Do These Powers Work With Powexeclocation Slash Command?

Tailcoat

I'm working on updating CityBinder and to add powexeclocation, I've been making a list of powers it works with, but some I'm not sure about. Do these powers use one of those white targeting circles?

• Spring Attack
  • Soul Extraction
  • Dark Extraction
  • Gang War
  • Corrosive Vial
  • Lightning Rod
  • Gremlins
  • Ignite
  • Bullet Rain
  • Irradiated Ground
  • Savage Leap
  • Shield Charge
  • Omega Maneuver
  • Team Teleport

Here's the list I've got so far (not counting Lore pets). Have I made any mistakes?

• Earth
    • Quicksand
    • Earthquake
    • Volcanic Gases
    • Animate Stone
  • Fire
    • Bonfire
    • Fire Imps
    • Rain of Fire
  • Time
    • Distortion Field
  • Gravity
    • Dimension Shift
    • Singularity
  • Ice/Cold
    • Ice Slick
    • Jack Frost
    • Ice Storm
    • Blizzard
    • Sleet
    • Freezing Rain
  • Storm/Wind
    • Tornado
    • Vortex
  • Water
    • Whirlpool
  • Plants/Nature
    • Carrion Creepers
    • Spirit Tree
    • Fly Trap
    • Lifegiving Spores
  • Illusion
    • Phantom Army
    • Spectral Terror
    • Phantasm
  • Dark
    • Tar Patch
    • Dark Servant
    • Shadow Field
    • Umbra Beast
  • Electricity
    • Voltaic Sentinel
    • Static Field
    • Galvanic Sentinel
  • Traps/Devices/Ninja
    • Caltrops
    • Tashibishi
    • Gun Drone
    • Time Bomb
    • Trip Mine
    • Poison Trap
    • Seeker Drones
    • Triage Beacon
    • Force Field Generator
    • Acid Mortar
  • Weapons
    • Oil Slick Arrow
    • Disruption Arrow
    • Rain of Arrows
  • Sound
    • Liquefy
  • Thorns
    • Thorntrops
  • Portals
    • Rapid Response Portal
    • Ouroboros Portal
  • Kheldian
    • White Dwarf Step
    • Photon Seekers
    • Black Dwarf Step
    • Shadow Step
    • Starless Step
  • Mastermind
    • Summon Wolves
    • Summon Lions
    • Summon Dire Wolf
    • Summon Demonlings
    • Summon Demons
    • Summon Demon Prince
    • Zombie Horde
    • Grave Knight
    • Lich
    • Soldiers
    • Spec Ops
    • Commando
    • Battle Drones
    • Protector Bots
    • Assault Bot
    • Call Genin
    • Call Jounin
    • Oni
    • Call Thugs
    • Call Enforcer
    • Call Bruiser
  • Patron
    • Summon Guardian
    • Water Spout
    • Summon Coralax
    • Summon Spiderlings
    • Summon Disruptor
    • Summon Tarantula
    • Summon Adept
    • Summon Striker
    • Summon Widow
    • Summon Seer
    • Summon Mistress
  • P2W (non-Vanity)
    • Signature Summon
    • Backup Radio
    • Light Fairy Pet
    • Blue Wisp Pet
    • Shield Drone Pet
    • Shield Oscillator Pet
    • Dark Fairy Pet
    • Red Wisp Pet
    • Power Drone Pet
    • Power Oscillator Pet
  • Pool Powers
    • Teleport
    • Combat Teleport
    • Translocation
    • Jaunt

Based on city of data, as best I can tell:

Spring Attack - Yes

Soul Extraction - No

Dark Extraction - No

Gang War - No

Corrosive Vial - No

Lightning Rod - Yes

Gremlins - Yes

Ignite - Yes

Bullet Rain - No

Irradiated Ground - No

Savage Leap - Yes No

Shield Charge - Yes

Omega Maneuver - Yes

Team Teleport - No

Edited by BZRKR
Savage Leap was wrong

This will be useful for a side project I've been working on -- creating small popmenus for location powers, so that I can add macros to my characters that have them to make them a little faster to use. For example, the Rain of Fire popmenu gives you three choices -- '1' fires the power as normal, giving you the stock targeting marker, '2' toebombs it, locating it at 'down:max' (puts it at your feet if you're on the ground, or straight down if you're flying, such as working the monster wall in a Hami raid), and '3' centers it on your current target.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TraumaTrain said:

I use powexeclocation for Spring Attack and Shield Charge. (And Caltrops and Lightning Rod.)

I use them pretty much at point blank range to smash those around me. 0:5 or 0:7

powexec target self or somesome.

You can get a LOT of crap to fire on your head, which gets it easy for you to mash macros to treat everything as a pbaoe. Goes a long way for "alternate playstyle" executions!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Hew said:

powexec target self or somesome.

You can get a LOT of crap to fire on your head, which gets it easy for you to mash macros to treat everything as a pbaoe. Goes a long way for "alternate playstyle" executions!

I definitely use the macros on my doms for exactly that but is there any way to get macros to animate the recharge time as the normal icons do?

