Powers development appreciation

I just wanted to take a moment and thank all of the hard work (and patience with our feedback) in regards to Trick Arrow's revamp.  There are some of us who waited something like 8 years after the original devs mentioned they wanted to show it some love.  The set feels so much better now after all of your efforts.

I've actually been seeing more Trick Arrow characters being played after the overhaul, which is a huge step in the right direction.  It used to be looked down upon back in the day.  Just know there are those of us out there who thank you and appreciate your hard work.

I've only experienced it after the revamp on my defender but it's been great.  I hope to see more of this kind of response as time goes on for other sets, because after Electric Affinity's creation and now the Trick Arrow revamp you are really on a roll.

Seriously, thank you.  🏹 🏹 🏹

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

I certainly like what was done with Trick Arrow, Energy Melee, and the Travel powers. For a nerf, I actually like how Titan Weapons was brought back into balance (although I wish Titan Sweep went back to being 1s fast cast and Arc of Destruction kept its base 20s recharge, even if it kept its slower original fast cast of 1.5s). Finally, I like where quick snipes ended up.

• Like 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

16 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

All hail Sorcery, Magneto Flight and the Church of Holy Fold Space!

Gah, I forgot the teleportation changes. That deserved praise as well

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Ah yes, the Energy Melee changes, that was good too.  Teleport is very addictive as a travel power for me now.  No more loss of gobs of endurance, you aren't in a rush to keep teleporting nonstop, it only needs a single slot, etc.  I haven't tried Fold Space and the other changes yet.

5 minutes ago, JayboH said:

Ah yes, the Energy Melee changes, that was good too.  Teleport is very addictive as a travel power for me now.  No more loss of gobs of endurance, you aren't in a rush to keep teleporting nonstop, it only needs a single slot, etc.  I haven't tried Fold Space and the other changes yet.

My monday group is a Radiation/Willpower Scrapper, Darkness/Martial/Psionic Dominator, and my Psionic/Time/Medic Corruptor and the Dominator uses combat port and fold space aplenty. Has it bound to announce she's doing it... so I tend to move my finger over to my nova as I see that pop up.

15 minutes ago, Thrythlind said:

My monday group is a Radiation/Willpower Scrapper, Darkness/Martial/Psionic Dominator, and my Psionic/Time/Medic Corruptor and the Dominator uses combat port and fold space aplenty. Has it bound to announce she's doing it... so I tend to move my finger over to my nova as I see that pop up.

Any chance you have footage of you doing that?  Would love to see it on Youtube or something

8 minutes ago, Thrythlind said:

Doesn't look I have that specific chain on video yet... will keep an eye out though.

No I just meant playing with combat port and fold space in general

1 minute ago, JayboH said:

No I just meant playing with combat port and fold space in general

I have a fair amount of Dancer doing combat port... doesn't look like I have any of her folding space yet... I'll try to keep an eye out tomorrow, see if I can put together a thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrythlind said:

I have a fair amount of Dancer doing combat port... doesn't look like I have any of her folding space yet... I'll try to keep an eye out tomorrow, see if I can put together a thing.

I don't have my team-mate doing stuff ... but I do have this little bit with one of my blasters using Speed Burst and Combat Port a bit.

@JayboH

Edited by Thrythlind
  • Thumbs Up 1

The snipe changes to Blasters have changed my life.

I love the new behavior for the flight pools. Combat Teleport was a great addition.

Officially having Ninja Run slottable as a travel power feels great. 

Devices, Tactical Arrow, and Trick Arrow are delights.

Sentinel has my favorite versions of EnA and SR.

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

Thank you for a well written and thoughtful post. I'll +1 your sentiments. 

The revamped Trick Arrow is incredibly well designed and landed in a perfect sweet spot. It "feels" like an archer armed with a set of improbable gadgets. The stroke of genius, I think, was having a few powers with multiple utilities, so that no effect is extremely powerful on its own, but taken together they provide a lot of unusual options. The T9 power creating an anti-mezz field for a long duration, perfect for AV fights--that's really clever and unlike anything in game. 

