radius, and Dark Obliteration with 15' radius makes it very easy to hit the trash around me, even when they start to run away. Then having a ST rotation that can do 400 DPS in Follow Up> Lunge > Dominate > Gloom > DarkOblit/Strike feels real good.

Thoughts going forward: I'm wondering if I should move a slot from Telekinetic Blast (currently muling 4% damage buff) to slot a +5 recharge into Aim. I haven't done so already because I always pair Aim with Wail in my gameplay so there's no need to have it cooldown faster. However, if I want to squeeze more out of my ST attack chain, having more uptime on Aim could prove beneficial. I'm also wonder about moving the proc in Strike and put it back into CJ. The extra regen and defense (even if small) might be more worth it in the long run. 

My main has always been a Claws / Invul scrapper - but my Fortunata actually seems even more fun.  Like a scrapper on steroids.  I can't believe I never tried one during Live.

My only thought looking at your build is why even pick Strike if you don't use the power?  If you skip Strike you have to pick up Combat Training: Offensive but that is actually quite helpful for a build with so many proc'ed out attacks.  Then you are not so dependent on using Follow-Up or Aim to get enough To Hit/Accuracy for an attack like Dark Obliteration.   You could still use the enhancement set in Spin or even Total Domination but you would have to drop Combat Jumping or Assault.   I'm not sure the extra defense from CJ is super important for your build.  Or the extra damage from Assault even.  But adding Spin as an extra AOE would be considerably more valuable than using Strike as a mule.

Otherwise it appears we are both converging on a similar build.  I find my four ST attacks of Lunge, Follow Up, Dominate & Telekinetic Blast to be more than enough for my needs.   They all recharge so quickly that there just seems no use for another ST attack.   I also opted for more recharge rather than procs on Follow Up and find the extra 5% of Melee Defense from the Spider's Bite set very handy.  Also opted to use the Frozen Blast set on Psionic Tornado for the 5% AOE Defense.  Psionic Tornado is great fun to use but even with procs it doesn't appear as powerful as my other AOE attacks.  So it seemed like a good place for an enhancement set.  With those two sets and the 5% Ranged Defense from Coercive Persuasion I'm able to forego adding a power like Combat Jumping.  I can understand skipping Total Domination but I love that power quite honestly and use it every time it pops back up.  Alternating Aura of Confusion and Total Domination is like ice cream with cake.

Also starting to think this is becoming my favorite character.  And thank you again for all the inspiration and insight as I continue to re-work my build.  Your Fortunata builds have been a delight to examine and ponder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottocamp said:

My only thought looking at your build is why even pick Strike if you don't use the power?

Mostly due to lack of options. I still will use Strike in an AV fight solo as it's still a good attack, it's just not useful to me for most content. It's also a useful set mule and good for exemplaring. But your question is one I've ask myself before. I could take the extra 15% accuracy and the to-hit debuff resistance. I'm truly not against doing so. However I just don't see any other power I would sub out. Combat Jumping is not only extra defense it's a recharge mule. I have thought about ditching assault, and if I did so it would probably be for total domination. In that scenario I could move all the slots from Strike into it so that it can have good uptime even though it would mostly just be muling with recharge. I could then remove Strike for the accuracy power. I will need to think about if it's worth losing 15% damage for me and teammates in exchange for a 3rd AoE control power. I'll plug it into Mids tonight and see how I like it

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, scottocamp said:

Alternating Aura of Confusion and Total Domination is like ice cream with cake.

Here is the Total Domination version. Not sure what I'd call this, but it looks like a lovechild between a Scrapper, Blaster and a Controller.

• Scrapper: ST attack chain of ~400 DPS (less now that Assault is gone, but it won't be a huge dropoff) with Super Reflexes levels of defense.
  • Blaster: A Nuke, 2 hard hitting ST ranged attacks, 2 hard hitting range AoEs
  • Control: Two AoE mezzes with a 90% chance of doing Mag 5, a Nuke that is also a mez (in case you don't one-shot +4 LTs, I guess?...the recharge debuff is also useful), and Dominate which can quickly stack holds on a ST.

Compare this to previous version (I move Aim down so I can take Total Domination earlier):

image.thumb.png.bb624947278878ad7d2991b9edefa085.png

I think I'm gonna go with this build, and here's why. Widows have a damage cap of 400%, and there are reliable scenarios where I am at that cap. Here are numbers for this new build:

12% Damage buff from set bonuses

10% Damage buff from Assault Hybrid's passive

81-123% Enhanced Damage thanks to Musculature Radial

50% Damage buff from Aim with a 90% chance to proc another 80% Damage buff

Gloom with a 22% chance to proc an 80% Damage buff

Follow Up 30% Damage buff per stack (having 2 up is normal for 60% buff)

Let's say I use Follow Up then Aim and it procs: I'm looking at 30%+130%+12%+10% = +182%

With a base of 100% damage anything that is enhanced by 118% or more will be at the damage cap (Lunge, Gloom, Psychic Wail, and Follow Up) while the other powers will be really close. 

Another scenario: Single Target attack chain: Follow Up>Lunge>Dominate>Gloom>AoE/Aim, let's say we have two stacks from follow up and Gloom procs. That's 60%+80%+12%+10%=162%. With a single red inspiration you'll be back to capped 400% damage on some of your attacks.

Basically, the long story short: I think losing Assault is not so bad for a Widow (sure it hurts teammates, but I prefer being self-sufficient) as there are plenty of times when you'll be capped anyways. 

Edit: Added this build to the OP. I like it and think it'll be a strong, well rounded build.

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 1