14 hours ago, srmalloy said:

This will be useful for a side project I've been working on -- creating small popmenus for location powers, so that I can add macros to my characters that have them to make them a little faster to use. For example, the Rain of Fire popmenu gives you three choices -- '1' fires the power as normal, giving you the stock targeting marker, '2' toebombs it, locating it at 'down:max' (puts it at your feet if you're on the ground, or straight down if you're flying, such as working the monster wall in a Hami raid), and '3' centers it on your current target.

I use popmenus for my teleporting characters. For example, I hit "E" to bring up the menu, then "A" for Combat TP to target, "S" to Combat TP backwards (to jump in and out of mobs), "D" to teleport target to me, "F" to TP to target (for when target is out of range for Combat TP. Good for getting back to a team if I get separated), and "Q" for "bug out" which is max distance TP for an emergency escape. If I just want to use the normal aiming, I have the TPs in the tray so I just hit "2" for Combat and "3" for regular.

1 hour ago, Tailcoat said:

I use popmenus for my teleporting characters. For example, I hit "E" to bring up the menu, then "A" for Combat TP to target, "S" to Combat TP backwards (to jump in and out of mobs), "D" to teleport target to me, "F" to TP to target (for when target is out of range for Combat TP. Good for getting back to a team if I get separated), and "Q" for "bug out" which is max distance TP for an emergency escape. If I just want to use the normal aiming, I have the TPs in the tray so I just hit "2" for Combat and "3" for regular.

I have a loosely similar popmenu for Wormhole to take advantage of the fun things you can do to a spawn with it -- a 'go away' max distance shift, a 'come here' to bring a spawn close (useful when you have two spawns close together and don't want to fight both at once), a 'pull' (back:max) for greater separation, 'left' and 'right' when you just want them out of the way, and 'zoom' (up:max) -- that one rains mobs, but it has a bug; sometimes the mobs you transport 'forget' to fall afterwards, and remain standing in mid-air above you, oblivious to their Wile E. Coyote status.

11 minutes ago, arcane said:

I don’t even know what a popmenu is. It sounds scary, like binds.

It does involve writing binds in a txt file, though there's a little bit of a different format, and then you bind the popmenu to a key. When you press it, a little custom menu populated with the items you put in the txt file, er, pops up wherever your cursor is at in the game. You can assign keys to each menu item that only fire when the menu is open, so when I want to teleport backwards, I hit "E" to open my custom menu, then "S" (which will not conflict with it's normal use for backwards motion) and BAM! It takes me a second to hit the keys and I TP backwards.  You can find info about it here:  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/6701-popmenus-the-what-why-and-how/

If you are interested in binds and find them intimidating, you could check out CityBinder for Homecoming at SourceForge. You can make binds by clicking on dropdown menu options and buttons, then click a button that generates the binds to a specified folder. I've been working on updating it (that's what I want to add powexeclocation to), so it's not perfect, but might help. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tailcoat said:

It does involve writing binds in a txt file, though there's a little bit of a different format, and then you bind the popmenu to a key. When you press it, a little custom menu populated with the items you put in the txt file, er, pops up wherever your cursor is at in the game. You can assign keys to each menu item that only fire when the menu is open, so when I want to teleport backwards, I hit "E" to open my custom menu, then "S" (which will not conflict with it's normal use for backwards motion) and BAM! It takes me a second to hit the keys and I TP backwards.  You can find info about it here:  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/6701-popmenus-the-what-why-and-how/

If you are interested in binds and find them intimidating, you could check out CityBinder for Homecoming at SourceForge. You can make binds by clicking on dropdown menu options and buttons, then click a button that generates the binds to a specified folder. I've been working on updating it (that's what I want to add powexeclocation to), so it's not perfect, but might help. 

Yeah that’s probably not for me. I’m a fairly neanderthal gamer with my WASD movement and my trackpad 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

Savage Leap is target based. Teleports to target, PBAOE attack.

Target is a valid location when creating a /bind, however.

/bind BUTTON5 "powexec_name Savage Leap$$powexec_location target_custom_near enemy alive Savage Leap"
This allows me to use my thumb button to BAMF! and rip into enemies behind/below/above I haven't even seen yet...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I definitely use the macros on my doms for exactly that but is there any way to get macros to animate the recharge time as the normal icons do?

I do "macros row 1, actual power above it in row 2" for this, it's the best I can manage. 

It does mean twice the icons (or thrice in the case of my Ice/Fire blaster because Row 1 uses "powexeclocation self" to turn things into PBAOEs and "powexeclocation target" in Row 3 for "I is scared of that spawn and want to soften them with Blizzard before jumping in")

21 hours ago, srmalloy said:

I have a loosely similar popmenu for Wormhole to take advantage of the fun things you can do to a spawn with it -- a 'go away' max distance shift, a 'come here' to bring a spawn close (useful when you have two spawns close together and don't want to fight both at once), a 'pull' (back:max) for greater separation, 'left' and 'right' when you just want them out of the way, and 'zoom' (up:max) -- that one rains mobs, but it has a bug; sometimes the mobs you transport 'forget' to fall afterwards, and remain standing in mid-air above you, oblivious to their Wile E. Coyote status.

