Back in the game - cranking out those 50's

Cyrickain13

So yeah serious case of alt-itis 

Cranking out 1-2 50's per week until I get bored again. Some serious questions though....

Characters can have more then 1 build? Which is awesome.

Should I do IO's for the build I dont play  much?  IE - Hasten with 3 Recharge IO's or get them special ones? I am sure I have more questions. Glad to be back in CoH.

• Thumbs Up 1

Welcome back home. The multiple builds are nice, but you do need all new IO's for each build. If your just returning and have limited funds you may want to hold off on any multiple builds, but if you have the funds go to town.

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

In a pinch, 2 level 50 IOs will be good enough for Hasten. You could boost them to 55 if you like.

Edited by Without_Pause
  • Thumbs Up 2

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I only use multiple builds very rarely.  For instance on my Farmer.  My farm build is very good…against one specific custom built group of enemies.   So i have a “standard” build for the character that does task forces and regular missions.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I say embrace your altitis and just do 1 build per toon. If you want a second or third build, roll a duplicate toon. With me, each toon develops a different personality even if it's the same power sets. I have 8 spiders if that says anything plus several power sets with duplicate toons but varying power picks and builds... and of course costumes. 😃

This will also explain why I always have no inf on me. haha

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Cyrickain13 said:

Cranking out 1-2 50's per week until I get bored again. Some serious questions though....

Should I do IO's for the build I dont play  much?  IE - Hasten with 3 Recharge IO's or get them special ones? I am sure I have more questions. Glad to be back in CoH.

IO everything. IO two builds if you like. Why not? 🙂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cyrickain13 said:

Wy are you "cranking out" 50s? There's this whole other game, 1-49...

And yes, you get build 2 unlocked at 10, 3 at 50. They have their own enhancements, pool selections, etc.

As far as "should I do IOs," it's your character - do what you want with it. *shrug* Will it be as enjoyable without them, or do you need perma-cap-etc-etc-etc?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

7 hours ago, Snarky said:

I only use multiple builds very rarely.  For instance on my Farmer.  My farm build is very good…against one specific custom built group of enemies.   So i have a “standard” build for the character that does task forces and regular missions.  

Similar.  The only time I have used a second build to date is for a particular challenge: In this case it was SOs-only.

I've recently been occasionally running ITFs with challenge settings and that has me thinking of a second build as well because I might do stuff for that which is geared specifically to that TF and challenge vs. the general case of teaming with normal settings, which is a lot less demanding.

But I haven't yet seen the point of going from attuned IOs to all boosted level 50s for "endgame" content.  It just seems a bit past the point of diminishing returns to me.  Also, I am not yet so rich that "cost is no object".  I'd rather make more characters than invest in multiple builds and that is still an either-or for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy moly I forgot about multiple builds! I'm gonna go wild!

• Like 1

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

16 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

You know what you need?  lvl 53 cytoplasms.  Every build needs some of them!

Got a few on the market or in storage, hmm? :)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 9/16/2021 at 8:25 PM, Cyrickain13 said:

Secondary builds are awesome for any of the Hero/Villain epic AT’s.  You have multiple ways to build these AT’s, particularly on the VEAT’s, and limited slots.  I’ve done this with a Widow and a PB and it’s kind of nifty to have radically different AT’s within the same alt.  Also fun for RP purposes.  I have a widow that was badly injured and had her body turned into a cybernetic experiment by Arachnos as a result.  She managed to hack her security protocols, became self aware and reprogram a herself different abilities at will based on the situation.  Thus the “reason” for multiple builds. 

• Thumbs Up 1