Early-/Mid-30s, and Freaks. GAH!

RikOz

So what does a guy have to do to find a non-Freakshow story arc in the early- to mid-30s range? Those guys get very tiresome, very quickly - especially when you have as many alts as I do. It's like no matter which contacts I have, my alts consistently get funneled into "The Freaklympics" or "The Freakshow War".

Some contacts are especially annoying, in that their "get to know you" missions involve Nemesis or Crey, and get my hopes up, and then when they finally offer an arc, it's one of those Freakshow arcs.

(My blasters are getting irritated because Sniping a Freak just takes them down low enough to trigger their self-heal.)

Freaklympics arc is given by Marvin Weintraub and Colin Larsen.

Freakshow War is given by Neal Kirkpartick and Tina Chung.

Avoid those contacts and you will avoid those arcs.

You will still see Freakshow because they turn up in other missions, but at least you won't get arcs full of them.

regards, Screwloose.

"I am not young enough to know everything."

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, RikOz said:

So what does a guy have to do to find a non-Freakshow story arc in the early- to mid-30s range? Those guys get very tiresome, very quickly - especially when you have as many alts as I do. It's like no matter which contacts I have, my alts consistently get funneled into "The Freaklympics" or "The Freakshow War".

Some contacts are especially annoying, in that their "get to know you" missions involve Nemesis or Crey, and get my hopes up, and then when they finally offer an arc, it's one of those Freakshow arcs.

(My blasters are getting irritated because Sniping a Freak just takes them down low enough to trigger their self-heal.)

Most Freaks are susceptible to controls. A Snipe followed bu a hold or stun or fear or knockdown is very effective 

10 hours ago, RikOz said:

So what does a guy have to do to find a non-Freakshow story arc in the early- to mid-30s range?

Most of my magic-based (or interested) characters are finishing up Croatoa at that point.

... y'know, I don't think I've had Freakshow-heavy arcs for a while, even with my Brickstown/Founders characters...

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 8/24/2021 at 8:24 PM, RikOz said:

You might try heading to Croatoa at 25, or at 30. No freaks there. And when you hit 35, head to RWZ and then you can get sick of Rikti. 

• Haha 1