Electric Affinity is also an exciting set. It feels like it could have been part of the OG game.

I'm excited to see what new stuff might be on the horizon. I'm also eager to see this team's approach to some other legacy sets that could use some fresh paint.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oedipus_tex said:

Thank you for a well written and thoughtful post. I'll +1 your sentiments. 

The revamped Trick Arrow is incredibly well designed and landed in a perfect sweet spot. It "feels" like an archer armed with a set of improbable gadgets. The stroke of genius, I think, was having a few powers with multiple utilities, so that no effect is extremely powerful on its own, but taken together they provide a lot of unusual options. The T9 power creating an anti-mezz field for a long duration, perfect for AV fights--that's really clever and unlike anything in game. 

Electric Affinity is also an exciting set. It feels like it could have been part of the OG game.

I'm excited to see what new stuff might be on the horizon. I'm also eager to see this team's approach to some other legacy sets that could use some fresh paint.

I know!  Both Electric Affinity and now Trick Arrow in my opinion don't really have skippable powers (on a defender.)  That is a great problem to have; do you sacrifice a good tool for another thing you want?  etc.  I have every power for those two sets on my characters because they are just too good to skip in my opinion.  Before the change, I'd easily skip Flash Arrow for example - and some would skip Glue.  Not anymore.

Even when I feel like I would have gone for different specifics, I am happy with their approach.  Good example: Devices.

Most importantly, I feel like they have done a great job threading the needle between keeping the feel of the original game, modernizing, and just straight up doing the things we wanted done for years and decades.  Amazing what you can fix when you do not need to explain how it will generate revenue.

I also want to put a spotlight on a whole slew of under-the-hood work that has opened up tons of new opportunities (activation effects, executes, root separation). These things cause new bugs but I promise you it's worth it - we all enjoy features that would have never been reliable enough to launch without this work.

• Like 2

Just got my Energy Melee / Regen Brute to 50 and starting on my Incarnates. Have really enjoyed leveling him up ( Praetorian / Hero ), and am enjoying Dark Astoria ( Have got the First of the 2 Badges for Soloing Missions ). EM has Good Damage, Regen is Regen, and requires a lot more Clicking, but has been good and getting even better as I open Incarnate slots. Major Thumbs up.

Love the travel Redo, the new TP options took some getting used to, but I really like.

and now, Geez, I'm going to have to roll a Trick Arrow Toon, just can't decide what AT and additional Set, dammit....

I had planned on Painting my House this summer. oh well, gotta have Priorities.

• Haha 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

4 hours ago, Marine X said:

Just got my Energy Melee / Regen Brute to 50 and starting on my Incarnates. Have really enjoyed leveling him up ( Praetorian / Hero ), and am enjoying Dark Astoria ( Have got the First of the 2 Badges for Soloing Missions ). EM has Good Damage, Regen is Regen, and requires a lot more Clicking, but has been good and getting even better as I open Incarnate slots. Major Thumbs up.

Love the travel Redo, the new TP options took some getting used to, but I really like.

and now, Geez, I'm going to have to roll a Trick Arrow Toon, just can't decide what AT and additional Set, dammit....

I had planned on Painting my House this summer. oh well, gotta have Priorities.

I keep avoiding regen, hoping it gets a review/revision.  Mentally the first thing I think of when it comes to Regen isn't the clicks, or what it used to be, or any of that - my first thought is always that I will get hit and get affected by every single debuff in the game.  Naturally recharge debuffs are the scariest thing but regen debuffs and everything else affects you too.  I just don't know if it is worth the character concept.  It got some changes for the Sentinel version that was nice.

• 3 weeks later

You know honestly I would probably pick teleport all the time if the pool had a defense power like hover/combat jumping or if we could have 5 pools so I could take either or along with teleport.  It's that good.