I would love to take a look at that popmenu if you don't mind.

5 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

I would love to take a look at that popmenu if you don't mind.

Here's the Wormhole section of the menu file I'm building location power popmenus in:

//------------------------------------------
// Wormhole
// Wormhole will attempt to teleport the current target and the mobs
// around it to the location specified by the targeting cursor; this
// popmenu adds some predefined options
// 1 -- standard power activation
// 2 -- teleport to in front of character
// 3 -- teleport straight up over character to max altitude
// 4 -- teleport in the direction the character is facing to
//      the maximum range of the power
// 5 -- teleport behind the character to the maximum range of the
//      power. Because Wormhole does not appear to generate aggro,
//      this can be used to pull all or part of a spawn far enough
//      back to be defeated more readily, after which the remaining
//      mobs can be attacked.
// 6 -- Teleport to the left of the character to the max range
// 7 -- Teleport to the right of the character to the max range

Menu "Wormhole"
{
Title Wormhole
Option "Wormhole &1" "powexecname Wormhole"
Option "Here &2" "powexeclocation 0:10 Wormhole"
Option "Zoom &3" "powexeclocation up:max Wormhole"
Option "Boom &4" "powexeclocation cam:max Wormhole"
Option "Pull &5" "powexeclocation back:max Wormhole"
Option "Left &6" "powexeclocation 90:max Wormhole"
Option "Right &7" "powexeclocation 270:max Wormhole"
}

• Thanks 1

On 9/15/2021 at 2:29 PM, arcane said:

I don’t even know what a popmenu is. It sounds scary, like binds.

Sigh.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

If anyone likes teleporting, here are some pop menus I use. This one is for a Teleporting character:

//
    Menu Teleport
		{
        Title "Teleport"
        Divider
            Option "&A Combat Teleport to Target" <&powexec_location target Combat Teleport&>
            Option "&S Retreat" <&powexec_location back:60 Combat Teleport$$face&> // Since I plan on using this in combat, 
            // I want the bonus that this version of Combat Teleport gives. This is for when you port right to  an enemy, execute a melee attack like Sands of Mu,
            // then want to jump back to use ranged attacks. "Face" is necessary to keep toon facing same direction. Without it, character will turn 180 degrees,
            // which would be disorienting, unless you plan on running away from the enemy instead of continuing to fight.
            Option "&D Teleport Target to Self" <&tell $target, I'm teleporting you to my location...$$powexec_location forward:10 Teleport Target&>
            Option "&F Teleport to Target" <&powexec_location target Teleport&>
        Divider
            Option "&W Up And Away!" <&powexec_location up:max Teleport&>
            Option "&X BUG OUT!" <&powexec_location back:max Teleport&> // When you want to turn and run in opposite direction. Turn 180 degrees and teleport far away.
        }

Here are some Warshade ones ("face" doesn't seem to work on Black Dwarf form, which is annoying):

//
	Menu WSDwarf
	    {
	    Title "Black Dwarf TP"
		Divider
			Option "&A Dwarf TP to Target" <&powexec_location target Black Dwarf Step&>
			Option "&S Retreat" <&powexec_location back:60 Black Dwarf Step$$face&>
			Option "&X BUG OUT!" <&powexec_location back:max Black Dwarf Step&>
		}

//
	Menu WSHuman
		{
		Title "Teleport"
		Divider
			Option "&A Combat TP to Target" <&powexec_location target Starless Step&>
			Option "&S Retreat" <&powexec_location back:60 Starless Step$$face&>
			Option "&D TP Target to Self" <&tell $target, I'm teleporting you to my location...$$powexec_location forward:10 Shadow Recall&>
			Option "&F Teleport to Target" <&powexec_location target Shadow Step&>
			Option "&X BUG OUT!" <&powexec_location back:max Shadow Step&> // When you want to turn and run in opposite direction. Turn 180 degrees and teleport far away.
		}

Jaunt:

//
	Menu Jaunt
	    {
	    Title "Jaunt"
		Divider
			Option "&A Jaunt to Target" <&powexec_location target Jaunt&>
			Option "&S Retreat" <&powexec_location back:60 Jaunt$$face&>
			Option "&R Jaunt Ring" <&powexecname Jaunt&>
			Option "&X BUG OUT!" <&powexec_location back:max Jaunt&>
	     }

Translocate (character also has Teleport Target and Distortion Field):

//
	Menu SupaPooka
	    {
	    Title "Supa Pooka's Powers"
		Divider
			Option "&A Teleport to Target" <&powexec_location target Translocation&>
			Option "&S Retreat" <&powexec_location back:60 Translocation$$face&>
			Option "&D Teleport Target to Self" <&tell $target, I'm teleporting you to my location...$$powexec_location forward:10 Teleport Target&>
			Option "&R Teleport Ring" <&powexecname Translocation&>
		Divider
			Option "&W Up And Away!" <&powexec_location up:max Translocation&>
			Option "&X BUG OUT!" <&powexec_location back:max Translocation&>
		Divider
			Option "&F Distortion Field at Target" <&powexec_location target Distortion Field&>
	     }

Edited by Tailcoat